PDA

View Full Version : Client 1.7.1.1 has been submitted to Apple

asommers
04-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Unfortunately, the Join friend bug introduced in 1.7.1 is a client-side bug. Try as we did, we could not find a server-side fix for it.

I just submitted 1.7.1.1 to Apple with this one fix. Join friend button will be broken for about a week or so until it is approved. Android users will have to wait for iOS to be approved.

-ALS

noneo
04-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Is there any other way to join friends while this is in the works?

That is a pretty big part of gameplay to me.

Maybe just meet up somehow in a town and enter a map using portals at the same time?

Echelong
04-12-2011, 05:44 PM
At least you found the problem. I hope Apple gets faster on the approval.

Junside
04-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Man, that's a huge discomfort. We'll have to bear with it.

asommers
04-12-2011, 05:47 PM
You can have your friends create games join them through the Join Game screen on the World Map filtering by their name.

-ALS

noneo
04-12-2011, 05:48 PM
You can have your friends create games join them through the Join Game screen on the World Map filtering by their name.

-ALS

Sweet, thanks!

Junside
04-12-2011, 05:52 PM
The Join button did work for me half the time. I held the button down for about 3 seconds and it worked about 70% of the time. Although this is a shoddy solution, I wish it wasn't entirely disable. It's understandable though, since those who are not on forums or other experiences could be different.

Major
04-12-2011, 05:55 PM
O well trial and error, thanks for letting us know ALS!

Ellyidol
04-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks ALS, pretty quick work for you to be able to determine it was client-side.

Hopefully Apple sees it as just a follow-up fix, so they approve it fairly quickly. (I've seen it in other games, 2 client versions in about 2 days).

Physiologic
04-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the quick fix :)

(Give us Droid users the fix secretly, nudge nudge)

WhoIsThis
04-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Is there any way to get the fix out to Android users first - ex: Android to android will be fine, but iOS to Android won't be?

noneo
04-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Is there any way to get the fix out to Android users first - ex: Android to android will be fine, but iOS to Android won't be?

As awesome that would be for us Android users. That would be TOTALLY unfair to ios users.

Vallist
04-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Good luck with everything devs, and thanks for this awesome game :o

superglut2
04-12-2011, 11:27 PM
sounds good.

romgar1
04-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Spams vomit and fart emotes upon hearing this news... come on Steve jobs... I have an android, stop holding my relaxing time up :P

lilbyrdie
04-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the quick fix :)

(Give us Droid users the fix secretly, nudge nudge)

+1 ;) We won't tell anyone! ;)

lilbyrdie
04-13-2011, 09:32 AM
As awesome that would be for us Android users. That would be TOTALLY unfair to ios users.

That's not "totally" true -- iOS users would still get more friends in their games. Right now, I don't even bother to try to join games. Too much hassle. On the plus side, since no one else seems to be doing that either, I seem to be adding more friends than ever and seeing many new folks. :)

Yvonnel
04-13-2011, 05:25 PM
I am really getting tired of all of the "I hate it I'm going to quit" people. Particularly the ones who have never posted before. Now they are either very new or people scared to stand up and post with their real account.

Wait and give the devs time to work it out. I've been playing for a long time and they are good at working things out for everyone.

Otherwise quit. Most if us that have been around for awhile don't care for people that are this beligerent anyway.

I wouldn't advise you posting your ign either. I am just waiting to /ignore.

Rusalio
04-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Lame user had to create an account to post!!!! Booooohooo on you!

I dislike it as well, but can wait for the devs to reinstate it. I did solo through crusher and oh how slow it was. Given the join button is not working and will be out for a week or so, good time to try other games..... Definitely wont buy the raunchy emote packs. I want the join button working..... Sniff sniff....

searching the world map for friends is a joke

Durnam
04-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Wait and give the devs time to work it out. I've been playing for a long time and they are good at working things out for everyone.

didnt people use to complain on how hard the keeper was, and with the combat re-balance and so on?

So far the developers haven't said anything that implies their closed to changing how GCD works other than removing it all together. Not even 24 hours after the update they patched it to try to improve it... but i guess compromising just isn't good enough for some people.

spookytooth
04-14-2011, 03:27 PM
People are mad cause they cant blind spam there spells with no skill involved, when in fact the cooldown makes for a more precise and timing oriented experience. To me that just makes the succes of a good group kill or great combo much more enjoyable when i actually have to use a little finesse/skill

Tsarra
04-16-2011, 10:49 AM
People are mad cause they cant blind spam there spells with no skill involved, when in fact the cooldown makes for a more precise and timing oriented experience. To me that just makes the succes of a good group kill or great combo much more enjoyable when i actually have to use a little finesse/skill

I can't speak for everyone else, but I have an awful lot of games on my phone that just...you know...work the way they're supposed to? This isn't one of them anymore. :(

MiroPicha
04-17-2011, 05:23 AM
Are you kidding me?with or without cooldown this game is still the best.But please reduce the CPU usage a bit cause my phone overheats too often

Ellyidol
04-18-2011, 10:18 AM
By the way, when clicking "Join" through friend list, does it prompt you for the password even if your joining from the game the host just came from?

Take for example I host a Hideout map with a group of 5 in my friend list, when I remake and they join straight from the previous Hideout to the new one, will they still be asked for the password? Or is it only from external maps (towns, pvp, different map entirely) that they will be asked for the password?

I would think that if you come from the game that the host remakes from, that you wouldn't need to input the password.

Luchta
04-18-2011, 10:28 AM
Elly I don't think our accounts are complex enough to handle cookies.

Ellyidol
04-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Elly I don't think our accounts are complex enough to handle cookies.

Oh :p I wouldn't know details or requirements, just had the thought :)

Arterra
04-18-2011, 11:03 AM
I think they are. If you disconnect, you are taken back to where you were.

Luchta
04-18-2011, 12:14 PM
I think they are. If you disconnect, you are taken back to where you were.

Good point but that's considered as an instance and not a real cookie like saved password or history. In fact, if you get disconnected twice, you don't end up in the same instance again.

JaytB
04-18-2011, 02:09 PM
Still didn't catch any fish devs :D

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/33d70297.png

Proof that I tried...

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/b899b5c1.png

Junside
04-18-2011, 02:12 PM
I wish the elixirs weren't platinum-exclusive items. They won't sell.

Edit: whoops wrong feedback topic

Maynard
04-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Wrong. Different situations call for different attacks. I never blind spam.