PDA

View Full Version : Obnoxious booting?

Zeus
04-09-2011, 01:48 AM
So, I have been leveling to 56 lately. Been in good groups. I have noticed some obnoxious booting however, even while potted. (Draiinbamage). When I get invited to games such as his, he purposely boots me. Even gave me the reason "Lol". In multiple instances the game had slots available with nobody joining. He just booted solely for his entertainment, regardless if I was potted or not. Now, on most occasions, I'd just ignore him and move on, but he farms with friends I like to farm with as well, thus ruining my playing experience for no reason. Anyways, just wanted to get that out there.

/ends vent.

Necrobane
04-09-2011, 01:51 AM
Had similar experiences with him, not cool.

Physiologic
04-09-2011, 01:53 AM
You can just report/e-mail that - that's definitely a bannable offense (as seen in the past).

Zeus
04-09-2011, 01:56 AM
You can just report/e-mail that - that's definitely a bannable offense (as seen in the past).

Good to know, I wasn't sure if it was allowed or not. Thanks Physio!

EDIT: It's not like he boots because they are full. That isn't the case, when the run has started and I'm already potted, that's when he boots. I always make sure the run is empty as well.

Fatpigwarrior
04-09-2011, 01:56 AM
i was booted: reason:....... coz i said fail when they killed bins when they respawned at cockroach

skavenger216
04-09-2011, 02:04 AM
Draiinbamage has booted me in the past too, with the reason "lol"

when I join games I wait until the group starts going to pot, just to be safe. I swear sometimes it seems like he boots me just for potting, lmao

on the other end, I've ran with him before and had some great runs, so whatever. some ppl are just douches

davidis57
04-09-2011, 02:08 AM
I would just remove him from your friends list. When he has no one to play with from all the booting maybe he will think better of it.

Zeus
04-09-2011, 02:09 AM
I would just remove him from your friends list. When he has no one to play with from all the booting maybe he will think better it.

He isn't on my friends list. However, the people that play with him are. They are good friends, so it's not like something I can really avoid :/.

Ellyidol
04-09-2011, 02:19 AM
From what I know, it's definitely bannable, so with enough reports and evidence he should get banned.

The only reason I boot when someone potted is that they pot to avoid being booted (like it's full or they're very inappropriate level'd), which I stand by.

I'm 100% sure you wait the right amount of time and response though, so it's not like you prematurely pot :)

j46g629h
04-09-2011, 02:20 AM

booting people with that kind of reason is bannable?

so I can report trueplayer and he will be banned?

Physiologic
04-09-2011, 02:23 AM

One would need sufficient proof that a certain player is indeed a griefer in that regard. I only say this because a certain forumer admitted to griefing players in this manner, and he got banned shortly after. If the devs do have sufficient proof they may ban him/her, or if they don't, they may "flag" them instead (a term I heard them use before).

Griefing players is a form of harassment which is against the ToS.

Ellyidol
04-09-2011, 02:27 AM

Booting with a valid reason isn't bannable, that's what it's there for.

It's more of "ruining the playing experience of others".

Booting for no valid reason and especially when you allow them to pot, falls under "ruining the experience of others", IMO.

Much like playing all the way to the boss, bringing it really low, and booting everyone after.

j46g629h
04-09-2011, 02:28 AM
I believe many players were booted by trueplayer with reason like n, p, a or something

wouldn't it be sufficient reason?

Ellyidol
04-09-2011, 02:31 AM
I believe many players were booted by trueplayer with reason like n, p, a or something

wouldn't it be sufficient reason?

To us it could be those letters, but maybe he's full, or he just doesn't want to play with you. Nothing really we can do there other than remembering the name and avoiding them too.

Now if he allows you to play, reach the boss, almost kill it, and he boots you, then it isn't valid anymore, again IMO.

Physiologic
04-09-2011, 02:35 AM
Yeah, there is a very thin line between what the devs may consider bannable and what is considered fair play. I don't know how the devs can see everything on their side but hopefully there is some way of distinguishing between the two. On the player side, all we can do is report what we see.

Beanmachine
04-09-2011, 02:40 AM
I try to give reasons to lower lvs like "low" for short and if its reallly despicable i just use any letter i see first or if i have to pot fast but my team has already started the run

Once this noob was being power leveled and my twink joined, asked to stay, no response and besides host was power lvling also so i thought it was ok.
After i pot, go to where they r on the map, his friends says boot and this noob boots me even though he was power lvling also.

Sky../
04-09-2011, 04:35 AM
I've played with him a few times recently. Never had this problem. His games are usually fun (talking, no all silent and serious). I have seen him boot people, but everytime he does, one of his friends he regularly plays with always joins. So in that sense, i've ony seen him boot to let his friends in.

Slush
04-09-2011, 04:59 AM
trueplayer is the worst booter in game, i really dont understand why he hasnt been banned yet.

Lesrider
04-09-2011, 05:06 AM
Range, does he know that your friends are his friends? If you still want to play in his games, maybe ask your friends to tell him not to boot you?

I've had the experience a couple of times where a friend invited me either without telling the host or the host decided not to care, who knows -- but I joined and got booted. So could be a word from your friends would help, but might also make no difference.

Lesrider
04-09-2011, 05:09 AM
trueplayer is the worst booter in game, i really dont understand why he hasnt been banned yet.

Booting alone is not a crime. Everyone boots. It's there for a reason. It's when people abuse it and turn it into a way to get their kicks (ie. Waiting till the person's potted, inviting just to boot, etc.) that it becomes a problem.

Anabariez
04-09-2011, 06:48 AM
Ya booting has gotten a little ridiculous lately. I've temporarily stopped playing (currently) because of this. Many people boot when you get to the boss in BS maps to let friends join to get the spoils. Has happened to me more than 15 times in one day. Normally I wouldn't be mad but to do all the work and not get anything for said hard work kind of gets on my nerves. Every player that has done this has been reported.

azulflame
04-09-2011, 09:15 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I have a line or two on my booting rules (put in politely) I put them in whenever I join a game, and ususally the host agrees:

not potted players can be booted (pm: unless they pot to avoid boots)
message them first, and ask them to leave, let them know ahead of time (messages preferable, but if there is multiple, just put the reason in chat AND in the boot reason.)
only boot if there is another player waiting to get in/just got invited

probably the most abnoxous thing ever: my friend (RL) let me play on his account (neither of us are banned), and I didn't ask/beg him. he said he didn't know how to play the class perfectly, and wanted help. i was a 36/37 at the time. We joined a random AO3 game, and were going strong. we had switched chars, he needed to get the feel of it, and he cares about his k/d, I don't [care about MY k/d. I care about others, but I don't really care on my mage]. we were going strong, but when we got to the keeper, I was booted (playing the 54 mage), while my friend wasn't (playing a 37 mage [I leveled up mid-way]) can someone explain why that would happen?

LADYHADASSA
04-09-2011, 09:30 AM
In this case i would report as well after many boots for just the fun of it....

Proper game manners: When joining a room ask if there is space somtimes a room looks empty but a farming or lvl crew just has not yet joined... Never join a room and pot immediatley without asking... Another manner if people join a room that is full and players are just standing there do not just run into the map for those who may be on a quick break or teams that gather mob this is a sure way of getting booted....

LADYHADASSA
04-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Ya booting has gotten a little ridiculous lately. I've temporarily stopped playing (currently) because of this. Many people boot when you get to the boss in BS maps to let friends join to get the spoils. Has happened to me more than 15 times in one day. Normally I wouldn't be mad but to do all the work and not get anything for said hard work kind of gets on my nerves. Every player that has done this has been reported.

An idea begin to make your own maps and have others join you, this is a shady type of play, i can not blame you for being upset.. I have booted people with an im sorry, when they enter a map whilenwe are in with the boss as you said all the work, and money spent on pots and elixers, to have somone join while a crew is in boss.. And get the drop ( this has happened to me many times) frusturates players. But booting an active team member at the boss to invite others in for drop potential.. Sigh that is unfair.

Echelong
04-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Man Parth that really sucks. Just report him and maybe enough people will report him to get banned or at least get a warning, maybe then he will learn his lesson and grow up.

I am leveling my bird to 56 thats why I haven't been on my mage so add me GNRZ I gave up on pugs a while ago and mostly farm with friends, so they are good groups that do runs in less than 5 min, unless its stronghold without damage pots that can take the 5 min depending on the group composition.

PS thanks for the heads up on that guy I will keep an eye if I join one of his groups.

Asgaut
04-09-2011, 10:25 AM
This thread has me sort of confused. I've not had any issues with being booted, in fact I can't say I've ever been booted before. But when I create games, I'm always booting low levels trying to leech experience. Sometimes I give no excuse because in the heat of combat, I don't have time and I can only assume they already know why. But also, they pot pretty quick sometimes and I can't help that. I mean, if booting a level 1 that potted is a crime, then what if my entire group ups and leaves the game after they pot? are we ruining their experience because we all left a game where someone has potted? where does it end?. At any rate, if someone wrongs you with an untimely boot, just blacklist them and don't play with em anymore. I have the benefit of a great friends' list but I'm definetly not in love with anyone enough to have to play with them.

Interesting thread to say the least.

Lesrider
04-09-2011, 10:37 AM
This thread has me sort of confused. I've not had any issues with being booted, in fact I can't say I've ever been booted before. But when I create games, I'm always booting low levels trying to leech experience. Sometimes I give no excuse because in the heat of combat, I don't have time and I can only assume they already know why. But also, they pot pretty quick sometimes and I can't help that. I mean, if booting a level 1 that potted is a crime, then what if my entire group ups and leaves the game after they pot? are we ruining their experience because we all left a game where someone has potted? where does it end?. At any rate, if someone wrongs you with an untimely boot, just blacklist them and don't play with em anymore. I have the benefit of a great friends' list but I'm definetly not in love with anyone enough to have to play with them.

Interesting thread to say the least.

That's not the kind of booting we're talking about here. If you're being a jerk when you boot, you would know it. Booting simply because someone is getting in the way of you enjoying your game is not a bad thing. But booting just for your own amusement is.

Redbridge
04-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the heads up on both those players

Proper game manners: When joining a room ask if there is space somtimes a room looks empty but a farming or lvl crew just has not yet joined... Never join a room and pot immediatley without asking... Another manner if people join a room that is full and players are just standing there do not just run into the map for those who may be on a quick break or teams that gather mob this is a sure way of getting booted....

Excellently summarised. Might be an idea to create a list bullet points like these to reduce your risk of being booted. I alway ask if it's ok to join any new team. Also do we have a definitive answer from devs on what types of booting are and are not acceptable?

Ellyidol
04-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Excellently summarised. Might be an idea to create a list bullet points like these to reduce your risk of being booted. I alway ask if it's ok to join any new team. Also do we have a definitive answer from devs on what types of booting are and are not acceptable?

I don't think they can give a pinpoint on the exact reasons which are acceptable/non-acceptable, but really the guideline of "Do NOT ruin the playing experience of others".

I remember reading somewhere, whether it was a dev or just a post, that that guideline was a definite summary of how you should behave.

It's pretty obvious when it becomes valid anyway. I won't lie, I've boot potted people before. Again for the same reason that they use being potted as an excuse to avoid being booted. I've even had players who see me say "Sorry we're full", yet have the nerve to ignore me AND pot up. That gives me a valid excuse to boot, IMO.

In reference to Asgaut's post, leaving a game that others are potted in, instead of booting them, is a better choice, I've done that. I host a game, with at least 2 slots intended for friends, some people join in, pot up, and just go on as if nothing was wrong. Leaving would be beneficial for both groups, for yourself you get to have a new game with your friends, and for them they get to keep their pot on. I would think they wouldn't care who they'd be grouped up with, since they didn't care to assess the group in the first place.

All in all, booting is there for a reason, so it definitely is acceptable to boot. It's when abuse kicks in, much like anything with authority, if abused its never a good thing.

Kalielle
04-09-2011, 11:08 AM
I have mixed feelings about this thread too, and the whole booting being bannable thing - I hope that's reserved for situations when a player is obviously using the function just to harass others.

I agree that what this person did was extremely rude, and I was appalled to hear that booting at boss to make room for friends is becoming that common - last time it happened to me was months ago in a winter map.

But sometimes a host might have a legitimate reason for booting that's not always obvious or explainable. I boot people sometimes whom I just don't want in my game (although not at boss or when potted), either because they're bad players or because I didn't like their behavior in the past for some other reason. I'll boot with reason "..." in these cases, because the alternative would be to offend the person or start a flame war. I figure it's better than giving a reason like: "you can't tank so you're useless to my team" or "don't want you in my games bc you're full of yourself." As host I feel it's my responsibility and right to select the right team based on a variety of factors, including a player's ability and personality.

I also love it when I have to boot someone who won't leave when they're told the group is full, then if the group doesn't get filled instantly, they come back on another alt and say "it wasn't full." It's always on the tip of my tongue to say, "you're right, I just don't like you and I was saying it's full to be diplomatic. Happy now?" (Actually it's almost always truly full, and the missing group member just couldn't join right away.)

Physiologic
04-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Come on fellas, you guys never heard of intentional tort?

Ayrilana
04-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Come on fellas, you guys never heard of intentional tort?

But to prove intent...

FluffNStuff
04-09-2011, 11:26 AM
You can get intentional tort with strawberries and whip cream at IHOP for 3.99.

Petrichor
04-09-2011, 11:39 AM
So, I have been leveling to 56 lately. Been in good groups. I have noticed some obnoxious booting however, even while potted. (Draiinbamage). When I get invited to games such as his, he purposely boots me. Even gave me the reason "Lol". In multiple instances the game had slots available with nobody joining. He just booted solely for his entertainment, regardless if I was potted or not. Now, on most occasions, I'd just ignore him and move on, but he farms with friends I like to farm with as well, thus ruining my playing experience for no reason. Anyways, just wanted to get that out there.

/ends vent.

C'est la façon dont il est. Ne vous inquiétez pas, je vais lui parler si vous voulez. J'ai demandé pourquoi et il m'a dit qu'il voulait duo / trio. Mais, néanmoins, je ferai de lui présenter des excuses, je le promets. Juste parfois que c'est ce qu'il fait. Je ne pense pas qu'il s'est rendu compte il que tu en pot. Je suis tellement désolé pour lui mon jumeau :)

Moogerfooger
04-09-2011, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't sweat it too much, Parth. It is what it is....some people like being ****s in MMO games, logic/nice or not. I discovered the same thing about Trueplayer, so I just stay out of his games. I have no time for clowns, and karma is a youknowwhat. Short of intentional ToS or bannable-seeming behavior, not much you can do other than smile and say to yourself, "At least I am not a **** like that guy" :D

Kindread
04-09-2011, 12:57 PM
I wouldn't sweat it too much, Parth. It is what it is....some people like being ****s in MMO games, logic/nice or not. I discovered the same thing about Trueplayer, so I just stay out of his games. I have no time for clowns, and karma is a youknowwhat. Short of intentional ToS or bannable-seeming behavior, not much you can do other than smile and say to yourself, "At least I am not a **** like that guy" :D

I run with Trueplayer a lot. Actually, if he's running and I'm on, I almost always get an invite. In his defense, he's not trying to be an ***. He's a power farmer. Meaning he wants super fast runs and he's selective about who and what makes up his team on the run. So yeah, I've been there when he's booted like 5-6 people in a row hoping for that last piece to make up his ideal team or keep a fast team together. I agree he could probably do a better job of giving a reason for booting but I also know it isn't anything personal when he boots. He's just all business when he farms. He's like a machine.

Ladylove
04-09-2011, 01:12 PM
You can get intentional tort with strawberries and whip cream at IHOP for 3.99.

Haha yumm whipped cream :)

braluk
04-09-2011, 01:44 PM
How do you report a player in game if you aren't friends with them? Is it done on the website then?

KingFu
04-09-2011, 02:34 PM
How do you report a player in game if you aren't friends with them? Is it done on the website then?

1) Click on the player, and click "Report"

2) Type "/report (name)"

3) Take a screenshot, and send it to support(at)spacetimestudios.com replacing "(at)" with "@". This is mainly for more serious reports, like if someones cussing in town, threatening in any way, or being racist. You don't necessarily need a screenshot, it isn't totally necessary, you just need to know their IGN (in game name)

Hopefully this helped:) Sorry for the slight subject change.

Moogerfooger
04-09-2011, 02:46 PM
I run with Trueplayer a lot. Actually, if he's running and I'm on, I almost always get an invite. In his defense, he's not trying to be an ***. He's a power farmer. Meaning he wants super fast runs and he's selective about who and what makes up his team on the run. So yeah, I've been there when he's booted like 5-6 people in a row hoping for that last piece to make up his ideal team or keep a fast team together. I agree he could probably do a better job of giving a reason for booting but I also know it isn't anything personal when he boots. He's just all business when he farms. He's like a machine.

I don't much care, homie. I run power farming runs sometimes myself focusing on speed and no talking, and I'm never a rude *** like that, I just ask people to leave or boot if they don't. Not to mention the couple times I joined his game they were public/unlocked and not close to full. Not to also mention you learn/meet new players who might be really good along the way to help the runs go even faster, which is how I met most of you that I know here. Although I see the point, horrible way to go about it and has earned a spot on my perma-boot list if he/she ever joins.

Zeus
04-09-2011, 02:52 PM
C'est la façon dont il est. Ne vous inquiétez pas, je vais lui parler si vous voulez. J'ai demandé pourquoi et il m'a dit qu'il voulait duo / trio. Mais, néanmoins, je ferai de lui présenter des excuses, je le promets. Juste parfois que c'est ce qu'il fait. Je ne pense pas qu'il s'est rendu compte il que tu en pot. Je suis tellement désolé pour lui mon jumeau :)

Pas besoin d'. Ne vous inquiétez pas à ce sujet. Je ne veux pas ou besoin d'excuses, je voulais simplement frustrés.

LADYHADASSA
04-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Red.. I will work on a guide for player game mannerisms this seems to be an issue over and again, i start tonight :)

davidis57
04-09-2011, 03:21 PM
I cannot afford elixirs all time. I would rather play without them. To pot and get trash drops from a boss is not my idea of cost efficient play. I have 52k and saving for raid recurve or a drop of one which is like looking for a needle in a haystack. If they want to boot for not potting than I will wait for another group.

Duped
04-09-2011, 03:39 PM
I've been booted from Sewers with my 52 bear for reason: Low level;
Ironically, I can tank in the Sewers very well, but they assumed because I'm level 52 I just came out of CTK runs or something. I also have noticed more obnoxious booting, and I always try to be nice, my goal is to not boot, but I ask them to leave if they need to leave. I also ask if it's ok if I stay in any group I have doubts about before potting up.

Easiest solution is to play with friends or host your own game.

Draiinbamage
04-09-2011, 06:18 PM
This is drain..

The reason why I'm responding to this is, well, because there are two sides to every story... This being said i have a couple points to make..
I play pocket legends to relieve stress or to come home and relax, not to get on and hear several friends /message "hey there's some guy complaining about you" about being booted. I dislike drama.. and stay away from such.

First.. Yes, i did "boot" Apollo... as to why... I find him very obnoxious or irritating whichever you prefer? I booted him about 3 or more times.. and he kept following my games.. I resorted to putting a password on the game i was hosting, but to no avail..
Also, when "booting" I can't say "Sorry for booting you because I have four other friends that I hosted this game for". It is inconvenient not to mention writing this more than 20 times becomes tiresome..
Yes, I did type in "lol" in one of the boots for Apollo. Why? because if after the first three kicks you do not understand that your presence isn't welcome, then either you are doing it to get a kick out of it or you just want to be an irritant..

I have been in games where people kick me out and just type in.. "i" "k" do i report them? no.. Do I make some post? no.. instead what i started doing was hosting. When kicking I do try to at least say, sorry, sry, or something along those lines.. but when you are in a high level room while trying to stay alive v.s typing a long message
I'm sure you can agree abbreviating or at least understand as to why I boot with sry.
(...from what understand.. the password on hosted games will be updated, soon. Because the pass doesn't keep Non friends out? or something along those lines.)

*to those that have claimed they use an experience elixir, I will reimburse if it is truly what you want.

Secondly, When i create i a room, priority is given to my friendslist. I seldom play with people i don't know for the simple reason that.. 1) Some runs fail due to the skill or teamwork some players possess.. 2) I am creating runs for friends so they can get a certain piece of equipment they asked for, or desire..

*Lastly.. maybe a room description would be beneficial not only to host but to players? such as "Friends only" "Private runs, sorry". I don't know if this is the place for suggesting, but, just a thought.

Again.. Sorry for the inconvenience.. but it is a cell phone game.. If you let getting booted from a game get to you.. then I'm sorry, but you have bigger issues to worry about.. :)

WhoIsThis
04-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Speaking in Parth's defense, I can safely say that few people here have ever found Parth to be deliberately rude or obnoxious.

I too have been booted from draiinbramage's games. I at one point was told by drain that his game was "full". Fair enough - although he was rude in that he did not even give me a chance to leave on my own accord. However, what I find strange is that when looking for another game, I saw draiinbramage's game and there were 4 players in it. I did a bank vault run and then found it still at 4.

@draiinbramage

If you don't want me in fine - put a password on the game. And if I do get in, ask me to leave respectfully.

The fact that you have booted several people (with the reason "lol" no less) and seem to think that this is something to take lightly makes me wonder if you care about anyone other than yourself. As I said, lock your games if you want your only your friends. Then you won't get a lot of ticked off people here.

I don't much care, homie. I run power farming runs sometimes myself focusing on speed and no talking, and I'm never a rude *** like that, I just ask people to leave or boot if they don't. Not to mention the couple times I joined his game they were public/unlocked and not close to full. Not to also mention you learn/meet new players who might be really good along the way to help the runs go even faster, which is how I met most of you that I know here. Although I see the point, horrible way to go about it and has earned a spot on my perma-boot list if he/she ever joins.

That is very weird. I have found that Trueplayer often invites me to his games. He tends to be very efficient. He wants to farm and he keeps a list of good players that he likes to farm with. He is aggressive, but not very chatty. He's in it for the pinks - nothing else matters to him it seems. On the other hand, it also means that by joining, you have an equal chance of getting pinks (or maybe not, since he always likes to use lucky elixir). I've found my experiences very similar to that of Morawk - he wants things done and he doesn't want to waste any time explaining.

Zeus
04-09-2011, 07:01 PM
This is drain..

The reason why I'm responding to this is, well, because there are two sides to every story... This being said i have a couple points to make..
I play pocket legends to relieve stress or to come home and relax, not to get on and hear several friends /message "hey there's some guy complaining about you" about being booted. I dislike drama.. and stay away from such.

First.. Yes, i did "boot" Apollo... as to why... I find him very obnoxious or irritating whichever you prefer? I booted him about 3 or more times.. and he kept following my games.. I resorted to putting a password on the game i was hosting, but to no avail..
Also, when "booting" I can't say "Sorry for booting you because I have four other friends that I hosted this game for". It is inconvenient not to mention writing this more than 20 times becomes tiresome..
Yes, I did type in "lol" in one of the boots for Apollo. Why? because if after the first three kicks you do not understand that your presence isn't welcome, then either you are doing it to get a kick out of it or you just want to be an irritant..

I have been in games where people kick me out and just type in.. "i" "k" do i report them? no.. Do I make some post? no.. instead what i started doing was hosting. When kicking I do try to at least say, sorry, sry, or something along those lines.. but when you are in a high level room while trying to stay alive v.s typing a long message
I'm sure you can agree abbreviating or at least understand as to why I boot with sry.
(...from what understand.. the password on hosted games will be updated, soon. Because the pass doesn't keep Non friends out? or something along those lines.)

*to those that have claimed they use an experience elixir, I will reimburse if it is truly what you want.

Secondly, When i create i a room, priority is given to my friendslist. I seldom play with people i don't know for the simple reason that.. 1) Some runs fail due to the skill or teamwork some players possess.. 2) I am creating runs for friends so they can get a certain piece of equipment they asked for, or desire..

*Lastly.. maybe a room description would be beneficial not only to host but to players? such as "Friends only" "Private runs, sorry". I don't know if this is the place for suggesting, but, just a thought.

Again.. Sorry for the inconvenience.. but it is a cell phone game.. If you let getting booted from a game get to you.. then I'm sorry, but you have bigger issues to worry about.. :)

You find me obnoxious? I'm rarely talking in the game. If I am, it's because I'm either answering a question or a friend is talking to me. I kept joining because my friend said it was OK to join. If it is a cell phone game, then you would not be defending yourself, because it gets to you as well.

Each time I had asked if it was OK to join. Yet, was booted. So, something is up. Yes. The developer's can check my chat log for this.

As for the booting with the inadequate message, you and I both know that you never booted me while we were at boss. You booted me before the first mob or after the first mob was done.

The party's I joined were 3 or less in them (with the occasional 4 people, when I had joined) and you guys had started, indicating to me that it was not full. (I even asked to confirm this).

EDIT: Please note, If you want to join my runs, I'm not going to hold a grudge against you. However, booting me like that is downright rude, especially when nobody else in the group had a problem and even invited me to join.

Moogerfooger
04-09-2011, 07:10 PM
That is very weird. I have found that Trueplayer often invites me to his games. He tends to be very efficient. He wants to farm and he keeps a list of good players that he likes to farm with. He is aggressive, but not very chatty. He's in it for the pinks - nothing else matters to him it seems. On the other hand, it also means that by joining, you have an equal chance of getting pinks (or maybe not, since he always likes to use lucky elixir). I've found my experiences very similar to that of Morawk - he wants things done and he doesn't want to waste any time explaining.

Yes, because I have often been accused of being too chatty, being inefficient, dying left and right, etc. Not. If he had bothered to let me (and probably others) hang for a run to see, maybe he would've found another farming bud, instead of not. I am all about efficiency and keeping chatting to a minimum - not only have you been in many a game of mine, but you have also seen me tell people to keep chatting to a min for the sake of efficiency - but I can take 3 secs to say 'full sry' to someone, because I actually want the good players I meet/run across to run again someday.

If they were really that concerned about quality of running partners, why is the game unlocked/not full half of the time?

Funny thing is, is that HE sent me a request at one point after joining one of my games somewhere along the line....did I boot him because I didn't know him? No. He was good. Hence me also wanting to join his games later on, and getting booted instantly.

He lasted about 0.2 secs on friend list after the second time in a few days...no time for friends like that.

Sorry, we will have to agree to disagree on this one. Like Drain mentioned above, it is just a game and we all take it too seriously sometimes, but a** is still a** no matter where/when/why.

WhoIsThis
04-09-2011, 07:14 PM
If they were really that concerned about quality of running partners, why is the game unlocked/not full half of the time?

Funny thing is, is that HE sent me a request at one point after joining one of my games somewhere along the line....did I boot him because I didn't know him? No. He was good. Hence me also wanting to join his games later on, and getting booted instantly.

He lasted about 0.2 secs on friend list after the second time in a few days...no time for friends like that.

I'm guessing that he keeps an internal ranking system to some sort in his mind. He probably boots whenever he sees someone higher on his rank. I suspect that he deliberately keeps his games open to see if there are good players that can prove themselves. For whatever reason, myself and morawk seem to have ranked highly on his "list". Not sure why as you are a better bird than I am a mage. I'm not going to defend what he's doing though - I think that it's best if you avoid his games.

YYZ????
04-09-2011, 07:20 PM
I get booted now and again with no reason. No biggy, find another game. Ran with True last night, fast runs. If he was booting it may have been because he did not want to wreck the good crew we had going. I appreciate this. When you usually only join pug's, finding a fast crew can be difficult. So booting may have ruined someone's experience, it may have enhanced others?

Zeus
04-09-2011, 07:25 PM
One more thing DraiinBamage, when I asked why you booted me originally. You said the reason was that a said person didn't want me to be in the party. (Won't call out the said person). I found this odd, because, said person normally runs together with me and we have a few laughs. His reply was something along the lines; "Oh, it's just a joke Draiinbamage does, don't mind him. It's for entertainment." (Developer's can check the chat logs for this as well). So, you're not only booting for entertainment purposes but attempting to put the blame on others in your party.

Moogerfooger
04-09-2011, 07:36 PM
I get booted now and again with no reason. No biggy, find another game. Ran with True last night, fast runs. If he was booting it may have been because he did not want to wreck the good crew we had going. I appreciate this. When you usually only join pug's, finding a fast crew can be difficult. So booting may have ruined someone's experience, it may have enhanced others?

Trust me, I did find another game, one without someone I consider a tool in it :D

You forget that I mentioned he had joined games of mine in the past a few times, and sent me a friend request...so apparently I did well enough "in his mind" to warrant that. Booting someone who let you run in their games in the past and that you sent a friend request to at one point a while ago is a ClownPants McGee move that earned deletion and a perma-boot. Period (in my mind).

Not to mention, the coupla games I joined were not full and partially already in progress. Seeing someone else come in at 56, generally speaking is not going to make a party worse. But your point is valid on that, even if I disagree a bit with it overall.

And on that note, this thread is getting too catty (myself as well) and too serious, so on that note I leave you all with this....I wonder if he scored :D

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j450/Moogerfooger71/729496575_l.jpg

Zeus
04-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Trust me, I did find another game, one without someone I consider a tool in it :D

You forget that I mentioned he had joined games of mine in the past a few times, and sent me a friend request...so apparently I did well enough "in his mind" to warrant that. Too boot someone who let you run in their games in the past and that you sent a friend request to at one point a while ago is a ClownPants McGee move that earned deletion and a perma-boot. Period (in my mind).

Not to mention, the coupla games I joined were not full and partially already in progress. Seeing someone else come in at 56, generally speaking is not going to make a party worse. But your point is valid on that, even if I disagree a bit with it overall.

And on that note, this thread is getting too catty (myself as well) and too serious, so on that note I leave you all with this....I wonder if he scored :D

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j450/Moogerfooger71/729496575_l.jpg

LOL! Love the picture. Made me crack up :D. I believe a topic change is indeed needed :D. Actually, now that I think of it. Oh my god, that elbow looks awfully close to the pelvic area. I hope he is wearing a cup....

Ladylove
04-09-2011, 07:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liq_wYFkMoU

Zeus
04-09-2011, 07:42 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/liq_wYFkMoU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You messed up the link :D.

Ladylove
04-09-2011, 07:43 PM
You messed up the link :D.

I still don't know how to post videos... I was experimenting... just fixed it

Zeus
04-09-2011, 07:44 PM
I still don't know how to post videos... I was experimenting... just fixed it

Lol, I like this too :D.

+2 Chivalry Points.

Ladylove
04-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Lol, I like this too :D.

+2 Chivalry Points.

Care to tell me how to post one? :)

Thanks hehe

Zeus
04-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Care to tell me how to post one? :)

Thanks hehe

Click the film roll icon on your post bar that shows the Fonts, Italicized, Bold, Underline, etc. Just paste the youtube or video link in that. It will create an embedded video for you.

Ladylove
04-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Click the film roll icon on your post bar that shows the Fonts, Italicized, Bold, Underline, etc. Just paste the youtube or video link in that. It will create an embedded video for you.

Yayyyy it worked lol. I was just doing video and /video in brackets before and after.

WhoIsThis
04-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Or this one for Parth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGi8AhWvpTI

Zeus
04-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Or this one for Parth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGi8AhWvpTI

LMAO, I LIKE THIS! +10 Chivalry Points :D.

Kindread
04-09-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm guessing that he keeps an internal ranking system to some sort in his mind. He probably boots whenever he sees someone higher on his rank. I suspect that he deliberately keeps his games open to see if there are good players that can prove themselves. For whatever reason, myself and morawk seem to have ranked highly on his "list". Not sure why as you are a better bird than I am a mage. I'm not going to defend what he's doing though - I think that it's best if you avoid his games.

I'm dead sexy that's why.

modredd
04-10-2011, 01:25 AM
As someone who's been accused of being a booting nazi I can say that when you host a game It is essentially your game to control And the players in the game either abide by your rules or they don't, now mind you your rules cannot supercede the terms of service.
but I never once booted somebody and told them off, which has been done to me.
I've never booted somebody out of room because they didn't pay me money, But that' been done to me!
I would never boot as a boss is about to drop loot, but that's been done to me!
What I don't do is come on here and whine and complain, stay away from these horrible people, irregardless of if you think I belong on that list is a moot point.My detractors just seem to have a louder voice but I know im liked by a lot of people!
And I don't condone these immature booting reasons,making fun of and patronizing, but some of you go out of your way to create a smear campaign that is unjust and uncalled for!
booting will always be a part of the game until the Devs clear up what constitutes ligitimate booting as opposed to flagrant misuse and abusing of the option.
These two people you mention don't sound very nice and some might say the same about me.
It is a game not to be taken seriously, let's keep things in perspective this game is not the end all be all of your existence.
And I've learned by upsetting a select few popular people you can become ostracized and black balled which I don't think is any nicer than booting somebody, I think it's worse!
I went from level 55 to 56 never joining someone else's game, I hosted everyone and I watched a lot of people win some valuable items and I congratulated every single person.
but as in life choose your friends wisely and associate with people of like maturity,values and gamesmanship.

braluk
04-10-2011, 01:34 AM
Let it go bro...let it go

Moogerfooger
04-10-2011, 01:35 AM
As someone who's been accused of being a booting nazi I can say that when you host a game It is essentially your game to control And the players in the game either abide by your rules or they don't, now mind you your rules cannot supercede the terms of service.
but I never once booted somebody and told them off, which has been done to me.
I've never booted somebody out of room because they didn't pay me money, But that' been done to me!
I would never boot as a boss is about to drop loot, but that's been done to me!
What I don't do is come on here and whine and complain, stay away from these horrible people, irregardless of if you think I belong on that list is a moot point.My detractors just seem to have a louder voice but I know im liked by a lot of people!
And I don't condone these immature booting reasons,making fun of and patronizing, but some of you go out of your way to create a smear campaign that is unjust and uncalled for!
booting will always be a part of the game until the Devs clear up what constitutes ligitimate booting as opposed to flagrant misuse and abusing of the option.
These two people you mention don't sound very nice and some might say the same about me.
It is a game not to be taken seriously, let's keep things in perspective this game is not the end all be all of your existence.
And I've learned by upsetting a select few popular people you can become ostracized and black balled which I don't think is any nicer than booting somebody, I think it's worse!
I went from level 55 to 56 never joining someone else's game, I hosted everyone and I watched a lot of people win some valuable items and I congratulated every single person.
but as in life choose your friends wisely and associate with people of like maturity,values and gamesmanship.

Seriously dude....this wasn't about you at all. Everyone had let the other threads go...why bring it up again in regards to yourself?

Otukura
04-10-2011, 02:00 AM
I just got booted for reason "noisy" after commenting on how slow killing the k and q were with 4 images and 1 bear... he waited until they were almost done.... aikecero has been put on my blacklist ...

Ayrilana
04-10-2011, 02:07 AM
Just drop it. PLEASE! We've had two threads about you already. Please don't turn this one into about you too.

Slush
04-10-2011, 02:26 AM

Yayyyy it worked lol. I was just doing video and /video in brackets before and after.

hahaha that made my day

modredd
04-10-2011, 11:15 AM
It's funny you all started something then when you opened a can of worms you want me to shut up and be quiet.
I'm well aware of the two malicious threads that were running about me concurrently and my point wasn't to make this one about me.
In regards to moving on why dont you just accept that booting happens and take your own advice!
This site doesn't seem to be about communication because no one listens, They are too busy trying to get their point across or be right
And I have let it go but I'm also entitled to speak here so please refrain from telling me what I can and cannot do please.
Just get back to the game have fun and it is what you make of it. ;)

modredd
04-10-2011, 11:20 AM
And all the attention and slander and I got was not warranted nor was it appreciated.
It made me feel really bad And I've been with this game for a long time.
I'm not level 56 with 7000 kills, I have more like 35,000.
So I consider myself an experienced player and not a newbie So consider it dropped.
You don't have to like me but you have no reason not to respect me Because I might've booted 20 to 30 people in 3-400 games.
I don't even know how many games I played to get from level 55 to 56, it sure seemed like a lot,lol

Ellyidol
04-10-2011, 11:24 AM
It's funny you all started something then when you opened a can of worms you want me to shut up and be quiet.
I'm well aware of the two malicious threads that were running about me concurrently and my point wasn't to make this one about me.
In regards to moving on why dont you just accept that booting happens and take your own advice!
This site doesn't seem to be about communication because no one listens, They are too busy trying to get their point across or be right
And I have let it go but I'm also entitled to speak here so please refrain from telling me what I can and cannot do please.
Just get back to the game have fun and it is what you make of it. ;)

We did let it go.

Search this thread for one post with your name on it before yours, I don't seem to find one.

Yes, I agree, booting is part of the game, no issue on that. The main concern of the thread is the behavior on booting, and not it's existence. Behavior is something that should be carried with responsibility and not abused.

Chatting is in the game, should we question why it's there? No. But can we question of the behavior used in chatting? Yes. Same case here.

modredd
04-10-2011, 11:40 AM
I don't want to comment because it's not like I'm the leader of the booting regime.
And I was told not to make this about me, I just don't like seeing peoples names mentioned without them being aware.
I found out because I had a stranger come up to me and tell me I was the laughing stock of the forums, I don't compare myself to the two people mentioned above because it sounds like they are being immature and spiteful.
The correlation I have is being talked about behind your back. If you have an issue confront the person directly in the game.
That's really all I have to say on the matter, I have "moved" on.
I have too many amazing things in my life to be thankful for.
As I have gone through my cancer treatments and radiation Pocket legends has been an amazing escape and might have saved my life, That's why am very passionate about my views and how people represent me when they do not know me!

Ellyidol
04-10-2011, 11:52 AM
I don't want to comment because it's not like I'm the leader of the booting regime.
And I was told not to make this about me, I just don't like seeing peoples names mentioned without them being aware.
I found out because I had a stranger come up to me and tell me I was the laughing stock of the forums, I don't compare myself to the two people mentioned above because it sounds like they are being immature and spiteful.
The correlation I have is being talked about behind your back. If you have an issue confront the person directly in the game.
That's really all I have to say on the matter, I have "moved" on.
I have too many amazing things in my life to be thankful for.
As I have gone through my cancer treatments and radiation Pocket legends has been an amazing escape and might have saved my life, That's why am very passionate about my views and how people represent me when they do not know me!

I don't think there's much we can do on talking behind people's back, since the awareness of the forum or the choice of joining it is theirs, but that's an entirely different topic.

I think I can say for the forumers that we have quite a close community, hence the sharing and informing of such people. It wouldn't differ from any other sort of public/private community, you see something other people should know about, you let them know.

If there is definitely something wrong or something violated with threads like these, I'm sure the devs would have done something about it already, as much as I'm sure that they've read this thread top to bottom.

But let's leave it at that, it's nice to hear PL does more for you than just a game that you play. :)

Jinlac
04-10-2011, 11:56 AM
I agree, take it easy and relax... everyone here seems to care a lil too much, even you modredd ;)

modredd
04-10-2011, 12:02 PM
I've let it go but thank you for being one of the nicer people who has ever spoken to me here.

modredd
04-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Now that I've found this forum I would like to be part of this community but it's like the doors been closed and people have made their minds up.Its like I made the wrong people mad and it feels like a click more than a forum for players to come too!
On facebook they told all 36,000 of us to come over here and be a part of it, This is a forum for all players
not just the haters and the Guardians of whatever.
I was playing this game when it was Beta.

Zeus
04-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Now that I've found this forum I would like to be part of this community but it's like the doors been closed and people have made their minds up.Its like I made the wrong people mad and it feels like a click more than a forum for players to come too!
On facebook they told all 36,000 of us to come over here and be a part of it, This is a forum for all players

No worries, always a chance to be welcome in the community. :).

modredd
04-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Thank you. :o

Zeus
04-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Thank you. :o

Not sure if it was direct towards me, but if it was, thank you :).

Jinlac
04-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Yea, welcome to the froum ^.^! (at least as long as you don't kick me for wearing big luck..) :rolleyes:

modredd
04-10-2011, 12:44 PM
I make no promises,lol
And it's funny I stopped booting Because of that and every pink in my games the last 8 times in a row went to a character wearing one. I'll just be broke forever.
EVERY TIME! please I understand I don't need the mathematics or the fundamentals of how it works.
It's just quincidently annoying. ;-)

Redbridge
04-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Welcome to the forums modredd.

Luck is often coincidentally annoying..... I agree. It seems everyone else seems to get it.... and i wear those damn green things...

Glad this all seems to have been put to one side at last....

Laviticus
04-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Draiiinbamage and Trueplayer huh? Lol yep I'm not surprised. I too have been booted by these two multiple times. Each time I was invited by a friend just to see these guys boot me for no reason. I completely understand all the rants. Like many here have already said: Some people are just jerks!

Kindread
04-10-2011, 07:29 PM

I'm all for second chances. Just make sure you don't ever fire off a comment like that "flaming" comment from your last thread. It was the single most idiotic post I've ever seen on these boards it really rubbed me the wrong way. Well, let the past be past and welcome to the forums.