PDA

View Full Version : Simple but effective ways to balance PVE.

Squeezable
05-12-2015, 04:58 PM
I've seen a lot of people moaning about mages, in my opinion they're fine. My problem however is a mage not being able to revive, what is this?! Every MMORPG I've ever been on, a mages skill is to revive. Even on other STS games they do, so why not for AL?

Whether there's speculation that if mages gained the skill STS wouldn't have more platinum spent on ankhs, resulting in less money made by them is another thing. But a simple change to this would definately give them use in areana/tombs.

As for warriors, I wouldn't even know where to start for integrating them into the community! Their sheer lack of being able to hold agro and give out substantial damage is rather a huge annoyance unless you're maxed out. But even a maxed out warrior couldn't compete with a maxed out rogue.

We could start with an upgrade to a skill that goes out to around 12m of all enemies, taunts them, and holds agro for say what, 3 second? Having just the warriors passive be +20 damage and to be debugged, so it stacks? These are pretty unplanned ideas.

Also, a huge huge way to make the game more exciting would be basing the game around skill, rather than gear! Someone with absolutely no skill, and the best gear, would be considered as skillful only because no matter what skill they use, it has high damage which normal legendary gear users cannot compete with! For example, in Pocket legends you was given 12 skills that could be upgraded to 9, giving users a huge preference to place their points and gives out a numerous amount of builds available to the player, and all 12 skills could've been pressed on the playing screen. Also there wasn't any of this charging crap, I think this charging idea is absolutely pointless and time consuming.

Incorporating the PL skill system would make PVP based on skill rather than gear.

Players like me, who have the ability to learn skill to be good at PVP just don't have a chance since there's players who have a considerably bigger amount of damage. I just don't have the money to compete and, being pure PVE is frankly, boring! So players like me just find this game disheartening.

Just a little rant and suggestion to you STS! Haha, not meaning to come off rude as I absolutely love this game, and it's community. Thanks for reading guys and feedback would be appreciated!

BeoNeo
05-12-2015, 05:13 PM
Or why dont they make an ork monk.He will revive someone near him.

Eldorado
05-13-2015, 12:22 AM
Revive will affect ankh sales for sts (this will never happen). I suggest a buff skill like blessing +25 all stats or something like that.

Trojan2100
05-13-2015, 07:00 AM
Or why dont they make an ork monk.He will revive someone near him.

Healer class , why not since takes 4 ppl in a group

Squeezable
05-26-2015, 05:48 AM
I couldn't agree more Avikk! Revive would be 'to good to be true' but it would be nice to see a mages main role incorporated to the game.

kiwotsukete
05-26-2015, 09:27 AM
Hmm, if it weren't for the money off of ankh, im sure they would do this. Maybe the work around could be, a recipe. A craftable skill energy that is separate to the skill sets entirely. The components could be, a one time use recipe dropped by bosses in elite maps, looted in locks and all elite golden chest. Requires 25 ankh to start crafting, along with say, 20k gold. The turnout would be 75-100 revive scrolls that can be used to revive a teammate. Thus sts still has ankh sales, it will remove gold from the game, and it won't be flooded due to legendary rarity/only elite drops. Now, it should be a area of effect type revive, of say 6-7m with a one click scroll option towards top of the right side screen. Also, I would like to see a "revive pet" (in the form of a angel of course :3) that has a group passive healing effect with an AA of revive with a range of say 12meters. Of course it should be around 200-250 plat in the stable, shouldn't be an egg in any chest. These are just ideas, please let me know what you think :3

Maunyabastian
05-26-2015, 09:58 AM
Sorcerer is a sorcerer. In the world wizardry, there is always a reviving skill whether it will sacrifice yourself or not. I will take kiwot's idea, make special ankhs through crafting. For the rest, I will take avikk's words.

Sigh. After all these stuffs,
I'm wondering how Vili could become a legend...ary pet (no offense Sorcerers, you aren't pets.)

kiwotsukete
05-26-2015, 10:02 AM
Sorcerer is a sorcerer. In the world wizardry, there is always a reviving skill whether it will sacrifice yourself or not. I will take kiwot's idea, make special ankhs through crafting. For the rest, I will take avikk's words.

Sigh. After all these stuffs,
I'm wondering how Vili could become a legend...ary pet (no offense Sorcerers, you aren't pets.)

Wasn't talking about making villi into a pet, im suggesting this pet so everyone could use revive. I kinda like the name "Guardian"