PDA

View Full Version : Just finished shadow cave 1 map!

azulflame
04-09-2011, 02:04 PM
I just finished the shadow cave 1 map i was making. I will try to post it very soon.
given, It's not entirely done, but here is what I have done right now (missing bosses and minis. ignoring mobs)
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x417/my_PL_photobucket_account/sc1.jpg
feel free to tell me what you think of it
my next plan?
fathom crypts: mega maze mashup. that will take me a while to complete, though
don't critisize, I took screenshots, made a drawing, and transferred that drawing to paint. I put the paper on my computer moniter, drew the map on it from screenies, the put it on again and traced the lines in MS Paint

Leiver
04-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Making? You just drawing a picture or something? What you talking about lol

Arterra
04-09-2011, 02:19 PM
this sounds interesting... please explain o.O

Leiver
04-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Just seen the pic, I fail to see the reason for this tbh :S

noobmigo
04-09-2011, 02:25 PM
/sigh

/10

azulflame
04-09-2011, 02:25 PM
I plan on making a map for most of the areas, especially the confusing ones
i'm pretty good in some maps, but most maps past FC specials, I tend to get lost, especially when a team member is dead and I am the only mage.

noobmigo
04-09-2011, 02:26 PM

Thats what the HUD is for.
Lol, don't bother, I would personally think it is a BIG waste of time.

Leiver
04-09-2011, 02:28 PM
i'm pretty good in some maps, but most maps past FC specials, I tend to get lost, especially when a team member is dead and I am the only mage.
If you are getting lost then either you have absolutely no sense of direction or you aren't using the minimap overlay. I've never found a map that confuses me yet

azulflame
04-09-2011, 02:35 PM
I did this as a test, I really need to make a map for the mega maze mashup, and this one was a good practice for my method. It is almost impossible not to get lost in there, even with the overlay

Phoenixking
04-09-2011, 02:35 PM
If you are getting lost then either you have absolutely no sense of direction or you aren't using the minimap overlay. I've never found a map that confuses me yet

Me neither but this can help find the hidden tings and or minibosses

Vallist
04-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Nice work

noneon has also started on this project awhile back

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20601-Maps-of-Alterra&highlight=balefort

azulflame
04-09-2011, 02:42 PM
I still have no Idea where the minibosses are. I will try to find out soon

Leiver
04-09-2011, 02:52 PM
I did this as a test, I really need to make a map for the mega maze mashup, and this one was a good practice for my method. It is almost impossible not to get lost in there, even with the overlay
Even that is fairly simple, I did a run of that with my mage today. Took about 20 minutes solo. Didn't get lost at any point and found everywhere quite easily.

There must be some people on here with a real lack of direction sense lol

Kalielle
04-09-2011, 03:20 PM

I get lost in the shadow caves all the time. And yes I freely admit have a terrible sense of direction. But if so I'm not the only one - I've lost track of the number of times I've seen groups skip some short branch and had to return to it then go all the way back the long branch in map 5. That's why I'll draw myself maps with the location of the bosses (worked great for example for the Bayou boss level), or take notes like "leave for last the branch towards which the skulls are facing" etc.

It's not that we wouldn't find our way around eventually, but having a drawing of the whole map can be very useful when planning optimal strategy. I don't understand all the negative comments on this thread. I'd be very glad if we had a collection of all the maps in the game, or at least the more complex ones.

Nice work Azul and keep it up. :)

noneo
04-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Nice work

noneon has also started on this project awhile back

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?20601-Maps-of-Alterra&highlight=balefort

Thanks.

I have a TON of screenshots on my phone that I need to trace in photoshop. I was planning on releasing them as a group of all the maps of Alterra.

Azul, if you want to team up on this daunting project, let me know.

Jinlac
04-09-2011, 07:09 PM
I like! I remember having a tough time finding the witch or hag or whatever its called in one of the swamp maps...

Awesome idea^^ ;)

Beanmachine
04-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Mega maze map would be great!

As for other maps I dont really get lost

seilhpares
04-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Good idea. When I was new to PL this was one of the original reasons that I came to the forums. I like the HUD but I'd like to be able to zoom out even further of the map through the options. Nice start.

Kindread
04-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Even that is fairly simple, I did a run of that with my mage today. Took about 20 minutes solo. Didn't get lost at any point and found everywhere quite easily.

There must be some people on here with a real lack of direction sense lol

Wow, you're so 1337! I wanna be just like you when I grow up! *roll eyes*

azulflame
04-11-2011, 11:45 PM
I am now working with noneon. Will maybe release a few to show where we are, but for the most part, will release them all at once.

Lesrider
04-12-2011, 06:00 AM
Good idea. When I was new to PL this was one of the original reasons that I came to the forums. I like the HUD but I'd like to be able to zoom out even further of the map through the options. Nice start.

Me too.
Would be cool to have a mini map that opens and shows your destination if you're doing a quest (if you need to kill a boss or mini boss or find an npc). Or even show npcs in the area that have quests for you.