Zeus
05-16-2015, 12:06 AM
Nightshade

I. How To Obtain:
1. Be on Top 3 of Goblin Event of May 2014
2. Purchase for 1500 tokens from vendor in Goblin Event of May 2015

II. Happiness Bonus:

III. Arcane Ability:
This is a slightly complicated AA. The pet, when activated, will cast a circle equivalent to Singe's AA range. Any target in that range will receive 8 ticks of DOT damage. The DOT damage is based off of your statistic damage. Thus, this means if you have elixirs active, your AA will cause more damage. This also means that in PvP, a rogue nightshade AA will always be weaker than a sorcerer's or a warrior's nightshade AA. After this stage of the AA is completed, the character closest to the Nightshade will receive 712 HP x the number of targets there is. The maximum number of HP returned is 712*2. However, if there are more than just 2 targets, all of the targets will still receive damage. This HP is returned to the person closest to the pet. This means if you are NOT close to your pet, you will NOT get your heal.

IV. Cool Down of Arcane Ability:
Upon cast, it requires 21.5 seconds before one is allowed to use Nightshade AA again.

V. Passive Attack:
At L41, the passive bleed does around 87-92 damage and procs very frequently. The debuffs seem to be quite frequent as well.

VI. Hidden Mechanics:
1. The AA DOT tick depends on the pet level as well as your own damage displayed on the damage statistic page. The more damage you have, the more damage this wolf will do as well. Unfortunately, this means that a maxed player's Nightshade is substantially more powerful than a non-maxed player's Nightshade. Upon equipping a 30% damage elixir, the DoT poison that Nightshade did went from 67 to 89 and my damage increased from 826.2 to 918.

2. Misty or any other debuff clearing effect will nullify the AA of this pet.

In conclusion, this is a pet that is extremely beneficial in both PvE and PvP. I would rate it higher than Singe & potentially Maridos but lower than Nekro & SNS. However, if there are more than 2 Nekro already present, it is okay and most likely more effective to use this pet over a third Nekro. Of course, due to the way the AA & damage percents are designed, this pet benefits rogues the least & warriors/sorcerers the most.

Hope y'all enjoy,

-Zeus

Energizeric
05-16-2015, 12:20 AM
Sounds like a good pet for my level 10 sorcerer with 7 paras and really high damage. l'm currently using Singe, but I'll have to give this a try and see how it works.

Just a question... How much higher does your damage go when you have Nightshade equipped compared to Singe?

Zeus
05-16-2015, 12:23 AM
Sounds like a good pet for my level 10 sorcerer with 7 paras and really high damage. l'm currently using Singe, but I'll have to give this a try and see how it works.

Just a question... How much higher does your damage go when you have Nightshade equipped compared to Singe?

826.2 with NS, no elixir.

798.0 with Singe, no elixir.

Zeus
05-16-2015, 12:26 AM
798 with Singe I believe?

Yes, nice catch! Sleepy time for me, hehe!

Energizeric
05-16-2015, 12:36 AM

Nice! My level 10 sorcerer should be just short of 150 damage with NS. (I'm at 143.5 with Singe). I think I'm going to need to get that 8th para just to be over 150! LOL

Wazakesy
05-16-2015, 01:06 AM
Thanks on the shine Zeus. I assume i shall run for NS now.

carmine_blade
05-16-2015, 01:43 AM
Sounds like it will be well worth the plat investment, as I won't have time to run the event hard enough to get the tokens. 1500 tokens = 750 plat (though ofc I will earn some tokens, just not the full amount)- even buying it outright is only 3 x mythic pet for arcane quality.. thanks for this info Zeus.

Ghoul
05-16-2015, 01:47 AM
Thanks for the review! Sounds pretty worth it for clashes.

Cranky
05-16-2015, 02:38 AM
Love it !thanks ZEUS

Nightshade

I. How To Obtain:
1. Be on Top 3 of Goblin Event of May 2014
2. Purchase for 1500 tokens from vendor in Goblin Event of May 2015

II. Happiness Bonus:

III. Arcane Ability:
This is a slightly complicated AA. The pet, when activated, will cast a circle equivalent to Singe's AA range. Any target in that range will receive 8 ticks of DOT damage. The DOT damage is based off of your statistic damage. Thus, this means if you have elixirs active, your AA will cause more damage. This also means that in PvP, a rogue nightshade AA will always be weaker than a sorcerer's or a warrior's nightshade AA. After this stage of the AA is completed, the character closest to the Nightshade will receive 712 HP x the number of targets there is. The maximum number of HP returned is 712*2. However, if there are more than just 2 targets, all of the targets will still receive damage. This HP is returned to the person closest to the pet. This means if you are NOT close to your pet, you will NOT get your heal.

IV. Cool Down of Arcane Ability:
Upon cast, it requires 21.5 seconds before one is allowed to use Nightshade AA again.

V. Passive Attack:
At L41, the passive bleed does around 87-92 damage and procs very frequently. The debuffs seem to be quite frequent as well.

VI. Hidden Mechanics:
1. The AA DOT tick depends on the pet level as well as your own damage displayed on the damage statistic page. The more damage you have, the more damage this wolf will do as well. Unfortunately, this means that a maxed player's Nightshade is substantially more powerful than a non-maxed player's Nightshade. Upon equipping a 30% damage elixir, the DoT poison that Nightshade did went from 67 to 89 and my damage increased from 826.2 to 918.

In conclusion, this is a pet that is extremely beneficial in both PvE and PvP. I would rate it higher than Singe & potentially Maridos but lower than Nekro & SNS. However, if there are more than 2 Nekro already present, it is okay and most likely more effective to use this pet over a third Nekro. Of course, due to the way the AA & damage percents are designed, this pet benefits rogues the least & warriors/sorcerers the most.

Hope y'all enjoy,

-Zeus

Farminer's
05-17-2015, 01:19 PM

Dang I'm so getting night on my rogue.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Kingofninjas
05-17-2015, 03:27 PM
I had a question. If a player gets killed in PvP by the dot of nightshades aa, does the player get the kill, or is it not counted, as is the case with sns death pools.

Zeus
05-17-2015, 03:56 PM
I had a question. If a player gets killed in PvP by the dot of nightshades aa, does the player get the kill, or is it not counted, as is the case with sns death pools.

The player gets the kill.

kananaskis
05-17-2015, 06:25 PM
useful review. .thanks!

Caabatric
05-17-2015, 06:42 PM
Does the new mage shield counter the DOT done by nightshade?

Zeus
05-17-2015, 06:48 PM
Does the new mage shield counter the DOT done by nightshade?

I don't think so, I just believe it reduces the damage of the DoT.

Caabatric
05-17-2015, 06:49 PM
I don't think so, I just believe it reduces the damage of the DoT.

ty for the info c:

Arrowz
05-17-2015, 08:51 PM
When you say a debuff clearing pet nullifies Nightshade's AA, does it only nullify the DOT applied, or does it also nullify the healing? And does the amount healed scale based upon pet lvl?

Bameely
05-17-2015, 09:18 PM
Nightshade

Hope y'all enjoy,

-Zeus

I'm confused...why does it benefit Rogue least? :o

Zeus
05-17-2015, 09:32 PM
When you say a debuff clearing pet nullifies Nightshade's AA, does it only nullify the DOT applied, or does it also nullify the healing? And does the amount healed scale based upon pet lvl?

The amount healed does scale based on pet level.

When it nullified Nightshade's AA, it nullifies the DoT. The DoT is what returns the heal so yes, I think it would also nullify the heal. However, don't quote me on this. I haven't tested this yet!

@Bam
It benefits rogues the least because rogue damage percent does not work in PvP so your DoT damage will be less than an equally feared sorcerer or warrior's nightshade AA.

Wazakesy
05-17-2015, 10:10 PM

When it nullified Nightshade's AA, it nullifies the DoT. The DoT is what returns the heal so yes, I think it would also nullify the heal. However, don't quote me on this. I haven't tested this yet!

@Bam
It benefits rogues the least because rogue damage percent does not work in PvP so your DoT damage will be less than an equally feared sorcerer or warrior's nightshade AA.

Preferably the pet does fine in pve, in pvp, singe would do better since the %DMG instead of substracting, overides and gives you a -17% debuff. And a rogue doesnt need heal either, we haz enough survival :3
Singe does well in pve too, the stun is bae.

Bameely
05-17-2015, 10:59 PM
@Bam

Oh so I guess its still all good for PvE? Thank you Zeus :)

Zeus
05-17-2015, 11:16 PM
Oh so I guess its still all good for PvE? Thank you Zeus :)

Yes, in PvE, they're equal for the most part (although sorcerer still has higher stat damage than rogue with comparable gear).

Serillia
05-18-2015, 01:18 AM

@Bam

geared* Lol@11 minimun character rule.

merch_master
05-18-2015, 01:25 AM
Whenever i have solo'd , it never returns hp; also discreption says " heals your allies"
So you sure, it can heal us too?

kinzmet
05-18-2015, 09:29 AM
Quick question!
Nilbog's AA counters Nightshade's AA?

Jazzi
05-18-2015, 11:36 AM
The pet is great, but why is it better than singe? Can you elaborate on that pls? I do understand that it gives more damage/crit, which is great for a rogue, but Singe's AA and passive seem much better to me (at least form the description).

Full disclosure: I have NS now and the only arcane pet i have is maridos, so I can't speak out of personal experience about Singe. Just curious whether I am missing something.

Zeus
05-18-2015, 11:53 AM
The pet is great, but why is it better than singe? Can you elaborate on that pls? I do understand that it gives more damage/crit, which is great for a rogue, but Singe's AA and passive seem much better to me (at least form the description).

Full disclosure: I have NS now and the only arcane pet i have is maridos, so I can't speak out of personal experience about Singe. Just curious whether I am missing something.

Singe's passives are better but 17% damage trumps Singe's 12%. 26.2 damage more is a substantial amount that will negate any benefits you might see from Singe's passive.

The other reason? Cost.

Allows.
05-18-2015, 12:06 PM
Zeus do you notice any bug in the AA?
Coz i dont see any health regen.. lol

Zeus
05-18-2015, 12:10 PM
Coz i dont see any health regen.. lol

No, the AA gives heal if you are close to pet.

Sorcerie
05-18-2015, 12:13 PM
Coz i dont see any health regen.. lolWhen you use the AA you better be right on top of Nightshade or you're not gonna see any health regen.

That's the only feature I don't like about this pet. Why couldn't they make it so that HP goes directly to the player using it? I can't always be right next to my pet in melee range so it basically becomes a 'heal the warrior' pet. :/

Jazzi
05-18-2015, 12:23 PM
Singe's passives are better but 17% damage trumps Singe's 12%. 26.2 damage more is a substantial amount that will negate any benefits you might see from Singe's passive.

The other reason? Cost.

I understand your point of view. As I said I do not own Singe, but the 20% armor reduction from other pets (such as blinky) makes a substantial difference in elite maps. It is very visible in the crits (mine seem to go up by about 1k from aimed shot in planar tombs). Ofc I do not know how often it procs on Singe. Also the 75% stun chance from the AA seems pretty good, especially in the bigs pulls in t3 (This being said in those pulls breeze seems the better choice).

There is no doubt about he cost :)

Kakashis
05-18-2015, 01:15 PM
I will get this pet because aside from my awesome Sam, I vowed only one Arcane pet per Toon to get the value back from them! What you're saying is this pet is the next best thing to nekro and on par/better than Singe and Maridos! I must have this pet Hehe.

At twink levels, I've heard mixed reviews about this pet. Some say that it's like having a few extra para gems. Maridos still grants overall more crit and some nice team buffs! As you said, if everyone on a team has nekro or in this case nightshade now, some other buffing pets will make the team more awesome! Mix and match! Roughly 100 runs to get this awesome pet I've calculated if you get mostly that Payne boss

Bruno Karol
05-20-2015, 07:19 AM
nice :encouragement:

TankingRogue
06-07-2015, 07:28 AM
so lucky we have zeus for this nightshade analysis. i have the best stats with nightshade cause i dont have an arcane pet. so is nightshade the best non-arcane pet for rogue pvp? it has crit debuff and also gives me 6% crit and the aa range is big.

Kakashis
06-07-2015, 03:45 PM
so lucky we have zeus for this nightshade analysis. i have the best stats with nightshade cause i dont have an arcane pet. so is nightshade the best non-arcane pet for rogue pvp? it has crit debuff and also gives me 6% crit and the aa range is big.

yes, the healing factor of this pet at twink levels like 15 and under were unforseen. You can easily survive 3v1 gang!