PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 update. Unable to target monsters

Magicwannabe
05-24-2010, 10:57 PM
When you double Tap to change target like in 1.1 it doesn't allow it anymore. Annnd suuuper laaagggy

Cooz
05-25-2010, 12:30 AM
I confirm this. It makes fast farming quite challenging :)

asommers
05-25-2010, 12:36 AM
Yes, this is an issue. Unfortunately, it requires a client update to fix. We'll let the dust settle from 1.2 and see about getting 1.2.1 submitted.

-ALS

Cooz
05-25-2010, 12:37 AM
But I love the fact that now auto attack doesn't stop when u move your character :)

Obliteration
05-25-2010, 12:42 AM
Yeah but the targeting is messed up, spacetime I say don't rush as much test your product heavily before releasing.

TheBaconKing
05-25-2010, 12:50 AM
Yeah but the targeting is messed up, spacetime I say don't rush as much test your product heavily before releasing.

AND DON"T TELL US WHEN YOU SUBMIT IT!!

Sorry for the caps, but much of the spam on these forums the past few days was about 1.2.. Apple is inconsistent at best. They could take 3 days or up to 2+ weeks to approve an app.. Just let us know like a few days after you submit if you feel the need to tell us. All other communication with us is greatly appreciated so don't stop it. Just don't let us know when you submit an app to Apple.

King Richie
05-25-2010, 06:16 AM
Since The Update You can no longer tap on a enemy to target him !!

Bodhi
05-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Ive got the same thing worsed one is when u target the ref in pvp you cant get it off him unless you out run him

Cooz
05-25-2010, 09:59 AM
Uh, this is getting me killed a lot. Too bad we probably need to wait several weeks for the fix :(

Furrawn
05-25-2010, 06:27 PM
It's getting me killed a lot, too. Even as a warrior Mage, I die almost immediately. Farming now is difficult if not almost impossible without a lot of bears helping. I can't target at all. The boss kills me while I'm stuck killing some wee trident croc:( It's not fun:(

It's too bad it will take a few weeks:( But I know it takes time to make an update.
I'll just change my gameplay & concentrate more on bringing Chagall my archer up to 35:)

I know will be great when it all works:)

Azrael
05-26-2010, 12:45 AM
Ive got the same thing worsed one is when u target the ref in pvp you cant get it off him unless you out run him

Not true.

You can target in PVP, you just can't target in pve.

In either game type, you can always untarget an enemy by taping your own character.

Dbawlz
05-26-2010, 05:41 AM
Instead of trying to change targets just tap yourself until you have no target then reposition yourself and once the mob you want is closest to you then you should be able to target the new mob/player np.

Cooz
05-26-2010, 05:45 AM
It rarely works with huge mob around u and trying to target one boss in it when u can't barely move due to constant hits :)

ratava
05-26-2010, 05:55 AM
I posted elsewhere, but maybe (how possible) the "TAB" system of cycling through targets (& locking) to give more choice? Definitely one of the key/core COMBAT mechanics to address. Thanks.

Jaxan
05-26-2010, 07:15 AM
Anyway this can be fixed sooner? Targetting is a crucial aspect of the game, and as it currently plays is becoming very fustrating. Thanks in advance :)

Ta11on
05-26-2010, 11:58 AM
If they submit 1.2.1 as an emergency "fix" to 1.2 because it was "game breaking", shouldn't Apple get it through faster!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Royce
05-26-2010, 12:08 PM
This is true, and is what I have been doing mostly anyway, since tap to target is not great on a small screen with many bad guys. It's true it doesn't always work, but it's a decent work around.

Instead of trying to change targets just tap yourself until you have no target then reposition yourself and once the mob you want is closest to you then you should be able to target the new mob/player np.

Furrawn
05-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Royce & Dbawlz- you are right. It does help. I discovered last night that if I moved or waited, I could sometimes target my intended target. Sounds funny lol.

BUT, Cooz is right. It rarely works in a large mob. If there is a boss in the swamp who comes up to me, and I cannot target him/her/, I die basically instantly while attacking some lesser insignificant bad guy:(

I will say though that while it does negatively impact playing... It requires different gameplay, but it turns out I can still play what I want. I originally thought that I'd be stuck just lvling out my other characters because I kept dying... But trying to sneak up on the target or wait to target them lessens the dying so...

I'll be thrilled when they can update & fix the prob, but I am ok in the meantime