PDA

View Full Version : How do you lvl up fast?

clonefoursix
04-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Does anyone know hOw I can lvl up faster? I'm a level 27 and have a lot of weapons that are over my lvl (lvl 30, 55 etc.) and I was wondering if there is any ways I can lvl up faster.

-clonefoursix

Srry if this isn't in the right forum category I'm new here.

Ellyidol
04-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Welcome, first of all.

This post would belong here, http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?12-New-Players

But like you said, you're new. :)

A good way to level-up faster is by going to the next campaign intended for your level range. Since the higher level you are, the less XP per mob you get from your current campaign, the best thing to get more XP per mob is by moving on to the next campaign.

Level 27, I would assume you just finished Fathom Crypts and should be moving on to Lost Expedition. You'll know its time to move on because you will have a ! blinking on your screen telling you that you no longer receive experience from your current dungeon. This can also be seen from the coloured circle beside mobs names, the order goes :

Red Circle = Highest XP
Yellow
White
Green (confirm on this?)
Blue
Gray = No XP

:)

Parasyte
04-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Ya this is kinda the wrong category but ill answer anyway. There really isnt much you can do except get a party of friends or solo if you would like and just quest and kill things. I suggest playing thru the game for your first char.

Plasticuproject
04-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Play a lot. Kill a lot of mobs. Use some xp pots if you have the cash and that's your thing. Oh did I mention PLAY!

clonefoursix
04-09-2011, 07:10 AM
Actually I have 13/14 on fathom crypts and finished the lost expedition (14/14) so what next? I unlocked alien oasis and the swamp campaign.

Tempest
04-09-2011, 08:23 AM
4 lv 56s with good equips all using 2x dmg pot
you using 3x xp pot and running through CTK ASAP.

Jk don't use this idea

Kalielle
04-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Also use the Join Game screen to choose your games rather than just running through a magic portal or going through the quest tab. Use the filter to narrow it down to the area you're playing - for example type "swamp" for swamps. Then choose groups that have as many party members as possible and that show a "level" equal or greater than yours - that number is the level of the highest member in the group.

That being said, if you join games created by people way above your level, they may boot you because they were trying to farm with people their own level. Nothing to worry about, just be prepared and don't take it personally. Join public games if you have trouble getting booted - those are the ones where the game name is listed as the name of the map, as opposed to "[player name]'s game".

Don't abuse this to join games in campaigns much higher than your level though. You're not gonna gain any more XP, as Elly pointed out, and the other players aren't going to be happy to see you, or help you with rezzes and the like. For a level 27 warrior I think both Swamps and Alien Oasis 1 are fair game, and perhaps even Alien Oasis 2 provided you can tank really well, know how to spam health pots, know how to group mobs and gather them against a wall and keep them away from your party, and have at least 4-5 points in taunt and beckon so as to not be useless to your group. (I know some forum members will disagree with me on this - but have you actually tried playing those maps lately? Ever since the rebalance a lot of maps are ridiculously easy. I tanked Swamps with a level 15... it's kind of sad to see what those maps have become but there it is.)

Anyways, your job as tank is to keep yourself and your other party members alive, so if you see yourself or them dying too much (and they're not bringing it upon themselves by running ahead of you), it's time to move to a lower level campaign.

krullnan
04-10-2011, 09:44 PM
go to swamps you will prolly get booted at alien oasis a lot. lol best way to level up is not being on the forums and playing the game lol =p
but you can get "elixirs" to increase the xp you get per kill

clonefoursix
04-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Thnx guys, quick update:
Lvl: 31 thnx for all the tips, actually all I play now are the alien oasis so I get a TON of xp! Thanks for the tips!

Fatpigwarrior
04-11-2011, 05:58 PM
another solution is become an addict like us level 55's ;)

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-11-2011, 06:02 PM
if you need help i usually dont mind helping people as long as im a with a fun group :)

lilbyrdie
04-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Phew... AO in the low 30s? The seems mighty early. You'll get bored fast.

Finishing all the swamp quests too me a while. Skellers revenge is nice for a change around that level, too.

For leveling faster -- within the appropriate range campaigns -- the best is to get a full group of 5. Someone confirmed this gives a 25% XP bonus. What I've noticed is the "color dot" on the mobs goes up a notch. So, if I'm in an area with Yellows and a fifth joins, it soon switches up to Red.

Since this is in the bear category, I assume you're playing as a bear/warrior. From playing all three, my bear has been the slowest to level simply due to the fact "he" does the lowest damage of the three at any given level (pure str bear). This makes leveling much slower in terms of wall-time when going solo. However, in terms of number of runs and survival rate, my bear is doing just fine in comparison. He's a tank. Tanks are slow. :)

krullnan
04-14-2011, 04:00 PM
i just realized youre on my friends list hahah

SUPAPRODIGY
04-14-2011, 04:39 PM
just use your elixirs u click on the gray coins and go to elixirs and click powers levelers and buy which ever u want and always have a strong party does know how to play so u wont die and u just keep repeting till u reach the max level for that dungeon.. ;)

Gavin
04-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Know what the lowest level req. is for the high level zones
IF you play smart you shouldnt have a problem killing 25-30 zone monsters at level 18 :D

clonefoursix
04-26-2011, 08:19 AM
Well Im now a lvl 43 :) thnx for all the tips once again.

neko
04-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Well Im now a lvl 43 :) thnx for all the tips once again.

Congrats with leveling up so quickly! In the end, you level fast by playing a lot. Elixirs help, but it really comes down to just bashing away at the game. With a good group (technical-skillwise and/or just a barrel of laughs) hours can go by really quickly as you rack up those XP. See you out there!