View Full Version : Should level 56 bears get the dex crown of persistence these days?

WhoIsThis
04-11-2011, 06:24 PM
I was thinking - with the fury fighter pretty much for certain staying as a pally set and fortified being worse than the royal sewer, are most bears these days better off getting the dex? It would seem that the set bonus isn't going to be that useful, unless the devs revamp the fortified set completely.

Zeus
04-11-2011, 06:26 PM
I was thinking - with the fury fighter pretty much for certain staying as a pally set and fortified being worse than the royal sewer, are most bears these days better off getting the dex? It would seem that the set bonus isn't going to be that useful, unless the devs revamp the fortified set completely.

Wait until Wednesday. Estimated date for the 1.7.1 update to come. Then it would be safe to assume decisions. As of now though? I'd say definitely dex crown of persistence.

Ellyidol
04-11-2011, 08:40 PM
On stats alone, I'd choose Dex Crown too. Only reason why I chose str crown first was that I was afraid they were gonna add str/dex requirements, and because of the potential set bonus. :)

But yeah, I'd wait. And WEDNESDAY?! I have an exam on Friday..

Dalonewolf
04-11-2011, 09:16 PM
I chose dex crown and it lets me change to my dex set in one step as a dual spec bear and gives the extra hit that is needed to get beckon and other skills to actually be useful. Goes well with fury sword, shield, and royal sewer armor

Moogerfooger
04-11-2011, 09:58 PM
I chose dex crown and it lets me change to my dex set in one step as a dual spec bear and gives the extra hit that is needed to get beckon and other skills to actually be useful. Goes well with fury sword, shield, and royal sewer armor

I do just fine hit% with the dual-spec Str crown/Royal/Bodyguard shield/random Rooter or Bodyguard or Fury weapon...no "need" for Dex crown, but in theory it would be nice. I can always grab mine from the bird if needed, which doesn't hurt. There has been no indication that there may NOT be certain str/dex/int requirements for the sets; I doubt there will be, but ya never know :p

There was a noticeable drop off in hit effectiveness once the hit% got below 88 on Taunt and Beckon, so in theory any combo of gear/Crown that keeps over 88 hit should be good. The more the merrier of course :D

WhoIsThis
04-11-2011, 10:26 PM
I do just fine hit% with the dual-spec Str crown/Royal/Bodyguard shield/random Rooter or Bodyguard or Fury weapon...no "need" for Dex crown, but in theory it would be nice. I can always grab mine from the bird if needed, which doesn't hurt. There has been no indication that there may NOT be certain str/dex/int requirements for the sets; I doubt there will be, but ya never know :p

There was a noticeable drop off in hit effectiveness once the hit% got below 88 on Taunt and Beckon, so in theory any combo of gear/Crown that keeps over 88 hit should be good. The more the merrier of course :D

In theory, you moog (elly can do this as well), could take your dex crown from your bird, put it into the stash and switch easily, so str two should be an easy choice.

neko
04-12-2011, 02:01 PM
In theory, you moog (elly can do this as well), could take your dex crown from your bird, put it into the stash and switch easily, so str two should be an easy choice.

I'm in the same boat. I have a dex crown but haven't crafted my second one, yet. I'm waiting to see what crown set bonuses, if any, might be coming out. As I'm writing this, the devs haven't kicked in the sewer set bonuses with the 1.7.1 update, yet, so who knows...

From the looks of all the complaints about 1.7.1, there's plenty of dust to settle.