PDA

View Full Version : Potting peer pressure

Mr.Wallace
04-12-2011, 03:29 AM
Using elixirs seems to be a controversial topic. Talked a lot with friends about peer pressure to use pots, but yesterday something happened that really made me wonder.

I joined a random Hideout run, four people I didn't know, between 51 and 55. Three of them took experience pot after I joined, and after the first mobs the unpotted one left the game. Because it was the only bird and so I felt bereft of combos, I wrote "to bad". The host answered "booted him, he didn't pot, he is not serious".

What is this?

Have you ever seen this? Being booted for not using experience pot? I just hope this is not a new thing catching on...

drewcapu
04-12-2011, 03:32 AM
Those are the kind of hosts I put on ignore.

xuz
04-12-2011, 03:35 AM
Once i read the title i thought it was to do with damage pots but for a exp pot.... I wanna talk to these guy my self.

Ellyidol
04-12-2011, 03:38 AM
Wow, how is not potting an XP pot going to help speed anyway?

It's really sad what seems to be happening to the logic of some hosts.

Personally, I just love using a damage pot, doesn't mean I NEED them to, always nice to have a fellow damage potter though :)

Riccits
04-12-2011, 03:39 AM
iam grinding to 56 without xp pots...so iam very unserious...

Xenzix
04-12-2011, 03:44 AM
Yeah I've experienced this before... Most lame excuse to boot...
I leveled in BS since 51 and never used exp pots...
Kinda think that those who don't use pots are the more hardcore... And not taking any 'shortcuts' to level...
Don't let it bother you, lame excuse to boot, and a lot of the time these 'potters' will skip boss cause it 'takes too long', so stick with what your doin and maybe get some reward from bosses...

xuz
04-12-2011, 03:45 AM
if they boot riccits I WILL KILL THEM "in pvp of course"

Redbridge
04-12-2011, 03:46 AM

How dare you not treat the grind to 56 seriously... LOL

"Some people think Pocket Legends is a matter of life or death, but we all know it's much more important than that!"

Mr.Wallace
04-12-2011, 03:49 AM
Once i read the title i thought it was to do with damage pots but for a exp pot.... I wanna talk to these guy my self.

Yeah for damage pot this would be nothing new, I'd understand that. Been booted a lot for my drug free attitude :-)

I was so confused by that new idea I don't even remember the host's name. But kind of fitting: He skipped boss...

Riccits
04-12-2011, 04:01 AM
if they boot riccits I WILL KILL THEM "in pvp of course"

yeah plz do it for me, bcz in pvp everyone kills me haha!

Riccits
04-12-2011, 04:04 AM
Yeah for damage pot this would be nothing new, I'd understand that. Been booted a lot for my drug free attitude :-)

I was so confused by that new idea I don't even remember the host's name. But kind of fitting: He skipped boss...

yes there are some few ppl wich asking for dmg pot of all ppl. i just leave then..
sure, the party becomes a huge speed when all have dmg pot, but not sure if its pay when u just get a dagger after 50 runs or die bcz of a trap and have to repot...

davidis57
04-12-2011, 04:11 AM
Potted some in crush but sewers its not worth the expense.

Lesrider
04-12-2011, 05:27 AM
Wow that is definitely in the top 5 stupidest reasons to boot. (If I were to compile a list, of course!)

Doubletime
04-12-2011, 07:01 AM

Lol. Booted for not using an XP pot and then he bailed when it was time for the boss fight. I just don't get people. Booting for not being serious. I need a face-palm emote. It's a game people!

Kalielle
04-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Wow, some people these days. *shakes head* Just when you think you've seen it all, they find new ways to amaze you with their stupidity.

How hardcore can they be anyway if they're levels 51-55 as you say? Next time you see the host you should boot him with reason "not 56, clearly you're not serious about PL." :D

Echelong
04-12-2011, 08:32 AM
Well guess who the noob was in the group.

Hint: It wasn't the person booted, nor the OP.

This is one of the reasons I just don't do pugs anymore, they just take to long random players that boot after people pot up, they skip bosses, they don't do combos, mages that don't even have the rev spell because they are DPS >< and the list goes on and on and on.....

Meh I am to old to take that type of crap in a game.

StompArtist
04-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Using elixirs seems to be a controversial topic. Talked a lot with friends about peer pressure to use pots, but yesterday something happened that really made me wonder.

I joined a random Hideout run, four people I didn't know, between 51 and 55. Three of them took experience pot after I joined, and after the first mobs the unpotted one left the game. Because it was the only bird and so I felt bereft of combos, I wrote "to bad". The host answered "booted him, he didn't pot, he is not serious".

What is this?

Have you ever seen this? Being booted for not using experience pot? I just hope this is not a new thing catching on...

I am enjoying the game and being level capped bores me, in fact I would rather see the cap get raised before I reach it. I will probably get grief for the next statement but I would boot that player (host) if he is ever in one of my game in the future and this... after he pots. Teach him a lesson.

Actually come to think of it... A truly serious hardcore gamer would likely insist on never using XP pots and doing it the hard way. That's what being hardcore is all about isn't it?

Suntv
04-12-2011, 09:14 AM

What is this?

I hoped you punished 'em by leaving :)

noneo
04-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Thread thread is why the Public Boot message is going to be initiated during the next update.

superss
04-12-2011, 09:56 AM
ive seen it to but not to that extent.... mine say pot up! and if i don't i get the feeling that they are ticked but they don't boot me...

Sharisiggies
04-12-2011, 02:10 PM
I can't believe it.. wow... that is nuts!

BuLLitz
04-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Worst reason I was ever booted...

Refusing to use 2 handed Sword.

StompArtist
04-12-2011, 02:26 PM

LOL Someone should make a top 10 list!

Mr.Wallace
04-12-2011, 03:52 PM

OK you win the stupid boot reasons game! By far!

Rusalio
04-12-2011, 03:54 PM

hhahahahah LMAO... We know your not serious... right? wink wink... hahahah tooo funny

IGNORE such hosts and boot them for the reputation.... grrrrrr and for petes sake, Pure Pressure???? Really?

Joshooaaa
04-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Wallace, I'm glad u prevented being booted by succumbing to peer pressure! Lmao! When in doubt, do what everyone else is doing :)

Duped
04-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Definitely a silly reason. But I look at the bright side, at least you know who NOT to play with.

EpuYue
04-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Wow then I must be fooling around all the time for not using xp pot.. I hope I will join one of this guy's games just so I can get booted and add him to my ignore list. :)

Plasticuproject
04-15-2011, 07:59 PM

krullnan
04-15-2011, 09:04 PM
never would i do that, thats stupid. i would never use exp pot. ti me it takes away from the game.. i just thinks its funny when i have more kills than 55's hhahah

spookytooth
04-16-2011, 08:03 AM
Yea i remember my first pot peer pressure incident, they all called me a chicken for not usin. O well :) yea these things happen unfortunately im afraid. I was booted by a tank once for not respecing my bear into dex before the grind i thought he was joking but nope, there i went lol.

Gaddy
04-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Wow that is definitely in the top 5 stupidest reasons to boot. (If I were to compile a list, of course!)

TOP 5 STUPIDEST REASONS TO BOOT

5. He didn't XP pot, he's not "serious" -he's only lvl 55 ...
4. We've been waiting here for more than 5 minutes for my stupid friend to finally join this party, sry!
3. WHO FARTED?
2. U fight Snipers? BOOT!

And the Number One stupidest Boot Reason:

1. "Boot Reason: ghghlkghmxq"