PDA

View Full Version : Change to King and Queen

AnotherAzi
04-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Anyone figure out the new way to do this? You can't pull only one. I think you need to somehow aggro one of them on the way back into the room. We did it somehow in a run just now but have no idea how.

edit:Just did it again; seems you have to get one on the way back in.

edit 2: The other approach that almost worked was pulling both, having someone with agro run from one and having someone else gain agro on the other. The one you run away from resets and goes back to room. The one that is aggroed stays out in hallway and you can keep them separated that way. Be careful because the one back in the room can come out pretty easily if you get too close.

I will save commentary on how loooooooooooooooong it takes to kill the queen with gcd for another thread.

Zeus
04-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Go to YouTube. Search PLGUIDES. I have a video showing how

AnotherAzi
04-12-2011, 02:52 PM
You have a video guide up since the update? The old pull doesn't work.

Benaorn
04-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Doesn't work anymore. Dev said it was an exploited or bug before. 1.7.1 fixed it.

Physiologic
04-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Time to use Tanker's pots!

Lesrider
04-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Weird... Wasn't that the whole strategy -- separate them to defeat them?

Benaorn
04-12-2011, 03:05 PM
I am not sure if you can separate them with pull and reset or not but you can't just stand near the chest and the king or queen would come out anymore. I am just guessing. I haven't even download the update yet.

CanonicalKoi
04-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Nothing to see here....hadn't downloaded the update before spouting off. ;)

Ayrilana
04-12-2011, 05:43 PM
I think I know how. I was doing it until the old method was posted which was actually easier

noneo
04-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Weird... Wasn't that the whole strategy -- separate them to defeat them?

That wasn't the devs intention. Why do you think they were placed so close together :p

Arterra
04-12-2011, 05:50 PM
but it makes sense!

now what, do we need a bear to take the queen out of the room to be blasted until the rest of the team finishes off the king?
oddly, that makes sense...

queondaa
04-12-2011, 05:54 PM
We used two bears and one bear distracted king while everyone else attacked queen and then switched once dead. Best temporary fix for the moment.

Major
04-12-2011, 05:58 PM
You could maybe try pulling one out as far as possible then run back till the one you pulled starts heading back and hopefully the other will still be coming at you, then you would have to run back before they start running back too lol. I really haven't tried it...just an idea.

Wushu
04-12-2011, 06:21 PM
You could maybe try pulling one out as far as possible then run back till the one you pulled starts heading back and hopefully the other will still be coming at you, then you would have to run back before they start running back too lol. I really haven't tried it...just an idea.

At the launch of BS, parties of lvl 50s just split into 2 teams and one distracted the Queen, while the other took the King down. This correction of the "pulling one outside the room" exploit will make good tank bears important to Stronghold runs.

Genes
04-12-2011, 06:39 PM
There goes the fun... the farts, the cool down time, the changes to king and queen... What else..This update is starting to be annoying. Geez...

choco
04-12-2011, 08:20 PM
game getting too hard? lol...

seriously, give it some time. i always found it very easy prior to this update. i realize muscle memory is getting in the way atm, but we will all adjust soon.

Arterra
04-12-2011, 08:42 PM
game getting too hard? lol...

take a time machine back to the first week of AO3.

itzyou
04-12-2011, 08:44 PM
already long to kill queen with noob groups now imagine a gcd extreme noob group ahhh

roth140
04-12-2011, 09:05 PM
I aggro'd queen just fine. King stayed behind. I tried my normal method of running up the side but they both came out. I ran back and reset. It worked on the second try. I just ran in a -little- bit, and she came forward.

:)

Ellyidol
04-12-2011, 09:17 PM
I'd think the easiest way to lure one would be:

Bear enter, take both aggro.
Bird comes in and takes either K/Q by single target shots.
That target should switch aggro, especially if bear is just tanking it, and not taunting/doing debuffs/damaging.

The rest is just pure DPS from there. Have yet to try it, but my gut feeling.

kopi
04-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Anyone tried using a bear staunt? I used to stand on top of second pole and taunt, getting only the king. does that work anymore?

Otukura
04-12-2011, 10:42 PM
I aggro'd queen just fine. King stayed behind. I tried my normal method of running up the side but they both came out. I ran back and reset. It worked on the second try. I just ran in a -little- bit, and she came forward.

:)

Exactly.. queen is still pretty easy to lure, 80% of the time. Just have everyone ready to run. "Get ready to run" is my second preset now.. lol

Got a bracer on my first run today :P... I seem to only get pinks with my bird.... so annoying.

j46g629h
04-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Go to YouTube. Search PLGUIDES. I have a video showing how

Can you just provide the link here, can't find it on youtube. Thanks :)

Slush
04-13-2011, 01:40 AM
take a time machine back to the first week of AO3.

hell yeah man

Arterra
04-15-2011, 09:58 PM
So what is the trick anyways? I saw a bird today stand there and suddenly the queen is coming at us. Barely in the room :S

Barely doing that map since last time ended up doing this
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/2475df56.jpg

Ayrilana
04-15-2011, 11:07 PM
So what is the trick anyways? I saw a bird today stand there and suddenly the queen is coming at us. Barely in the room :S

Barely doing that map since last time ended up doing this

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23407-How-to-Separate-Bandit-King-and-Queen