PDA

View Full Version : Are lvl 50-54 the new N00Bs?

Gaddy
04-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Was in a game last night and some little snot was whining because a lvl 54 showed up! Lvl 54?!?

C'mon ppl, enough with the pointless elitism! Is someone with one less skill point and no sewer-king gear gonna throw off your game that much?

Fatpigwarrior
04-10-2011, 06:43 PM
no not exactly i'd say probs 50 new noob but if you know the sewer well E.G dragging then ur not a noob

Ellyidol
Lol, by no means.

I don't see being a "noob" in the level, but in how they play. A level 40 can be as good as a "noob" 55, IMO.

I boot low level'd people in BS (anything below 48), not because I think they're noobs, but just inappropriate level.

Survivorfan
No some people want people at 55-56 because it moves the game along quicker. I honestly don't see that much of a difference

Conradin
04-10-2011, 06:50 PM
well, many lvl 55's and 56's are actually noobs. most have been playing about 3 weeks and power lvl quick. as elly said, noob is how you play, not your lvl tho.

Ayrilana
04-10-2011, 06:58 PM
well, many lvl 55's and 56's are actually noobs. most have been playing about 3 weeks and power lvl quick. as elly said, noob is how you play, not your lvl tho.

Took like 5 min to kill gold fever with a bunch of 54's and 55's.

Otukura
04-10-2011, 07:00 PM
I mainly kick for below level 45, or REALLY bad gear... I don't care if they're level 50, if they're wearing level 20 stuff, bye. Or if they have really low kill counts.. (bears excluded, but I still want over 2.5k).

Radicalee
04-10-2011, 07:02 PM
i guess they boot higher lvls to get lvl 51 and 53 pinks for some reason these are classified as rares, that is why when a player is higher than 53 the Pink is automaticly lvl 55, its for farming purposes

Arterra
04-10-2011, 07:03 PM
i keep getting aggro. all of it. hate/death/sent gear. level is not everything.

giayuan
04-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Nope not noobs necessarily. Some may be alts too.. like i was on my lvl50 bear, my pulls werent as great as ellyidols, but they were above decency and i kept aggro during boss fights. and on my lvl50 bird when i started leveling it a few weeks ago, I constantly had aggro too.. same case with others.

Doubletime
04-10-2011, 07:12 PM

Conradin gets it right. I don't consider anyone a noob that knows their character and how to use their skills, throw combos, etc. Level really isn't all that important. In the sewers, however, gear does make a difference. A certain level of gear is required to do sufficient damage and sustain your health. Level 50 sets are fine, but lower gear can really slow down a run. That is the only reason I am sometimes a little frustrated at people lower than 50 running sewer boards. It is also why I check the min. level requirement when I host games there.

Mothwing
04-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Well some of the stuff youre saying makes sense, but if a group of lvl 55/56's would like to farm using only elite levels, its not wrong. It goes MUCH faster using the higher levels to farm instead of dragging lower levels behind them. With my experience in sewers, its much better hosting your own game instead of wasting a forum post on how someone complained about a lvl 54. If we all posted that, the forum would be filled with spam.

Mothwing
04-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Conradin gets it right. I don't consider anyone a noob that knows their character and how to use their skills, throw combos, etc. Level really isn't all that important. In the sewers, however, gear does make a difference. A certain level of gear is required to do sufficient damage and sustain your health. Level 50 sets are fine, but lower gear can really slow down a run. That is the only reason I am sometimes a little frustrated at people lower than 50 running sewer boards. It is also why I check the min. level requirement when I host games there.
Even lvl 50 gear...lmao

giayuan
04-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Well some of the stuff youre saying makes sense, but if a group of lvl 55/56's would like to farm using only elite levels, its not wrong. It goes MUCH faster using the higher levels to farm instead of dragging lower levels behind them. With my experience in sewers, its much better hosting your own game instead of wasting a forum post on how someone complained about a lvl 54. If we all posted that, the forum would be filled with spam.

o-O this thread is fine..
and this thread is also about how below lvl55/56 people may NOT have to be dragged around. As me and arterra i think (too lazy to go back and check) said, lvl50s still get aggro if lvl55/56 are the noobs, not the lvl54 and below people.

ICantSpel
04-11-2011, 01:36 AM
Seen a 52 way pull and wall beckon perfectly , seen a 55 with wall-phobia who just makes it last that much longer , its how you play that determines skill but if your lvl 49 in sewers I'm not really up for ;/

davidis57
04-11-2011, 01:42 AM
I get aggro a lot which is understandable cause being a bird they lock on to players giving damage.

Timbabird
lvl 55

Riccits
04-11-2011, 01:48 AM
my bear a noob..? ;(

Tamino
04-11-2011, 04:07 AM
I think aggro is not a criteria - I got Goldfever aggro since I was a Lev 52 Mage almost everytime, because I already get the red orb on right. And yes, many 51-53 are completely unaware of basic BS techniques. I saw lev 48 bears making a decent job in BS because they know how to move, and lev 54 systematically breaking trashcan in Cockroach. I started to valuate kills more than level...

Suntv
04-11-2011, 05:53 AM
Just look at the kill/death streak of players. You can never know for certain, but:
- level 50+ players with less then 5000 kills are certified fast levelers and possibly stil 'green'. It's unknown if they are experienced, because they might have lot of caracters so their kills are spread.
- level 50+ players with less then 500 deaths are (1) either really good, or (2) bears or (3) profiting from others and so fast levelers.

Of course some are just plain good, but that should show in their kill/death ratio all together. I think players are experienced if they've killed more then 15.000 mobs.

Riccits
04-11-2011, 06:16 AM
IMO to use a class good u need 10k kills.

Duke
04-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Before I hit 55 (finally!) on my main, I only got asked to leave one Sewers game, and that was a group that was farming level 53 gear, so totally understandable.

drewcapu
04-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Farming 53s now?

I'm still trying to get rid of my L53 gear ;)

There are noobs in all levels, even 55/56, believe it or not.

You can't even necessarily look at K/D. You won't really know someone is a noob until you watch them play.

LADYHADASSA
04-11-2011, 01:37 PM
I agree with the earlier posts anyone can be a noob, when i do something stupid i call myself a noob, skill without question measures if someone is really a noob, I have a lvl 51 account and can tell you that lvl 51 crew rocks the maps there are no 5 min boss kills. ( 5-8 min boss kills with the 55-56 teams in most cases) i also have a lvl 37 pally that i have brought to our maps potted i can run the maps better than many at 55-56, you ever want a good laugh bring up an account not many know and let them know your main when they begin with the noob, boot the lower etc the response is silence..amazing how many friends a low lvl potted account can have when they are the only survivor threw the masses.. ( i am not saying all people have the skill to do this) judgment of lv can be a hazard assuming makes a what out of you and me? lol lol lol

What i can see is many lower lvls play the game hard as they can they have something to prove, that something is that they are skilled so sometimes, lvl 55-56 ought to let a lower join here ( i am not speaking of the lvl "s such a 1 or 8 ) or there, like a broken record i continue to say, take the time to teach and let others learn raises excellent. teams.................

Doubletime
04-11-2011, 02:37 PM
I have a lvl 51 account and can tell you that lvl 51 crew rocks the maps there are no 5 min boss kills.

Yeah, I have to agree here. When I farmed 51 gear with Riccits, our group of 51s could clear Stronghold faster than most 55 level PUGs I have been in. It is about player skill and knowledge, not level.

StompArtist
04-11-2011, 03:19 PM
No. The noobs are simply leveling up. I am sure some of them have the crown of persistence too!

Rebel
04-11-2011, 03:28 PM
The amount of kills you have really has nothing to do with your skill. My enchantress barely has 5k kills, yet I know perfectly well how to play her.

Fawayleik
04-11-2011, 05:40 PM
For fast sewerruns you need a 55-56 bear with full fury,
1-2 birds with 55 raid roach recurve for highest dmg on bosses,
And 1-2 nukemages for cleaning mobpulls/lures.
Usually you have 1 or 2 spot free for 54 and below. Not more.
Its sweet playing if your party do it easy and fast and you can do it hours on hours.
If you playing longer time you know your buddys and build up your optimal
party. When you got a good team, the host do a remake (rmk), that can be many many runs and if one of your member dont join quick enough and a new player join, this player usually kicked out. It is not always the lvl.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-11-2011, 05:55 PM
i dont think its really there lvl but how good they play.. if they know what there doing.. what kills me the most when u got one mage and they never heal or rev.. huge pain or when the bear in the group does not use aggro.. just basically silly things that some players forget but that was makes someone good and really good.. or pro.. :)

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Its sweet playing if your party do it easy and fast and you can do it hours on hours.
party. When you got a good team, the host do a remake (rmk), that can be many many runs and if one of your member dont join quick enough and a new player join, this player usually kicked out. It is not always the lvl.

yueah what he said lmao..

davidis57
04-11-2011, 06:28 PM
I was just in a group of 53-54's. They invited me a lvl 55. They kept booting lvl 51's and 52's. When we got to fever they really sucked. They sucked leading up to fever. I had to laugh how bad they were. I finally lay dead by fever when they all left after everyone died 3 or 4 times. I think I was the only archer amoungst 3 mages. They were not even good mages. I removed the Guy off my list who invited me cause he was terrible.

Leiver
04-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Obviously I've not reached the sewers yet a my main is only 45 but I know how to play a good game. It's so obvious when you do a few runs of a map if a player in your group is experienced or has just been powerlevelled. I was doing runs of PP on my Mage today in a group with a 46 Mage and a bear and two birds who were all under 40 and we were clearing the map except boss rooms (down to about 40 remaining) before elixers ran out so was taking less than 5 mins. I've seen groups of level 50's struggle to do the same job in that time. We all used our skills to compliment each other and worked as a team.

I intend to stick to PP until my Mage and bear are both 48 then do AO3 until 52 or 53 before attempting the sewers.

I fully understand why people get irritated by lower levels getting in on their runs and respect that, which is why I wait patiently and learn my characters properly as I go along.

Quite amusing when I see players the same level as me who have been playing the game two days and don't know anything about their character. At the end of the day, they will get bored quickly and move on to other games. I'll enjoy my time here for a while to come :-)

Prest87
04-11-2011, 10:16 PM
I'm lvl 54 and I'm sure I'm not a noob seeing as how I joined before the swamps!

LADYHADASSA
04-11-2011, 10:40 PM

Again let me say that the lvl 51 crews i run with rock sewers, no one NEEDS to have a 55-56 ( i have a 56) even with the set up you shared, i have to disagree...there are many 55-56 who can not use skills... That being said again as others share it is skill.

Agree on the join quick or not so quick joins from running team members this happens often, and you are right the lvl does not matter.... Lol when i am running 51 if you are above 52 you get the boot because the only way to farm 51 is to have players 52 and below..

I also agree that teams who run together often can indeed rock a map :) again it is skills..