View Full Version : Arcane Ring or Nekro?

Energizeric
05-25-2015, 12:05 AM
Ok, been saving a while and now have some extra gold to spend. I have maxed out all my gear for my end game sorcerer except I'm still using a mythic ring, and I have Samael as my pet. What would be my best option?

1) Get an arcane shard/ring?

2) Get a fossil/nekro?

3) save my gold for after the expansion?

It would be helpful if the players answering this had both a ring and nekro, that way they could advise which they think is more important.

Hoardseeker
05-25-2015, 12:09 AM
Save your gold....there is an BIG Boost for equiping all 4Mythic items in the new expansion....So wait

Spell
05-25-2015, 12:35 AM
Imo you should save for the expansion.arcane ring may drop drastically after the new mythic armor/amulet/RING are released for crafting.as u may have noticed Nekros value has dropped alot due to the amount of fossils being looted.the price on fossil will become cheaper and cheaper as more and more ppl buy thier nekros.

Just my opinion ener =]

Madnex
05-25-2015, 01:31 AM
Save up and buy a cheap shard after the expansion details come out from the fools that are hoarding them!

On a more serious note (since I qualify on your terms to give a less subjective opinion) it really depends on what the new expansion will bring in. Save up for that, there's still 3-4 shards in the market unsold at the moment and you can always snatch a ring for 30-35 at a future point. Mythic ring WILL devalue it.

Having AR and planar pendant will only change the order of acquisition depending on stats. Don't put too much hope in the set bonus (goes without saying that the current AR owners are not going to idly sit if the mythic set bonus cuts it too close).

In conclusion, halt the gold spending urges!

SacredKnight
05-25-2015, 01:40 AM
Option three, save your gold for next expansion.

a) If you get Nekro it will be redundant by the end of the year, maybe sooner.
b) Arcane Ring/Shard price will continue to fall
c) Understanding A and B we can conclude that waiting till next expansion Shard price will stay or depreciated, if you still want Nekro fossil price will also lose value.

And finally we don't know what surprises STS throws, so saving your gold is a wise option because there might be something better to get and we know there's a three month period at least before the flagship items become useless.

Serancha
05-25-2015, 02:03 AM
Gear expires.

Pets live forever. Sure they won't be the best forever, but they will always have a use.

Eski
05-25-2015, 02:05 AM
at least its your choice but i would say grab that ring :)

Kakashis
05-25-2015, 05:06 AM
Nekro on Energizericjr would be super powerful!

Hail
05-25-2015, 05:11 AM

That mage is already op with singe. Imagine Nekro!

Maunyabastian
05-25-2015, 05:40 AM
I would say 55% to opt 3. Save your gold, everything's price is dropping day by day. You can guess after a week of new expansion, their prices (AR) will be unstable, and I warn you to not buy things when they're unstable. But if you insist, best is Nekro.

Froxanthar
05-25-2015, 05:54 AM
After saving for few months, I bought Samael for my toon for 10.5M 3 weeks ago and now after seeing its price drop drastically around 5~6m makes me want to kill myself. With x2 odd keeps coming, the market is so hard to predict. So yeah, keep your gold for the better future.

Ssneakykills
05-25-2015, 07:20 AM
After saving for few months, I bought Samael for my toon for 10.5M 3 weeks ago and now after seeing its price drop drastically around 5~6m makes me want to kill myself. With x2 odd keeps coming, the market is so hard to predict. So yeah, keep your gold for the better future.

Imagine how I felt paying 30mil for sameal before

Jazzi
05-25-2015, 07:30 AM
I am not a mage, but still gonna add my 2 cents here. I am currently also maxed except for the arcane ring/nekro. If I had the gold to afford one of those, which I unfortunately still don't, I would get nekro without even thinking about it. This pet breaks the game on so many levels (e.g. practically god mode in PvE), that imho with your gear it will have a much larger impact on your gameplay than the arcane ring :)

P.S. Keeping the gold for the expansion might still be the best option though. I am just not that good at restraining myself ;)

Candylicks
05-25-2015, 07:59 AM
Save up and buy a cheap shard after the expansion details come out from the fools that are hoarding them!
!

Time will tell. (:

kiwotsukete
05-25-2015, 11:22 AM
Imo you should save for the expansion.arcane ring may drop drastically after the new mythic armor/amulet/RING are released for crafting.as u may have noticed Nekros value has dropped alot due to the amount of fossils being looted.the price on fossil will become cheaper and cheaper as more and more ppl buy thier nekros.

Just my opinion ener =]

So true. Just the level cap alone will crash prices of breezes and most current endgame farming loots. 5 extra points and new passive WITH jewels! The entire build strategy and map pulls will change. mages will be able to solo T3 and elite rendtail im sure.

Madnex
05-25-2015, 12:17 PM
So true. Just the level cap alone will crash prices of breezes and most current endgame farming loots. 5 extra points and new passive WITH jewels! The entire build strategy and map pulls will change. mages will be able to solo T3 and elite rendtail im sure.
I disagree.

Jewels, as of now, only seem to offer +1 extra primary from grand gems at L46 and that's for the highest tier which will be time-consuming and/or pricey. Also planar tombs and elite Tindirin will actually become harder since the HP/dmg from mobs will scale to L46 but we'll be stuck with L41 mythic weaponry as of now (we DON'T need another set of mythic weapons though, at least not yet).

But, with the current frost bolt bug, mage can already solo PT's plus elite Rendtail is basically a sitting duck for ranged. Lastly, five more skill points will be overkill as there's no other passive left that will affect your damage. The only thing the extra cap will offer is a +30 primary stat boost which noticeable but don't expect to go around soloing elites any easier than now!

nevercan
05-25-2015, 12:34 PM
Id woud say save your gold but if you like u can bettr buy nekro then arcane ring cuz u can lvl up nekro to 46 when expansoin but not arcane ring + befor nekro wil be usles there wil be some more pets befor that happens.

extrapayah
05-25-2015, 12:58 PM
get a ring -> farm arena -> loot fossil :p

Enterradora
05-25-2015, 01:18 PM
Whit ring u can use on all ur endgame alts and nekro only whit one, also the ring can be sold after use nekro when u open and level dont.

As a mage ill suggest a ring, if u was a rogue then probably nekro for pvp.

Energizeric
05-25-2015, 01:29 PM

Haha. The thought has occurred to me, but Nekro at twink levels doesn't seem nearly as useful as at end game. At level 10 I don't really get stunned very much compared to at end game. So the stun immunity that Nekro's shield provides doesn't really do a whole lot there. So I'd see a little bit boost in damage (probably only a couple of points as even Nightshade only boosts me 3 damage points over Singe), and I'd get a nice crit boost (also not as useful at twink levels).

I think I would be better served buying a couple more Para gems if I were looking to upgrade my twink. My goal there is to reach 150 damage.

Anyona
05-25-2015, 02:04 PM
I understand that you PvP at endgame and IMO a ring would be better fitted than a nekro. Yes nekro has an op shield but I guarantee that there will be a nekro on your team already.

Also arcane ring gives some great damage and as you have imbued it puts you at the armor of a mythic rogue without the armor passive. I'd say go and get yourself a ring! We'll be seeing nekro in the low 20's/high 10's next season anyway [emoji2]

-no
05-25-2015, 03:56 PM
Nerko, gear becomes outdated faster, and more often

Kingofninjas
05-25-2015, 06:42 PM
Speaking as someone who does not have either ring or nekro, I would say hold on to your gold. We still do not know how powerful or hard to get the new mythic set will be, and chances are it will be a must have for pve and PvP. After expansion, once you find out, make a decision between nekro and mythic set. Nekro basically enables you to beat anyone who doesn't have the pet on 1 on 1 and guarantees your team the victory against a team that doesn't have it in PvP. Ring does neither of these things.

Wazakesy
05-25-2015, 07:06 PM
how about donating it.....

Spell
05-25-2015, 07:34 PM
how about donating it.....

After working so hard to finally gear up before the cap? Na i think ener has the right to keep his hard earned loot.we all know ener is a true farmer!

Wazakesy
05-25-2015, 08:16 PM
After working so hard to finally gear up before the cap? Na i think ener has the right to keep his hard earned loot.we all know ener is a true farmer!

i was just joking xD

Trojan2100
05-25-2015, 09:51 PM
Only thing i know for sure about expansion , elxir kit will be on high demands . Hord some kit now if you can find decent price for it on CS . Arcane ring I would wait for Nekro hard to say .