PDA

View Full Version : I can't kill Major Payne...

Appeltjes
05-14-2015, 04:50 PM
So at 15 (maybe also other levels) major payne his heal or is extremely high or glitched:

http://youtu.be/em_T3Q9lka0
http://youtu.be/em_T3Q9lka0

It is impossible to kill this boss on your own, I tried it multiple times wasting multiple energies and that's why at day 1 I would really like an energy refund.

Ps: going in with pugs makes it even harder and my guildies had not energy and I prefer soloing so don't give me those lame you should make a party excuses.

Zeus
05-14-2015, 04:52 PM
Major Payne is a major pain. :D

Truthfully though, considering the only way to get Nilbog is by earning it...I would request this to be fixed. Nilbog is basically a mini SNS!

Appeltjes
05-14-2015, 04:54 PM
Major Payne is a major pain. :D

Truthfully though, considering the only way to get Nilbog is by earning it...I would request this to be fixed. Nilbog is basically a mini SNS!

Only reason I'm running is for nilbog :p , bit hard if I can't even get this boss down by 10% with 180 dmg:/

Zeus
05-14-2015, 04:59 PM
Only reason I'm running is for nilbog :p , bit hard if I can't even get this boss down by 10% with 180 dmg:/

I think it's the poison pools that heal him if I remember correctly. Try dragging him out of those pools?

Appeltjes
05-14-2015, 05:04 PM
I think it's the poison pools that heal him if I remember correctly. Try dragging him out of those pools?

If that's true then it's basically also impossible to solo him with a tank since he drops a ton of those things :(

Imsofancy
05-14-2015, 05:07 PM
what is that french rap with reggae?

Appeltjes
05-14-2015, 05:12 PM
what is that french rap with reggae?

Lol the song is, dry- ma mélodie

regizakirs.rs
05-14-2015, 07:40 PM
I soloed Payne without too much of a hassle. You can do it :)

Appeltjes
05-14-2015, 07:48 PM
I soloed Payne without too much of a hassle. You can do it :)

Lol before I started recording I already was busy for like 10 mins .-.

regizakirs.rs
05-14-2015, 07:51 PM
Lol before I started recording I already was busy for like 10 mins .-.
Lol did you do it?

vawaid
05-14-2015, 07:51 PM
If that's true then it's basically also impossible to solo him with a tank since he drops a ton of those things :(
I solo it on my 36 tank

sent by a nab using tapasucks

epicrrr
05-14-2015, 08:37 PM
Oh man! A warrior running majoy payne is hell! If he is full of poison IMO you should reset!lol

Sheentaro
05-15-2015, 12:51 AM
Nerf Major Payne plz STS Its really hard to kill him .. Grrr hate those poison pools that heals him .. We actually did Major Payne for about 1hour and a couple of mins then , ...........

At last .... *drumrolls*

He got fully regen :) -.-

I think he's the worst event boss I've ever encountered :3

-All I do is Think and Blink-

ColdMints
05-15-2015, 12:57 AM
I tried soloing chief fury,I think hes glitched too

He was already 0% of his health..

I tried Spamming Charged Aim still Not dead lol

Booo!

-chane ._.

arfyarf
05-15-2015, 01:18 AM
It is very hard for lower levels.

Appeltjes
05-15-2015, 04:37 AM
It is very hard for lower levels.

Makes no sense having 1 immortal boss when the others get dropped easily:/

Jirikjurasek
05-15-2015, 05:00 AM
Make him able to be pulled by Axe Throw - This was a great chance to make warriors usefull for once.
Now I have to be far away from him all the time for make him go out of pools. Its not good for warriors.

Appeltjes
05-15-2015, 05:06 AM
Make him able to be pulled by Axe Throw - This was a great chance to make warriors usefull for once.
Now I have to be far away from him all the time for make him go out of pools. Its not good for warriors.

I already tried just walking around just making my pets attack but eventually there is so many pools u can't avoid him standing in them.

And now I'm gold tier I only get major payne...

Fyrce
05-15-2015, 06:19 AM
Yeah, he should be pullable or pushable.

From last year, I remember you can time his poison pools. Either keep him in middle and have him throw his pools at edges or keep him at edges and have him throw his pools inside. I think pools at edges worked better, but I haven't tried it this year yet on twinks.

So the timing is stand away from him when he throws his pools, then go right back to him so he doesn't move into his pools. And yes, if you make a mistake, he is very frustrating.

Appeltjes
05-15-2015, 06:23 AM
Yeah, he should be pullable or pushable.

From last year, I remember you can time his poison pools. Either keep him in middle and have him throw his pools at edges or keep him at edges and have him throw his pools inside. I think pools at edges worked better, but I haven't tried it this year yet on twinks.

So the timing is stand away from him when he throws his pools, then go right back to him so he doesn't move into his pools. And yes, if you make a mistake, he is very frustrating.

Lol, I just had him at 41, he's just standing in the pools there and barely healing...

kydrian
05-15-2015, 08:03 AM
lol if you want a way to kill him stand in a corner and let the pool of poison fall on you but keep him distanced from you and just let your pet do all the work

Rawfury
05-15-2015, 09:22 AM
I solo him on my 10 twink and any other toon for that matter. Like some people say it's all about timing and positioning. As a warrior attack him for a few seconds such as two rotations then hug the walls and wait for pool drop. After pool drop start attacking him again with roughly two rotations, which is best done in the middle of area. Simply rinse and repeat that tactic and modify if need be. Keep him as far away from pools as possible to stop any healing occuring and don't attack him long enough so pools drop on both you and the boss hence why he won't die. yw.

This is not a bug, it's intentional. Why do you think he's got 'Payne' in his name? It's not to do with the boss's damage output lol.

Appeltjes
05-15-2015, 09:25 AM
I solo him on my 10 twink and any other toon for that matter. Like some people say it's all about timing and positioning. As a warrior attack him for a few seconds such as two rotations then hug the walls and wait for pool drop. After pool drop start attacking him again with roughly two rotations, which is best done in the middle of area. Simply rinse and repeat that tactic and modify if need be. Keep him as far away from pools as possible to stop any healing occuring and don't attack him long enough so pools drop on both you and the boss hence why he won't die. yw.

This is not a bug, it's intentional. Why do you think he's got 'Payne' in his name? It's not to do with the boss's damage output lol.

I did him on endgame and you can't even notice him healing there so I'm quite sure it's not intentional that he heals this much. You can't kill a boss that drops healing pools every 3 seconds...

kydrian
05-15-2015, 09:26 AM

But many people don't have patience for doing that lol and even if you hug the wall he gets close to you where the pool has a chance to heal him. I've used my level 12 twink and just let my pet kill him also using the skill he died In about a minute

Fightbeast
05-15-2015, 12:15 PM
I tried out the bosses with my twinks and main toons. To be honest, for a lv41 rouge or mage it shouldn't be hard at all to solo that boss. Warriors are still at a disadvantage here.
In twink lvl's I noticed some lvl's had an easier boss while others were really hard. For example my lv17 mage could finish a map at 5-7min max. While another at lvl23 took a bit longer, plus the boss did a one hut kill on me every time. I hope sts will look into it. Thanks :)

Fiasaria
05-15-2015, 12:45 PM
i have 600 points and icant find that boss

Mabokcinta
05-16-2015, 11:47 AM
finally (after 2-3 hours in the map to think, how to defeat that 'bad' boss lol) i have been killed that boss solo, fiuhhh

hint: ...

Allows.
05-16-2015, 12:02 PM
You can control where he throws that posion-lakes.
If there are too much lakes at the ground, just reset him and do it again, kilk him as fast as you can before the ground is full of poison.

Serancha
05-16-2015, 01:23 PM
Even if you keep luring him of the pools, he still takes way too long to kill. For 2 high geared rogues it takes a good 3-4 minutes. Solo is about the same - high-end gear, arcane pet and no ring.

For normal toons, it would be abysmal. I'm at 500 points and already sick of the tedium.

However, the lack of unavoidable one-hits (remembering Helena) is appreciated.

mmaachilles211
05-16-2015, 01:43 PM
I'm in the same boat as Sera I'm pretty decently geared with imbued frost bow planar pendent and arcane pet and he still give me trouble. If I don't have a dam elix on he tends to heal faster than I dam...pretty annoying

Kyle Holmes
05-16-2015, 01:53 PM
Even if you keep luring him of the pools, he still takes way too long to kill. For 2 high geared rogues it takes a good 3-4 minutes. Solo is about the same - high-end gear, arcane pet and no ring.

For normal toons, it would be abysmal. I'm at 500 points and already sick of the tedium.

The problem is if your a rogue you can't really use your range because of the huge red zone he has the further away you are, I have to circle close to him where the red zone is small but then he just drops pools onto him self. Had to buy cleansing stone just to be able to do him without dying a million times haha

sent from fritters beak

Serancha
05-16-2015, 03:02 PM
I got the cleansing stone before I started, and don't find any range issues with this boss. Not sure what you are referring to.

He's not challenging in the sense that you have to avoid getting hit, he just takes ages to die. I can solo an elite arena boss in less time than it takes to kill this pain in the Payne, which means that any other class is going to be super slow going.

That being said, I do want to say that the event is well done, overall. It is good to see that there is finally a way to participate once your energy runs out. Appreciate STS listening to the feedback on this. I haven't seen the final boss yet - whoever he is, but right now at gold tier, it's 100% Major Payne, which is rather discouraging. Hopefully this boss's issues are just an oversight on the dev's part and can be tweaked to be a little more user-friendly.

intruders
05-16-2015, 03:47 PM
At low level he heals so quick. You have to avoid him staying in pools at all.

Also playing many levels I can say that at level 25 it's a pain to fight almost any boss. This is true for this event and for any other previous. It's definitely should be considered.

Madnex
05-16-2015, 04:33 PM
This is an elite boss in terms of HP.

He drops that poison pool that heals him if he steps on it, every 10 seconds. Right after he does that, he walks to the direction of the player with aggro (similar to how Ferrix rushes out of his purple pool after spawning it). So you just have to wait for the circle red zone in distance and then jump on him. After dealing a few hits, move back out on the spot he already threw an acid pool at. Wait. Repeat.

He also has a huge heal when he reaches 25-30% that heals him up to 50, once. Not sure what triggers that but stunning him around that HP and staying in distance works.

vawaid
05-17-2015, 01:30 AM
in lv 13, his heal is crazy enough to make me depressed

srinoy
05-17-2015, 09:11 AM
It is impossible to kill this boss on your own, I tried it multiple times wasting multiple energies and that's why at day 1 I would really like an energy refund.

Ps: going in with pugs makes it even harder and my guildies had not energy and I prefer soloing so don't give me those lame you should make a party excuses.

IT'S pretty easy i do it multiple times on rogue lvl 10 with nilbog (renamed empoisonneur (search on google for traduction you lazzy guys)) and it's easy jsut make him run away from the poison before it spawns

Dex Scene
05-17-2015, 01:20 PM
Don't keep the boss on the pools! Drag it away!!
I wonder why is it this way to you!
He is indeed one of hardest event boss but he seems pretty easy to my endgame rogue Nd level 13 warrior!

Twinisland
05-17-2015, 11:30 PM
HELLania is WAAAAAY worst(think I spelled it wrong) you'll see in ursoth event

vawaid
05-17-2015, 11:34 PM
HELLania is WAAAAAY worst(think I spelled it wrong) you'll see in ursoth event
you mean HELENA the lady of forest?

Twinisland
05-17-2015, 11:35 PM
you mean HELENA the lady of forest?

Yep, she's the worst boss I ever fought in the whole game.

Avshow
05-18-2015, 01:06 AM
this boss is easy to fight, just drag boss out of the green pools

intruders
05-18-2015, 03:36 AM
It can be hard to kite him avoiding pools if you don't have cleansing stone but with the stone is easy.
I usually stand by some wall to prevent being pushed back further and spam hits, skills and pots on him. This way I stay on the same place in pool but Payne stays on melee range outside the pool.

Excuses
05-18-2015, 08:01 AM
Impossible to kill him on lv6 with warrior too.

kinzmet
05-18-2015, 08:16 AM
Run in parties with rogues, don't solo him with a warrior twink below level 20. Although you can kill him in less than with a maxed rogue twink solo.
This boss is not build for warrior solo runs I guess, hince the name "Major Payne".

intruders
05-18-2015, 09:28 AM
Warriors can beat him in solo. I personally did it solo on my level 1, 2 and 15 warriors even without cleansing stone. It's not easy but as I said previously it's all about strategy. He spawns pools where you are staying, right? So think better when you choose position about where you will kite him next.

Dex Scene
05-18-2015, 01:59 PM
Don't keep the boss on the pools! Drag it away!!
I wonder why is it this way to you!
He is indeed one of hardest event boss but he seems pretty easy to my endgame rogue Nd level 13 warrior!
Like I said that day,
Keep him out of pool. Its very doable and it doesn't take long time if you don't let him heal!
I don't like to expose my twink characters so I censored the name!
here's some pic
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/18/c356fb6fd80744a5c1be8941b53cb2e5.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/18/9b39da6f7443352968d4ba4b14159567.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/18/5bb85f93e9ad7191b49698e2790a6490.jpg

Antispace
05-18-2015, 11:54 PM
Stupid Venab..... learn to play

ezkinita
05-19-2015, 01:38 AM
At warrior, bring him to lower side and hit him with charge normal attack and normal ss combination.

vawaid
05-21-2015, 05:26 AM
Yep, she's the worst boss I ever fought in the whole game.
worst boss? how dare you! she's pretty as hell. She's most beautiful thing you will see in the forest. XD

bedmaster
05-21-2015, 06:40 AM
I soloed that boss with mage with no cleans stone at lv10, tried 2x cuz in the first try too many pools spawned lol i just kill him before the field is full of thosehttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/21/8fc729cc864785e8996ae6b56ca8d816.jpg

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah282/chandra7plav/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1428811885348_zpsxpktgrgj.jpg (http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/chandra7plav/media/Mobile%20Uploads/PicsArt_1428811885348_zpsxpktgrgj.jpg.html)