PDA

View Full Version : Nightshade Secret Nerf...?

Zeus
05-14-2015, 09:20 PM
Can any other previous Nightshade user confirm this? Before the event, the AA CD was 13 seconds? Now, it is a 22 second CD.

Have there been any other changes? Was this intentional? I'm sure those who have bought their Nightshade are not happy at all about this, especially previous owners of the pet.

Cranky
05-14-2015, 10:06 PM
I'm pisssssed if sts nerf this pet
If you release something make sure it's 100% if not don't releass it
Have more test until ur positive
If you nerf it secretly without letting
Ur customers know that's a dog move.
Just saying.

Kakashis
05-14-2015, 10:16 PM
Lol I'm just going to buy him as a egg once wolf chests are out! You guys have fun trying for him "free"

Wazakesy
05-14-2015, 10:59 PM
meh game is rekt...

Welcome back SnS....

Overweightank
05-14-2015, 11:18 PM
meh game is rekt...

Welcome back SnS....

Nope. Nilbog if love, nilbog is life.

SacredKnight
05-14-2015, 11:20 PM
Nerf is probably intentional to compensate for it being introduced mainstream.
TBH Zeus, I wouldn't get to worked up over it. STS tends to change a lot of things now, some without telling us (E.g plat prices) and they can really annoy us. But in the end of the day it's their game, their work and their source of revenue.

Just relax and go with the flow :/

Zeus
05-14-2015, 11:26 PM
Nerf is probably intentional to compensate for it being introduced mainstream.
TBH Zeus, I wouldn't get to worked up over it. STS tends to change a lot of things now, some without telling us (E.g plat prices) and they can really annoy us. But in the end of the day it's their game, their work and their source of revenue.

Just relax and go with the flow :/

I would rather it not get introduced then ruin other people's hard work, IMO.

Axesam
05-15-2015, 12:20 AM
Releasing old pet like NS should not change his true ability. Theres no reason to change the cd, bcoz all ppl have big chance to get NS so sts nerf it? No pls, respect d previous NS owner.

arfyarf
05-15-2015, 01:21 AM
How many originals were given out?

Cranky
05-15-2015, 02:58 AM

9 I thinj 3 each class

Spell
05-15-2015, 03:11 AM

3 I believe

Bunny♥
05-15-2015, 03:42 AM

5 eggs was released last time.

barristen
05-15-2015, 03:58 AM
agreed , it probably should have been released same way as before, it is a bit unfair for original owners.

Jexetta
05-15-2015, 04:06 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?159317-Nightshade-comparison-and-mini-review&highlight=nightshade+review

Ravager said back then the CD was about 15 seconds. I have confidence in his counting ability, the CD must have changed.

Yay.

Wazakesy
05-15-2015, 04:10 AM
Originaly 3 eggs, but there were about 5 ties. So basically 5 nightshade eggs were present. I believe ravagerx, ardbeg, apollo (zeus lol xP) and 2 more people....err gothical and...forgot the last person who owns it...maybe avaree?..

Ardbeg
05-15-2015, 04:25 AM
yes, the CD was nerfed. I never measured it properly, but it was way less then 22 Seconds. i trust ravagerx with this.
it was the main reason i considered this pet op, not the damage buff, but the ability to apply dot in short intervalls.
now releasing exclusive pets/items to the whole community after a while is only fair game for me and a smart move from stg.
after all, i am a collector and see the frustration of other pet collectors about this.
but nerfing the ability of this pet needs a really good justification. i can only assume that this was needed in situations where 4 nightshades could stack the poison dot,
but i have to confirm first if that s even possible.

SacredKnight
05-15-2015, 05:35 AM
I would rather it not get introduced then ruin other people's hard work, IMO.

That too is a valid point, and I can agree with that ;) But, what are we going to do? Either STS brings in something stronger or parallel to Nightshade to even things out or? I mean with SnS they will obviously bring in something stronger, they won't bring it back but rather make it obsolete. Instead of saying "We're going to make your hard work easier" it'll become "We're going to make your hard work obsolete in 3-4months".

Change is inevitable, just enjoy the spoils of your labour while you can :)

debitmandiri
05-15-2015, 08:20 AM
Is this pet still giving +6% crit (bug) ? Nilbog gives 7% while in hapiness bonus there is no option that give a crit, how confusing -.-

Xorrior
05-15-2015, 08:31 AM
I hate #ninjanerfs, you end up with a crapper version of the original thing.

kixkaxx
05-15-2015, 08:56 AM
also nightshade gives 6% crit ?? Is it intentional?

Ardbeg
05-15-2015, 09:31 AM
also nightshade gives 6% crit ?? Is it intentional?

nighshade always has a hidden crit bonus.

Zeus
05-15-2015, 09:33 AM
nighshade always has a hidden crit bonus.

Yes, so does Nilbog.

Anyways, Ard, I'm sure you're rather irritated that the pet got nerfed. Correct?

kydrian
05-15-2015, 09:39 AM
I don't see why the pet is nerfred without it being announced but instead having the players find out about it is sad. Making the pet not tradeable so it won't flood the market is a great idea but having it nerfed? Seriously its a "Exclusively" pet from Goblin event. There should be no reason for it being nerfed there is a reason why its op and exclusive.

G-M
05-15-2015, 09:53 AM
Nightshade hasn't been nerfed. It hasn't been changed since the pet was first introduced last year.

kydrian
05-15-2015, 10:08 AM
Nightshade hasn't been nerfed. It hasn't been changed since the pet was first introduced last year.
Then why is everyone complaining it is? I don't understand.

Zeus
05-15-2015, 10:09 AM

Several users can verify the pet AA is now significantly longer. It used to be about 15 seconds, now it is 23. There are reviews and original owners that can verify this so may it please be reverted to the 15 second CD for at least the original owners only? I understand if new owners cannot get a 15 second CD.

Thanks!

-Zeus

Oursizes
05-15-2015, 10:14 AM
Several users can verify the pet AA is now significantly longer. It used to be about 15 seconds, now it is 23. There are reviews and original owners that can verify this so may it please be reverted to the 15 second CD for at least the original owners only? I understand if new owners cannot get a 15 second CD.

Thanks!

-Zeus

Why shouldn't new owners get 15 second CD also? Previous owners had their fun with nightshade for a year, if you're gonna buff/Nerf a pet, it has to be for whole population. This idea is just horrible.

Justg
05-15-2015, 10:19 AM
Zeus, we have content validation and file records for everything we do. We said it did not change, and we don't like being accused of duplicity.

Zeus
05-15-2015, 10:20 AM
Zeus, we have content validation and file records for everything we do. We said it did not change, and we don't like being accused of duplicity.

Hey JustG, I don't mean to accuse anyone! Could it be that the AA was unintentionally 15 seconds?

Here's the review of the pet, for clarification. If, the CD was unintentionally 15 seconds then this explains A LOT: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?159317-Nightshade-comparison-and-mini-review&highlight=Nightshade+review

Kingofninjas
05-15-2015, 10:21 AM

Thanks!

-Zeus

Giving a pet a buff for a select few is absolutely ridiculous. Its also ridiculous to Nerf it secretly like that, but giving a handful the original stats back is unfair.

Visiting
05-15-2015, 10:22 AM
Gluttony' pet guide has Nightshade listed with a 15 second AA cooldown :O

Zeus
05-15-2015, 10:23 AM
Giving a pet a buff for a select few is absolutely ridiculous. Its also ridiculous to Nerf it secretly like that, but giving a handful the original stats back is unfair.

I don't think the issue now is that they meant to nerf the pet, but if they have records on the pet being 23 seconds then I think the 15 second cool down was an unintentional glitch from the start.

Justg
05-15-2015, 10:23 AM
Once again, we did not secretly nerf this pet. Closing this one up.