PDA

View Full Version : Mobile version of the forum

Leiver
04-12-2011, 02:01 AM
Many forums now have a different 'view' optimised for viewing on mobile devices. Since this game is largely played on mobile devices that would be an obvious move forward for the forum. Trying to view the forum on my iPhone is laborious and clumsy.

Please can we have a mobile version of the forum :)

Thank you!

xuz
04-12-2011, 02:04 AM
Im not quite sure what you mean but when seen through my phone this website looks completely normal.
I also believe there is a tab that can alter the the view if on a phone/ipod.

Leiver
04-12-2011, 02:08 AM
Im not quite sure what you mean but when seen through my phone this website looks completely normal.
I also believe there is a tab that can alter the the view if on a phone/ipod.

Where is this tab??

Also, look at http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/ on a normal web browser and then on a mobile device, see the difference?

That's what I want to see here. It would save having to zoom in and scroll about for miles to find and hit buttons properly in order to navigate the forum, and also it has a far friendlier interface for searching and posting

noneo
04-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Look alll the way at the bottom of the forum at the lower left corner (next to the language selection drop down menu).
There is a small drop down menu that reads "SpaceTimeStudios".
Click this and select "Mobile".

You should now have the mobile site :)

Arterra
04-12-2011, 07:08 AM
Personally the mobile version is just very bad. I only use the normal version on my itouch so I can see all the images and stuff that I want to.

Conradin
04-12-2011, 07:22 AM
I alwayd ise the mobile version and i love it.

Arterra
04-12-2011, 07:26 AM
I alwayd ise the mobile version and i love it.

SHUUUUUNNNNN

anyway lol Havnt uses it in a while. Is it faster? I don't really have a speed issue, but wondering.

MayhemMonkey
04-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Why can't we just have this forum on Tapatalk? I know that question has been brought up before but don't remember ther reason why devs chose not to register with Tapatalk. It's free for them to register, and it takes only seconds to do it. Life is so much easier with Tapatalk. :sigh:

Leiver
04-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Ah I see what you mean about the existing mobile version. I never knew that existed. I'm trying it now but it doesn't look like it's been optimised for mobile usage it just looks like most of the CSS has been stripped and images are not downloaded, presumably for speed reasons.

It's not speed I'm after, it's simple functionality with non of the fiddling