PDA

View Full Version : the next area!

superss
04-08-2011, 12:14 PM
were do You think the next area will be after the sewers? id like a volcano! you could use the rock golems again and have lava monsters! you could have obsidian items for a set and much much more... where would you like the next area to be?

StompArtist
04-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Squirrel towne. Of course.

noneo
04-08-2011, 12:26 PM
I would love to see some sort of space area. You can travel to different worlds and have real guns and everything. It could be called BlackStar or something.

RedRyder
04-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Can't use the current world map as a preference :p it's been said that the map would include pages

BeardedBear
04-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Going to be a tough one. What kind of environmental settings can ya'll think of that don't fall in these categories?

Forest
Sewers
Castles
Artic/Tundra
Graveyard/Crypt
Swamp
Desert
Caves

I know we have tossed around the pirate idea in the past. I'd like to see something water based. Maybe taking boats or crossing sandbars to get to each island where there would be concentrated mobs; having coconuts falls from trees similar to how fire traps go off in the sewers.

Wait a second, I still have to get past 51!

StompArtist
04-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Mountains i guess

Wrap
04-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Volcano idea is great! I could totally see that working! Nice idea! :)

superss
04-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Volcano idea is great! I could totally see that working! Nice idea! :)

thanks! :) it totaly makes sense! you could have flame throwers too! and diamond stuff...

Kalielle
04-08-2011, 01:07 PM
I remember in the past people suggested underwater. I like that idea. You could have the walls and floor bluish and add a blue fog to it, sort of like BS has a greenish fog. Have corals and underwater plants as vegetation, and fish-like monsters. The entrance could be that new pool they're adding to the AO2 town that you can now jump into. You could say it flows underground into a cavern that then opens into the sea or something.

Arterra
04-08-2011, 01:07 PM
the mountain theme has yet to be broken in too well... not sure how many people do the rocky area in balefort, safe re-using the golemns, and having volcanic golemns as miniboses would be cool..

Engelhard
04-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Volcano is a great idea.....anything new to Pocket Legends is GREAT..............just keeps getting better and better.......................volcano is the best idea for new map i have heard in a while

braluk
04-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Haha this discussion reminds me of Mario for some reason. It seems like the landscapes for both games pretty much hit every landscape (with the exception of PL not having water based maps yet).

Duke
04-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Farmlands, of course. Did you really think that Farmin' legends was just an April Fool's joke?

BeardedBear
04-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Farmlands, of course. Did you really think that Farmin' legends was just an April Fool's joke?

Scarecrow boss. Cow mounts.

Duke
04-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Crow and gopher enemies. Save the lettuce from the rabbits! Retrieve the plow pieces from the wicked farmer! Gather the crops! Irrigate the fields!

The possibilities are endless.

Rebel
04-08-2011, 02:25 PM
I've always wanted an underwater theme.

StompArtist
04-08-2011, 02:26 PM
I've always wanted an underwater theme.

Those void helmets would actually have a purpose...

Acyer
04-08-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm thinking a jungle map....

Doubletime
04-08-2011, 02:35 PM
I like the Volcano idea. The weapons could have a bunch of fire based procs. Just think, Birds carrying flame throwers. Mages using fire staffs. Bears with lava hammers.

I also like a seaside or water based theme area. It could start in a port town and lead to seaside boards, ships, islands, and underwater boss lairs. Vanity items could be pirate patches and beards.

But I am sure the devs have something good in store.

Leiver
04-08-2011, 02:38 PM
There's lots of possibilities. Obviously the volcano theme has been heavily suggested above, as has a water theme. Both are very good suggestions.

I like the way some areas are expanded on, such as the way there are two frozen areas, the balefort castle being expanded into the sewers and the way the three AO areas flow into each other. Such examples are suited well to this game so a move back to the forest, but obviously more difficult. At the start you had forest haven then dark forest, maybe the next one could be nightmare forest? Same theme but mobs suited to level 55-60. I'd like to see more alien maps, maybe in space or on a spaceship or something. Would be good to see that in the future :)

superss
04-08-2011, 02:43 PM
i know... an underwater volcano!!!!!!!! the fist few levels are water themed and than you get to the lava! for the level cap item set in there you could have chaos items... a mix of water and lava in a frame... well its sounding more and more random lol im sticking with the volcano...

azulflame
04-08-2011, 02:51 PM
I'm with volcano and rocks, and an thinking the sun god at the top of volcano. can summon kamakazis, like goblin king, and maybe a one-hit KO would be tricky. but to do that, you need to make the best drops in the game. new item class: black. you know how AO3 bosses drop purples with a chance of pinks? make the sun god drop pinks with a chance of blacks. but make him ultra-hard for those items (maybe in an elite dungeon, but just wanna get my idea out there)

braluk
04-08-2011, 02:54 PM
This would be pretty cool. Maybe the final stage of this ultimate map would require you to defeat every boss and associated map enemies in all the previous maps (kind of like large rooms that are minimaps of the other stages). It would be of course nerfed for drops and level adjusted. Kind of like the final boss in Chrono Trigger, if any of you guys ever beat it/played it.

noneo
04-08-2011, 03:11 PM
An apocalyptic area would be cool as well. Rubble everywhere, and electric sparks coming out of the wall that can damage you (act as fire traps do now). Could be either zombies, or disheveled survivors of the near-apocalypse as mobs.

Ersana
04-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Or how about the idea of an alternate universe. For the boss level you would have to fight a recreation of your party. And the regular guys could be like evil birds bears and mages

icantgetkills
04-08-2011, 10:42 PM
well theres a giant dragon and a giant octopus on the map :D

Ersana
04-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Oooooh how bout a mystical sky land where like you fight in the clouds and some new weps could be like lightning bolts

Suntv
04-09-2011, 01:20 AM
I think the main problem would be the ammount of xp you need for level 56. If they make a new world, then either two things will happen:
1. It will be level 56-60 (perhaps an elite level 61) for all players with the gap between 55 and 56 the way it is now. That would mean all players need about 83k xp for level 56. It would kill the game for most of the players.
2. It will be level 56-60 (perhaps an elite level 61) for all players with converted xp. If you reached level 56 it will be converted to let's say level 60. For most players it's still a long road, but more acceptable. If they do that then all players who are level 56 won't have the opportunity to get level 57 and 59 drops.

Personally I think there won't be a new world and all development is put in new content for current levels and Blackstar. But if they do make a new world an underwater volcano sounds good.

B) Shark Skin Cloth LV 57

Edit/addon: they might make a new elite area like Shadow Caves just for level 55 and up. Or two :)

Duke
04-09-2011, 10:24 AM
When they raise the level cap, they will make the xp to level 56 in line with the normal pattern. They've already said this. If you're between 55 and 56, you'd be set the the same percentage.

RueMorgue
04-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Jungle. Big bad apes for bosses, monkey minions, poison dart boobie traps, (too indiana jones-ish?).
Perhaps find artifacts, tablets with spells to collect and enhance items...but actually make them better. Or have shaman bless or curse an item.

Hayabusaz
04-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Squirrel towne. Of course.

lmao that one made me laugh man, nice one !

+10 !

Hayabusaz
04-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Oooooh how bout a mystical sky land where like you fight in the clouds and some new weps could be like lightning bolts

Awesome !!!

Klemen
04-09-2011, 12:17 PM
You cant avoid the obvious...

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad100/woxlayks/Breznaslova.png