PDA

View Full Version : 1.7.1. Content Update (56936)

asommers
04-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Android skills interface now shows the correct Platinum Price for Skill Point Re-Spec.
The Enchantress' green "Orcish" and "Tattoo" Magic Mirror looks now have appropriate names.
Temporarily disable Join button on friend's list while we're working on a fix.

NickFresh
04-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Plz.take.off.global cooldown.from pve or fix.the trash mob kill time.and.drop.rate.

TitoAllan
04-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Pocket Legends wont launch after patch 1.7.1. Installed the patch and when I click on the pocket legends app it doesn't launch. I rebooted my phone and it still doesn't launch. Is it just me or is anybody experiencing this?

Wushu
04-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Pocket Legends wont launch after patch 1.7.1. Installed the patch and when I click on the pocket legends app it doesn't launch. I rebooted my phone and it still doesn't launch. Is it just me or is anybody experiencing this?

If you are on Android, uninstall the app completely, then re-load and install from the market. That fixed it for me -- Droid X.

Fawayleik
04-12-2011, 04:43 PM
I have no fun to play, the timer slow down the gamespeed. Its awful. Before the game remember me the good old bloodruns in diablo 2. Now its boring slow. No action-rpg any more...
Pls do it away! :(

Major
04-12-2011, 05:03 PM
No matter what anyone says STS. This game is still great, obviously things need to be 'adjusted' here and there, but this all takes time. Trial and error....cant live without learning. Anyways Thank you for the hard work that you guys do!!

Giggly
04-12-2011, 05:14 PM
True, i still like the game and I think that the devs usually add interesting and exciting elements/updates to the game. However, the magic cool-down feature makes the game play clunky and, most importantly, not as fun. This new feature removes a degree of freedom that assists in combos, quick decision making, etc. Its a step backwards towards turn based role playing games.

lilbyrdie
04-12-2011, 05:16 PM
If you are on Android, uninstall the app completely, then re-load and install from the market. That fixed it for me -- Droid X.

I had this same problem, but I just went in to the application settings, chose clear data, and then relaunched. Worked like a charm; no need to reinstall (clears out the data and so it behaves as if it's launching for the first time).

Genes
04-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Can't auto update on the iPhone. Deleted the app. Went to app store, description of the game is still 1.7. Have not downloaded it yet. Can anyone confirm if it's 1.7.1 or 1.7 on app store?

Brompau
04-12-2011, 05:57 PM
I agree with everyone who says the cool down has diminished game play. I just logged in, and many people online were complaining about it also, and I even hopped around a few towns. If anyone is listening, please send out another patch removing this PLEASE. Otherwise, good job with everything else.

AkoSiPinoy
04-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Can u remove the cooldown from pve.. it makes farming really slow :(

ershishido
04-12-2011, 06:00 PM
After uploading new content, I couldn't restart the application until I moved the app to the phone vs. the SD card. But the real problem now is that I don't get the "World Map" button. I only get the "Enter World" and "Log Out" buttons. Pain in the rear to find any games at this point.

PatsoeGamer
04-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Please remove the cool down element, it's ruined the gameplay which used to be fluid and fun, fast and furious. It's become all stop start and my eyes are drawn over to the skills screen constantly. It's giving me a headache! And taking all the enjoyment out of playing

The new faces are great, and the ability to respec skills is great too, but the fun aspect of the game is gone. It's become a pain to play, lots of friends are complaining... :-(

DJDragon
04-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Not only has the global cooldown diminished game play by making it mind numbingly slow... Speaking for the enchantress class (I have a lvl 56 int mage) and all of us that worked very hard or spent alot of money on aquiring the full mega mage set which gave us a mana regen rate around 44 that was very useful. I'm no pro, by any means nor do I make elaborate tests but I switched my armor set so I had a 17 mana regen rate and ran plenty of maps spamming all skills as fast as the new global will allow. Even with a mana regen rate of only 17 (down from my mm set of 44) I still had no mana drop when spamming skills. This has taken away most of the benefit of having the mm set. Please figure out another way to make the game more challenging... The global cooldown quite simply makes it annoyingly slow and boring. You're taking away the action!

ChadM
04-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Worked for me, the new combat takes a minute to acclimate to, but I like it. Should make PvP more about skill and less about the device youre on. Skill and strategy now have more weight than button mashing as fast as you can, so I expect PvP to get a lot better. Some bugs and inconveniences getting around the join button problem, but I'm looking forward to what changes this publish brings in the community.

PvE seems about the same.

Acyer
04-12-2011, 06:48 PM
To Droid users like myself the gcd really doesn't bother me as we never had multi touch and learned to play with a "cooldown" the cooldown being in touch spots. Learn to time yours skills now instead of just pressing all of them.

roth140
04-12-2011, 07:06 PM
New faces and respec cool.

What are the new set bonuses?

Please remove the cooldown, it is giving me a headache. Watching the right side of my screen flash is stupid and annoying. If the cooldown is going to stay forever, get rid of the entire panel flashing. This is the first bad feature ive seen added :/

Branmakmorn
04-12-2011, 07:07 PM
I like the cool down....now you have to "play" and think......not just mash buttons fast!!!!! Love the game, keep up the good work!

ChadM
04-12-2011, 07:09 PM
To Droid users like myself the gcd really doesn't bother me as we never had multi touch and learned to play with a "cooldown" the cooldown being in touch spots. Learn to time yours skills now instead of just pressing all of them.

This is why it's a good update. It levels the playing field for PvP and has very little effect of PvE. Some bugs to work out? Sure. But in the end, it's what's best for everyone, give it a chance.

matamurman
04-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Pls get rid of this global cool down the spells weren't broke not the game play stinks game was totally awsome till this patch

Major
04-12-2011, 07:42 PM
I like the cool down....now you have to "play" and think......not just mash buttons fast!!!!! Love the game, keep up the good work!

There we go, entusiasm just what we need here. It does make you have to think more about what spells to use. Good job STS!!

StompArtist
04-12-2011, 07:43 PM
There we go, entusiasm just what we need here. It does make you have to think more about what spells to use. Good job STS!!

Not true. Do the same combos just walk slower. :D

RahX
04-12-2011, 07:44 PM
I am not a fan of the global cool down. I was never a button masher, i had my rythym and button timing down to a science. Now by the time i take my eyes off of the skill square im either dead or shooting nothing. My combo setup still works but if i want to do a combo i have to sacrifice heal or buffs. Also my ping is exactly the same and gameplay still plays the same as far as video lag and whatnot. I do not feel the gcd has fixed anythng other than making birds LESS lethal in pvp.

choco
04-12-2011, 08:10 PM
+1 for the GCD...although i understand why the button mashers are up in arms.

the game lagged and was way to easy before. this was a much needed change.

matamurman
04-12-2011, 08:12 PM
,Oh ya to add, why would u add a cool down to stuff that already has a cool down? Other than that this game and you guys at space time rock, this game took over my everquest addiction, keep up the good work!!!!

Fabunni
04-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Please remove that 1/2 second cool down. It really slows down the fast action that I love about the game.

maddogcharlie
04-12-2011, 08:50 PM

Had the same issue with my droid, uninstalled then went to the market downloaded again and works fine. Your account login will have to be re-entered (Email and password) but all your account details are stored on their servers so its cool.

good luck

darkerelf
04-12-2011, 08:56 PM
I hate the cool down ontop of a spells that already have cool down time. This makes the game less enjoyable. I am going to drop my ratings in the market do to this, I hope everyone does the same. I mean all those countless hours spent playing and now this. I'm pissed...

The Real Jira
04-12-2011, 08:56 PM
I really enjoyed the pace of the game prior to this patch.

I've been playing MMOs for over a dozen years and this game more than any other reminded me of my first MMO love... UO. In that game, timing and speed (twitch) separated the top level gamer talent from the mediocre masses. With this patch, the game has become a slow drag. It makes me sad.

I've been here since early on, and I've made some good gaming friends - no price can be put on that. In addition, I've spent over $100 on content and platinum (without regret) so I think I've been a good customer -- the type STS would seek to retain in this game and carry to any new products they launch.

Current state, with such a major change in game play, I can't see myself playing PL much anymore. I really hope that the development team reconsiders, and/or finds alternate solutions to their scaling and server performance issues to return the game to its fast and furious state. While I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt as they've quickly corrected mistakes in the past, I'm not expecting a reversal. As such, hopefully I can find another game I've enjoyed as much as this one. To STS, I'm really happy to have been part of such a fun game and to watch your success in revolutionizing mobile gaming, you've delivered an amazing mobile experience and invented a new genre in gaming.

Best,

j

maddogcharlie
04-12-2011, 09:01 PM
So the join button doesnt work, no worries.......A blinding storm swept into Forest Haven making travel barely possible, roads turned to rivers and trees crashed blocking pathways. The intrepid adventurers feared they could not join with their companions and embark on their latest quest. The driving rain hammered the ground with such force that the path into the forest became a soft mud, slowing the warriors progress as he shook off the worst and pulled back his hood. Barely able to make out the way ahead his eyes shifted constantly. The storm and rain providing cover for his advancing enemies. Without his trusted Mage and his eagle eyed archer by his side he felt very alone..........

FluffNStuff
04-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Oops, wrong place.

chappy
04-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Hi Spacetime CEO,

This is my first post.I have 3 chars chappymage, chappybear, and chappybird. I just finished 100 totems for all but bear. As soon as bear is done 30 left, I will stop or sooner if tonights experience is indicative of the future. I don't pvp due to I die before I can hit a button, so I see why the change. but for pve? The mage is useless. Throw away half the spells or you will never use them you will die.

Get rid of the 1 platinum for revive. Now you die so much and now you want people to spend...if this is the sign of things to come it is alarming.
Remove global cooldown for pve now or you will be fired. Your gameplay stinks with it and your community will revolt and crumble if you don't personally get involved. Don't listen listen to you middle managers. listen to your irate customers. Only you can change this. Please don't let us down old wise one.

Chappy

Phoenixking
04-12-2011, 09:15 PM
GCD is bringing the game down please gix and just one question....wh put the GCD anyways?! Whats was the porpouse according to your perspective cause i never found a point o it

darkerelf
04-12-2011, 09:22 PM
I spend most of my spare time on on this game, I've fought with my wife countless times just to play this game because I thought it was such a great game. I have also missed work just to play this game, but I think its time to give up this game, and my only complaint is the cool downs ontop of cool downs. I think this game had a lot of potentialsbut not at this rate...

Phoenixking
04-12-2011, 09:23 PM
I dont button smash i make a como and do it very quick but gcd wont let me use combos!!! Thats the problem!! Then i have o concentrate of skills are ready and thats when i get killed all of a sudden this is really bad not to be men but IMO GCD worst idea ever made by you guys actually its your first bad idea IMO

The Real Jira
04-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Sure automatics are good for those who want to coast along, and it keeps people from ruining their car, but in the right hands, a manual transmission use right has soooo many advantages.

Well said -- which EXACTLY why I want my manual back. I don't need a doggy automatic that tells me when I can shift. #justsayin

SoShaan
04-12-2011, 09:26 PM
PL Dev.. you trying to get rich?
Get that platinum revive crap off my screen.

Put the skill timers back in place..
because when you wanted to cut the attack speed in half, it was rejected. Instead of reversing the change, we agreed to skill timers being updated.

PLDevs you know whos been around, which players have been devoted to the game and its development. Which players have done the bulk load of testing, feedback, bug reporting. That have directed the games direction into the top mmo that it is.
Your undoing all we have done, to satisfy the... how to say it.. "non button mashers"

and remove the quest, I hate them.. so annoying
Fix the drop rate in the sewers, also increase the income from enemy kills
Also weaken the range on birds, weaken the area damage on mages.

buff Bears for warbird/hybridmage pwnage!!!

sticky420
04-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Deff do not like the update. But most of all I have no world map option on the login screen anymore along with not being able to join any games really makes this game way to much trouble to play if this is something that is in the process of being fixed that would b nice but having to walk from town to town is really inconvenient

Treezii
04-12-2011, 09:37 PM
This is my first post and due to the GCD I felt it was needed. I'm not angry, irrate, agitated, or any other feeling ive seen used in this thread to describe how poe feel about the GCD. I'm sad, very sad. To see such an awesome game that has been progressing so much, take a rather large (mostlikely permanent due to my experiences with this sort of thing) backwards. This game used to be About perfectly timed combos ( that I could preform on a droid ). Now I have to take a snails pace just to not be overwhelmed by a mob that doesn't fall to one lightning strike. Please guys you've done such an awesome job up until the GCD and I hope that you ( if not reformat the game to a non GCD Base) try to ease the transition alittle as I know it will be very hard for me to get the same enjoyment I got from playing before the update.

Rudyrokz
04-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Ok this game used to be like a drug to most people but ever since version 1.7.1 came out and global cooldown came into effect it's been irritating people to no end and everyone I know is complaining about it. It's all I hear now..."GC is annoying" or "This game sucks now." So if I were you I were you I would rethink the whole Global cooldown idea because you're going to loose alot of players or people just won't play as much. So in the interests of your players you should do something to try and help. If anyone feels the same way then say so because you need to be heard.

Subterraneous
04-12-2011, 10:06 PM
With all due respect to the developers, you just sabotaged your own game. GCD makes this game unplayable - fix it or quit...it's that simple. By the way, the fart/puke emote is low class as well...I'm guessing that your average player is 13 and that is who you're catering to? Just a completely unimaginative patch at first blush - you need a new sounding board before going live with a new patch. PL gets a big fat "F" on this one.

Rudyrokz
04-12-2011, 10:10 PM
And sticky you don't need to walk town to town all you need to do is click on your name in the upper left hand corner and find the world icon on the dropdown and you have a world map.

Tiliana
04-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Hey devs,

I appreciate the early release to get a better idea of how the GCD would truly affect gameplay. I had no qualms with GCD and was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. By no means am I a button masher. I am very methodical in how I play and very conscious of the skills I select and when I select them. I tried didfferent dungeons to see how my game was affected and was very disappointed in the outcome. I feel like PVE is very unbalanced now. I do not play PVP and have no intention of playing PVP so the GCD has done nothing but harm to my game experience. I have been an avid player since September 2010 and have tried to convince many RL friends to spend their money on this game as well. I now feel bad for doing that to them since the game does not have the same flow that it used to have. I feel like I have cheated them out of their money. I do hope you take everyone's comments to heart and make some very necessary adjustments to the gameplay. Thank you for all your hard work and hope that things get better in the near future or I too will be asking for a refund for the plat that I have recently purchased.

The Real Jira
04-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Hey Tiliana, I do appreciate the optimism you had, please appreciate my sarcasm. =)

Tiliana
04-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Hey Tiliana, I do appreciate the optimism you had, please appreciate my sarcasm. =)

I remembered writing that as soon as I started playing this update...eating my words, LOL. I tried to keep it positive and hoped the GCD would have been balanced by lessened MOB damage, but I was incorrect in that assumption. PVE wouldn't be affected as much if the MOB damage hadn't stayed the same or if our armor was a bit higher.

Your sarcasm is appreciated and welcome...I give it a lot so I should be expected to take it. :)

First time to be sigged!:p

Whofool
04-12-2011, 10:45 PM
I think that the new update is good besides the extra cool down thing. That gives me more deaths and doesnt let me do combos. Mages sometimes have Hard time healing and reving and fighting at the same time.

wamphryi
04-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Hate gcd.
But on another note...have sounds off but yet when I go into new pool.....i get sound. Why?
The platinum revive option is bad. Should have a toggle for this to show or not. I will never pay plat to revive but yet the chance to accidentally hit it is high. Not a good implementation of this item.
Please put world map option back on char screen.

Ordose
04-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Get rid of the Cool down it is killing the mages and no longer able to do combos

ECHUSER
04-12-2011, 11:15 PM
This global cool down makes the game unplayable.

ECHUSER
04-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Easy remedy to the whole GCD: Rate the new version of Pocket Legends in the App Store and Android Store, and be honest.

+1

/10char

ricdees
04-12-2011, 11:25 PM
The love is in the money I payed for the game. I paid for a game i liked not to have it changed. If the game started with the 2 second refresh rate i may have not payed for it which would have been my choice. For the players playing in the pvp zone changes should or could be excepted for different arenas.(problem solved) the fart sounds or any sounds a simple check box if you want to hear them.(problem solved)
all in all the phone connection and the system works 90% of the time don't make the lag times harder to play with

ricdees
04-12-2011, 11:27 PM
please change back

japanboy
04-12-2011, 11:27 PM
the spam cut makes the game speed slow...mages sux... makes this game getting bad, like a quit play WOW

ricdees
04-12-2011, 11:30 PM
i have changed from a 5 to a 1

japanboy
04-12-2011, 11:31 PM
and you guys add many stuff using plats, plats plats plats... but add some free lats for people to colect, some kids cant affort to buy plats....

Htiek
04-13-2011, 12:01 AM
madly in love this update, i like u make the game harder
specially like the gcd, is it a chance make hp/mp pot have gcd too?
game look like more challenge, i miss first day of ao3

kopi
04-13-2011, 12:07 AM
Was woken up in the morning by phone text, its my PL guys, said the new update for skill bad. Taking a break, oh man, i always lost friends when new updates come. I lost a bunch when Ao3 updates global nerf, since then i have make lots of new friends having fun together, and now... Does it mean i have to start all over again making friends?

I installed and tried, it really is bad. Skill execution not smooth. Especially when i am outdoor. Slight lag means death. I tap on icestorm, assuming before it has been activated, but there was a slight lag? I tap on firestorm and realise it doesnt work as before, due to the lag, ice was not activated and i release fire causing a non combo. In boss room, no time to activate skills im time, deaths alot.

Very bad game play. And pls, alot of players dun come forum, so no feedback. Do not take it as they dun comment means they are happy. I have a few friends who just refuse to check forum which i constantly been telling them yo do so.

kopi
04-13-2011, 12:24 AM
Another side note, with skill slow, it doesnt make a difference in the lag. My lag is due to my country 3g and not the game play itself. I have never complained about lag cuz i know its problem with my service provider. Even with the mobs pulling in stronghold, with that many mobs on screen, what i experienced is my phone frame lag and not ping lag

jrhew
04-13-2011, 12:46 AM
change back!!! take away the Gay Cool Down!!!!

cynic
04-13-2011, 01:39 AM
PLS remove GCD, it sux
went to 2

Genes
04-13-2011, 02:13 AM
Haha. Kopi, don't you just hate the networks we have here.

I think it was an update that many of us have been waiting for with anticipation. But it turned out to be rather depressing as of where it stands now. No new set bonus, more difficulty induced (need to pot in BS?... Com'on!!) gcd issue, losing the face we paid for using real money if we were to get the "birthday bash" gift..

PL is a mobile device game. So what button mashing are you guys talking about previously! It's supposed to be button mashed considering the size of screen size of our mobile devices and the size of the skills buttons no bigger then 5mm in diameter! If button mashing is causing you alot of peeves in PVP and gcd is the solution for the disgrunted few. Then devs should keep it in PVP and not PVE...

With gcd, this scenario should be frequent in PVE. Party died in mob, only Mage couldn't rev coz she just castes heal. While waiting for the cooldown time to rev team members, she too gets killed by mob. Whole party died as a result. And I can see this scenerio in boss fights too which makes it more frustrating, party died and boss heals back to full health.

Some may argue that the team is lousy. You did fine with Your team of elites. But this is mobile device game! It should never be styled to play like WOW or FF Online. That's just too tiring a thing to do on a tiny screen with short battery life. And I would dare say there are more casual players then pros who do not log on for long periods of time nor do casual players have the time to log in and wait for an "elite" group to form before playing. In all sense designing a game is all about making money, with that, I'll probably be skewed towards the casual mass.

And having to pot in BS now?! Oh no... Not another elite shadow cave! Once again, how many elite players are there compared to casual players? Maybe something that used to be enjoyable so diffiuclt will just turn some of your present and future customers away.

For myself and it seems like many shared the same sentiments, PL used to be a game where we could steal minutes from our hectic lifestyles for some quick fun. Logging in when time presents itself for us to run a map or two. Hoping for a prized pink drop which is already uber rare. When we don't get the drop, it makes us come back for me knowing that we could run the maps with relative ease and fuss (minus the elite shadow cave).

With this saddening update, it seems this luxury have been robbed off. Running maps are harder and takes longer to clear, higher level of concentration is needed on a tiny screen, need to spend hard earned gold for pots to stay in a game ( giving booting without potting a valid reason).

Some friends have already stopped playing because they drop like flies at bosses in their casual runs. And I believe many people will follow suit in throwing in the towel. It's time to go back to our computers and gaming consoles for MMORPGs..

Abaleuibub
04-13-2011, 04:13 AM

Excuse me? No MT? What device r u using, a pocket makup mirror? ;-)

Slush
04-13-2011, 04:21 AM
PEOPLE, please. This isnt a place to complain, go to the other thread to complain.
this is the biggest community problem in the history of this game

Plasticuproject
04-13-2011, 04:58 AM
Sorry STS, but until the cool down is shortened I will be giving this a one star rating in the Android Market, possibly taking a break/not buying plat and not recommending this app. Please fix this soon.

cynic
04-13-2011, 05:31 AM
ive tried to play some runs, after a few minutes its over im done, the game is slow. Ok try another time, again i dont even finish a run.
if this doesnt change (GCD) im out of here!

Yamabuki
04-13-2011, 05:45 AM
Saludos

Soy Yamabuki, una sacerdote de int pura. Si antes me
costaba sobrevivir con un boss, ahora es una mision
imposible. Ya que el countdown no me da para curaciones,
escudo y demas magias.

Encuentro tambien molesto y nos destrozamos los ojos ,
saber las misiones que hay realizadas en cada mapa.
antes, estaba mas grande y claro.

Por ahora estos son los problemas, que veo, ya ire
reportando los que surgan .

Gracias.

------------------------------------------------------

Greetings

Yamabuki'm a pure int priest. If before me
hard time to survive with a boss, is now a mission
impossible. As the countdown not to cure me,
Shield and other spells.

We also find annoying and trashed the eyes,
know the missions are performed on each map.
before, was bigger and clearer.

For now these are the problems I see, and ire
reporting which they arise.

Thanks.

cajunqueen
04-13-2011, 06:07 AM
I just updated and cannot hop around to towns.....I do not have a world map?????? Where did it go?
Also, the spellcasting is different (in a bad way). Typically you can cast several spellls in a row (combos and such)...Now, when I press a spell button on my screen, all the spell icons "darken" at the same time (like I have pressed them all)...Not sure if this makes sense, but I cannot survive in a mob at alll.....Please let me know if this is typical or just my installation and need to re-do.

Raazesk
04-13-2011, 06:21 AM
Cajunqueen: That's part of the update.

"Pocket Legends will soon support a global 'cool-down' for all Skills.

This means that you will no longer be able to execute all of your skills at exactly the same time. (i.e. no more "Skill Spamming") All of your characters' skills will have a brief cool-down period after any skill is executed."

Here's the topic. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?21030-Upcoming-Change-to-Skills-Global-Cool-Down)

Tiliana
04-13-2011, 06:45 AM
I don't remember anyone taking issue with multiple-touch in PVE. PVP is a small percentage of the overall game population and I feel like it got implemented to satisfy the few at the expense of the many. Devs, I hope you will please announce something about adjusting the GCD or removing it before too many players leave. This game allows me the opportunity to play a mmorpg and still have time to be a Working Mom. I was very thrilled when I ran across it back in September. I could pick it up and play when a quick moment arose and it was simple enough to show my children how to play. Now, though it is still simple, it is much more time consuming. I have to have a decent team to run the Sewer maps without dying all the time ( I was a nuke Mage now I'm a single shot 30/30 rifle Mage ). The game was fun and relaxing and after a long, frustrating day at work I could play without too much concentration. The flow of the game was fantastic and rhythmic but now it is very choppy and nerve-wracking. It stresses me out more. Isn't there enough stress in our daily lives?

darkerelf
04-13-2011, 06:49 AM
Please return pvp back to the way it was, the pvp community is smaller but we are proud of it. My pure dex bird is getting owned by every mage because they precast their mana shield, by the time I blast their mana shield my HP is almost all the way down.

Blayzn
04-13-2011, 06:53 AM
This is why it's a good update. It levels the playing field for PvP and has very little effect of PvE. Some bugs to work out? Sure. But in the end, it's what's best for everyone, give it a chance.

I disagree...there are some pluses, but not the GCD. I am also on droid and never had muliple button pressing...which is news to me...and learned to play with the inherent skill timers. Again, if there was a problem with PvP, fix it there....do not take away from PvE which is what i only do. This is a backward step.

BearTheGrunt
04-13-2011, 07:37 AM
Haha. Kopi, don't you just hate the networks we have here.

I think it was an update that many of us have been waiting for with anticipation. But it turned out to be rather depressing as of where it stands now. No new set bonus, more difficulty induced (need to pot in BS?... Com'on!!) gcd issue, losing the face we paid for using real money if we were to get the "birthday bash" gift..

PL is a mobile device game. So what button mashing are you guys talking about previously! It's supposed to be button mashed considering the size of screen size of our mobile devices and the size of the skills buttons no bigger then 5mm in diameter! If button mashing is causing you alot of peeves in PVP and gcd is the solution for the disgrunted few. Then devs should keep it in PVP and not PVE...

With gcd, this scenario should be frequent in PVE. Party died in mob, only Mage couldn't rev coz she just castes heal. While waiting for the cooldown time to rev team members, she too gets killed by mob. Whole party died as a result. And I can see this scenerio in boss fights too which makes it more frustrating, party died and boss heals back to full health.

Some may argue that the team is lousy. You did fine with Your team of elites. But this is mobile device game! It should never be styled to play like WOW or FF Online. That's just too tiring a thing to do on a tiny screen with short battery life. And I would dare say there are more casual players then pros who do not log on for long periods of time nor do casual players have the time to log in and wait for an "elite" group to form before playing. In all sense designing a game is all about making money, with that, I'll probably be skewed towards the casual mass.

And having to pot in BS now?! Oh no... Not another elite shadow cave! Once again, how many elite players are there compared to casual players? Maybe something that used to be enjoyable so diffiuclt will just turn some of your present and future customers away.

For myself and it seems like many shared the same sentiments, PL used to be a game where we could steal minutes from our hectic lifestyles for some quick fun. Logging in when time presents itself for us to run a map or two. Hoping for a prized pink drop which is already uber rare. When we don't get the drop, it makes us come back for me knowing that we could run the maps with relative ease and fuss (minus the elite shadow cave).

With this saddening update, it seems this luxury have been robbed off. Running maps are harder and takes longer to clear, higher level of concentration is needed on a tiny screen, need to spend hard earned gold for pots to stay in a game ( giving booting without potting a valid reason).

Some friends have already stopped playing because they drop like flies at bosses in their casual runs. And I believe many people will follow suit in throwing in the towel. It's time to go back to our computers and gaming consoles for MMORPGs..

Absolutely hit the nail on the head, very well put Sir!

Orilord
04-13-2011, 08:36 AM
Please give old update this is very bad, world map in menu was great and waiting on magics is bad too, please old update 1.7 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xantor
04-13-2011, 08:46 AM
I agree cool down blows...can't heal as fast in times of need....

Elf-Orc-Naga
04-13-2011, 08:47 AM
oops I forgot...sometimes my skill doesnt work.. not cooling time.. but i thought it is some kind of freeze... really weird... good thing I didnt pressed too much to destroy my phone! well destroying my phone is another solution may be hahaha LOL

xyoz
04-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Hi, my name is Xyoz.

I have been playing PL for probably around 3-4 months now, maybe 5. I think its a great game and has been constantly improving. My main character is a mage. It is lvl 55 and i loved to pvp on it. However after the update, i am sorry to say, i have been very disappointed. Pvp for me was always a challenge, since there has always seemed to be a huge amount of archers high level pvping, i died alot. But after training and talking with a few mages, and a little tip off a great mage pvper, i learnt how to kill birds in 1v1.

Although people were really upset about birds using multitap and kind of cheating. I enjoyed it. It gave a great challenge to try and make them misjudge the range and fire their whole arsenal of attacks into open space.

Pvp for me was about perfect timing and judging distance. Now pvp seems about who has the most damage and armor. I have changed from my mixed stats to just full int, for dmg. I find this pretty disappointing that everyone will change to full int because its best, and not have to fiddle around finding the right mix of other attributes. Now mages also feel totally overpowered. I can kill a bird in one hit.

There is no more need for making up combos to 1v1 anymore. Global cooldown takes care of timing the combos, like with ice and fire, before you had to mentally time it before you hit fire so that the ice sticks to your target, now you can just hit the ice button and spam the fire button until the global cooldown does the job for you, and you instantly have a combo. This i find takes the fun out of pvp. It makes it alot easier for people to be good at pvp when before there was a select group that seemed to be able to dominate every match.

It feels like the general public, including me doesn't like global cooldown. If someone could clarify the actual reasons why they added global cooldown and exactly how it benefits us, i will be willing to listen even though i may not agree. However i do like a few of the updates, but not all. The new emotions are funny, and the faces are cool. Also i like how you always face your target if you are in range, that could be a very useful utility. I like the look of the new homepage but i dont' like how the only option you have is to go into a town, you cant go straight into your menu anymore. I also think they should have an option to let it still work like the last time the join button worked on a private match. To only let friends of the players in the match to join.

Space Time Studio's i hope you will take my suggestions and feedback constructively and not as criticism.
Thank You
Xyoz

ElvenRex
04-13-2011, 11:11 AM
This new global cool down system is making a lot of people quit the game.... as most people who have spend a lot of money on plat... we should have a say in what goes on...please fix new patch!!!

hatecooldowncrap
04-13-2011, 12:19 PM
I don't know where to begin....... Well here it goes, WE as players and customers of pocket legends have been gratefull of the great gaming experience that pocket legends brought. About three or four months ago a had promised never to pay for a video game ever, I would rather hack it to get it for free by either cracking patches or fooling the servers with alogarythmic keys for online playing. On the findings of pocket legends in the android market, I thought that this was just another pixalated so called 3d mmorpg. To my surprise, I was very intrigued by how good the playing quality if this game was even on a crappy 650mghz droid 1. I upgraded my phone to the htc thunderbolt just to play pocket legends more smothly. I enjoyed it even more, so much tat i decided to break my promise about nit paying for games, I was suckered in like three year old that wants his mommy and gets shut up by a nice sweet three flavor lolipop. Yesterday 4/12/2011 after a long day, I was eager to play my favorite game, pocket legends. The main screen notified me of a recent update and just like that three year old that wants his mommy, I instantly thought to myself that an update means better gameplay. After removing, reinstalling and rebooting my phone, I lauched pocket legends and hopped on to a game in the world map. My favorite level at the moment is the galactic over lord, keeper. Found some aliens to faint and to my surprise, I couldn't perfrom my combos any more. AND WHY? Iasked myself........ Well the update that was suppoused to have made my game playing experience, MADE IT 1BILLION% COMPLETELY HORRIBLY WORSE. I was VERY MAD WITH THE UPGRADE THAT ACTUALLY DOWNGRADED MY PLAYING EXPERIENCE. I, just like many other players, have payed to upgrade to other dungeons and armory for our characters, I was very disapointed at the crappy playing experience after the Global Cool Down, it should actuallt be called Global Crap Downgrade. Very disapilointed this new global crap is making me look for another mmorpg competotor that will listen to the player/cuatomer and adjust to his or her likes in the game. Well I'm pretty much done with what I wanted to express about the new cool down crap. Pocket legends if u really care about ur customers, listen to them and remove that feature. Thanks. P.s. please refrain from doing this in the future.

Dyclonious
04-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Why a global cool down?

1) It doesn't balance anything, because it applies to everybody.
2) It makes combos nearly impossible.
3) Plenty of other ways to buff/nerf things.
- (PvE) Increase the hp, dmg, and defense of mobs & also add new def/offensive abilities. Add de-buffs to players when entering a more difficult encounter.
- (PvP) Make it easier to farm high quality gear. Adjust dmg output scaling. Add vulnerability after x amount of time/kills.
4)All spells & abilities are instant cast, add in latency, throw in GCD, and you have a headache.
5) A GCD on buffs? Takes a mage a good 3 or 4 seconds to buff. Which by that time his whole party just died & or he lost the duel.

Conclusion:

A GCD mostly forces users to button mash their touch screens so they can get off an ability as soon as its ready. Before, it was a battle of quickness of mind, combo decisions, split second buffs! Reaction times were everything, and it was exhilarating!
Now, one spends more time on tapping their touch screen than they do on actual game-play. Or to even enjoy the game, the environment, and community...
To be honest, I feel confident that these problems will be addressed. It would be pure negligence otherwise, and I have faith that these Devs aren't like that. They did make a freakin' awesome game, remember...

GELLIO77
04-13-2011, 12:46 PM
update is fine... APART FROM THE GLOBAL COOL DOWN, I MEAN MOST PEOPLE I ASKED HATED IT PLZ CAHNGE BACK, PLZZZZZ

EDIT: i agree with dyclonius

Blayzn
04-13-2011, 12:46 PM
I really enjoyed the pace of the game prior to this patch.

I've been playing MMOs for over a dozen years and this game more than any other reminded me of my first MMO love... UO. In that game, timing and speed (twitch) separated the top level gamer talent from the mediocre masses. With this patch, the game has become a slow drag. It makes me sad.

I've been here since early on, and I've made some good gaming friends - no price can be put on that. In addition, I've spent over $100 on content and platinum (without regret) so I think I've been a good customer -- the type STS would seek to retain in this game and carry to any new products they launch.

Current state, with such a major change in game play, I can't see myself playing PL much anymore. I really hope that the development team reconsiders, and/or finds alternate solutions to their scaling and server performance issues to return the game to its fast and furious state. While I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt as they've quickly corrected mistakes in the past, I'm not expecting a reversal. As such, hopefully I can find another game I've enjoyed as much as this one. To STS, I'm really happy to have been part of such a fun game and to watch your success in revolutionizing mobile gaming, you've delivered an amazing mobile experience and invented a new genre in gaming.

Best,

j

I couldn't have said it better.

hoipolloi
04-13-2011, 01:11 PM
I totally and completely agree. With years of MMO's in my past I was excited to come across PL. The change of gameplay pace with the universal cool-down in the new patch is unfortunate and I really hope other solutions are explored...

Hullukko
04-13-2011, 01:11 PM
I hate the fact that I'm pissing away my precious little free time feeling gutted reading these posts about everybody not liking how the game I, too, loved for six months got ruined overnight instead of playing the game.

I gave it a chance. It was awful, now give me the game back I paid for.

Gudluvin
04-13-2011, 02:28 PM
I'll toss in my 2 cents... Went to play last night - got the patch - few things broken - nothing nothing new - it's always a pain for any mmo - I played everquest for 10+ years - It's to be expected - See people bitching about the GCD - think it can't be that bad - the devs arnt that stupid - I was wrong - zone into a level 50 zone - killed the first 5 mobs - logged off - this game is not for me any more - not that they care - they got my money and I'm no longer a drain on their server - Well done SS you got some money - but your could have got more.

Oh ya 1 Star - Think ya might wanna go have a look at your rating as it's dropping.

superss
04-13-2011, 03:00 PM
i just checked itunes ant the ratings have gone from 5 star to 3 star and dropping... it makes me so sad... i hope the devs will add in my soulution idea...

darkerelf
04-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Recent update stated it helped out GCD, and a in game note from the dev asked us to please give a try. How can anyone do combos with this, it was fine the way it was before. I am barely holding on to this game honestly, I honestly enjoyed it {before}. Good luck with GCD, i believe it is a big fail.. Take everyone here's opinion into consideration. It is a pocket game, meant for fast past not slower pace. You might have to take few steps backwards only to go forward. Last words NO GCD!

Justg
04-13-2011, 03:45 PM
GCD should feel much snappier now, give it a try and let us know here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23491-1.7.1-Content-Update-%2857007%29