PDA

View Full Version : login screen: bring back world view and inventory

Arterra
04-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Why would the devs push us towards wasting time loading a new town when all we want to do is jump in a game, or check friends list, or get into some other gear?

I honestly hated the way if i left a game i would return to town, before the update. Now, there is no way around the fact that i have to load the town whenever i do something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROPEICInVPY&feature=player_embedded

Justg
04-12-2011, 06:00 PM
We're trying to declutter the main screen as much as possible. With so many options available, it was very confusing to some players.

Junside
04-12-2011, 06:03 PM
I only never used the Quick Play function. I can still quickly log on and see if any of my friends are online via menu button on android, but please bring back the World Map.

Arterra
04-12-2011, 06:05 PM
then why not have the enter world button lead you to the world map?
you can have a nice little "character info" button under "enter world" too.

edit: just got a pm, would have loved to reply without having to load a town.

Moogerfooger
04-12-2011, 06:05 PM
G, not being able to get to the world map kinda sucks, and I mean that cheerfully and constructively. Understand the de-clutter angle, but maybe just stick a globe in one of the corners for the World Map.

Arterra
04-12-2011, 06:11 PM
it was very confusing to some players.

one way i see the world map being confusing to new players is how they try to enter towns, or games, and keep being directed to the buying screen. maybe visibly marking areas you cannot enter on the map would help. caution-like lines would be interesting and effective lol.

Kossi
04-12-2011, 06:17 PM
We're trying to declutter the main screen as much as possible. With so many options available, it was very confusing to some players.

NOOO thats horrible! make a poll! it wastes so much time its not even funny

especially when i load into a town and find out there was no pvp game available *cough rewards cough* and now i have to go choose another characterm which takes much longer!

Kossi
04-12-2011, 06:19 PM
remove the store and quick play button

the join game is CRITICAL for re-joining fast games when you want to switch characters
i really thought this was a bug
now im kinda....upset at this

EDIT:
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z333/Kossii/imagesCAFC6UOJ.jpg

FluffNStuff
04-12-2011, 06:51 PM

What about having an option to add world map to main screen. That way it won't confuse new players because by the time they get to changing advanced options they should have at least a basic understanding of the game?

WhoIsThis
04-12-2011, 08:29 PM
One alternative is to put in the options a way for people to go back to the old option. That way people who like the newer, simplified version can keep it.

I agree with Arterra on this one - sometimes, more is more. I'd prefer the the old version as the default screen and the new one as an option.

Aziscitie
04-12-2011, 10:10 PM
What about having an option to add world map to main screen. That way it won't confuse new players because by the time they get to changing advanced options they should have at least a basic understanding of the game?

I too would love to see world map in main screen. It makes jumping into the game a lot easier. Please Devs at least give us this option.

superglut2
04-12-2011, 11:36 PM
please leave it the way it is now.i rly did not like all these join options before with quick play a d world map.

maybe add a settings option to have the old screen back for ppl who rly like it.