PDA

View Full Version : bows vs daggers, and other questions?

carmine_blade
05-12-2015, 02:54 PM
Hello fellow rogues! As above, do y'all prefer myth bow or daggers? I realise it probably comes down to personal preference, I'm just interested in hearing what you prefer and why :) I had daggers but sold them and got a bow, and I can't make my mind up. I like the ranged attack of bow given the expansion will be hard, but I like the stats and proc of the daggers. Decisions, decisions..

Also, is it worth buying planar pendant recipe at this late stage in the season, bearing in mind I'll still need the essences to craft it? I don't have much gold at the minute (although hopefully Goblin event will change that, as will next plat sale) is all. I'm currently using perfect dex Fang. I've also been running arena in the hopes of looting it myself but no joy so far ;) What actually are the pendant stats? Should I try and trade my bow for daggers and recipe?

Finally, is Breeze a good investment for a PVE rogue? Currently Crawly and Ethyl are pretty much the only pets I have that seriously affect mobs movement as their AA, and I don't often use them cos of their bad stats (LnL, Grimm, Gyrm and Blinky are the main pets in my rotation). I don't use traps so pets are pretty much my only option for crowd control (and I solo quite a lot).

TYIA!

Tatman
05-12-2015, 04:17 PM
I have been using bows since I started playing this game. Changed to magma daggers for a while, this was probably 6 months ago, but couldn't get used to them.

Planar pendant: Yes, in my opinion it is never too late to craft the pendant. Recipes are dropping left and right now, so either run till you loot, or buy - it should be cheap at the moment. Main plus of the pendant is the fact that you get a ton of health. I was using perfect fang too. Compared to it, my full eye pendant adds ~700 hp and ~300 mana; damage gain isn't that big. But the decision is up to you, of course. :)

Breeze: Yes, a very good investment for pve. I even prefer Breeze to Maridos in some situations. :)

carmine_blade
05-12-2015, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the response Tatman :) that additional health will sure come in handy, so I reckon I will run arena til my fingers bleed lol and buy Breeze.

Candylicks
05-13-2015, 10:55 AM
Hello fellow rogues! As above, do y'all prefer myth bow or daggers? I realise it probably comes down to personal preference, I'm just interested in hearing what you prefer and why :) I had daggers but sold them and got a bow, and I can't make my mind up. I like the ranged attack of bow given the expansion will be hard, but I like the stats and proc of the daggers. Decisions, decisions..

Also, is it worth buying planar pendant recipe at this late stage in the season, bearing in mind I'll still need the essences to craft it? I don't have much gold at the minute (although hopefully Goblin event will change that, as will next plat sale) is all. I'm currently using perfect dex Fang. I've also been running arena in the hopes of looting it myself but no joy so far ;) What actually are the pendant stats? Should I try and trade my bow for daggers and recipe?

Finally, is Breeze a good investment for a PVE rogue? Currently Crawly and Ethyl are pretty much the only pets I have that seriously affect mobs movement as their AA, and I don't often use them cos of their bad stats (LnL, Grimm, Gyrm and Blinky are the main pets in my rotation). I don't use traps so pets are pretty much my only option for crowd control (and I solo quite a lot).

TYIA!

I am a dagger rogue and maybe one of the few left. I also love the proc off of them and I think they are just quicker for me in mobs. I use them everywhere except on bosses where you need range (T3), however there if a learning curve and it's just a different style of play.

Yes the planar pendant is totally worth it still, consider what we will be faced with in expansion. You will be happy to have that extra HP and it's for such a great price atm. I would pick it up if you can. Tat posted the stats so you know what you are getting.

Also I like Breeze and think it's one of the most useful pets in PvE elites. Blinky is also very good, but if you are working on crafting an amulet you will be on your way to earning a free Breeze as well.

carmine_blade
05-13-2015, 02:54 PM
I've decided to dispose of bow and get daggers and recipe. Ty for the advice Candy :)

Candylicks
05-14-2015, 08:56 AM
I've decided to dispose of bow and get daggers and recipe. Ty for the advice Candy :)

Niiice! I love my daggers !!!

Wazakesy
05-14-2015, 11:39 PM
Niiice! I love my daggers !!!

I dont like the ghoulish so much, but i guess a 3para ghoulish would suit me :P

ripnabs
05-17-2015, 03:15 AM
go for daggers if u hav eye gemd gears.the fire gems wont save u in pvp vs elon bows high damage .