PDA

View Full Version : A general idea of how to level up!

Mothwing
04-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Ok so new players are probably wondering...MAN I REALLY WANNA LEVEL UP!!! Well all the info you need is stored here. Keep in mind that leveling doesnt happen instantly. You have to work at it and perservere. In other words, pace yourself. Make a goal for each day such as, "I am going to level 3 times each day. And follow this goal each week, every other day, etc. This is what i did when i reached level 30. I said to myself, im almost there, I CAN MAKE IT! And thats the first time i actually felt like i could succeed in this game. So, your adventure begins....
FOREST HAVEN:
The best thing to do here is follow the quests and earn xp on the way. There is really no "jackpot" level to instantly level up 5 times in 2 rounds. When you finish the quests in forest haven, you should reach level 10 with about 8-10k gold from questing. (thats an estimate for how much gear you buy. So far so good. Now the next level. The dark forest.

THE DARK FOREST:
This dungeon area gets you to level 18. Pretty much same thing here. You could get to the level max in this area if you spend money on exilir located in the platinum store. It costs 3k gold which seems like a lot so spend wisely.

Once you reach about level 30, you should start thinking about buying alien oasis. This is the best place to level up, especially in ao2, plasma pyramid (pp). This level will get you to level 48 in about 2 days if you keep at it and crush the keeper in ao3 (trials of the galactic overlord) should do the rest. This level will also get you to the elite levels of 53. Once there, the best and last place to earn xp is balefort sewers.

In balefort sewers, i reccomend NOT BUYING EXILIR!!!! There are fire traps EVERYWHERE. This could instantly kill you and drain money straight from your pocket, therefore, simply dont waste money on exilir. The best places to go are Bandit Boy Hideout and The Catacombs.

Hope this helps!

Sigkill
04-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Lvling up is pretty easy; you kill stuff..... I don't think a confusing guide in terrible english is needed.

Otukura
04-08-2011, 08:26 PM
\
FOREST HAVEN:
The best thing to do here is follow the quests and earn xp on the way. There is really no "jackpot" level to instantly level up 5 times in 2 rounds. When you finish the quests in forest haven, you should reach level 10 with about 8-10k gold from questing. (thats an estimate for how much gear you buy. So far so good. Now the next level. The dark forest.
no where near 8-10k, go for 3k, oh and this gets you to 13
THE DARK FOREST:
This dungeon area gets you to level 13. Pretty much same thing here. You could get to the level max in this area if you spend money on exilir located in the platinum store. It costs 3k gold which seems like a lot so spend wisely.
cheapest XP elix costs 1.5k, and you can reach the mx in that area without the elix. It gets you to 18, not 13
Once you reach about level 30, you should start thinking about buying alien oasis. This is the best place to level up, especially in ao2, plasma pyramid (pp)go thru swamps and AO1 first, please. if you're below 40 and in PP, I personally will kick you, and so with many others. This level will get you to level 48 in about 2 daysnot everyone has the same playing time as you if you keep at it and crush the keeper in ao3 (trials of the galactic overlord) should do the rest. This level will also get you to the elite levels of 53lvl =/= elite-ness. Once there, the best and last place to earn xp is balefort sewers.

In balefort sewers, i reccomend NOT BUYING EXILIR!!!! There are fire traps EVERYWHERE. This could instantly kill you and drain money straight from your pocket, therefore, simply dont waste money on exilir. um... just because you don't know how to time them or get past them doesn't mean others cant...The best places to go are Bandit Boy Hideout and The Catacombs.

Hope this helps!

My thoughts in bold....

DawnInfinity
04-08-2011, 10:54 PM
I liked leveling in Hideout and Stronghold. The first mob in Catacombs often kills me. People may use elixirs if they wish, but they are responsible for their lives and utilization of them. Fire traps aren't THAT bad, if you pay attention you can get through unscathed. They also don't necessarily kill you in one shot as well, just don't auto attack grates. Please. Also, I wouldn't waste my gold on elixirs at such a low level.

Mothwing
04-08-2011, 10:56 PM
Lol who said i play everyday....i only did that because i was excited to get to 50...anybody would now i wasnt sure about the forest and dark lvls so ty. I was also talking about the total quests in forest haven not just one lol...im not that stupid.

Sigkill
04-08-2011, 10:57 PM
I liked leveling in Hideout and Stronghold. The first mob in Catacombs often kills me. People may use elixirs if they wish, but they are responsible for their lives and utilization of them. Fire traps aren't THAT bad, if you pay attention you can get through unscathed. They also don't necessarily kill you in one shot as well, just don't auto attack grates. Please. Also, I wouldn't waste my gold on elixirs at such a low level.

Check your inbox

EpuYue
04-08-2011, 11:00 PM
The amount of time needed to get to a certain level varies with individual.. and no 'anybody' wouldn't know if you're sure about forest or whatever else. If you want to write a guide you have to get your facts right first or you might confuse people.. especially new players who do not know what you wrote is accurate or not.

Haikus
04-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Where will said new player, acquire so much money for said elixirs? Questing does not give you that much gold.

Elixirs are not meant for low levels, in all honesty. I mean really. You just start enjoying/learning how to play the game at these beginning levels. The new player may not even know where the plat shop is...

Otukura
04-08-2011, 11:05 PM
Lol who said i play everyday....i only did that because i was excited to get to 50...anybody would now i wasnt sure about the forest and dark lvls so ty. I was also talking about the total quests in forest haven not just one lol...im not that stupid.

One would only give you 50-100 gold... You wouldn't get more than 2.5k from quests...
EDIT:

Questing does not give you that much gold.

Thank you.

DawnInfinity
04-08-2011, 11:12 PM
When I started (back in June), I had no idea about elixirs. I made barely enough to buy my pots and purp/pink gear. Of course there weren't quests then, but to use the 6k pot at that level is nearly pointless. (much less any exp pot)

Lesrider
04-09-2011, 04:39 AM
Yeah I never even considered using an xp elixir until like lvl 47/8, and I still have hardly used any. I wouldn't recommend it to people starting out. The most fun is in the beginning when everything's new and you don't know that you're supposed to strive for pink gear. Ah I kinda miss those days when it was ok to just kill things, wear what you loot and not care about equipment or gold.