PDA

View Full Version : Can I just buy the LV 50~55 dungeon?

catccaatt
04-09-2011, 02:46 AM
Can I just buy the LV 50~55 dungeon after lv.18? And then upgrade my levels there in group.

Any suggestions for which town is most recommended to buy?

Thanks.

j46g629h
04-09-2011, 02:55 AM
I think you can but I doubt that any team will allow you to stay with them :(

Ellyidol
04-09-2011, 03:03 AM
You can, but it is not advisable to. NOT AT ALL.

If you want to be decent with your character (whether your a bird/mage/bear), you NEED to play it through the levels and not be power-levelled. Playing from 1-55 properly allows you to understand your character more, as well as the game more.

icantgetkills
04-09-2011, 03:29 AM
i would advise getting balefort castle leveling until 23 then skipping fathorn crypt (if your trying to spend least plat) and go to lost expidition then buy swamps,ao2-3 (skip 1) and balefort sewers this is only if your trying to spend less money if not buy all campaigns and enjoy them all!

KingFu
04-09-2011, 03:40 AM
You CAN, but I strongly advise you not to.

You can search, and you'll find out, power leveling is not wanted. There is nothing gained from it.

Pros:

You level up fast

Cons:

You skip A LOT of content
Get little kills
Lots of deaths
Lots of boots
You don't learn your character

I can go on and on. Just don't power level. Level normally and PLAY the GAME. As my wise friend snakespeare said, you wont enjoy being at the level cap, if you don't enjoy leveling. I have leveled one of each class, and know each class well enough to play them, and even still, I get more enjoyment out of my twinks if I level them normally versus power leveling. If I power level them, I lose interest, and get bored faster with them as opposed to if I leveled them normally.

I can honestly post a three thousand word essay on why not to power level, but if I list the pros and cons, and you still want to power level, it wouldn't make much of a difference if I did. Just take my word for it, and don't power level, it's a long journey, but you're only level 18, and you have a lot to learn that you won't if you power level:)

kopi
04-09-2011, 08:26 AM
You wont lv up fast in Balefort sewer. Becuz you will have a hard time finding games to join in. Nobody is going to allow you in their game and even you host yr own, i doubt there will be any high lv joining. The most would be some 20s-30s or 40s, but it would not do you any good becuz these lvs arent strong enough to clear and lv. If you spent a day trying to get a decent game in Bs, that day if you spent it in maps equal to your lv, you would lv up faster.

If i am not mistaken, so long as the threat lv on mobs are red, you get 3xp no matter which map ur in. PL works differently from other mmorpg

Duped
04-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Agreed. Get Balefort Castle, and if you wanna skip something, I'd say skip Skeller Krunch and Fathoms, but really, the levels are fantastic, and you're player will be much better off if you play through them.

lilbyrdie
04-09-2011, 04:39 PM
The whole point is to enjoy the game. If you don't have much plat to spend, enjoy the low levels and create the second free character and enjoy them again. In the meantime, you can save up play through tapjoy or save up hard earned cash and buy some plat after a while. Finishing all the quests with several characters takes time and is enjoyable.

I still haven't plunked down my plat on BS as I haven't finished the AO3 quests yet. (I won't wait to finish Frozen Nightmares, though.) That's probably an extreme in the other direction, but I'm still enjoying the AO3 quests... (though not the grinding).

braluk
04-10-2011, 03:21 AM
It'll actually take you longer to level since noone will stay in your group