PDA

View Full Version : Global cooldown is not very advisable in pve.

Skyler84
04-12-2011, 12:45 PM
I just tested out the global cooldown and it is very bad for pve especailly in high level maps where mobs are in groups. With this global cooldown, the skills will be so stiffen up. And by then, people will die more than they can survive. Time to complete the game increaae very badly. Its really very bad. I hope global cooldown will be removed for pve. Pvp with global cooldown is still acceptable because it prevent players from skill spamming. Pve is against groups of minion. Just imagine how fast you die before you can skill if the global downdown is applied? 0.5 second is way more than enough for them to kill you. In short, you are dead before the global cooldown ends.

I would like to explain myself abit, its still possible to complete the game with boss pawned but its v hard to complete with inexperience player (inexprience as in still new to sewer maps). In the end, new players will have a hard time leveling. Actually to be specific, catacomb is the map that is way too hard with global cooldown.

Abaleuibub
04-13-2011, 03:20 AM
Your suggestion sounds not too bad.

Fatpigwarrior
04-13-2011, 04:58 AM
depending on how bad cool down is, i may quit pl

Acyer
04-13-2011, 05:25 AM
Guys I played for hours last night on my warbird in ao3 and had a blast with the new gcd. I play on my droid so the cooldown really isn't a big deal as we never had multi touch. If you learned to play by spamming skills then you need to stop and read what skills do and learn which ones are important to cast and adjust to the gcd.

Zipponator
04-13-2011, 05:31 AM
Well said! ( rief )

Justg
04-13-2011, 06:48 AM
We've been listening, and still are. New iteration to come. We are still consolidating feedback in this thread please: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23320-Client-Update-1.7.1-is-Live!