PDA

View Full Version : Client Update 1.7.1 is Live!

Pages : [1] 2 3

asommers
04-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Please let us know of any issues you find in this thread, thanks!

It will take a while to propagate to all App Store territories. Android version is up now. 1.7 will shut down this afternoon.

Please use this thread to give feedback on this version.

-ALS

Here's a list of changes:

* Updated New Player Experience! Improved player flow from application launch to entering the world, especially for new players.
* New Character Creation! You now see your character as they will appear in game while creating your character. You are now allowed to select from a variety of faces and armor colors when creating a new character.
* New Tutorial! The improved tutorial will better teach new players the basics of how to play Pocket Legends.
* Added Emote Pack 3: Kiss, Back Flip, Clap, Point
* Added Emote Pack 4: The FART PACK!
* New Faces are now available for purchase at the Magic Mirror!
* Oasis Towne has been completely revamped. Players can now walk into the Oasis pond and heal their health and mana! Daily quests have been added to receive additional Mystery Weapons, Armor, and Helmets.
* Account Verification has been removed. You can now Purchase Platinum, access the Offer Wall, and Buy All Content without registering your account. Registering your account gives you the ability to log in on any supported device, and grants you access to Dark Forest for free.
* A Global ability cool down timer has been added. Firing an ability causes all abilities to be on cool down for half a second.
* Character deletion now requires the characters name be entered rather than just typing "delete".
* Players can now purchase a revive for full health at the position of death for 1 Platinum.
* When turning in a quest to an NPC, if they have a new quest available it will be immediately offered.
* Added new Balefort Sewers equipment set bonuses!
* Vyxnaar Helmet of Hate has a new appearance
* Joining games hosted by friends through your friend list now require a password if one has been set. Previously, you could join your friends' password-protected games without giving a password.
* Empty lines no longer appear in the crafting display

Echelong
04-12-2011, 11:00 AM
wow you guys are liars lol... Thanks for the update ALS.

Ellyidol
04-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Wow! AWESOME!! :)

neko
04-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Wow! Thanks! Refreshing App Store...tap tap tap...

sabermage
04-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Downloading now. Can't wait for the gas attack emote :)

Ellyidol
04-12-2011, 11:03 AM
Does it just come up as an update for PL, in the appstore?

superglut2
04-12-2011, 11:04 AM
nice camt wait

Jinlac
04-12-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm sooo excited woot woot! :D

Echelong
04-12-2011, 11:05 AM
App store not updated yet.

Junside
04-12-2011, 11:08 AM
26.13 MB file... Downloading NOW! :D

Jinlac
04-12-2011, 11:09 AM
* Joining games hosted by friends through your friend list now require a password if one has been set. Previously, you could join your friends' password-protected games without giving a password.

That should be optional!

Doubletime
04-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Andriod app is up and downloading now. Can't wait. Good surprise today devs!

Rolocoaster
04-12-2011, 11:11 AM
awesome !! thanks Devs !! i never gave up hope for the sewer set bonuses !! Yay!!

neko
04-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Does it just come up as an update for PL, in the appstore?

It didn't appear as an update but I noticed that 1.7.1 was available to download. So I deleted and redownloaded and voila... I'm in EST, I'm not sure if it's propagated to Australia, yet.

Ellyidol
04-12-2011, 11:13 AM
It didn't appear as an update but I noticed that 1.7.1 was available to download. So I deleted and redownloaded and voila... I'm in EST, I'm not sure if it's propagated to Australia, yet.

Aww :(

How long do you reckon before it hits appstores? I've never been right here when it actually goes live, I usually catch it a few hours later.

mcyto
04-12-2011, 11:14 AM
yay! can't wait.

Tsarra
I'll be inspecting the GCD first and foremost. :P

Echelong
I think ALS real occupation is ninja, he just shows up quietly and swoosh. He is one stealthy dev.

Junside
04-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Okay, first attempt at update, I open PL and it just brought me back to my home screen after a black screen for a second. I'm reinstalling now.

drewcapu
04-12-2011, 11:17 AM

Ya, Hawaii will pretty much get it last.

Mostly because they're all still sleeping.

Ellyidol
04-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Version 1.7.1 in my AppStore when I searched for PL, so downloading there now. Will try it after.

Edit:

I'm IN! New log in screen!

Rolocoaster
04-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Okay, first attempt at update, I open PL and it just brought me back to my home screen after a black screen for a second. I'm reinstalling now.

same here :/

Doubletime
04-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Version 1.7.1 in my AppStore when I searched for PL, so downloading there now. Will try it after.

See. You really are going to be up all night now. And you just thought you were joking a few minutes ago when we were farming.

Echelong
04-12-2011, 11:20 AM
NO sewer set bonus!!!

Junside
04-12-2011, 11:21 AM
same here :/

Re-installing worked. PL opens now.

WHOA HOLY CRAP, I LOVE the NEW CHARACTER SELECTION SCREEN!

Major
04-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Everything works fine so far thanks STS!!!

sabermage
04-12-2011, 11:23 AM

Same thing happened to me. I thought it was because my phone fell and hit the ground flat on it's back and turned off. Uninstalling now to redownload.

BeardedBear
04-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Looks like the new faces aren't 50 gold for those who already have a plat face. I was under the impression we would be able to buy a new one for 50g for a week or so.

Should I try to buy these somewhere else besides the Magic Mirror?

neko
04-12-2011, 11:24 AM
NO sewer set bonus!!!

Where are my sparkles! :D

And the GCD... definitely a spam killer which will change up my bird and mage gameplay for sure! ;) I wonder if pot spamming is affected - that'll have an effect on my roundups if it's actually in place. Despite all that, I'm actually kinda looking forward to seeing how this'll change things up.

I like the "heavenly" lighting effects.

Rolocoaster
04-12-2011, 11:24 AM
NO sewer set bonus!!!
no way really ?

Rolocoaster
04-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Re-installing worked. PL opens now.

WHOA HOLY CRAP, I LOVE the NEW CHARACTER SELECTION SCREEN!

yeah did the same and its working now thanks

Doubletime
04-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Similar to Junside. The update on my Droid 2 would not work initially. The game simply would not load. I am uninstalling and going to reinstall to see if it also resolves the problem.

Ellyidol
04-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Wow the new interface is amazing!!!

mcyto
04-12-2011, 11:30 AM
update is great! love the character selection screen and the oasis pond. Although, I was hoping the pond would be a continuous health and mana restore but its not... :(

sabermage
04-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Love the new emotes!

Ellyidol
04-12-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm noticing some skills not being able to be used, even when they're not on normal CD or GCD.

Has happened twice now, on one run.

Echelong
04-12-2011, 11:33 AM
no way really ?

Yes way.... No sewer set bonus.

Also there are 3 different elf faces named dark elf.

I will have to wait till after work to test the GCD. At least pots don't seem affected.

superss
downloading as i type :) so excited!

Junside
Okay, how do I go to the other towns? When I'm at lobby, all I see are "Enter World" and Log Out

neko
04-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Gotta say, it must've been fun spending the time designing and coding the fart/puke pack. Childish? Eh, hopefully it won't be abused in game but it's definitely funny. Gurgox...lmao!! or fmao!!

hawkei
04-12-2011, 11:36 AM
i cant join any of my friends on the friends list?

Echelong
04-12-2011, 11:37 AM
i cant join any of my friends on the friends list?

I had the same problem.

Inching
04-12-2011, 11:38 AM
not in hong kong app store........ yet........... :(

Junside
04-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Issues so far:

*Cannot see World Map

*Inviting/Joining someone in Friends list disconnects me from the server

Ellyidol
04-12-2011, 11:41 AM
The skills are hard to see when they are under normal CD or GCD, I think they're a shade darker now.

neko
04-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Argh... solo gameplay is so much slower...

superss
oh... my... word... so cool...

starkeyben
I loved this game, but after downloading the patch 1.7.1.0 the game will no longer open. Any ideas? I have re-installed 4 times and cleared the cashe. rebooted. I am out of ideas.

NOTE: Never mind- sixth install and reboot worked. awesome!

Tsarra
04-12-2011, 11:44 AM
First Impressions: Mob health appears to have been tweaked to help with GCD (especially bosses). It feels...different. Not necessarily bad. I will definitely reserve judgement until I have more time to mess with it. UI is definitely cleaner.

Did you guys mess with the drop rate? It felt weird.

Solo Boss Brawl took almost twice as long. :(

noneo
04-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Updating now! :)

Thanks for getting this to us so quickly!

I am excited to study all of the changes :p

hawkei
04-12-2011, 11:45 AM
also another thing, overtime i try to go to a game like sewers it keeps me at the loading screen and i have to fore quit.

i love animated the new emotes are! glad they were 5 plat also!

Bgandyful
04-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Sewer king isnt reciveing bonus... I think ... definitely no particle effects like other set bonuses

Ellyidol
04-12-2011, 12:04 PM
"Bi-polar? more like bi-winning." - LMAO ON SHEEN QUOTE! I'm keeping that face!!

BeardedBear
04-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Any reason why just a few of the faces are 5g and not all? They are faces I already own and am just curious to know why only certain ones and not others/all. We bought a face to start with, what's the difference?

noneo
04-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Any reason why just a few of the faces are 5g and not all? They are faces I already own and am just curious to know why only certain ones and not others.

Devs mentioned they would be incorporating "noob faces" which could be bought for 5 gold the first week. I'm assuming they just made existing faces the "noob" ones and the new faces cost plat.

Echelong
04-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Any reason why just a few of the faces are 5g and not all? They are faces I already own and am just curious to know why only certain ones and not others/all. We bought a face to start with, what's the difference?

Only the starting faces give you the option for 5gp the rest are 5 plat. I already have my uber Dark Elf face (should be called Green elf or Ogre not dark elf)

If you make a character you will know which faces these are.

BeardedBear
04-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Devs mentioned they would be incorporating "noob faces" which could be bought for 5 gold the first week. I'm assuming they just made existing faces the "noob" ones and the new faces cost plat.

Yeah, that's exactly what happened. -.-

xRaNdU
04-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Global Cooldown Sucks... how do people expect combos to work when you can't spam the skills? And i'm guessing you have to pot a lot more, since you have to run through 4 skills and then you can heal yourself again but it's too slow. :-( everything else is okay though. Just global cooldown. And on my phone, when you go to enter something into chat, i keep hitting the book that hides your spells in the top right corner..

Ellyidol
04-12-2011, 12:19 PM
How cool does this look, awesome new face.

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/bryantioliu/e120e39e.png

noneo
04-12-2011, 12:20 PM
How cool does this look, awesome new face.

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/bryantioliu/e120e39e.png

That is genuinely scary lol.

I am thoroughly impressed :)

bstosnbata
04-12-2011, 12:22 PM
man GCD sucks!!!! no combos? no skill spams? and no world map? no quickplay? how can we go to different maps? dang. can i un-update and go back to the old version? T_T

Echelong
04-12-2011, 12:24 PM
man GCD sucks!!!! no combos? no skill spams? and no world map? no quickplay? how can we go to different maps? dang. can i un-update and go back to the old version? T_T

Try it out for a while first then post. I bet it takes a while to get used to but I am sure devs did test this for a while before releasing it.

noneo
04-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Anyone having issues joining other people in game on friends list? I have already uninstalled and downloaded and reinstalled.

Anyone find any solutions?

Junside
04-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Anyone having issues joining other people in game on friends list? I have already uninstalled and downloaded and reinstalled.

Anyone find any solutions?

I'm trying a reinstall for the second time. I only see "Enter World" and "Log Out" so something is definitely wrong.

krazii
04-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Note sure if this goes here or in bugs, but here goes:

1. Friends list is broken, can't join friends in towns from list. Sometimes when you press, nothing happens.
2. Skills list is too dark, stays dark even when skill can be used. Seems to happen after about 3 skill uses.
3. Have tried all Lvl 55 pink str gear combinations haven't found a new set bonus yet.
4. May be a temporary thing since update just came out, but I keep getting disconnected and I'm sure it's not my connection.

Kraz

asommers
Looking into the disconnect when joining friends.

-ALS

karmakali
20 minutes in...initial thoughts...
1. New faces...ok
2. Backflip kicks a**!
3. Opening screen not easier for me. I can't figure out how to get global map without first entering world...annoying. I like to jump into a game from main screen...not go to town first.
4. Graphics and lighting clarity are very nice.
5. I look like I am moonwalking when I kite....weird visual effect...not sure if I like it or not. Almost looks like my mage is on a roller track or something.
6. Can't see that there are bonus sets when I put on sewer queen gear.
7. Very much wish that my persistence crown would have worked into my mega mage set....and that it would have turned into a tiara ;)
8. Finally....GCD. Hmmmm.....well you guys will definately be selling more health pots.
The 0.5 sec cooldown seems a little long atm. Might be because it is new but it just doesn't "feel right".
I hope to acclimate quickly because right now I feel like noob.
Ok...going back in. Will give more feedback as I have it :)

Ayrilana
04-12-2011, 12:36 PM
There is a world map. You have to be in the game to access it. You just don't have the option upon logging in like before.

NPC's that have quests available have like a golden column of light around them. That's new.

Ellyidol
04-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Characters actually "Kite" now.

They walk backwards instead of walking normally but looking back everytime they fire. Pretty good, IMO.

Weagledan
04-12-2011, 12:39 PM
There is a world map. You have to be in the game to access it. You just don't have the option upon logging in like before.

NPC's that have quests available have like a golden column of light around them. That's new.

lol, I must be missing it - how do you get to the world map now?

bstosnbata
04-12-2011, 12:40 PM
ok i am trying it. but now i am stuck at balefort castle. tried pve, went to the rock valley and killing rock giants. i'm level 33, it takes me too long to kill em. before, i kill em just with rage, stomp, super megaslash. i use two hand sword so i hit so slow and i can't spam my skills. this update is an advantage for archers who has quick hitrate. i'm sure i won't be playing anymore if this continues to be like this. game masters and developers, sorry but for me i think most newbies will quit this game with this version. i got 50+ friends before and most of them were online. now not a single one is. goodluck

bstosnbata
04-12-2011, 12:41 PM
so where is it? how can we access it?

Weagledan
04-12-2011, 12:42 PM
i got 50+ friends before and most of them were online. now not a single one is. goodluck

...probably because most of them are still installing the update, calm down.

Junside
04-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Okay world map is now hidden in...

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/fantomz06/ScreenShot-148.png

Klemen
04-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Wow that new update entertained me for 4.5 min. You call that a revamped towne??? In almost same as before omg. And all the faces aremt good except that one of the bears. Only good thing is you didnt set the price for new emotes to 20 plat. I have to say im dissaponited in the update :/ looking forward to see the vyx though! (thats the only keeping me to play PL atm lol). Btw it sux that i cannot acces my char inventory without going into the game.

RedRyder
04-12-2011, 12:47 PM
GCD needs to be limited to pvp only.. The initial menu needs to change, no sewer queen set? -_-. Everything else I love. I especially love the new player features. SO much better

krazii
04-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Okay, played a few games with the new "GCD" and first impression is: Ugh, it's terrible. We may be accustomed to the spamming of skills, but I'll tell you that spamming fun. Getting used to the new GCD is not something I look forward to (for one, I'm to old to easily accept change). The game was much more fun (and faster) without the GCD. IMO GCD=Fail, sorry Devs, I usually like what you implement but this one is hard to swallow, I'd offer any positive I could, but can't see one except change back to old way, I think it's something that sets PL apart from other games and makes it so appealing.

Edit: Agree, GCD for PVP only, we suggested this initially, but apparently it was not considered.

Kraz

bstosnbata
04-12-2011, 12:49 PM
if you say so. but when everyone quits i'd be more than happy to say i told you so. :D be happy with your new emoticons and face but i'm sure you would be bored with it in a few days.

Ayrilana
04-12-2011, 12:49 PM
You do what Jun posted. You access the world map there now. World map has been revamped too.

I'm quickly selling all my sewer queen gear before prices fall further

MINGxDOG
04-12-2011, 12:50 PM
hmmm..what is the "* Added new Balefort Sewers equipment set bonuses!" actually?
or it is in a separated patch after 1.7 down...?

Weagledan
04-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Okay world map is now hidden in...

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/fantomz06/ScreenShot-148.png

Thanks Junside - I didn't have my afternoon coffee yet :)

MINGxDOG
04-12-2011, 12:51 PM
also there is bug when joining game from friend list..it sometimes won't work

Hayabusaz
04-12-2011, 12:54 PM
I hate this update :( NO sewer king set bonus ! D GCD is rubbish !!

Thanks devs :'( :'( :'(

Duke
04-12-2011, 12:54 PM
I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but early feedback regarding GCD is playing to my fears -- that attempting to balance the game for PvP (which has no appeal to me at all) is going to "break" PvE. I hope this is an over-reaction or something that can be tweaked, because if PvE is ruined, I will have no desire to play anymore.

Hayabusaz
04-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Same ! Pocket legends was a little boring before. But now i don't even wanna play PL anymore !
GCD broke all !

Epic fail for 1.7.1

Hayabusaz
04-12-2011, 12:58 PM
And where's the sewer king set bonus !!!???!?!?!

Echelong
04-12-2011, 12:58 PM
I hate this update :( NO sewer king set bonus ! D GCD is rubbish !!

Thanks devs :'( :'( :'(

haha that reminds me I have to watch the last season of TopGear.

I am kind of disappointed that there is no sewer set bonus. I am still looking forward to the GCD; I only hope devs extended the time for combos to be executed. Man sucks that I am stuck at work.

bstosnbata
04-12-2011, 01:00 PM
lol everyone started complaining after i did. seriously guys. we are paying money to play the game, complain all you want. and we aren't exaggerating, we are just saying what we think of the matter and i don't even think that GCD will help balance pvp, you guys are not gonna see two hand characters anymore cause we hit so slow and we can't spam our skills, we will get pawned by archers and quick hitters.

FluffNStuff
04-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Puking Koala and Penguin is just so much WIN!!!

Ellyidol
04-12-2011, 01:05 PM
4:30 AM, heading to bed.

But initial feedback from a bear's perspective.

PvE: A lot slower with GCD. I used to rely on speed of pulling/slashes to go through mobs quick, now the only way to actually go quick is to have a full group, which is a bit overkill for me. Even in Ao3, was taking me awhile just to clear aliens. Definitely reduced damage capability, tanking, not really.

PvP : BIG big big big change. I'm not sure whether it's supposed to be positive/negative for bears yet. I've gone against good birds, and I can't even get near. Literally. When I do, a combo just isn't enough to kill them or do much. On the positive side, I seem to be lasting a lot longer in group PvP. Mages don't have those instant spell crits anymore, and birds actually need to time shots well. Very big change, may not be bad, but big change.

Still quite a number of small glitches and small inconveniences in other things (World Map "town" selection too small, Skill Buttons too dark, can't seem to find any new sets?), but I'm sure that'll be dealt with when I'm awake.

New faces are awesome! Very nice choices. New emotes are good, NOT the fart pack. To be honest, I was looking forward to small farts for fun, not long and heavy ones like Gurgoxx, and especially not "Puke". Not a nice thing to hear at all.

New interfaces is superb. I love the new character creation. The character selection screen might do well with "Quick Play" and "World Map" in it at least, I heard a lot of negative stuff about this being gone.

Thank you STS, overall, for an update. Good luck, hope to wake up to an even better PL :)

joeychandler
04-12-2011, 01:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y54yESyq6Io

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd374/joeych1andler/b9150dcd.jpg

davidis57
04-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Do not update uninstall and download new client.

Bobloblaw
04-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Respecs are showing up as costing 0 Plat on my screen. Anyone else notice this?

BeardedBear
04-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Why you stealing my face Joey!?! That's def my favorite one, lol.

Arterra
04-12-2011, 01:11 PM
i have less than 50 minutes... lets do this

karmakali
04-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Finally got combos...timing is even more essential now.
Gcd changes the game drastically.

BeardedBear
04-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Respecs are showing up as costing 0 Plat on my screen. Anyone else notice this?

Yeah me too. My guess is devs will leave this free for a period so we can test GCD.

Weagledan
04-12-2011, 01:17 PM
...timing is even more essential now.

Makes me slightly worried as even a little lag will be have a greater impact now.

MINGxDOG
04-12-2011, 01:18 PM
well..after uninstall and download it again..the graphics is better then before..

actually if only update but not reinstall the whole game won;t see this

bstosnbata
04-12-2011, 01:19 PM
in game players online 381, forum users online - 1039. nyahahaha.

Vallist
04-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Respec are free?!!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

DeathDragun
The video is totally unrelated to PL...

MINGxDOG
some are still in 1.7..it should be running on different server computer lol

Junside
04-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Yeah me too. My guess is devs will leave this free for a period so we can test GCD.

It's only for skills for me. Attribute respec still costs 2 plat

Nevermind, when you press "yes", a confirmation screen comes up costing 2 plat

DeathDragun
04-12-2011, 01:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y54yESyq6Io

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd374/joeych1andler/b9150dcd.jpg

The video is completely unrelated to Pocket Legends...

MINGxDOG
04-12-2011, 01:23 PM
join game from friend list fail will lead to disconnect,, for me lol

Sharisiggies
04-12-2011, 01:24 PM
downloading now... woooo hooo!!! I'm soooo excited!

Echelong
04-12-2011, 01:25 PM
join game from friend list fail will lead to disconnect,, for me lol

Developers are looking into this ALS answered this already.

Looking into the disconnect when joining friends.

-ALS

bstosnbata
04-12-2011, 01:25 PM
tried respec the skills. it's not free. it appears at first that it's 0 plat. but after you click "buy" it asks if you are sure you wanna buy it for 2 plat . lol. devs please tell me that this version and everything related to this is just your late april fool's prank?

bstosnbata
04-12-2011, 01:26 PM
i'd love to see your face when you find out the update sucks. hahaha

Chant
04-12-2011, 01:27 PM
I've been really bored with PL since Balefort Sewers came out. As I recall, I leveled two characters to 56 and completed ALL my quest on my four alts before I dropped a pink. The only thing stopping me from quitting are the people I have met in game and the excitement of the new update for the anniversary month. However, since May 2010, I have to say that this is the most disappointing update for me. No new maps or unique quest. I'm on an ipad, where's the menu choices in the front page? I'm not even going to comment on the GCD until I get the hang of it. Devs, have you fixed the four missing quest in Balefort Sewers? Can putting the password on a hosted game be optional if the "Host" and only the "Host" invited players in the game to join them. Maybe put a time limit for the players to join who are invited only by the "host"??? (10-20 secs before the game locks for a required password)

I wanted to have the "WOW, this is amazing" expression since it's a one year anniversary. I guess I've been playing this game too much and too long. Maybe it's time to move on. :( I'll revise my thoughts in this matter once tweaks here and there are completed. (*Edits)

*Ipad: It's difficult to host a game when I have to exit, go to town, look for world map, and then host. Please return it to "Exit and then Host"
*As a "Mage at heart", with GCD, don't expect me to heal you as much as before.
*Fart Pack emote was fun at first. Now, it's annoying. I'm puking for all the orange gears I've been getting.
*New Character Creation... high five
*Introduction to the game for new players is so much better.
*Mage should learn "Heal" as their first skill instead of Frostbite. Devs, please replace!!!
*On screen quest instruction(s)... very helpful

bstosnbata
04-12-2011, 01:28 PM
new version sucks!!! and imma keep saying that until they fix it!!!!

Kalielle
04-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Still trying it out. Some initial thoughts:

Having enter world as the only button is really inconvenient. Often the first thing I want to do is to check for friends who are online and join a friend in a game, or else go to some specific town for which I use the world map, and now I have to wait for a town to load before doing that.

But the worst thing is when having multiple characters, I have to enter a town before I can check my gear and stats. For anyone who's misplaced an item and has too look for it through several chars, this is going to be really inconvenient. Also makes it harder to compare stats between characters, or to quickly look at the friends list to search for a friend whom we might not have added on all alts, etc. If there's one thing at the top of my list of things I'd like to see changed - this is it. Please give us some of the other buttons back.

Some of the new emotes are really neat. Point should be really useful. I was never a fan of the fart pack idea, but I have a feeling it's here to stay.

Blue elf face looks different - was this intentional and could we have the old look back? The new look makes my elf look like she's slightly cross-eyed and somehow lost in space.

Still trying out global cooldown so I'll try to keep an open mind and not say anything before I gave it a fair try.

bstosnbata
04-12-2011, 01:30 PM
chant if they wouldn't tweak this you won't even have to quit. cause everyone will be quitting. lol.

Major
04-12-2011, 01:34 PM
bstosnbata just chill, things will get better. Its called trial and error, STS kicks @$$ and they will make everything better.

Weagledan
04-12-2011, 01:34 PM
bstosnbata just chill, things will get better. Its called trial and error, STS kicks @$$ and they will make everything better.

Thank you.

Hayabusaz
04-12-2011, 01:36 PM
I think imma quit . This update ruined all . It sucks , sorry but it really does .

Hayabusaz
04-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Answer this : Now I don't know if I should sell my Sewer king set because devs DIDN'T made any sewer sets !!

MoarPewPew
04-12-2011, 01:37 PM
I just want to say this is a great update. I love the new character creation screen.

But I have a huge problem right now with mages and healing spells in pvp.

Due to the globel cooldown mages can easy heal through all damage that is given to them by any class. All players must wait .5 to use there next skill and while the c/d is up the other skills are refreshing from there standard cooldown. This causes the heal abliity to become over powered because of the lack of damage output now.

I suggest a healing nerf. Also regen is going to be the most important stat now.
Just a heads up.

FluffNStuff
04-12-2011, 01:39 PM
I just want to say this is a great update. I love the new character creation screen.

But I have a huge problem right now with mages and healing spells in pvp.

Due to the globel cooldown mages can easy heal through all damage that is given to them by any class. All players must wait .5 to use there next skill and while the c/d is up the other skills are refreshing from there standard cooldown. This causes the heal abliity to become over powered because of the lack of damage output now.

I suggest a healing nerf. Also regen is going to be the most important stat now.
Just a heads up.

hmm, that gives me a build idea ;)

noneo
04-12-2011, 01:40 PM
First Impressions

I did a Plasma Pyramid run with moog along with much discussion about the new updates.

First off, when logging into the game, the time is significantly reduced to log in. Thank you STS for that, it was quite annoying pre-update.

The “Enter world” screen could be modified in my opinion. I like how simple the layout is, and definitely makes it easier for newer players, but it also took away an important feature to me: The town selection screen. Would it be possible to add just one more button, the map selection button? It would really benefit me, and I’m sure many other experienced players.

The new world map looks really good, I like how uncluttered it is. It also seems more intuitive.

The new faces are quite the selection! I have only seen the mage faces (since that is all I play), but there are some good ones on there. I went with the tribal face :p The standard 5 plat is a very reasonable thing to require when choosing your own independent look. Also, I’m sure the more variety of faces will lead to less “clone” characters walking around. (kind of tired of seeing a group of MM avatars roaming the sewers lol)

A few bugs I have noted:
When I initially installed the update, it would turn my screen black, then revert back to my homescreen. I uninstalled it, redownloaded and installed, and it is working fine so far.

When I click on the “Join” button on my friends list, no matter where said friend is, I get disconnected from the server. However Moog was able to join me in Plasma Pyramid on his second try (first try he got disconnected).

Now about the GCD..
While moog was disconnected from attempting to join, I began to run PP solo. Boy was that a challenge! Timing skills is very difficult to adjust to once you are used to having no cool down between them. While wearing full MM with wand bonus, I almost died 3 times… in PP… That was a shock. This is going to be a massive learning experience about timing skills before combat (buffs, magic shield), and while in combat.

Now when moog joined we began to double team the PP map (both on our mages). He and I played our pre-GCD style and succeeded in the completion of the PP map, but it was slower than I could have done solo pre-GCD. “I think this is the end of the solo days” moog said, and I happen to agree with him. We noticed that mob HP seemed to be less. I was one hitting many of them, when pre-GCD I would not have. Not sure if bosses have changed at all, will have to do more research. I did notice the lightning skill seemed to take effect much quicker, I would cast and almost instantly it would hit (whereas pre-GCD I would cast, followed by a pause, then the bolts would strike). The “available combo time” seemed to be longer as well, which is necessary with the cooldown.

Both of us think GCD will revolutionize the playing style of all builds. Mages have become MUCH more necessary on a team. Since there is such a long cooldown, it takes a whopping 2 seconds to cast all buff/debuff skills. That is the difference between life and death. Throw on a heal and a rev, and you are over 3 seconds. IMO there will have to be 2 mages on each team. One that is the debuff, heal, and rev mage. While the other is the Attack, combo, buff mage. One can simply NOT cast all spells in a group of mobs and be successful. You need a team. Another option would be that one mage chooses one debuff and the freeze skill, and the other chooses the second debuff and the firestorm skill. That way the combo would still be performed, and both can be active members of the team.

I know the devs mentioned they were going to tweak the mobs hp/our damage to make it work better, but I think decreasing the amount of damage a mob can deal is the best option. Getting hit by 10 mobs with pre-GCD (from now on I’m going to call pre-GCD, PGCD) damage is quite damaging, along with the inability to cast heal/drain life (due to it cooling down between attacks), make it MUCH more challenging. By decreasing mob damage (leave our damage how it was PGDC, no need to change that if mob damage is reduced), it would even out the survivability time.

I will wait until I have more experience with the GCD to make a final opinion of it, but for now I’m sticking with “challenging” :p

Question: Are passwords to maps case sensitive? If so, it might be a good idea to make them not so. Some phones auto capitalize the first letter of a word, while others don’t. If a host creates a password and doesn’t realize that it is capitalized, no one will be able to join the game even with the password being “known”.

Mikeylito
04-12-2011, 01:42 PM
hmm, that gives me a build idea ;)

Wow and now people want a MAGE NERF? No fix GCD dont nerf my beautiful mage. Nerfing heal will forever change PVE and what we do best( Heal our tanks!) Back before GCD We were being owned by birds now its your turn to take a beating.

Hullukko
04-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Played some stronghold with a reasonable group, one leaderboard member even there. Wipeouts, no spells, no damage, constantly just waiting for gcd. K&Q now come out together. Took quite a while before we managed to reset them so that only one stayed there to fight. That was all cool, they were too easy, but then... it took for ever, even with red elixirs and all. The whole thing felt about as fast paced as swimming *** first in tar. I closed the game and chuck away the tab.

I know one person who's gonna love this gcd, my wife.

neko
04-12-2011, 01:44 PM
I think imma quit . This update ruined all . It sucks , sorry but it really does .

Guys...RELAX!! Give the devs a chance to address the issues and let the dust settle before bashing them. They've proven it time and time again that they DO hear us and I'm sure they're trying their best. They have plenty riding on their shoulders and with such a tightly established community, they'll sort things out.

bstosnbata
04-12-2011, 01:47 PM

weren't you the one really excited awhile ago to download the new update? hahahaha

noneo
04-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Guys...RELAX!! Give the devs a chance to address the issues and let the dust settle before bashing them. They've proven it time and time again that they DO hear us and I'm sure they're trying their best. They have plenty riding on their shoulders and with such a tightly established community, they're sort things out.

+1

I think people should give the updates a chance, keep a cool head about it, and honestly, just have fun!

bstosnbata
04-12-2011, 01:53 PM
It didn't have to be tried to KNOW it was an error.

There were so many great ideas posted on the forums since the last major update... and what did we get? Farts.

**Hey PL... since you don't actually test this stuff, how about inviting some actual users to do the testing for you?

nicely said dude. all we got was farts, lol

Luchta
04-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Just downloaded it. It's sad to say that I'm fairly disappointed. It wasn't what I was expecting at all with the GCD. I know I said in some post that I like the idea, but now, my phone kinda gave me the disadvantage. Since my phone only has 2 touch points and the second touch point having x and y axis issues e.g. when I am running forward and tap the attack button, it casts a skill I didn't even tap. I've already worked around that issue by using and getting used to the "tap to move" feature so I can shoot skills without using the virtual joystick. The problem now is my thumb blocks the skills when I continuously move which is now necessary for the GCD since it takes longer to complete the skills you plan to use.

Solution & Fact:

New device, I could buy an ipod just for the game. BUT. What I was expecting is that I can tap the skills and queue them. But it turns out, you can't and you have to wait for the GCD itself before you can actually tap anything. So with the sad reality my 300-400 ping and GCD, it takes me around 4-5 seconds to shoot only 4 skills. Now that's a bummer.

I'll have to wait and see if the devs plan to remodel the current GCD and skill scheme. But for now, I'm sort of lost in the game because of the ping + GCD issue.

smokester
04-12-2011, 01:54 PM
ok ppl to whose giving feedback like this sux or im gonna quit or give my old PL back and such but im sorry they are trying to improve the game as a whole and when there's change theres gonna be negative feedback and criticisms... they have been in the past with every major update but we all know what happened after - the devs worked their butt off and the game got better and better with becoming the best mmorpg in the universe so like noneo and neko is saying relax and give the devs at least a chance to tweak or change a few things to make it better and instead of giving feedback like this sux or im gonna quit or give my old pl back how about provide some constructive feedback/criticism like why does it suck? what are the things about it that make you wanna quit or want the old pl back? they want feedback in this sense so they can look at the big picture and make changes that will improve and make the game better as a whole for the future and beyond....

Hayabusaz
04-12-2011, 01:56 PM
What about the sewer king sets like they said !? And the 5 gold faces !?

FluffNStuff
04-12-2011, 01:57 PM
nicely said dude. all we got was farts, lol

Don't forget puking! Anyone QQing over this update should grab a hooch hat and a hooch shield and meet me in Alien Oasis for a pool party. We will pound some hooch and puke in the water! I figure that is a more productive use of time, and it will let people with real feedback get a chance to post.

Echelong
04-12-2011, 02:01 PM
First Impressions

While moog was disconnected from attempting to join, I began to run PP solo. Boy was that a challenge! Timing skills is very difficult to adjust to once you are used to having no cool down between them. While wearing full MM with wand bonus, I almost died 3 times… in PP… That was a shock. This is going to be a massive learning experience about timing skills before combat (buffs, magic shield), and while in combat.

Now when moog joined we began to double team the PP map (both on our mages). He and I played our pre-GCD style and succeeded in the completion of the PP map, but it was slower than I could have done solo pre-GCD. “I think this is the end of the solo days” moog said, and I happen to agree with him. We noticed that mob HP seemed to be less. I was one hitting many of them, when pre-GCD I would not have. Not sure if bosses have changed at all, will have to do more research. I did notice the lightning skill seemed to take effect much quicker, I would cast and almost instantly it would hit (whereas pre-GCD I would cast, followed by a pause, then the bolts would strike). The “available combo time” seemed to be longer as well, which is necessary with the cooldown.

Both of us think GCD will revolutionize the playing style of all builds. Mages have become MUCH more necessary on a team. Since there is such a long cooldown, it takes a whopping 2 seconds to cast all buff/debuff skills. That is the difference between life and death. Throw on a heal and a rev, and you are over 3 seconds. IMO there will have to be 2 mages on each team. One that is the debuff, heal, and rev mage. While the other is the Attack, combo, buff mage. One can simply NOT cast all spells in a group of mobs and be successful. You need a team. Another option would be that one mage chooses one debuff and the freeze skill, and the other chooses the second debuff and the firestorm skill. That way the combo would still be performed, and both can be active members of the team.

I know the devs mentioned they were going to tweak the mobs hp/our damage to make it work better, but I think decreasing the amount of damage a mob can deal is the best option. Getting hit by 10 mobs with pre-GCD (from now on I’m going to call pre-GCD, PGCD) damage is quite damaging, along with the inability to cast heal/drain life (due to it cooling down between attacks), make it MUCH more challenging. By decreasing mob damage (leave our damage how it was PGDC, no need to change that if mob damage is reduced), it would even out the survivability time.

I will wait until I have more experience with the GCD to make a final opinion of it, but for now I’m sticking with “challenging” :p

Question: Are passwords to maps case sensitive? If so, it might be a good idea to make them not so. Some phones auto capitalize the first letter of a word, while others don’t. If a host creates a password and doesn’t realize that it is capitalized, no one will be able to join the game even with the password being “known”.

I agree with what Nono said.

Decrease mob damage is a must now, and did the same and did a run on PP. debuffs now seem obsolete since by the time you cast them you are either dead or mobs are dead.

I am up for the GCD but it needs to be tweaked some or runs are gonna last to long for it to become enjoyable. I will do more testing tonight but buffs and debuffs are the main problem at least with the mage, I haven't tested my bird yet.

Suggestions:

- Allow for buffs and debuffs and healing skills to be used without the GCD; or make buffs last much longer including the bonus buffs received.

- Extend the time frame yo have to cast combos. Combos that can be done with your character only like Hot Flash are easy to pull off still but Nature strike and others are harder to pull off now.

-Decrease Mob damage done.

-If instances are gonna last longer then the drop rate should be increased as well as experience, to compensate for the time increase.

-If not decrease the time of GCD to .25 seconds this will at least wont allow for multi-tap skill spam.

These are the suggestions I could think for now.

Note:

Please give positive feedback suggestions because "this sux, I'm gonna quit, worst update" statements don't help out with anything. Just give positive feedback and developers always listen to us. STS has proven themselves over and over and when players do write positive feedback. Screaming and yelling like little kids doesn't help anyone only annoy players that are reading the thread.

Ayrilana
04-12-2011, 02:13 PM
JustG in Oasis Towne. Looks like a pool party

Justg
04-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Definitely keep a cool head about it. Those that know us, know we will keep working on things until they rock. Troll or multiple cries of this sucks can lead to temp (or perm) bans from here. We need level feedback, not drama.

Olli Walli
04-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Since instructed to post here for feedback, here is mine:

For GCD: I have not changed my mind. I still do not like this feature. For farmers it just bogs everything down. I would compare it to waiting in the doctors office. While i have adjusted to the GCD and can run some maps in the same time before, you can no longer move along with any fluid feeling.

As for the removal of the host game option from the menu screen, I also still wish this would be returned to normal. While I have adjusted to the other location of the host game screen, old habbits still result in me being booted back to town more frequently than I would like.

StompArtist
04-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Definitely keep a cool head about it. Those that know us, know we will keep working on things until they rock. Troll or multiple cries of this sucks can lead to temp (or perm) bans from here. We need level feedback, not drama.

I really like the parokeet face! ;)

Hayabusaz
04-12-2011, 02:17 PM

Yes, sorry G . I think I should say that update is cool . Well i'm just disapointed but emotes rocks !!!!! Good luck STS <3

Kalielle
04-12-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm going to second all those who say that GCD is a great idea for pvp but terrible for pve.

In pvp it's going to change things but in a good way. I hopped in to a few games and while my mage was still usually getting killed by good birds, it felt like I at least had a chance and that there is some strategy out there that would work if I took time to figure it out. Before it used to be just a game of reflexes. Now it's going to take a lot more strategy and advance planning of combos. I like it.

For pve however, it makes the game much slower and less interesting. It's not more challenging, just more grindy. I ran a hideout run with a good party and nobody was ever in any danger of dying, including me as the only mage with a gem blast staff. It just took longer, and the boss took forever. The mobs can't kill you but you can't kill them either. Sitting there chipping away at mobs that won't harm you but have lots of health was always one of my least favorite parts of the game, and now it's worse. Bosses especially seem to take a reaaaly long time without being more strategic or challenging. Goldfever took a while for us, and a friend just messaged me it took them 2 minutes to kill Blanky (or so it felt). I remember that boss in the winter dungeon that was such an unchallenging, long grind to kill. Now all of them will be like this.

The game feels like it's been simplified even more than it was, as if it's now designed for 3-year-olds. There's nothing to reward people who try to speed up runs and take on lots of mobs, because everyone is going to still have to go through the same slow grind. Even super-casual games like Dinner Dash feel more fast paced and adrenaline-filled than this.

Also it's pretty hard to tell when the cooldown is over unless one is looking at one's skills all the time. It takes away from looking at the fight and enjoying the run. I felt like I was just sitting there waiting for a timer to keep resetting itself. Click (watch as cooldown sloooowly goes up), click (waaaait...) and so on. Maybe for someone who is just starting out this is fine, but for those who have been playing for a while we need some faster pacing to keep our minds occupied. It's a video game after all - it shouldn't feel like we are filling out a skills checklist on a really unresponsive task list software running on a 10-year-old computer.

I don't want to sound panicky and overrating but I'm just really sad about this change. Feels like it took away the game. My best in-game friend just messaged me that she logged off because she can't take it and I feel like doing the same. Just feel really sad about how the game now plays. :(

---

Another issue that's much more minor: I know I said I wouldn't complain about the fart pack, but I just really don't like to hear fart and puke noises every time I log into town. Used to be I could leave my device with the sound on and go afk when I didn't want to feel alone (yes I have no life), and all you could hear were the background birds chirping and people sometimes doing fireworks. Now you can't even go into town for a minute without hearing everyone farting and puking. Several of my friends were also saying how disgusting they find this.

Since half the PL population seems to like this kind of humor and the other half hates it, could we have an option to hide those emotes? That way those who find them funny can enjoy them and the rest of us can be left in peace.

MayhemMonkey
04-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Clicking "join" in friends list gets you disconnected. Please fix.
Thank you!

P.S.
I'm running Android version.

StompArtist
04-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Since half the PL population seems to like this kind of humor and the other half hates it, could we have an option to hide those emotes? That way those who find them funny can enjoy them and the rest of us can be left in peace.

I think an option to hide the crude emotes pack would be awesome and make everyone happy.

srcnix
04-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Hey guys, been a little while since I've posted on here but with the new update I really feel the urge to let off a bit of steam.

I've been playing PL since the beginning of the year and you could pretty much say I fell in love with the game and become addicted. Four weeks ago I decided to start a character, specifically a Mage but dual binded with dexterity. This was not my only plan, I wanted to have a character that I was really proud of so decided an extremely high kill to low death ratio. In fact I actually managed to get to level 44 without dying and had 3500 kills, sadly lag got the better of me and I died. Still, 3500 kills to one death is pretty frighin' sweet so as of yesterday I had over 5500 kills to one death and level 47... Then I updated the game today.

The only thing I am really disappointed with is the count down timer. Because it was suck a shock and extremely abnormal to me I actually died extremely quickly, my char is powerful but only because of my ability to play her well and fast. I'd just like to say that the death I just experienced would have been extremely disappointing to me and it would have upset me a great deal but having this death happen because of such a drastic change in gameplay has weirdly reall pi**ed me off (sorry for the swearing but it's well due).

Guys, I will give this new gameplay change a small amount of my time, if I hadn't of died down to no fault of my own I would have spent every minute I had free mastering it but not now.

I would consider myself a valued client, having spent more money on pocket legends than I have any other game on any device, be it a mobile device, console or PC. Having realized that in order to get more from this game I have to share the love with those talented people that designed and developed such a genuinely masterful piece of a mobile game the way I did so was buying Plat to help fund the development. I'm so disappointed that if I can't appreciate this drastic change I'm afraid will no longer be playing the awesomeness that was PL up to 1.7.

Many thanks for reading and I hope I come back with good news that my death has disappeared and I'm comfortable with the game still. Here's to wishful thinking.

Echelong
04-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Yes, sorry G . I think I should say that update is cool . Well i'm just disapointed but emotes rocks !!!!! Good luck STS <3

You should say what you don't like and why you don't like it without sounding like a troll. If you don't like GCD then say the issues you are having and maybe make a suggestion. That would be called positive feedback and the developers can then see what is wrong and find a positive fix.

Obviously something is wrong with GCD so far and a few bugs here and there. I made a suggestion on page 13 and some others have done the same; I am sure devs will read them and find out a way to make the experience better.

As for pvp I haven't tried it but I imagine 2 FF paladins will take weeks to kill each other.

shmoo
04-12-2011, 02:28 PM
I still think the GCD should have been implemented on PvP only. Possible solution: Go map-based? Only enabled for PvP maps?

Any updates on which Balefort Sewer equipments got set bonus? Maybe the orange, purple and green items got set bonuses instead?

Still updating from the App Store. Excited about the new emotes and faces. :)

Benaorn
04-12-2011, 02:30 PM
People will need time to get to use to the GCD. Remember when weapon speed was reduced? People were complaining left and right. After a week everybody get used to the reduced weapon speed.

Jinlac
04-12-2011, 02:31 PM

:o So far i've done a few sewer runs, and i liked it! It felt.. smooth? somehow. Since skill spamming is history, effects aren't overfloating my screen anymore! I like it.
What i didn't like is the speed. I'm not sure if you guys did some tweaking at the bosses but mobs certainly don't die fast enough IMO! And what's up with the set bonuses...? :>

I really like the new aline oasis, i will go fishing there every day!

srcnix
04-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Benaorn, I had no problem with weapon speed changes.

FluffNStuff
04-12-2011, 02:32 PM
To those wondering where the new sets are, they never said it would come from current equipment ...

XRAX
04-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Some problems I noticed:

1)I am unable to join friends from my friends list.
2)I get randomly disconnected from the server. (seems to be correlated with attempted joining)

If I notice anything else I'll post

Benaorn
04-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Benaorn, I had no problem with weapon speed changes.

Sure there are people that don't like, those that like, and those that don't care.

Lesrider
04-12-2011, 02:37 PM
It bothers me that the faces many of us paid for are now free for newcomers, and we have to pay for new ones if we want to look unique.

I used 30 plat total on my 3 faces (as I'm sure many other did as well), and if I now change faces so I can have something besides the now-free ones, that plat went straight down the drain.

I think the fair thing to do would be to give those who bought faces in the past, a chance to change for free to any of the new ones, one time only.

Kossi
04-12-2011, 02:39 PM
It bothers me that the faces many of us paid for are now free for newcomers, and we have to pay for new ones if we want to look unique.

I used 30 plat total on my 3 faces (as I'm sure many other did as well), and if I now change faces so I can have something besides the now-free ones, that plat went straight down the drain.

I think the fair thing to do would be to give those who bought faces in the past, a chance to change for free to any of the new ones, one time only.

and we cant change our basic armour...but the newbies can

FluffNStuff
04-12-2011, 02:39 PM
GCD... im thinking about a boycott until its un-implamented :( sorry devs i feel bad even considering it but if anyone agrees...

Great idea, grab a hooch hat and shield and hit the Oasis pool till they fix it the way you like it.

Hayabusaz
04-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Guys .. what face should I buy for my bird ? =P

superglut2
04-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Im happy with cooldown and i rly rly love the new pl cjar creation. Thenew screen :D

StompArtist
04-12-2011, 02:48 PM
and we cant change our basic armour...but the newbies can

No they cannot. They get to choose the color of their first armor. This colored armor goes away when the un equip it.

Physiologic
04-12-2011, 02:50 PM
I think I've done most of the (hopefully level-headed) discussions in the first GCD thread against the utilization of GCD in PvE.

The purpose of a mobile MMO is to create fast, quick games to farm a couple of items here and there, for a majority of players. It's to level up at a decent pace too, so you don't shut too many players out of repetitious grinding. Now there are some extremists, like me, who can play hours at end. My parties at Balefort Sewers can go through maps anywhere from 3 to 4 minutes, and roughly 15 minutes to get through all maps.

Now, with PvE GCD in effect, it took an elite party over 5 minutes to get through Bandit Hideout (usually we can clear it out in 3 minutes and 30 seconds, with leet players). Stronghold takes roughly 4:00-4:30 with the same leet players, so I don't even want to know how long it will take to finish Stronghold - maybe 7 minutes? Bosses take an excruciatingly long time to kill simply because the 0.5 second cooldown adds up for everyone. There's no change of strategy involved at all; my entire party is using the same exact combos we used prior to GCD, but at an infinitely slower rate. At the rate our party went through Gold Fever, it'll take about 25-30 minutes to complete all the Sewer maps. Now take into consideration noob parties that go through Alien Oasis and Balefort Sewers for the first time. I can't fathom how long they will take, nor the amount of frustration they will experience trying to simply grind out levels. We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...

I believe the PvE GCD will push PL further and further away from a "casual" MMO into an MMO fit more for hardcore players. But if the intent is to market primarily for hardcore MMO players (like players in WoW), then I can see how the GCD's challenge is warranted. Otherwise, the grind will definitely be way too tough for new players. I believe enemy nerfs or increased skill damage needs to balance GCD out.

superss
04-12-2011, 02:52 PM
I think I've done most of the (hopefully level-headed) discussions in the first GCD thread against the utilization of GCD in PvE.

The purpose of a mobile MMO is to create fast, quick games to farm a couple of items here and there, for a majority of players. It's to level up at a decent pace too, so you don't shut too many players out of repetitious grinding. Now there are some extremists, like me, who can play hours at end. My parties at Balefort Sewers can go through maps anywhere from 3 to 4 minutes, and roughly 15 minutes to get through all maps.

Now, with PvE GCD in effect, it took an elite party over 5 minutes to get through Bandit Hideout (usually we can clear it out in 3 minutes and 30 seconds, with leet players). Stronghold takes roughly 4:00-4:30 with the same leet players, so I don't even want to know how long it will take to finish Stronghold - maybe 7 minutes? Bosses take an excruciatingly long time to kill simply because the 0.5 second cooldown adds up for everyone. There's no change of strategy involved at all; my entire party is using the same exact combos we used prior to GCD, but at an infinitely slower rate. At the rate our party went through Gold Fever, it'll take about 25-30 minutes to complete all the Sewer maps. Now take into consideration noob parties that go through Alien Oasis and Balefort Sewers for the first time. I can't fathom how long they will take, nor the amount of frustration they will experience trying to simply grind out levels. We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...

I believe the PvE GCD will push PL further and further away from a "casual" MMO into an MMO fit more for hardcore players. But if the intent is to market primarily for hardcore MMO players (like players in WoW), then I can see how the GCD's challenge is warranted. Otherwise, the grind will definitely be way too tough for new players. I believe enemy nerfs or increased skill damage needs to balance GCD out.

yay phys!!! i like that!

KingGiant
04-12-2011, 02:52 PM
I hate how everyone cries about gcd. It makes the game so much better in my opinion. You actually need skill now to survive and be a good player. Anyone could be decent when you could just spam. Now "some" timing is needed. I barely notice it cuz I was practicing hitting skills slower and in specific orders before gcd went live.

Stop QQ'ing seriously. If the game started with gcd and then they removed it. You would all cry and cry the games too easy. Think about it....

Gcd is a great thing in my eyes. Especially for pvp. Stop crying seriously.

krazii
04-12-2011, 02:53 PM

Aren't people aren't allowed to express their opinions? A lot of us feel like you didn't even listen to a single thing or suggestion we offered about GCD. The biggest of all being that we asked you to implement on PVP first, try it out, and then consider it for PVE? You told the GCD was "necessary" but never gave us a single valid reason why and the game still seemed to be working quite fine.

We all know you work hard to make the game better and we appreciate it! That said threatening to temp or perma ban people because they are upset at something you changed and voice there opinions is bad policy. Perhaps you would consider just letting people voice their opinions, feelings, whatever(as long as it's clean language wise) and take it for what it is (trolling, anger, frustration, cries, drama, etc). We aren't clones.

Kraz

Physiologic
04-12-2011, 02:58 PM
I hate how everyone cries about gcd. It makes the game so much better in my opinion. You actually need skill now to survive and be a good player. Anyone could be decent when you could just spam. Now "some" timing is needed. I barely notice it cuz I was practicing hitting skills slower and in specific orders before gcd went live.

Stop QQ'ing seriously. If the game started with gcd and then they removed it. You would all cry and cry the games too easy. Think about it....

Gcd is a great thing in my eyes. Especially for pvp. Stop crying seriously.

It doesn't make PvE harder. It doesn't take any skill to survive and be a good player at all, as evidenced by my post-GCD sewer runs. It just makes everything slower.

DJMdivine
04-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Im sorry to say, but no one really likes the GCD including myself. IMO its a slow and broken dummed down version of the much better heavy and faced paced gameplay it could still be. If it were me I would keep the GCD and stick it to PVP and take it out of PvE cause all I ever hear is people complaining about being one shot in PVP and only in PVP! Rather than the GCD I think you guys pretty much did excellent in just about everything else except for the few minor glitches which will soon be fixed. Sorry if I sounded a little harsh but this is only feedback after all.

Ty STS, for putting in great effort into this update.

KingGiant
04-12-2011, 03:03 PM
It doesn't make PvE harder. It doesn't take any skill to survive and be a good player at all, as evidenced by my post-GCD sewer runs. It just makes everything slower.

How does it not make pvp harder? The simple fact that you cannot fire off 3 or 4 skills at once with multitouch changes everything. I don't pvp much but I do know people would use multi touch to fire skills simultaneously. Now you can't. And that means more skill.

Edit: oops you said pve . Nvm lol

smokester
i think gcd should only apply to pvp because there are a lot of players who mostly do pve and they like the fast paced style of it and now with gcd its slowed down and many many ppl find it boring because of it... so i think gcd only for pvp pls and also gcd should not apply to the buffing skills i.e. takes a bear like four seconds to buff if they include taunt

Echelong

Actually from a few friends I have that still play WoW they changed the game a lot to be more casual friendly than those of us that came form the MC, BWL, Naxx and AQ20 and 40 era. One friend told me C'tunn(I think this was the name, sorry forgot its been a long time) was one of the main reasons because of the difficulty it had back then.

GCD could still be applied to PVE but in a less annoying way. .5 seconds might not seem a lot on paper but its a lot on the game. Maybe all they need to add is a feature that prevents skill to be used simultaneously or a smaller GCD. I agree with you if maps take too long it would be a very long grind especially the grind to 56.

smokester
04-12-2011, 03:04 PM
How does it not make pvp harder? The simple fact that you cannot fire off 3 or 4 skills at once with multitouch changes everything. I don't pvp much but I do know people would use multi touch to fire skills simultaneously. Now you can't. And that means more skill.

psy said PVE harder not pvp

davidis57
04-12-2011, 03:05 PM
I should put this in bug forum but you might see it here first. It seems I can't join games when invited whether its town or dungeon. When click join nothing happens than my lag jumps up right after that and I get disconnected. This has happened about 7 times today. It happens everytime I click join.

Physiologic
04-12-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm actually supporting the use of GCD for PvP :)

neko
04-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Another issue that's much more minor: I know I said I wouldn't complain about the fart pack, but I just really don't like to hear fart and puke noises every time I log into town. Used to be I could leave my device with the sound on and go afk when I didn't want to feel alone (yes I have no life), and all you could hear were the background birds chirping and people sometimes doing fireworks. Now you can't even go into town for a minute without hearing everyone farting and puking. Several of my friends were also saying how disgusting they find this.

+1 Oh that's brilliant! Admittedly, I'm on the fence with the fart pack. For the most part, I don't want to see it abused but then I'll use it just to humor myself. For the same reason I don't want to be annoyed when I don't want to hear it, I wouldn't want to annoy the next person if they're not in the mood either. A passive "ignore" feature would just solve that!

Along the same lines, I'm still hopeful for a hide Big Luck/vanity item option, too.

DawnInfinity
04-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Overall great update, devs! The cool down will be very difficult to get used to..

Thade
04-12-2011, 03:10 PM
There is a known issue with joining games through the friends list. We are working on a fix.

Kalielle
04-12-2011, 03:11 PM
I believe the PvE GCD will push PL further and further away from a "casual" MMO into an MMO fit more for hardcore players. But if the intent is to market primarily for hardcore MMO players (like players in WoW), then I can see how the GCD's challenge is warranted.

Except that hardcore players would also want fast-paced gameplay which this one isn't after GCD.

Just finished a Stronhold run. It took 4 potted dps players to kill the queen and even then it took a while; they couldn't even make a dent in her with no one potting and even with just a single mage potting. (In case you're wondering, we had 5 in the party and I was the tank keeping King away since I had somehow messed up the pull, and no I don't usually do that - don't know what got into me lol...)

So I agree that some rebalancing of mob hp is definitely needed with cooldown. But even then I wouldn't be a fan of it because it changes how the gameplay feels. The main problem isn't that levels are slower to get through, it's that they're less interesting.

braluk
04-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Thank god I bought the furies and sewers before the GCD. Farming for these are going to globally suck

smokester
04-12-2011, 03:18 PM
I hate It... It ruined pvp.. Not fun anymore

this is exactly the kind of feedback the devs do not want... stop trolling and pls provide constructive feedback/criticism i.e why you hate it and how does it suck?

Yanis
04-12-2011, 03:23 PM
I know I am showing my PL age here, but I've been through enough drastic changes in gameplay and mechanics over the last 10 months to have some perspective that may be useful. When AO3 came out, and killing some bosses required elixirs, people predicted the end of PL. Likewise when "crush the rush" came about. The reality is that the game has changed yet again, and some players will quit as a result, while others will find the game more strategic and complex. For the rest of us, I bet PL will feel "normal" again after a couple of hours of gameplay. Ultimately the devs will do what they think is best for the game long-term and all I can do for now is give them the benefit of a couple of hours of grinding before I declare GDC a success or a failure.

karmakali
04-12-2011, 03:27 PM
There seems to be increased sensitivity with pulling king/queen. We have had to seperate them and kill them that way each of the four times I have run through. Also...it had taken away the fast pace that is a major appeal to me in this game. I dont want to spend 3-5 minutes killing one thing. It gets boring quick. I know you guys are taking all the critique in and trust you will improve some of the issues.

shiftqwerty
04-12-2011, 03:29 PM
The half-second GCD makes it so I can't even drain my mana if I want to. No point in having potions. It slows down gameplay so much that I can't get halfway through a dungeon without dying 4 or 5 times, when just an hour ago I could complete it without dying at all. 1.7.1 is a different game. Not the game I spent money on, and seeing how I have no option to downgrade after 2 PM, I'm pretty sure I just got robbed.

If people like the GCD, fine. Make it an OPTION when you host a game. Don't handicap the rest of us so we're all as slow as those people. (Harrison Bergeron, anyone?)

CanonicalKoi
04-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Having now tried it, I can officially state that GCD sucks. Badly. Big time. No, bigger than that, even. Devs, I love you like brothers, but come on--birds have sucky armor to begin with. The only other defense we have is skills and now those are gone. Is it even possible to self-combo now? Is there some reason why something that's a problem within PvP has to leak over and effect those of us who are primarily PvE? Could you have GCD effect only the arena games and not the rest of us? Please? Pretty please? ETA: yes, you can self-combo, but it is horribly, mind-numbingly slow.

Ah, Smokester requested specifics:
1. Could the Devs make the bird's self-buffs last a little longer? Since I'll now have to apply the buffs a longer period of time before I might need them to make up for the cool-down, it'd be nice if they lasted a bit longer.
2. You've not only made self-combos harder/impossible, but cooperative combos (such as bird/mage, bear/bird, etc.) are going to be next to impossible. Sure, I just threw down thorn wall, but golly, the mage already used their skill of heal so now they can't combo with me thanks to the cool-down. Since cooperation between the different parties is supposed to be a component of the game, the GCD is kind of making that difficult. If we're stuck with the GCD (please, no), can you make so that combos can still occur even though there may be a few second lag between the two parts of it? I.e. I throw thorn wall, but the mage has used heal and can't immediately cast lightning--could you make it so that if they cast lightning after the cool-down, it still takes effect?
3. Birds and mages depend on skills to make up for appallingly bad armor. Are the Devs going to give us better armor to make up for it? Or increase the distance our skills/weapons can hit from so we can stay farther back? Or am I just supposed to buy tank pots from here on in?

Pokechmp
04-12-2011, 03:31 PM
One problem I don't like... Skill recharge

rustyleg
04-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Just thought the game is for fun, with GCD, I feel I am an old crapy man play a crapy game, no fun. will play less and less and finally quit, if no change.

Chant
04-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Devs, removing multitouch doesn't have to mean to slow down gameplay. First time ever... i thought in game "should I rev the dead player or heal the group". Please reconsider finding a better solution without GCD.

drewcapu
04-12-2011, 03:48 PM
We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...

LOL!

Just going to point out a few things from chatbox:

Thade mentioned that KQ weren't meant to be pulled solo and that they "fixed" that "exploit". It sounds like it's still possible to reset them both and have one of them come out afterwards. But you can bet that won't necessarily last long, either. Expect to have them both in the same area when fighting going forward.

Thade mentioned that the new set bonuses are on crafted gear.

Cinco confirmed that gestures weren't mapped for the new emotes. Those might come later...

Vindara
04-12-2011, 03:50 PM
i just updated and it wont let me log in now. what is the problem?

Jinlac
04-12-2011, 03:55 PM
LOL!
Thade mentioned that the new set bonuses are on crafted gear.

In case of the customized set, i wonder why the "new animation (aka. green sparkels) only apply to the recurve version... I didnt't notice a visual change on my cbow^^ Not sure about the stats tho

azulflame
04-12-2011, 03:58 PM
FAIL! IT DOES NOT WORK ON ABDROID!!!! please post the apk file for android users.

MITSUISUN
04-12-2011, 03:58 PM

Excellent excellent points there noneo and moogie, I feel the same exactly. IMO this patch is like a team work patch Entering any game need to have strategy planned out and who is doing what etc. To me, I like it where you have to have a team to help out / balance out each other to acheive maximum result. I only did 1 run in Hideout and already I can see this is happening. Each person will have an assigned task and we finish each other's combo etc.

It's also the era of no more random pugs, no more random game of quicke 3-5 min hideout runs. But since I only do static / friend party, this does not effect me that much.

GCD... will need to test out more for sure, I've never been too much of FAST/ADVANCED skill spammer, I always try to time my combo and moments to release skills with others. This will be a good challenge to play the game which is kinda of a good thing. I mean I do spam fast but not as fast as others that I know.

But boy am I glad I dont need to grind exp for a long while, not sure how long it will take to run with friends now until we all adjust. However, maybe this will stop me from raising a bear... after all, I already gave PL 3 months of my life that I am not getting back :p

It's time to take a breather, let things cool down, let devs and players to figure out what's best for this game. After all this is just first day of release.

Gonna sit back, relax and look forward, better things are yet to come.

NeoQueen
04-12-2011, 04:02 PM
...is, no offense, the worst thing I have seen with this game. It makes no sense to me. U have to wait to use your skills, but then they still have their individual recharge times. Please, please, please ( I am begging you) put the skill controls back to the way they were. They are also darker now which makes some of the skills look as if they are in the recharge phase when they are not, which is very confusing. Otherwise the update is great. I just don't want to quest for the new mystery items due to the skill controls.

Vindara
04-12-2011, 04:04 PM
I had to uninstall the game twice after the new update to log in but i finally got in. log in time is reduced i like that so far.

Diodge
04-12-2011, 04:06 PM
i just updated and it wont let me log in now. what is the problem?

uninstall it .. download it again.... reboot. Then log on
.................................................. .........
I like the start for new players. It is fast and to the point.((I love the way you did the faces. You start with a small choice. Then the mirror offers the pimp faces for plat. Super Sweet idea))

I like most of the faces. Some of them look jacked up in there eyes.

The fart pack. I had some great laughs already on vent.

GCD
PVP..I never pvp. I tried it a couple of times when I started. It made me so madd how people hit 3buttons so fast and I was dead.
I think I will give GCD pvp a try. It seems like there might be more to it now then who can hit the buttons faster when you get in range.
LeveL 10-15 farming .. Nothing changed on the speed to clear my fav place(Mage test)
50+ Im not sure... It is definitely a little slower play.

Mage Idea on GCD-The only thing I would like to see changed on my mage would be dps and buffs be on different cooldowns. I think heal should stay on the dps cooldown.
Maybe take a little time off the cooldown if they cant be split up.

Bear
Bird

((off to test my Bear and Bird))

CanonicalKoi
04-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Mits, I can see your point (and congrats on the 4-grate-pinball--I am not worthy! ;) ), but...sometimes, I just want to play with a group of friends. It may be the most unbalanced (mentally and otherwise) group, but we have fun and we like playing together. Does it have to now be: "Oops....sorry, X, we already have a bear so you're going to have to sit this one out. Sorry, Y, but a Pally just isn't optimal for this run."? I don't want to have to play like that. Last night, running with a mage friend, two other mages and another bird--huge amount of fun, fast runs, and people were having a great time. Today? I don't think we could pull it off. I don't particularly care if a run is fast or not, but I do care about getting to run with a lot of fun people whether the group is "balanced" or "optimal" or not.

xiscottix
04-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I just created a new character: iibearpowerii and I love the beginning, very fast paced and easy to understand.
5+ scott points for spacetimestudious :)

badteee
04-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Return the old version but without multitouch. Please add "Hug" emote.

Blindingmerc
04-12-2011, 04:12 PM
I love everything BUT! The stupid cool down for skills can u just do that for pve? Cause its not pvp without combo's plz:).... :(

Arterra
04-12-2011, 04:18 PM
the new update sucks!!!!!
there is now a global cool down of the speels
so goddbye spamming and combos and rapid fire of speels
what...
they didnt mention that in the new update descrition?!

felt my suggestion would get lost in here.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23351-Skill-cooldown-resolving-skill-types

tifarah
04-12-2011, 04:22 PM
I like the update overall however, I would suggest more xp and increased drop rate(not much higher) since everything takes twice as long :)
I also like Arterra's idea.

Parasyte
04-12-2011, 04:28 PM
This update is garbage. If possible make the screen where u select charecter different and take off the global cooldown!!!!!

Radicalee
04-12-2011, 04:35 PM
is it still possible to access the oasis town even though i dont have alien oasis one i have 2 and 3 i dont have one, wondering how to access it anyone no?

FluffNStuff
04-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Best update EVA!! LOVE the Straffing!!

Hayabusaz
04-12-2011, 04:38 PM
im sorry to say this but IF I KNEW U GUYS WOULD MAKE A COOLDOWN ON THE SKILL, I WOULD NOT BUY ALL THE MAP. i just wanna quit the game now ... sigh ...... wasted $$ buying all the stuff and have fun till lvl 30 ..... thx to u guys for teaching me a lesson. NEVER BUY THING THAT U DONT NEED NOW.

We just said, to stop telling these things . Take your pillow, eat it or scream in it .

Physiologic
04-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Best update EVA!! LOVE the Straffing!!

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/brown-nosing-1.jpg

Artemis
04-12-2011, 04:42 PM
I dont see whats good about it (All those who are saying its awesome) I think it sucks.

red
04-12-2011, 04:42 PM
gcd isn't bad, its actually quite good do to the boost in gaming performance. all im saying

Lesrider
04-12-2011, 04:43 PM
The fart pack is disgusting and annoying. At least let us have the option to ignore them. Especially the ones that shake the screen.

Was really hoping you guys thought of this during a particularly drunk night out and would have come to your senses before the update. Sigh.

RedRyder
04-12-2011, 04:44 PM
First Impressions

I did a Plasma Pyramid run with moog along with much discussion about the new updates.

First off, when logging into the game, the time is significantly reduced to log in. Thank you STS for that, it was quite annoying pre-update.

The “Enter world” screen could be modified in my opinion. I like how simple the layout is, and definitely makes it easier for newer players, but it also took away an important feature to me: The town selection screen. Would it be possible to add just one more button, the map selection button? It would really benefit me, and I’m sure many other experienced players.

The new world map looks really good, I like how uncluttered it is. It also seems more intuitive.

The new faces are quite the selection! I have only seen the mage faces (since that is all I play), but there are some good ones on there. I went with the tribal face :p The standard 5 plat is a very reasonable thing to require when choosing your own independent look. Also, I’m sure the more variety of faces will lead to less “clone” characters walking around. (kind of tired of seeing a group of MM avatars roaming the sewers lol)

A few bugs I have noted:
When I initially installed the update, it would turn my screen black, then revert back to my homescreen. I uninstalled it, redownloaded and installed, and it is working fine so far.

When I click on the “Join” button on my friends list, no matter where said friend is, I get disconnected from the server. However Moog was able to join me in Plasma Pyramid on his second try (first try he got disconnected).

Now about the GCD..

this just about sums it up for me now. my only issue now is the first option menu after logging in. i love everything else.

FluffNStuff
04-12-2011, 04:45 PM
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/brown-nosing-1.jpg

Appreciate the offer but I wear sandals. Anyway, have you tried the new straffing. It is mad smooth, and if you had been here longer, you would know I have been asking for something like this since turn to shoot was added back in August, which BTW, was the WORST UPDATE EVA!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?5256-Bring-back-the-Run-and-Gun

NeoQueen
04-12-2011, 04:46 PM
...is, no offense, the worst thing I have seen with this game. It makes no sense to me. U have to wait to use your skills, but then they still have their individual recharge times. Please, please, please ( I am begging you) put the skill controls back to the way they were. They are also darker now which makes some of the skills look as if they are in the recharge phase when they are not, which is very confusing. Otherwise the update is great. I just don't want to quest for the new mystery items due to the skill controls.

So, I am adding to my initial comment. Can someone please explain to me how GCD in PVP is supposed to help? Just played and, although not given a lot of time, died extremely fast. I mean, as a Mage you want to shield yourself, but then while you are waiting for your skills to 'cool down' you get hit and then no mana. Well there are no potions in PVP so while you a waiting for mana regen your opponents skills have already cooled down and then you are dead. So how is GCD beneficial?

But I digress, my main complaint is with PVE. Playing in the sewers, the only place my Mage can level, is so frustrating and yet boring at the same time. Frustrating because I liked to challenge my self to see how fast I could mass kill with my team while simultaneously healing them and not dying. Now it's simply press wait press wait press wait snooze. Which leads to it being boring. With everyone having to wait to use a skill there is no lull in the killing frenzy where everyones skills are recharging. Therefore are mana potions as a Mage really necessary? We have great mana and health regen and due to the GCD our mana has enough time to increase, taking away one of the greatest Mage challenges- staying alive with no mana! I mean, if I don't need to worry about mana all I have to do is health potion spam and I am okay. Is that how I really want to play this game?

In conclusion I must say that I will never understand the reasoning behind implementing GCD in PVE games. So, until I know for sure if this component of the update will stay or go I am boycotting Pocket Legends. I will save my remaining platinum for Blackstar and, if that doesn't have GCD, spend my time there. I am really sad though. I was leveling a bear and really wanted to see it at level 56.

Ersana
04-12-2011, 04:47 PM
I hate the half sec cooldown for all stats it gets rid of the point of combos. Now you have like a 100% higher chance of dying. Not to mention I can't find the world map!

azulflame
04-12-2011, 04:49 PM
WHAT HAPPENED? IT DOES NOT WORK FOR ANDROID! I run Android 2.2 on a Galaxy S Facinate on Verizon. why will PL not load after update?

Parasyte
04-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Devs honestly consider what the people that have to play the game think of it instead of just oh i think it will be good. It wrecks the whole experience for the oldies.

Rolocoaster
WHAT HAPPENED? IT DOES NOT WORK FOR ANDROID! I run Android 2.2 on a Galaxy S Facinate on Verizon. why will PL not load after update?

uninstall it and redownload it from market place , this worked for me but im on a droid x

Artemis
I wonder what will happen if no one buys plat until they put it back.

Locanis
04-12-2011, 04:52 PM
im sorry to say this but IF I KNEW U GUYS WOULD MAKE A COOLDOWN ON THE SKILL, I WOULD NOT BUY ALL THE MAP. i just wanna quit the game now ... sigh ...... wasted $$ buying all the stuff and have fun till lvl 30 ..... thx to u guys for teaching me a lesson. NEVER BUY THING THAT U DONT NEED NOW.

Settle down TiffanyTan, I am sure with all the current dislike of the new patch, they will be rebalancing it in the near future. My suggestions personally being to either limit the cooldown to pvp only, or barring that, make it less dramatic. Maybe a cooldown of .20 or .25 instead of the current .50 implemented.

This is the first hours of the first day the patch has been released. Like anything new or this different, there will always be "growing pains" until the bugs or balancing have achieved finality. One thing everyone should remember, this game is obviously also out to make a profit and pull in new players as well as retain the current players. If they feel there is a strong jeaprody to the success or survival of the game, it -will- be changed or altered as seen fit.

Artemis
04-12-2011, 04:54 PM
ya... Right like that will happen...

I will. Dunno bout yall but i will.

TheBirds
04-12-2011, 04:55 PM
to be honest... I'm not liking the cool down one single bit! and also they need to put the main menu back to how it was or at lease readd the town selection to it.

Hayabusaz
04-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Thanks this is now the worst game i have played -.-

You sir, are an pure idiot .

krullnan
first download didnt work it crashed i almost cried lol
but uninstalled and worked second time i just finished dwnload... sooooo stoked!!!!

Fawayleik
This timer is poisen. I can not see a advantage. The runs takes 10 times longer now, big mobpulls are deadly, u have to fix your eyes on the timed skills and lost the overview of the fight, traps u have no eyes for...

No Action...
No Fun!

The most motivated thing was farming pinks and gold, this is over

Junside
Lol @ all these people bashing the update with words like "garbage" and "trash" and "worst"

I think you could be more constructive than flaming them for their work. -_- Just sound like a bunch of crying whiners.

Artemis
04-12-2011, 04:57 PM

So am i then?

Physiologic
04-12-2011, 04:58 PM
http://www.deepjiveinterests.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/stop-hammer-time.jpg

Quitting the game completely or refusing to buy Plat because of an update is going too far. Obviously there's a ton of disgruntled players and they definitely foresaw this coming, but as Locanis said, this is only day one of the update.

Junside
04-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Naw devs dont care what u do. They dont care about the people that have to suffer to this garbage.

That was a quick ban.

This was poor feedback anyway. He plays for a few hours or even less and starts getting bitter.

Hayabusaz
04-12-2011, 05:04 PM
So am i then?

I'd like to say YES.

Do you really think that saying " this is the worst game i ever played " is mature or nice !?

I thinked and I now know how much devs worked for this game / update .
This is the BEST game I ever played !

If you guys wanna tell those things , like I already said :

Take a pillow , eat it and scream in it .

- Peace, MC .

noneo
04-12-2011, 05:05 PM

Easy man.

Can't we just hug it out? :)

Echelong
04-12-2011, 05:06 PM
On the original GCD thread I asked developers to test the time it took to clear dungeons with and without GCD. The times should be similar especially since elixirs last only 5 min. If it took an elite team like the ones Phys runs more than 5 minutes to clear hideout this is going to affect the game in a very negative manner.

GCD could be a great idea but it needs to be implemented without affecting the whole game experience. STS made the leveling curve higher than it was (and I agree because it was to easy to level to 50 back then) but now with the GCD leveling can take twice the amount of time and the 56 grind is hard enough as it was. Taking 1/3 more time to clear a dungeon will mean you will take more than half the time more to level up since by the time you reach the end of the dungeon your elixir will expire.

My mage can regen a lot faster than I can cast skills, on one run of PP my mana didn't decrease at all unless I used mana shield. The GCD only means we will use more and more pots not necessarily skill. Multi-class combos will be almost impossible to pull of now. I ran PP with my mage and tried not to use any pots to keep myself alive and regular mobs killed me. By the time Heal was cast and I tried casting a hot flash combo mobs would kill me. Not mentioning Buffs/debuffs been very hard to use in mid battle. Debuffs are almost useless since they only last a few seconds and by the time you cast the damage skill the debuff is almost expired.

I do have my hopes that STS will fix these issues, GCD can't stay like it is now IMO. Very few like it as it is now but the majority (not counting the cry babies) that have made valid points don't.

Hayabusaz
04-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Easy man.

Can't we just hug it out? :)

Sounds pretty good ! :)

Doubletime
04-12-2011, 05:07 PM
I just played through a few Sewer boards and one plasma pyramid to try and get a handle on the GCD effect on my skills. Similar to Moog and Noneo, it took me roughly twice the normal time to complete the PP solo. In other words, it turned a 4 minute run into close to an 8 minute run. Wow that was an adjustment.

So then I jumped into some Stronghold runs with a party made up of three 56 and two 55 characters all in pretty much end-game level gear and all very experienced players. The results were pretty crazy. It was taking close to 10 minutes to finish Stronghold and several of us were running damage pots at one point or another. There were multiple character deaths and I even had a hard time keeping my pally in full FF gear alive at points. There was no pulling because we didn't think the GCD would allow for fast kills of the big groups. I'll try this later to see for sure. Then we arrived at the king and queen and the pull glitch doesn't work anymore. Well that made for a couple more deaths until we just decided to do the old divide and conquor where one person aggros the queen and occupies her while the rest dispatch the king before returning to the queen. It was quite a long fight and tactics are definately going to have to change. And I expect the price of shields and bracers to go through the roof since farming them just got really time consuming.

It appears that one person combos have become very difficult to execute without giving up on other tweener skills that use to fill that gap between the first and second combo skill. It was very common pre-GDC for me to use frost, then lightning, then fire to combo. Or Shattering Scream, Thorn Wall, Blast Shot. That doesn't work anymore. It will require two mage/bird combonations as mentioned earlier where you play off each other's skills or it will require long periods without heals. The ability to use skills between combo skills seems to be a thing of the past now. I am not sure I like the GCD effect, but it is part of the game and I will have to adapt. The days of spamming skills is definately over.

One thing I did notice was that my graphics now seem a little laggy even with really good ping. Game loads and waits are reduced significantly, but the graphics lag is something new that I am just noticing. It would happen pre-GCD when there were big combos or skill usage. Now it seems to take place just moving about the board. Maybe it is my Droid 2, but it is something I haven't seen before.

Fawayleik
04-12-2011, 05:10 PM
@Hayabusaz

Join a run in sewers and try,
Its frustrating, boring, unbelieveable
Who likes this playing style???
Small Kiddis?

Hayabusaz
04-12-2011, 05:11 PM
All this looks like World War III O.o

Let's just all STOP .... no ? :(

MITSUISUN
Mits, I can see your point (and congrats on the 4-grate-pinball--I am not worthy! ;) ), but...sometimes, I just want to play with a group of friends. It may be the most unbalanced (mentally and otherwise) group, but we have fun and we like playing together. Does it have to now be: "Oops....sorry, X, we already have a bear so you're going to have to sit this one out. Sorry, Y, but a Pally just isn't optimal for this run."? I don't want to have to play like that. Last night, running with a mage friend, two other mages and another bird--huge amount of fun, fast runs, and people were having a great time. Today? I don't think we could pull it off. I don't particularly care if a run is fast or not, but I do care about getting to run with a lot of fun people whether the group is "balanced" or "optimal" or not.

Heh heh, that is just it. We all have different style of running maps/boards. I have friends who are aiming for perfection / effective / fastest / endless combo / fun&casual&chatty / static pink farming / no talk / non-stop death train / double/triple round-up / massive slime mob pull / row pulling etc / in each of any category imagined, and I enjoy every single one of them, with friends, or friends of friend because I only run with people I like, people I trust, and people that will endure / tolerant my non-stop fire crate noobing capability :p

Never in my PL life that I would ask someone to leave because we don’t need the race/class nor it will ever happen just because of GCD and what-not. Regardless of class specialty, I am happy to do 5 birds party, 5 elf, 4 bear party ( I don’t have high lv bear) anytime, as long as they are all friends of mine, and friends with each other, and wants to run together. ( if and when it’s really come down to the point of not balanced or doable because it takes 10 mins to kill KQ, then we swap friends with other friends party. “hey, I got 2 extra mages, can I swap a bird from you?” “ Wanna trade one of my bear for your pally ? “ )

There’s always a way. (at least dying in this game does not have exp loss, or I am gonna be lv0 )

Not enough damage? Damage elixir, swap to bow bear, have a macro to time combo together.

Dying too easy and not getting heals? stock more Health Pot to spam, defense elixir, increase ur equip ac

No mage? Health pot yourself to life

Died no mage? Run / speed elixir / plat res

This patch is hard to swallow at the moment, but we really all need to give each other a chance or at least multiple tries to adjust.

CanonicalKoi
Took three of my characters into first level of Balefort, "Broken-hearted Halls". I don't have a 50-51 bird at the moment, but I tried to keep them as close in level as I could.

Level 54 bird - run took me 3 minutes 20 seconds, rather slower than before. Self-combo works....mostly. There were times when it would and times when it wouldn't in spite of me hitting Blast Shot as soon as it was available. The full-meal-deal combo (Thorn Wall-Scream-Blast) no longer works due to the amount of time taken by cool-down. Swell. So your self-combo takes out fewer possible enemies now. Sad bird.

Level 50 bear - run took me 4 minutes 55 seconds, considerably slower than before. Bears got a bye in this mess--self-combo of Beckon and Stomp isn't any different since by the time Beckon finishes taking effect, Stomp is available. However, the combo of Stomp with one of the Slashes doesn't work--how can it? By the time a slash is available, Stomp has already happened and your target is now 10 feet away.

Level 51 mage - run took me 4 minutes 40 seconds, again considerably slower than before. Ice/Firestorm combo still works, but you can no longer combine it with Lightning (Lightning/Icestorm/Firestorm) for the better effect. Same problem here as with the bird self-combo: sometimes it works and sometimes not. Also, hope to heaven you don't need to heal yourself or someone else and then need an offensive spell because you won't have one.

The new map is nice. The mana/healing effect of the Oasis pool? Nice. The new faces and emotes, with the exception of the whole fart thing losing its novelty effect about the third time you hear it, are nice. The cool-down thing, though, is a pain. The game was fast-paced and exciting and now it's a slog through a sea of cold molasses.

Hayabusaz
04-12-2011, 05:12 PM
@Hayabusaz

Join a run in sewers and try,
Its frustrating, boring, unbelieveable
Who likes this playing style???
Small Kiddis?

Already did , it's not that hard man .
Like people already said , this will let you put
Your players skill in action ! ;)

Artemis
04-12-2011, 05:14 PM
I'd like to say YES.

Do you really think that saying " this is the worst game i ever played " is mature or nice !?

I thinked and I now know how much devs worked for this game / update .
This is the BEST game I ever played !

If you guys wanna tell those things , like I already said :

Take a pillow , eat it and scream in it .

- Peace, MC .

Didnt you quit? Seems like you love the game A LOT.

Artemis
04-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Holy crap i just attempted PvP...

skavenger216
04-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Well, I just did a few sewer runs and spent some time in town talking to other players and the general consensus is that the gcd sucks, it really takes a lot of fun out of the game

I seen a lot of ppl in game saying if it stays this way they are going quit PL. if the gcd isn't removed or at least shortened to .25 seconds, I may have to quit too. I've spent too much money on this game to have it not be fun for me anymore

Fawayleik
04-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Omg,
This was the best mobile game ever...
Why did they do that. ????

When im sitting in train or standing at a busstop i do a fast sewerrun.
This few minutes here or there u got before.
This is gone. I am realy angry!!!!!

jaggedlilpill
04-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Good: Like the new login screen, the change in appearance, faces, emotes (even though farts annoying, but funny)

Bad: GCD makes gameplay horribly boring and slow...even with a good group. I feel as it takes the fun out of the game. Also, I liked how you could go to the join game screen or host game from the login page.

On that note: Have the devs responded to any of the feedback on GCD? I'm worried that this will ruin the game, in making it too boring and slow. :(

rocket
04-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Everyone, there is no point in flaming each other. Please post your criticism and/or support constructively.

As far as the Global cooldown and PVE, I am currently not a big fan. It has changed the dynamics of the game significantly. In my opinion, the gameplay feels much slower without any significant change in strategy. Now I feel like I am constantly staring at my skills to see when I can press the next button as opposed to keeping my focus on the main screen action. Perhaps that will change as I get more accustomed to the GCD. Maybe the best compromise is a GCD of 0.1 or 0.2 seconds for PVE while keeping it at 0.5 seconds for PVP.

Also, I think it would be more beneficial to change the DPS of the mobs as opposed to lowering their health. Since players now kill slower, the mobs need to kill slower as well to balance things out.

Has anyone tried out the Shadow Caves since the update? I am curious to see how the GCD affects gameplay there most of all.

noneo
04-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Has anyone tried out the Shadow Caves since the update? I am curious to see how the GCD affects gameplay there most of all.

I'm farming there tonight. I'm assuming the GCD made the ELITE caves a bit more ELITE. Me likey :)

asommers
04-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Hey guys, we're listening. We're going to let the dust settle.

-ALS

markus
04-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Idk I kinda like it for pvp cause it drgs out the game makes people use a little more strategy. It makes pvp feel more like pvp. However pve it sucks really bad and in my opinon has ruined pve. I don't even feeel the need to log on now. Was a great game but just sucks now........... I didn't mind grinding the dungeons for gear b4 because I still need gear for pvp but what's the point I can pvp but not with gear I wnt and I am not gona get gear I want cause honestly dungeons suck now with gcd.... hope something changes or I might have to put my time into one of the other new upcomming mmorpgs(order and chaos online or world of midguard). I think this might be it for me for pocket legends. We will just have to see how things go.

Maybe tweaking dmg or health of mobs or even making only certin abilities on gcd while alowing others to be off of it. Idk what but hopefully something changes with it cause as it is now its just terrible!

Fawayleik
04-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Yea,
The shadows kills you with 2 hits. You have to spend much plats to rev fast and deal constant dmg.

Saltylooks
04-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Hello! I was going to moan about a few things but its figured out now. One irk is, as a mage who dies ALOT, i spent plat by accident instead of tapping accept revive and i tap alot without thinking (Sorry if i sound cheap :o). Other than that update is okaaay just need to get my bearings again.

jaggedlilpill
04-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Yeah I think it's good for PVP just not for PVE. If only they could make it for PVP only.

tifarah
04-12-2011, 05:42 PM
The GCD sucks, but I can see maybe getting used to it, but if it is to stay please:
1: decrease mob damage
2: increase XP dramatically
3: increase drop rates 1% now?? should be a 3-4% if its to take this long.
4: increase elixir lengths

P.S: I just cant see myself farming solo for gold anymore. takes to long even at 56.

Gluttony
04-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Okay, so after being forced to update (yeah that's right I played on the 1.7 server until it was shut down), and reading all of the hate the new patch was getting I have to say that I was prepared for the worst only to be pleasantly surprised. Now for my breakdown of the current update (subject to change).

1) Global cool down (GDC), sure this will take some getting used to, sure it will increase the time it takes to complete each run (almost exponentially it seems), sure it will force players to work together, sure it will cause you to plan out how you use your abilities... but are all of those bad things? I'm not going to say that I'm completely for this change, but I'm willing to give it a shot. The previous button mashing play of old may have finally come to an end; think of when you went to the arcade to play Street Fighter (or any variation of) only to get beat by some kid half your size who was just mashing those buttons relentlessly, never happened to you... NEVER... okay so it's just me then. I personally look forward to the challenge and conquering it.

Pros: Adds a level (or two) of skill, may decrease server lag
Cons: The age of the PUG may come to an end, player booting will increase to an all-time high, no more quick play (I suspect this is why they removed the option from the main log-in)

2)New character creation, the variety of faces I have seen are awesome and too bad that only new players get to actually reap the benefits of armor colors and 5g faces, though this is one of those things... if you want the newest toys first you have to be willing to pay. This addition is something I think everyone will agree will add some welcome variation to the PL world.

Pros: New look (for a price)
Cons: New players are getting something for seemingly, nothing

3)New emote packs, SERIOUSLY, I mean farts/vomit... I know they have their place in humor, but this is permanent. I’m very fortunate that I don’t actually play the game with sound (took forever to figure out why I was the only one who didn’t understand how to beat Gurg) this will just get boring... fast, like the amount of time it took me to type this out, yep that was it, I’m over it!

Pros: (Digs deep) yeah I got nothing
Cons: Annoyance factor x10

4)Visual overhaul, good job team! Some of the looks make this game just feel a bit more fluid. I love the moonwalking, Michael may have passed on, but his spirit still lives in PL! Well there is always a downside isn’t there?! Enter world or log out, that is the question. What happened to quick play or actually choosing which world I want to enter? This will probably get changed, but for now it’s an issue. What about the join button (yeah I know they’re working on it), but in the meantime I cannot join my friends even in towne. I read the suggestion of join them through the join game screen, but what about those pesky little side quests in the BS side maps? We’re pretty much going to have to plan a trip with some friends or a solo marathon for those daily quests until this is fixed.

Pros: Everyone loves eye candy
Cons: Missing options/buttons from the log-on screen, can’t join friends

5)New BS equipment set bonuses, I’m guessing that this is strictly for the crafted sets (correct me if I’m wrong). This is a good change; however I still don’t see the point of trading stats (DMG for H/s, M/s for H/s, you know the rest). The set bonus doesn’t really nullify this.

Pros: Everyone loves a good set bonus
Cons: Still have to sacrifice something to get something else with a bonus if you do it enough times

Well those are the points that I’m going to touch on. What I wonder is if this update is really what the community asked for?! Crafting issues, visual changes to the numerous BS sets that look exactly the same, craftable rings/vanity, drop rate increases... these are just a few items that I see a new thread about almost daily, but none of them were touched. Instead, we get something that the community was split down the middle about from the very beginning. I’m sure that the devs will work on these little issues and many more, but it all comes down to this update created a problem that maybe even they can’t fix.

Echelong
04-12-2011, 05:46 PM
The GCD sucks, but I can see maybe getting used to it, but if it is to stay please:
1: decrease mob damage
2: increase XP dramatically
3: increase drop rates 1% now?? should be a 3-4% if its to take this long.
4: increase elixir lengths

P.S: I just cant see myself farming solo for gold anymore. takes to long even at 56.

Yep these are about the same points I have. Maybe decrease GCD or remove it and just disable multitap.

bstosnbata
04-12-2011, 05:53 PM
what i don't like about GCD is that it makes everything slow and more boring. it's not really fun guessing when your party does this skill to do a combo and stuff like that.

and people who didn't update yet their app can still play the old version right?
so for us who updated it we would be crawling our way to the top. where as the ones who didn't update it and got aware of the situation won't update theirs and continue farming until they are set (lvl 55-56 and have all the stuff they need). think it's fair?

and for bears with the burden of GCD. rage isn't even as effective cos even tho it runs in the same time span we can't spam as much skills as before. and so goes with our ironblood. it runs like 12 seconds on max skill level. how many monsters can you knock down with that before your ironblood runs out and monster gang bang you to death? same goes to pvp, seriously what can rage do to a mage who has mana shield without spamming skills? so it's an advantage for mages and with the GCD they don't even need that much mana. i'm level 35 i tried going 1 on 1 with a level 35 elf before. she used mana shield on me i even find it a hard time to kill them without GCD.

solutions:
devs if you wanna balance out pvp try to just nerf some crazy skills of one class.

like if mages are owning then take a bit something from them like kiting.
same goes to bears, take beckon out on pvp. to birds i don't know what's owning about them but same goes for them. this is a solution usually used on a lot of mmorpg games, they don't change right away the basic gameplay of a game. like DOTA every other version if one hero is so strong then they lessen something from their skill. what you guys did i can compare to the college i was in to before. the first semester we were doing fine and then at the second semester they changed the whole curriculum o_O.

just suggestions and i hope this help you guys in anyway.

oh and please put quickplay back. that helps a lot. we can look at existing games and levels that we think we can level up fast on. that also helps on going to pvp at choosing pvp matches.

tifarah
04-12-2011, 05:55 PM
This brings up an interesting topic. I had posted a thread awhile back about "things I would like to see". I mentioned about requiring more skill bigger/more creative monsters instead of hundreds of tiny peons. The answers I received were along the lines of "casual game" and "mobile, non time consuming". Pretty sure this update just made it "time consuming" and everything else people replied and stated. Sorry trying to be funny at a very serious time. Hope this makes some sense to someone.

krazii
04-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Hey guys, we're listening. We're going to let the dust settle.

-ALS

Thank you for letting us know your listening. It actually means more then you know, sometimes there's an impression that our voices are not heard or worse that we will be banned for our comments if they aren't positive. Please keep us up to date and possibly let us know what you think of our suggestions.

Thanks,

Kraz

Fawayleik
04-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Its like to play piano, a guitar or tipping on a keyboard.
You know where your skillbuttons are to push.
The global timer force you to check if ready.

WITH TIMER ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO DO YOUR ROTATION OR FLEXIBLE REACTE FAST!!!

NO ROTATION, COME ON!!!!

aldoric
04-12-2011, 06:03 PM
omg this is sooo sweet'