View Full Version : Opinions for Ideal Group for fastest runs?

Duped
04-09-2011, 04:36 PM
IMO, (all of this is going to be opinions :) ) One tank bear, two INT mages, and two DEX archers is the perfect group. Agree? Thoughts?

I've had opportunity to be in this group a few times, and as long as each party member does their part, it's amazing!

karmakali
04-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Typically I would agree. However in Catacombs it seems to run quickest with 4 birds/1 mage...quickest if the mage stays alive that is.
Ultimately it comes back to the people- not the characters you play with though.
Fastest vs. Most enjoyable groups....often a big difference.

DawnInfinity
04-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Typically 1-2 mage(s), 2-3 bird(s), maybe one bear. More than one bear tends to hinder speed.

WhoIsThis
04-09-2011, 05:31 PM
I've had very good luck with this group (all players need to be very skilled for this work):

3x pure int mage
2x pure dex bird

The mages can rip through a crowd and when the boss fights come, the birds can shine. Plus the pure int mages can do plenty of spell damage on the boss. Should anyone die, with 3 mages, it's highly unlikely that all 3 mages would die.

JaytB
04-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Since bosses take the longest, I'd say 4 birds 1 pally (for survivability and smaller roundups).

Moogerfooger
04-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Since bosses take the longest, I'd say 4 birds 1 pally (for survivability and smaller roundups).

We also did pretty well just now w 1 pally, 1 int mage, 3 dex birds :)

JaytB
04-09-2011, 05:46 PM
We also did pretty well just now w 1 pally, 1 int mage, 3 dex birds :)

Yes, we did ;)

YYZ????
04-09-2011, 06:52 PM
I agree with OP. My fastest/funnest runs have been with 1 good bear, 2 mage, 2 birds. Finding the good bear can be tough. But if you find a good one it can be awesome. Shout out to some good bears if you know some.

Rebel
04-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Best groups that I've come by are:

1) Pally + 4 birds
2) 2 Enchants + 3 birds
3) 5 birds

Basically, birds hand out that massive dps, while enchants use resurrect/heal and also use their major aoe attacks. Bears tend to slow the pack down, although they are useful when fighting those difficult bosses. Otherwise, an experienced Pally can usually do the trick.

RahX
04-09-2011, 07:35 PM
I was runnin hideout with 3 birds and 2 int mages. We took down gold fever before he fired off the fever. I believe one of the birds was ieversori and anoher was jackychiu. Awesome birds gf health dropped faster than i could fire off spells. I love the good bears runnin around out there but most of the time a mix of birds and mages tears hard. Bears are usually only very handy when you aredealing with a mean boss that needs to pick on a tank. Otherwise the pain train is a ton of fun.

JFelt8
04-09-2011, 07:54 PM
For me ideal is 2 birds, 2 mages, and 1 good bear. U can make it through catacombs and defeat trash heap before your xp pot runs out if your bear knows how to run the front and pull mobs right. But as was said it is difficult to find bears that will tank properly

giayuan
04-09-2011, 11:45 PM
If your talkin about hideout,
1) 1 bear, 1 archer, 3 mages
2) 1 bear, 3 archers, 1 pally
3) 1 bear, 4 mages
4) 5 mages :D
Never have less than or more than 1 bear. That one bear organizes party and the other players bomb the mobs. If you have more, than grouping tends to be interfering with each other. If it says mage, pally works, but when it says pally, it must be pally for survivablilty. This is my experience. Oh and all mages was for fun and it went faster than decency Lol

Nightarcher
04-10-2011, 12:30 AM
This would probably be one of the fastest, regardless of the level.

-- 2 pure DEX archers in RR sets (self explanatory, boss-killers)
-- A paladin (debuffs, large tank-luring, and a failsafe)
-- A bowbear (luring/gathering with little DPS reduction; great for keeping boss aggro)

-- The last should be either a pure INT Mage or a pure DEX archer. You have all the essential parts, so you really need damage output. A Mage has good clearing skills, but I would recommend an archer, as they do twice as much damage when it comes to the big time-consumer: the boss.

This is my opinion. You can always switch the pally & bowbear to a mage & tank, it would work just as well. :)

karmakali
04-10-2011, 01:02 AM
I have actually been in a great group with two bears. They astonished me with their teamwork. The two birds in the party and myself (pure int mage) where able to wipe out the mobs quickly as they were compact and controlled. Granted it was a rarity to have 2 bears work so well together .....thanks Quancong and Myanwar for the great runs! :)

Ellyidol
04-10-2011, 02:37 AM
Any group with Mystical and range (Apollo).

Well, anyone in my friends list as a matter of fact :)

Mr.Wallace
04-10-2011, 04:16 AM
I experienced that it doesn't matter that much which classes are in the group, teamwork and combos are much more important. As a nerdy nerd i use to take times for hideout runs, results for clearing mobs are pretty much the same when you have a good working team, even if there is a str bear in it.

I think the only point where classes count is when fighting boss. And as we all know, can't have enough birds there...

Suntv
04-10-2011, 07:59 AM
Me and four friends, lately Mr Walace and Nichtweis :)

Asgaut
04-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Jeez !! I can't bear-lieve all the Ursan hate in this thread, lol. I have a funny feeling though that all these optimal groups have got to be the level 50+ crowd ?. But even now at my level 55, I still get more group invites and friend requests than I can keep up with. However, I can personally say I don't have any bear friends, more than myself in the group has never been necessary.

But I must ask, are these elite sewer groups also doing the hate caves with a flock of birds and elves? I dunno, but I'd have a tough time bear-lieving it. Not saying it isn't possible, I just can't visualize a clean low to no death run without a bear.