PDA

View Full Version : Necromancer - Summore class

nazgulking
04-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Hi there folks!

When I choose a MMORPG I always want to see a class in particulcar: the necromancer.
Same applies to PL. Since I've introduced the subclasses issue, this would be a specialization of the general summoner class (the infamous squirrel?).
I'd love to raise the dead enemies to aid me in battle (in Pve) or raise skeletons nd other undeads (in pvp) against my enemies.
The summoner class could rely on another source to cast its sorceries -instead of mana-: runes. A composition of those runes will output in different spells (both offensive and defensive).

I really miss a necromancer class in PL, and you?

Suggestion delivered.

Major
04-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Really id love to have any type of summoner in PL, or even if we could have pets lol. A Necromancer Squirrel, now that would be awesome, who wouldn't play that lol. Runes would bring a whole new thing to PL and might be better just to stay with mana, but still a sweet idea.

morph4290
04-11-2011, 02:04 AM
I would love to see a summoner of some sort, whether its elementals, divine/dark beings, or animals. While Runes would be a cool idea, I also believe that using mana would be fine. Runes would just add another item to our UI, which we really don't need when we're playing on phones and iPods.

nazgulking
04-11-2011, 06:44 AM
Actually i was thinking to remove completely mana and add the runes system. That way you won't take any more space from the UI. :)

P.S. Only for this class

StompArtist
04-11-2011, 08:02 AM
A Necromancer Squirrel, now that would be awesome, who wouldn't play that lol.

Awesome suggestion. You rock!

nazgulking
04-11-2011, 11:59 AM
I would like to expand the rune system:
You will have 4 type of runes based on the 4 elementals: Fire, Water, Air and Earth.
You will have 2-3 runes of each type (can be upgraded, maybe you can start from 1 for each type and when you level up you will upgrade the number of each type you can use).
When you use a skill, it will deplete a certain amount of runes (can be 1 or more runes of the same type or across more than one type of runes) which will regenerate over time (Some skill or gear may have stats that make the regeneration rate quicker).
You will have a spell book (much like the ones you have seen already) that will use a certain amount of runes and will be unlocked during the level up process.
This class could benefit greatly from runes, by enchanting your weapons, but also other characters ones with your runes. This type of crafting could add specific stats (or even procs based on specific rune-based recipes which could be bought from shopkeepers or looted) to armour, weapons helms and shields of any kind.