PDA

View Full Version : The Sewers have become the Shadow caves as far as pink drops go.

modredd
04-10-2011, 11:39 PM
I played about maybe 12 hours this weekend and saw only two pink drops both recipes
I understands the majority of people above 50 are level 55 and maybe this is some attempt to get the prices backed up on these items
Whatever the cause I think it blows, I think it's not fair and not fun!
Last week six out of seven games I played in a row had pink drops, One game even had two at the same time!I have never seen that in the sewers, and they were both big bucks.
One was the mega mage wand and the other was that pink sword that's always 1,000,000 dollars.
You will tell me its random and chance but this weekend was awful.:mad:

Kindread
04-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Its definitely random and you're just on a bad streak. Just keep going at it and eventually you'll get it. Did you make sure to equip your Big Luck vanity? *duck*

modredd
04-11-2011, 12:00 AM
They were winning browns today. Today you could have the baby Jesus with you and you would be lucky if you got a purple!
The best time I ever had was when the Shadow caves came out and when you killed a boss everybody got a pink,
I had full shadowgear on 3 characters within 3 hours.
Then everybody got in an uproar( specifically people selling items, not the ones getting them) because all the prices took a nosedive and the Devs changed the drop rate 2 days later and added shields, made the Shadow caves appear less etc...
Selling all of that is how my level 55 mage has the full megamage set now. I had to pay top dollar for every piece.
I think you should get the pink of your choice on your birthday!

Moogerfooger
04-11-2011, 12:12 AM
I went three weeks in the Sewers and got one Fury helm, while I saw others getting multiple pinks...I was about to give up. Then I got three pinks in one day. I think it roughly all balances out over time; it just sucks when you are on a dry spell.

kallima
04-11-2011, 12:20 AM
But then everyone would ask for the vyxnar helmet of hate if it was a bday wish. Nothing rare and exciting there if devs did that. Just be patient, I went 2-3 weeks without one and then in one week I got one per day, sometimes two! The drought is back for me; I know it's fleeting but I'll be pretty in pink soon enough! :) 100% drop rate is too much of a good thing, IMO.

Besides, devs have some updates coming to celebrate PL's anniversary, I'm too excited to see what they have in store to be down about the pink plight. Good luck though! (no shamrock reference intended) ;p

modredd
04-11-2011, 12:22 AM
Everybody was in a dry spell and it was very noticeable and apparent.
But Ive had my lucky days as well.
I played the shadow caves 2 weeks ago for the first time in months, I won the mages armor and everybody else won white.
You could have knocked me over with a feather I was so shocked.

modredd
04-11-2011, 12:26 AM
I'm a mage can I even use that helmet everybody thinks is the holy grail,that I can't pronounce
I have my crown for being a level 56 I'm happy with that.
If I could have anything I want a full set of shadow gear for my archer.
Love the way that looks!

modredd
04-11-2011, 12:31 AM
In all honesty as much money as I've spent on this game, I would like more than the occasional antenna.
Do something special do something big, I have a feeling we made these guys pretty rich.
It's a revolutionary game, How about they give back to us a little bit.
I am anxious to see what the year anniversary celebration will bestow upon us.
It better not be a pair of antenna.

kallima
04-11-2011, 12:34 AM
I have an extra sentinel wing and armor if you're interested in buying. Already sold the extra shotgun but I may have the melee weapons. Just let me know.

P.S. I may be wrong but your sig has a typo on your main, u have it Moderdd but I remember it being same as your forum name, just thought I would point it out in case I'm right. That way if people are adding you, they are adding right person.

EpuYue
04-11-2011, 12:37 AM
It seems many players are going through a 'dry spell'.. I've farmed for days on end without receiving a single pink and it's kinda demoralising. :( On average, I've probably seen only 1 pink drop out of like 10 or so games and sadly I'm not the one getting it.

Pandamoni
04-11-2011, 12:41 AM
I got fury armor on the first day that BS was released. I didn't get another pink until this week! I got the sewer queen staff and the next day got a mega mage cowl. Not the most pricy pinks but at least they were better than the multiple oranges I'm getting.

I have mixed feelings about increasing the drop rate.

karmakali
04-11-2011, 12:47 AM
Ebb and flow. Some days/weeks nothing. Some days 5 valuable pinks. Play for the fun of it, pot minimally and it is icing on the cake if we get pinks. It wouldn't be fun if it was the rule instead of the exception! :)

Practice good karma.....get good karma :)

kallima
04-11-2011, 12:53 AM
In all honesty as much money as I've spent on this game, I would like more than the occasional antenna.
Do something special do something big, I have a feeling we made these guys pretty rich.
It's a revolutionary game, How about they give back to us a little bit.
I am anxious to see what the year anniversary celebration will bestow upon us.
It better not be a pair of antenna.

We have all spent money on this game and the amount is relative to what our budget allows. We all would like to see our own personal preferences/ideas implemented but we are not the devs. I personally hope they did get rich, filthy rich, SO rich that they don't have to stifle their creative vision pandering to corporate politics.

They don't HAVE to give back, they choose to, that in itself is gift enough. Personally I would be content with pink antennae. I'm not brown-nosing, but really, what other game have you played where you even had the opportunity to give feedback knowing it would be received, read, and considered?

ICantSpel
04-11-2011, 01:26 AM
When I got 55 first thing I thought was FARM FOR FURY!!!1one! Plasma 3k per 5mins took AGES so got bored there n went vyx , first kill.vyx of legend I was like OMG , 2nd kill conq ursan I was going crazy , then nothing for the next hour. So I out come back bit later go vyx and conq vyx then jewel thiefs avian drops I'm like OMG my gf went whaaa lol , pinks do come when we want them most ;D , sold both helms n picked up a fury sword for 300k ;D L55

davidis57
04-11-2011, 01:29 AM
Dry spell? If drops were water I would died of thirst by now. I would like one nice pink to sell so I can buy a raid recurve.

Sky../
04-11-2011, 01:48 AM
Ebb and flow. Some days/weeks nothing. Some days 5 valuable pinks. Play for the fun of it, pot minimally and it is icing on the cake if we get pinks. It wouldn't be fun if it was the rule instead of the exception! :)

Says she who always gets the good pinks. :p

Slush
04-11-2011, 01:48 AM
solution: make drop rates the same as premium pinks in ao3 (by premium, i mean void, rift, cosmos not destiny and stuff)

Ellyidol
04-11-2011, 01:55 AM
Not to be taking sides here, but I actually like the drop rate now.

I myself just came from a week or so dry spell, so it's not like I'm racking up the pinks which makes me favour the drop rate now.

The issue I see if drop rates are put down to like Ao3, is that "farming" actually becomes almost useless. We know how low Ao3 prices dropped to, I remember listing my 3rd Void Wing for 999 gold.

I would hate for that to happen to BS. I think it's a good idea to keep it that way so that we, as players, can actually still farm. We all know how prices of items from Ao2 CTK maps dropped, especially since it was considered the XP map. As of now, helmets like the RR Cap, Fury Helm, and MM Cowl are already dropping to as low as 50k per piece, granted that the Crown might be part of the reason, but imagine how much lower it would be if drop rate was doubled?

In the short run, low pink drop rates definitely bite. In the long run, however, lower drop rates keep the life of the campaign longer, as well as the stuff to do for players. Hopefully you can see it too :)

Ayrilana
04-11-2011, 02:05 AM
Drop rate is fine where it is.

Luchta
04-11-2011, 02:05 AM
I've had a dry spell and it's on again. It was a 1 pink every 5-7 days. That isn't bad since I do 20-30 runs per day hoping my sewer leather drops for me. To me it's like a normal thing. If it dropped daily, I could have or many people would have already stopped playing.

Riccits
04-11-2011, 02:12 AM
drop rate is fine, low but ok. maps like cockroach ones can be cleared so fast, u can make so many tries in one hour...
grinding to 56 and farming equip keeps ppl playing, if this werent so many ppl would stop playing since a while...

Genes
04-11-2011, 02:27 AM
I like the current drop rate because it makes me want to play when I'm skiving, when I'm working, when I'm having my meals, when I'm in the toilet and when I'm sleeping...

Best of all, the sense of satisfaction after you get a pink drop that you want.

MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND
04-11-2011, 02:46 AM
I never get pinks in sewers i havent even looted one!Except i looted a recipe thats all. ;(

davidis57
04-11-2011, 03:49 AM
The only real problem prices are rediculous. If we could keep the same drop rate and lower prices than great. I am lvling 56 slowly. It gets really boring grinding. I have about 55k experience to go. I refuse to XP all day and night. Getting pink keeps you going long droughts make want to do something else.

Ellyidol
04-11-2011, 03:59 AM
The only real problem prices are rediculous. If we could keep the same drop rate and lower prices than great. I am lvling 56 slowly. It gets really boring grinding. I have about 55k experience to go. I refuse to XP all day and night. Getting pink keeps you going long droughts make want to do something else.

Prices will drop, eventually. Prices are still high and very slowly decreasing because there are still loads of players that still want to buy them. When those people are done, less and less people would be wanting the item, resulting in intense price competition. Supply and demand.

Riccits
04-11-2011, 05:16 AM
prices will sink in genrally in the future, global money is sinking fast by the whole amount of pots using.

Suntv
04-11-2011, 05:39 AM
Until last week I never got any pink drop in Sewers. Last week I got 6 lv 55 pink drops in two days:
- 2x mega mage gemstone robe (within 4 runs of eachother after 7 runs)
- 2x raid roach gemstone leather (within 1 run after 12 runs)
- 1x mega mage gemstone cowl (after 10 runs)
- 1x sewer queen robes (after 5 runs)
Guess the game balances itself out eventually. On the other hand it was right after I gave about 40 pinks away to lower level players the week before. Guess it's true that when you give, eventually you receive!

Arterra
04-11-2011, 07:00 AM
Saw 4 pinks yesterday, after about 2 weeks dry. Gemstone helm, sword, sewer plate, and raid helm (last one mine)

StompArtist
04-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Are you using big luck? Also make sure to swap to big love at the bandit queen it raises the chances of a good drop by roughly 50%.

Baked-Potato
04-11-2011, 10:28 AM
I finally got my very first BS pink last night. Got the Sewer Kings Scarab Bow thingy or whatever its called. Only took till April d:

FluffNStuff
04-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Got 5 pinks from the sewers, all pretty close to each other. That's just the way luck happens.

RedRyder
04-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Lol I've still only gotten one pink, and it was only a gemshard wand, and one other pink drop

Kindread
04-11-2011, 11:38 AM
I think its all relative to how hard people hit farming. I was farming like a maniac for a good time and got about a total of 15 pink drops in BS. I don't farm as much anymore and am waiting for the anniversary party to start.

neko
04-11-2011, 11:44 AM

That's the exact frame of mind I have when I go into the game. If I were to play it simply to farm pinks, the anticipation would leave me with disappointment and dejection when it doesn't happen. Why wouldn't I if pinks were the first and only thing on my mind? I see people running maps with yellow elixirs and then throwing profanities when it doesn't reroll, and especially if they die at the boss and losing everything.

If it happens, awesome. If it doesn't let's hope the next run will prove otherwise. I'm like karmakali: I play for the fun of it, gain XP, try to improve my K/D ratio, and if a pink drops, woot, if not, repeat.

Another way to put it is that I keep my expectations low. I've gone through dozens and dozens of games without a pink, and pink streaks that have embarrassed me and probably ticked off others. Law of Averages? Maybe, but keeping the anticipation low makes that next pink that much more worthwhile.

Doubletime
04-11-2011, 02:32 PM
That's the exact frame of mind I have when I go into the game. If I were to play it simply to farm pinks, the anticipation would leave me with disappointment and dejection when it doesn't happen. Why wouldn't I if pinks were the first and only thing on my mind? I see people running maps with yellow elixirs and then throwing profanities when it doesn't reroll, and especially if they die at the boss and losing everything.

If it happens, awesome. If it doesn't let's hope the next run will prove otherwise. I'm like karmakali: I play for the fun of it, gain XP, try to improve my K/D ratio, and if a pink drops, woot, if not, repeat.

Another way to put it is that I keep my expectations low. I've gone through dozens and dozens of games without a pink, and pink streaks that have embarrassed me and probably ticked off others. Law of Averages? Maybe, but keeping the anticipation low makes that next pink that much more worthwhile.

I don't know about the drop rates being nerfed. Every time I hit a dry spell I think the same thing. I didn't get anything but a Raid Cap this weekend and I was pretty bummed. But then I hear people on here say they go weeks without a pink. And Mits tells me he saw a good number of high value pink drops to others this weekend, so it is probably just my luck for the time being. I may be one of the luckiest people in the game since I rarely go longer than two days without one. I just don't know. Maybe it would be a better measure if checked hours of play between pinks, because I suspect I also play more than most. I'll give that a shot.

And Neko -- congrats on getting your second toon to 56 last night. Now you have to work on your bear. lol.

Riccits
04-11-2011, 02:40 PM
i think i got ca. 15 total, but some was crap like dagger, recipe or battle swords...
at least it was about 1500 boss runs or more..

Echelong
04-11-2011, 02:58 PM
I was on a dry run too for about two weeks and then on this weekend I get two recipes and a FF armor in a few runs. Its just more luck than anything but perseverance wins all the time. I find it I get more pinks when I stick with one group of farming for at least one or two hours. And this weekend I saw 2 FF shields drop 1 MM bracer two MM robes and like 4 recipes including mine. And that is not counting and RR cap I got and a few sewer and MM cowls.

But I did get almost 30k exp this weekend using only 2x pots and that wasn't always so it was a long farming time.

superglut2
04-11-2011, 03:15 PM
i played 30 min and saw 2 in a row

Jinlac
04-11-2011, 04:05 PM
until lvl 55 i didnt get single pink in bs, between 55-56 i got ~20 (10 of them in three days, including the whole sk set in 8 runs!) i was so excited and though my personal drop rate had to be bugged lol, but since then i only had 2-3 crappy pinks....
What makes it look so unfair is the low chance... If u do 10k runs the amount of pinks you get will be pretty close to the estimated drop rate. If u do 100-1000 runs u might end up with 0-xx pinks, which seems unfair, but if u keep going, you will eventually get your share^^

JFelt8
04-11-2011, 06:45 PM
I've been running sewers for months now and I'm halfway to 56 but have only had 1 pink drop (sewer helm), and 1 recipe (custom gemstone leather). I think the drops are really unfair. I've got friends that are low 50's and get 2 or 3 pinks a night, and then today everyone died playing gold fever didn't respawn to help just watched while I beat him and a dead guy gets the pink. Now tell me there's not something wrong with that

giayuan
04-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Dry spell... well I get pinks occasionally, on average 1 pink per 50 bosses, and only 25% are actually pinks that are worth it. 75% are cheap helms like mega mage cowls and stuff ._.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-11-2011, 07:08 PM
yeah im on a dry spell right now got two pinks on first two runs fury armor and gemstone armor (sold for about 1 mil in total) and since then have seen many people get pinks (happy for them) but i have gotten none after that.. but still keep trying :)n

noneo
04-11-2011, 07:14 PM
I'm on about a week now without a pink drop. I've only seen 1 Pink item and 2 recipes since then too...

braluk
04-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Well at the very least you know that anytime a pink drops (with the exception of a few like Raid Dagger) in Sewers, it'll be valuable and usable. I get all types of non shadow pink drops in caves that I can get in CTK. I don't think I've ever actually seen a shadow cave drop (post-nerf) that was worth a dime. At the very least I'll get a lvl 51 or 53 drop in sewers which I can sell off. Actually got enough to just go ahead and buy my own sewer gear.

Conradin
04-11-2011, 07:31 PM
mod will you make a thread were you do something other than whine?

Wbto-Angeluscustos
04-11-2011, 07:37 PM
lmao ... :)

giayuan
04-11-2011, 10:10 PM
ahahaha.....

krullnan
04-11-2011, 10:42 PM
i had one of those weekends. and today i got 6 pinks.. all in like 3 runs through AO2

Riccits
04-12-2011, 01:17 AM
i had one of those weekends. and today i got 6 pinks.. all in like 3 runs through AO2

LOL u cant compare AO2 to BS

EpuYue
04-12-2011, 01:29 AM
Yea pink drops are quite common in AO2 and even AO3. BS drops are.. well not so frequent. :)

Doubletime
04-12-2011, 07:14 AM
I went back and looked based on hours of play and pink drops and I don't see a big difference between now in the Sewers and what was going on around St. Patrick's day. So I don't think the drop rates have changed, or if they have, it doesn't seem significant. I am averaging a pink drop every 4 to 5 hours or so of farming. I have gotten pinks in back to back runs. I have gone 10 hours of farming without a pink. But that seems to be my average and it really hasn't seemed to change recently.

JaytB
04-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Drop rates just seem completely random to me to be honest. I could have a weekend with lots of pinks or absolutely nothing. I have to admit I came up with many theories about drop rates and even thought the devs didn't like me when I went on a dry spell. In the end it's just all random I guess. I just play with friends for the fun of it and, when a pink drops that's just the icing on the cake :)

Drop rates make it so much better to actually get excited in real life when you get a valuable pink. Patience is all you need IMO