PDA

View Full Version : Goblin event - HITS and MISSES

merch_master
05-20-2015, 01:27 PM
This is purely my opinion and based off of goblin event as a standalone event ( no comparisons or changes related to previous events)
The goblin event certainly had a mix of the good and the bad
HITS
Altars - Good farmable value. No need to be rich in gold or indiscriminate in plat usage to run events.
Altars were fun, and took power from the plat users atleast to an extent, no top boss for plat spams.
I personally had a lot of fun with my guild behind altars and made some nee friends :)

Pets-
Nilbog and Nightshade were certainly hits, even with the nilbog nerf.
While gold tier was slightly too easy, nilbog as a pet is still good enough to be among my round of commonly used legendaries.
Nightshade was always a real good pet, now available to the masses. Nothing much needs to be said there.

Misses
Lazy STS-
First was the gyrm egg trolling. A recoloured lock seemed too much graphic work it seems. Fortunately it has been rectified today
I know new gear would be a waste right now, but even the vanities just being a recolour shows lot of disinterest. There was nothing new except nilbog ( another recolour) and that is pretty sad

LB worthlessness-
Originally, a not-too-good looking vanity for top 3, a good banner for top 10 and 50 lol-worthy ankhs for top 25 are no reasons to run an lb for. Atleast the top 25 could have been a new title
Secondly, STS has decided to make the banner top 25 and vanity top 10 ......which has just made the crowd of giver- ups (including me) very frustrated.

There have been some more stuff that was neither a hit nor a miss
Gyrm- As a direct boss drop off in altar runs along with being in greatet guilded, this returning pet would have been a great farm IF NOT for the pet crates thst crashed its value
It still has some farmable value, not a complete miss

Gold farming- After the 2k liquidation error, it seems after ns, there is nothing much to hold my attraction in the token collection
However, opening hoarded ( can contain energy kit, 5k, 2k, ankh, useless stuff) for 5 token each using solely altar runs can still give me 35-40k per hour, which isnt too bad. Still there needed to be better farmability in the event.
This was my experience, I would love any feedback and to hear about your own :)

twoxc
05-20-2015, 01:31 PM
lol nvm you had already mention it. but yea over it's not a bad event. pretty good and fun.

Probationer
05-20-2015, 02:13 PM
lol nvm you had already mention it. but yea over it's not a bad event. pretty good and fun.

Tedious...but fun none the less, but it's over once you have your reward - NIGHTSHADE.

First event I feel The reward was well worth earning.