PDA

View Full Version : Well I figured I'd post this old riddle. For 0K.

StompArtist
04-08-2011, 08:48 AM
I turn polar bears white
And I will make you cry.
I make guys have to pee
And girls comb their hair.
I make celebrities look stupid
And normal people look like celebrities.
I turn pancakes brown
And make your champagne bubble.
If you squeeze me, I'll pop.
If you look at me, you'll pop.
Can you answer this riddle?

Lesrider
04-08-2011, 08:56 AM
No.

/10 char

Rebel
04-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Would it be water?

superss
04-08-2011, 09:06 AM
a good deed? lol idk

Rebel
04-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Well I was thinking water because
I guess if you haven't drunken water in a while, then you wouldn't be able to cry.
Drinking water will make you pee (obviously)
Humidity causes hair to become frizzy, therefore girls would comb it.
Not sure about making celebrities look stupid. Maybe when water freezes, a celebrity can slip on the ice and look silly?
Hot water makes champagne bubble, so that works out.
If you squeeze a water balloon, then it will pop.
Not sure about the last one.

So most fit, but not sure how a few work out.

mcyto
04-08-2011, 09:26 AM
No, I can't answer the riddle?

Addicted
04-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Heat?

Heat can mean different things like actual heat cooking pancakes, or humid heat making girls comb their hair, warm water makes boys pee, heat can make champagn bubble (boil?)...

Heat can also be stress or pressure like "on the hot seat" or "can't take the heat" which could make you cry or make celebrities look stupid...

I just can't fit the "pop" ones...

EDIT: It could also be Time

Heat + Time makes pancakes brown, champagn has to age over time to get bubbles, polar bears aren't born white so it takes time to turn white, everyone has to pee if enough time goes by, girls comb their hair all the time... It's only a matter of time before Charlie Sheen (and most celebrities) look stupid again...

Still don't get the "pop"

braluk
04-08-2011, 04:33 PM
The question is not asking what exactly makes polar bears white or what makes you pee. It's asking if you can answer the riddle. Which is no.

Rebel
04-08-2011, 04:41 PM
The question is not asking what exactly makes polar bears white or what makes you pee. It's asking if you can answer the riddle. Which is no.

I don't think this is actually a trick question, plus I don't believe the answer would be an opinion.

Redbridge
04-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Is the answer TIME?

Lesrider
04-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Just accept it -- I got it right!

Zeus
04-08-2011, 05:11 PM
I don't think this is actually a trick question, plus I don't believe the answer would be an opinion.

It never once asked you what it was. Read it again. All it asked was if you could answer the riddle :)

Zeus
04-08-2011, 05:12 PM
I think the correct answer is "Yes", because I answered the riddle by saying "Yes"

Redbridge
04-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Yes

/10 char

EDIT: Beat me by a few seconds....... Lol

Zeus
04-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Yes

/10 char

EDIT: Beat me by a few seconds....... Lol

Hehe, I'm a sniper :D.

Nightarcher
04-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Is it... a camera?

Kossi
04-08-2011, 06:22 PM
oh lol saw it

noobmigo
04-08-2011, 06:24 PM
This took me about 45 minutes, lol.
it's either Yes No Pressure or Time.

Frenzyn
04-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Is the answer maple syrup? :D

Ersana
04-08-2011, 08:54 PM
It's water it can take out a polar bears pigment make champaign bubble make hair curly make you pee ect.

Ayrilana
04-08-2011, 09:31 PM
There is no answer to it. I remember this from several years ago.

Ersana
04-08-2011, 09:53 PM
There Is an answer it's water water does all of those things and when it refers to popping it means water balloon and for polar bears it can wash away the pigment

Rebel
04-08-2011, 09:55 PM
There Is an answer it's water water does all of those things and when it refers to popping it means water balloon and for polar bears it can wash away the pigment

Yah, I found water as the answer for all but the last part. How do you pop from looking at water?

Moogerfooger
04-08-2011, 10:07 PM

Sorry, polars bears have no pigment in their hair. Finally, my biology classes come in handy :p

Ersana
04-08-2011, 10:26 PM
That's a lie!!! They have certain pigments and don't mess with me on this I know what I'm saying

Ersana
04-08-2011, 10:27 PM
The reason their hairs are transparent and not white is due to the fading of pigments and check-mate

Moogerfooger
04-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Sorry...transparent. They yellow over time with age and no one is sure why that I recall. But their hair has no pigment naturally. Fact.

And I have a biology degree, so although that doesn't make me an expert, I know a coupla things about a coupla things on biology :D

Aha...just checked Wikpedia: "Polar bear fur consists of a layer of dense underfur and an outer layer of guard hairs, which appear white to tan but are actually transparent".

From Polar Bears International at http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/polar-bears/bear-essentials-polar-style/characteristics/fur-and-skin : "Each hair shaft is pigment-free and transparent with a hollow core that scatters and reflects visible light, much like what happens with ice and snow.

Polar bears look whitest when they are clean and in sunlight, especially just after the molt period, which usually begins in spring and is complete by late summer. Before molting, oils from the seals they eat can make them look yellow."

So although their hair is transparent (fact) I suppose if you count dirt/oils, you could wash them away ;)

I see your checkmate and laugh :p

Ayrilana
04-08-2011, 10:43 PM
All that is asked is whether you can answer the riddle. It doesn't ask you to solve it.

Ersana
04-08-2011, 10:45 PM
I said transparent and wikapedia is an unreliable rescource

Ayrilana
04-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Wikipedia is about as accurate as most online sites. They're only deemed unreliable because anyone can post and edit them anonymously.

Moogerfooger
04-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Wikipedia is about as accurate as most online sites. They're only deemed unreliable because anyone can post and edit them anonymously.

And that was why I quoted a federally-funded Polar Bear site as well.

If you like, you can also check the National Wildlife Federation's website at http://www.nwf.org/Wildlife/Wildlife-Library/Mammals/Polar-Bear.aspx. I'm sure I could look up twenty more legit sites that say the same thing ;)

And Ersana, show me a reliable source that states that their hair is transparent from fading, then I'll believe you. You also only said transparent after I said it....you initially stated they have "certain pigments"

Edit: aww to hell with it...some sites say white (lack of pigment, btw) and some say transparent, and I would rather get along with everyone instead of argue over something stupid.

Sigkill
04-08-2011, 11:23 PM
It's coke lol..... has to be...

braluk
04-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Haha, kudos for not having this thread turn into a nerdy argument about polar bears earlier than page 3. I thought it woulda happened by post 10

Moogerfooger
04-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Haha, kudos for not having this thread turn into a nerdy argument about polar bears earlier than page 3. I thought it woulda happened by post 10

Yeah no doubt...caught myself and said what the hell am I arguing on a forum about polar bear hair for???? :p

braluk
04-08-2011, 11:35 PM
Yeah no doubt...caught myself and said what the hell am I arguing on a forum about polar bear hair for???? :p

trust me I been there (bio major as well back in the good old days). If I applied the drive to look up and defend and research topics to real life like I do in online forum arguments, I'd be solving world problems. haha

Plasticuproject
04-08-2011, 11:50 PM
This argument is stupid. Everyone knows bears aren't real anyway. Have any of you ever touched one? I mean come on guys, use those brains!

Ersana
04-09-2011, 06:18 AM
I have touched a bear thank you very much