PDA

View Full Version : READ THIS For Help with the New Update

Junside
04-12-2011, 05:42 PM
I see that a lot of people are lost and unable to play the game, so here are a few answers. Hopefully, this is temporary.

I can't open Pocket Legends, it goes to a black screen and reverts back to my Home screen. (Android users)

That's not true. Absolutely no need to uninstall or reinstall on any of the three devices this happened to me on.

Simply: 1. Go the manage apps in your settings. 2. Find Pocket Legends. 3. Press the "clear data" button. 4. Go back and run pocket legends. 5. Observe the login screen instead of the black screen/reset.

Simple, fast, and works. You'll need to enter your username and password again, but then it will proceed to download all the data packs and you'll be right back where you left off, but without having had to download the app again.

The "Join" button isn't working, I can't join any of my friends. It either doesn't work or disconnects me from the server.

The "Join" function is definitely unavailable at the moment. If you downloaded the most recent update, it explains that this issue is being worked on, and has been disabled. To play with a friend, find out the name of the host(if it isn't your friend), and join through World Map > JOIN GAME by searching the name of the host. If I'm hosting a game, you'd search for "Junside" in the Game Name box. Other than that, please bear with the inconvenience of having to find your friends in publicly hosted games or townes.

I can't find the World Map.

The World Map seems to have been removed from the lobby, perhaps to make the game run faster. It is now located here:
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/fantomz06/ScreenShot-148.png
Select "ENTER WORLD" and click on your name in the upper left hand corner. This will bring a drop down menu into spectrum and you can select the globe icon to access all the essential functions that were in the WORLD MAP button.

Any other questions, feel free to ask, and I will or someone else may be able to help to the best of our knowledge.

To provide CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and comments on the new changes, please refrain to this thread:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23320-Client-Update-1.7.1-is-Live!

Zeazety
04-13-2011, 07:31 AM
I managed to get over the odd android load issue by wiping the application data and moving the application from my SD card to the Phone. It isn't pretty but at least I didn't have to redownload everything.

Samhayne
04-13-2011, 07:46 AM
Thanks for putting this together, Junside! I'm going to move it to the Tech forums and leave a redirect in General Discussion.

lilbyrdie
04-13-2011, 07:50 AM
I see that a lot of people are lost and unable to play the game, so here are a few answers. Hopefully, this is temporary.

I can't open Pocket Legends, it goes to a black screen and reverts back to my Home screen. (Android users)

The only known solution for this at the moment is to uninstall Pocket Legends and reinstall.

That's not true. Absolutely no need to uninstall or reinstall on any of the three devices this happened to me on.

Simply: 1. Go the manage apps in your settings. 2. Find Pocket Legends. 3. Press the "clear data" button. 4. Go back and run pocket legends. 5. Observe the login screen instead of the black screen/reset.

Simple, fast, and works. You'll need to enter your username and password again, but then it will proceed to download all the data packs and you'll be right back where you left off, but without having had to download the app again.

Junside
04-13-2011, 08:32 AM

Alright! There's a better solution. I'll add it to the first post. Thank you so much