PDA

View Full Version : Events popularity??

Caabatric
05-21-2015, 11:02 PM
I have always wondered why events have made me and most others play near 3 times the amount they normally do.
The conclusion I usually come up with is the gold that you can make in these events or the items however the goblin event got me thinking otherwise.

I found about 50 players that I have never seen in my friends list and guild ask me for a portal run.
Most of these players didn't get nightshade nor did they attempt to so i wondered why they were playing? The gold from the hoarded chests is surely not enough to all of a sudden go online and play quite actively.

On a slightly related but seemingly unrelated note I am going to high school and was debating is it time to retire from playing video games.(high school people pls gimme advice!!). I was not going to delete my account after all the work I put into it but was thinking of only picking up the game once a month or during holidays. Then i got to thinking, if I was able to have 10 minutes of gaming time a day, would I still play arcane legends? The simple answer was no and has led me to wondering if I should quit AL right here and move to CoC?

^^ That is where I found my answer. I believe that the popularity from events isn't just the reward, but the time that is spent in the maps. You can spend 15 CASUAL minutes and walk away with 30+ tokens almost guaranteed with legendary equips!! These same legendary players would spend 15 minutes or more in planar tomb 1 and most likely walk away with 1 fragment.

I hope devs learn from this and apply a similar concept in regular maps.

Dex Scene
05-22-2015, 02:15 AM
Well said lil friend.

Dex Scene
05-22-2015, 02:18 AM
If there are profits, it gonna get popular.
Also remember the last mini events egg, lovecraft events!
People played them for their life aswel.
I can imagine another successful mini events like those, flower circlet was awesome too.

I hope to get a mini event before the expansion come to increase my golds in stash just to get ready foe the new level cap!

Alhuntrazeck
05-22-2015, 03:01 AM
I have always wondered why events have made me and most others play near 3 times the amount they normally do.
The conclusion I usually come up with is the gold that you can make in these events or the items however the goblin event got me thinking otherwise.

I found about 50 players that I have never seen in my friends list and guild ask me for a portal run.
Most of these players didn't get nightshade nor did they attempt to so i wondered why they were playing? The gold from the hoarded chests is surely not enough to all of a sudden go online and play quite actively.

On a slightly related but seemingly unrelated note I am going to high school and was debating is it time to retire from playing video games.(high school people pls gimme advice!!). I was not going to delete my account after all the work I put into it but was thinking of only picking up the game once a month or during holidays. Then i got to thinking, if I was able to have 10 minutes of gaming time a day, would I still play arcane legends? The simple answer was no and has led me to wondering if I should quit AL right here and move to CoC?

^^ That is where I found my answer. I believe that the popularity from events isn't just the reward, but the time that is spent in the maps. You can spend 15 CASUAL minutes and walk away with 30+ tokens almost guaranteed with legendary equips!! These same legendary players would spend 15 minutes or more in planar tomb 1 and most likely walk away with 1 fragment.

I hope devs learn from this and apply a similar concept in regular maps.

Mostly its something new. And new is always better (unless you're neophobic ;)). It also, like you said, presents a way for less rich players to make easy money.

On whether you should give up AL, I'd say you should just reduce your gaming time to perhaps once or twice a week (like on weekends). Education > Pixels.

-no
05-22-2015, 04:25 AM
I agree, in events, the time played vs rewards is 100x better than normal gameplay.