PDA

View Full Version : Top 25

twoxc
05-20-2015, 11:41 AM
If I had known it was TOP 25 to receive goblin banner. I would have went for it. Huge mess up.

Akatsuuki
05-20-2015, 11:47 AM
Very messed up !!!

Ovve
05-20-2015, 11:56 AM
+1 for this !!!

G-M
05-20-2015, 11:59 AM
Hi there. I understand your frustration. The reason we made this change was because a typo in the game said that the goblin vanity helm would go to top 10 players, when it actually went to the top 3. We felt it right to honor what we said in game so we changed the prize structure to reward the top 10 players with that vanity helm. That in turn required adjusting the rest of the tier rewards and again we felt it best to increase the number of prizes rather than remove any prizes.

twoxc
05-20-2015, 12:03 PM
Mind as well make the BANNER tradable. Like leprechaun event. Since now you allow more people to earn profit in return by selling those GAS MASK. Even if they probably won't worth much.

Akatsuuki
05-20-2015, 12:08 PM
It doesn't justify things for banners I could have atheist maintain for top 25 before I quit running I was top 25 over all and top 21 on rouge I realized I wasn't worthy if I have to deal with the top 10 it will cost me so much but how can I catch up now that the event is just 24 hours away before it ends I can't afford running 24 hours straight and hunt 100x 5th boss or 200x major Payne? This is just unfair

KingMartin
05-20-2015, 12:08 PM
Absolutely. I wasted 300 plats running for LB the first evening. I quit after Carapace clearly answered that only top 10 get the banner.

I was never so disappointed in this game before.

KingMartin
05-20-2015, 12:10 PM
Hi there. I understand your frustration. The reason we made this change was because a typo in the game said that the goblin vanity helm would go to top 10 players, when it actually went to the top 3. We felt it right to honor what we said in game so we changed the prize structure to reward the top 10 players with that vanity helm. That in turn required adjusting the rest of the tier rewards and again we felt it best to increase the number of prizes rather than remove any prizes.

And how about the banner??? Carapace clearly said it was TOP10 only and Remiem edited initial post in that way too. And now you change the rules when it's too late to return to the LB????? Incredible, honestly.

Zeus
05-20-2015, 12:26 PM
As long as both prizes are not able to be traded, I don't see a potential issue aside from regrets.

Akatsuuki
05-20-2015, 12:34 PM
Mask is treadable while banner isn't still unfair regrets? That's a last minute change of prize that's unfain if I was 3 that's or more somehow when people can blast running and rest abit or can sleep at least 6-8 hours that's what I call fair but this one isn't u have 24 hours left before event ends and 10k points as margin is just impossible to accomplish u need 100x last boss or 200x major

twoxc
05-20-2015, 12:39 PM
As long as both prizes are not able to be traded, I don't see a potential issue aside from regrets.

both prizes Mask and Banner are NOT TRADABLE? If so sure I don't have a problem except regrets. But as I see it Vanities prizes are tradable and banners aren't. Also I feel sorry for the top 3 of each class, they worked hard to maintain and kept the lead to be the only 3 of their class to have that vanity. Now there will be 10 in total possibly more due to TIES. This is basically all mess up.

Spell
05-20-2015, 12:40 PM

Um no..make justbthe banner untradable.... Thats silly to cut off vanity....

twoxc
05-20-2015, 12:43 PM

Lia i'll buy your ugly mask with my ugly gold okay? lol there will be 9 others possibly more competing to sell these ugly mask hahaha.

Zeus
05-20-2015, 12:53 PM

If developers follow through on your idea, then they basically give 7 players free gold that were not actually competing for top 3. That is why I stated that both should be non-tradable. It's the wiser choice, really. It still counts as a surprise to the 7 players that were not expecting to win anything but banner, so what is the harm?

Bunny♥
05-20-2015, 12:55 PM
who buys these masks @@ LET ME KNOW :O

Jazzi
05-20-2015, 01:04 PM
At least make all 50 positions visible please! I was in the top 25 until Monday. I stopped running because of work, etc. Currently I have 600 points less than the 25th rogue. Would be nice to know if there are 1 or 20 people before me. If it is 1-5 i might give it a go. Would be my first ever event banner :)

P.S. really don't care if any of the prizes are trade-able or not.

twoxc
05-20-2015, 01:08 PM
At least make all 50 positions visible please! I was in the top 25 until Monday. I stopped running because of work, etc. Currently I have 600 points less than the 25th rogue. Would be nice to know if there are 1 or 20 people before me. If it is 1-5 i might give it a go. Would be my first ever event banner :)

P.S. really don't care if any of the prizes are trade-able or not.

Doesn't matter if there's 1-5 or 10-20 people in between lol. If you can get those 600 fast and pass that 25th obviously you're in the top 25th.

Imsofancy
05-20-2015, 01:11 PM
Im #128,923,423 on lb, what rewards am I getting?

Candylicks
05-20-2015, 01:12 PM
Wait why are you guys complaining, they are giving out more prizes? How is that a problem? Did everyone think only top 3 get gas masks and now it's 10?

Ent
05-20-2015, 01:13 PM
who buys these masks @@ LET ME KNOW :O
Moi! Le most ebil cat of all Enticats ingame!

But seriously, even ebil collectors like me won't pay over 5m for that "thing"

Candylicks
05-20-2015, 01:16 PM
For Ent:

merch_master
05-20-2015, 01:34 PM
Wait why are you guys complaining, they are giving out more prizes? How is that a problem? Did everyone think only top 3 get gas masks and now it's 10?
Because getting in top 10 for the banner was tough and top 25, while much easier was not worth it for 50 ankhs.
Now its too late and whatever effort had been made earlier to get in there then give up, is now thrown in our faces :(

Spell
05-20-2015, 01:55 PM
Sts i just hope this gas mask has tons of green gas emmiting from it!! Pleasssse or else it will just be a dull helm ;-;

Probationer
05-20-2015, 01:58 PM
Well, atleast you have your stable to keep you company ;)

twoxc
05-20-2015, 01:59 PM
Sts i just hope this gas mask has tons of green gas emmiting from it!! Pleasssse or else it will just be a dull helm ;-;

LMFAO. I will buy it Lia. If it has tons of green deadly gas emitting it xD.

Imsofancy
05-20-2015, 02:13 PM
LMFAO. I will buy it Lia. If it has tons of green deadly gas emitting it xD.

You do know the purpose of a gas mask is too keep the gas OUT of it right? xD

twoxc
05-20-2015, 02:23 PM
You do know the purpose of a gas mask is too keep the gas OUT of it right? xD

I know that's why I want it LOL

Ardbeg
05-20-2015, 02:46 PM
i want to use this place to raise awareness to another big issue:

during the first goblin test event last year tanks did not have the slightest chance to compete due to a combined lb board for all classes. a whole class was locked out from getting a special pet in tournament.
the next event s there were different leaderboards for each classes. what does that mean: lots of drama. rogues competing in rogue lb don t need a tank as handbrake. and the tanks with the best rogue friends (and maul and sns) win the warrior lb. i was no 1 tank during helloween event and you have no idea how much pressure this put on our guild.
please keep party dynamics in mind when designing event lbs, so far most events are simply for rogues or players with the most rogue friends.

Madnex
05-20-2015, 02:51 PM
For those looking for someone to blame, I just want to add that this is all Ent's fault. That is all.

twoxc
05-20-2015, 02:55 PM

during the first goblin test event last year tanks did not hahe the slightest chance to compete due to a combined lb board for all classes. a whole class was locked out from getting a special pet in tournament.
the next event s there were different leaderboards for each classes. what does that mean: lots of drama. rogues competing in rogue lb don t need a tank as handbrake. and the tanks with the best rogud friends (and maul and sns) win the warrior lb. i was no 1 tank during helloween event and you have no idea how much pressure this put on our guild.
please keep party dynamics in mind when designing event lbs, so far most events are simply for rogues or players with the most rogue friends.

That I totally agree with you. make mobs more deadly xD instead of 1hit wonder lol. increase more mobs kill require for boss to spawn and group mob more together so tank and mage is require to survive and kill them faster hehe.

twoxc
05-20-2015, 02:57 PM
For those looking for someone to blame, I just want to add that this is all Ent's fault. That is all.

LOL please clarify xD.

Soullesmage
05-20-2015, 03:16 PM

during the first goblin test event last year tanks did not have the slightest chance to compete due to a combined lb board for all classes. a whole class was locked out from getting a special pet in tournament.
the next event s there were different leaderboards for each classes. what does that mean: lots of drama. rogues competing in rogue lb don t need a tank as handbrake. and the tanks with the best rogue friends (and maul and sns) win the warrior lb. i was no 1 tank during helloween event and you have no idea how much pressure this put on our guild.

I dissagree with this :) . Lbkillerhm doesnt have sns, and hasnt been running with people that have it. He has been running with rogues, but normally just 2. Sometimes i run with him too (an average player with mythic armor and ring). We (his guild) just let him know when we get bonus, and him and his party join. I kind of agree with the rogue friends though.

Ent
05-20-2015, 03:17 PM
That I totally agree with you. make mobs more deadly xD instead of 1hit wonder lol. increase more mobs kill require for boss to spawn and group mob more together so tank and mage is require to survive and kill them faster hehe.

"How dare you accuse an innocent cat out of the blue at all! I demand purrrroof!"
*quickly burns evidence, sleeps on chair looking innocent*

johnsr
05-20-2015, 03:22 PM
I dissagree with this :) . Lbkillerhm doesnt have sns, and hasnt been running with people that have it. He has been running with rogues, but normally just 2. Sometimes i run with him too (an average player with mythic armor and ring). We (his guild) just let him know when we get bonus, and him and his party join. I kind of agree with the rogue friends though.

The point here is that there is no incentive for anyone to run with tanks for LB events. I am fortunate to have enough close friends to run with but I eventually bowed out of top 25 in helloween event simply because my friends were not always online and when running random it was almost always 4 tanks or 3 tanks and a mage or rogue. The game mechanics today favor an all rogue party vs a mixed party. If you look at the current record holders its always an all rogue party and sometimes with a mage. I have not seen any tanks on the board in quite some time.

Ardbeg
05-20-2015, 03:26 PM

he s a great and fun player i regularily ran arena with during double odds on arena chests (heya, boot!). but in current lb there s simply not much to win. this event is more about getting nightshade then everything else.

twoxc
05-20-2015, 03:29 PM
The point here is that there is no incentive for anyone to run with tanks for LB events. I am fortunate to have enough close friends to run with but I eventually bowed out of top 25 in helloween event simply because my friends were not always online and when running random it was almost always 4 tanks or 3 tanks and a mage or rogue. The game mechanics today favor an all rogue party vs a mixed party. If you look at the current record holders its always an all rogue party and sometimes with a mage. I have not seen any tanks on the board in quite some time.

AGREED. If only sts could specifically class specify party for event. for example "MUST have rogue, tank and mage to enter portal xD a 4th member don't matter which class." Also if sts is able to NERF rogue's damage for CTF and TDM, then i'm sure they are allow to BUFF tank damage by a lot in events map?

BaronB
05-20-2015, 07:40 PM

Whoooo what a thread to walk into...

Firstly thank you for having the curtsey of honouring a typing mistake when there wasnt need, a shame it seems only one other person picked up on this gesture of good will.

I am curious however to under why not everyone who makes it to the leaderboards dosnt get a banner (including top 50 rather then just 25) so they can show off their hardwork and achievement to others by getting onto leaderboards?

As standard all banners should be untradeable as thats what makes them unique to each event and achievement.

For somethings in game if you want to look pretty then you should have to work for it to keep a happy balance of grafting and just being lazy an buying up everything.
A great way to truely afterwards help ones self gain real appreciation to what they get for the graft.

In terms of vanity however, one can appreciate the costs and time spent on running to a poll position so having something to be able to recoup some of the expenses on running costly events would in my opinion at least be rude to deny players of that privilege.

If anything the players maybe that are receiving the free helms offered by the gesture of.good will, their given vanties be untradeable as they were not supposed to have it in the first place.

Giving everyone that made lb a banner has been a tradition as such since these events were introduced which is a great flag of achievement for any player that has done well.(of course not tradeable)

To make such a change because a few players willlcbe getting a freebie well... just dosnt seem to fit right.

Mentioned before was about the first lb event being mixed class, so warriors got left out of a chance of earning rewards was clearly a learning curb and events going forward saw the right changes being made for the right reasons by introducing separate lbs for class.

Unfair as we now know looking back the past it was, we must accept that at least right measures have been taken to avoid those mistakes again.

I will agree with warriors needing a look at but maybe only so far we can go with the charactors and maybe look more into map dynamics and how each class can compliment the other in different zones of Arlor.

1 <3

kixkaxx
05-21-2015, 10:04 AM
I always think tank's axe throw should have 100% chance to crit 500x dmg in PvE and reduce armor by 200%.. Then it's balanced.