PDA

View Full Version : Official PvP feedback thread

Pages : [1] 2

Justg
05-24-2010, 11:41 PM
It is fast, it is nuts, and how can we make it better?

Please keep this thread focused on specific feedback and suggestions... thanks!

TheBaconKing
05-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Allow us to cast Evade while moving.

Aerospacegod
05-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Lag lag lag lag

Also dieing in 5 seconds is not fun. No chance to be strategic.

Weapons are not equal, currently ranged items own all.

Justg
05-24-2010, 11:44 PM
What is your typical ping?

Aerospacegod
05-24-2010, 11:47 PM
100-200, but atm I cant play at all, game starts but the running armor guy never goes away...not the only one here either

Demarrer
05-24-2010, 11:50 PM
Respawns are bad. You get respawned in between the other team. I have died numerous times because of that.

Dizko
05-24-2010, 11:52 PM
Allow us to cast Evade while moving.

Yes.

Also the joystick is still visible on the end of round summary page.

Its a bit crazy at the minute but it has a lot of potential. Capture the flag would be immense.

EDIT: That being said, fantastic job on 1.2 guys.

I'm really curious to see how pvp turns out and can't wait until the rest of Legends wakes up so we can pwn.

asommers
05-25-2010, 12:05 AM
Trying to reproduce the inability to get into a dungeon.

-ALS

Aerospacegod
05-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Try creating a pvp, cant get past the loading screen

j46g629h
05-25-2010, 12:18 AM
Lag Lag
especially fighting or just resurrecting, it's like around 2000+

also there is a problem with my skill showing on main screen
some of them just disappeared (before update it could show 3 lines)
I deleted app and reinstalled it, but doesn't work

my warrior
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/2992/16877934.jpg

my enchantress
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6314/54753104.jpg

Loso
05-25-2010, 12:21 AM
killing and dieing way to easy..... Less than 5 sec., needs to be more competitive. Love the new trade system and power ups tho. :-)

TheBaconKing
05-25-2010, 12:22 AM
Thats because it now only shows skills you have points into.

asommers
05-25-2010, 12:31 AM
It will only show ranked skills.

-ALS

TheBaconKing
05-25-2010, 12:44 AM
1) Respawns
They suck.. Sorry. I respawn, and before I can even move sometimes I am at half health or dead. There is a long delay from when you hit respawn and when you can actually control your character. Also why am I respawning right next to an enemy? That should be the number one NoNo.. When I actually am able get out and fight, it is fun. But half of all kills is someone getting the first shot right after you spawn.

2) Auto Attack or Attacking in general
Auto attack for melee still blows.. I loose it all the time.
Also how can you allow ranged (bow and staff people) to shoot while running away from their target? They don't even need to stop to be able to hit me with their stuff, but I have to stop in order to cast evade?

3) Automatically switch up the maps
When we are doing 3v3 or 5v5, and hit replay we get thrown into the same map. Allow us to switch it up. After each round is over automatically change the map up. Or at least give us the option to switch the map. Since there is no grouping it is kind of rough to get everyone you want to play with, or against, in the same room. Switching maps could potentially become a pain.

That is really all I have for right now. The only other issue is currently being looked at by you guys, and that the running man loading screen bug. When PvP isn't about being spawn camping it is fun, but when you are getting killed as soon as or right after you spawn it is no fun.

asommers
05-25-2010, 01:03 AM
When you respawn, it's supposed to pick the respawn point with the fewest number of enemies nearby. Sounds like it's not working. We'll get it fixed for tomorrow's update.

We can also fix it so you can cast Evade while moving.

-ALS

HectorCruz
05-25-2010, 01:07 AM
You guys have an awesome record as far as fixing and updating, so of course I will be very patient. I'm sure you know about the real bugs, so I'll just offer some suggestions:

From what I could gather (now that I can't join any games, which has been mentioned) as far as the spawning, I think if there is a short period of invincibility it could help.

Also have different spawn locations for each team. At the beginning of the round, I will spawn, wait a couple seconds, and an opponent will spawn in the same place.

Finally, we don't have enough health. Croc's have a TON of health (2 or 3 thousand?), but I for one have 251. So two normal hits from bear will kill me, a stomp will kill me right away (without evade). Maybe for whatever our health is in PvE games, add a zero on the end? 2510 would give me a better chance at survival, it would also create more strategy for the other team.

You guys are awesome at updating, so I'm sure you will get everything done very quickly. That being said, there is a bit of an angry mob forming in at least one of the townes.

Thanks for all of your hard work, and I expect great things in the future.

Edit: Thanks for the evade moving thing. I was so upset when I had to keep stopping, lol.

Rannos
05-25-2010, 02:01 AM
Beckon works about a quarter of the time (do you have to be motionless for it to work in PvP?), no damage is shown above enemy to see if you are connecting hits, and archers and enchantresses keep getting beefed while the warrior is a lame duck. Pretty frustrating - switched to play PvE and you can no longer target. Epic fail.

Diz
05-25-2010, 03:25 AM
Here are the most important issues at the launch of PvP in 1.2 -

[in no particular order of importance, and off the top of my head]

#1 - Bows too overpowered in general. Range is clearly the only viable way to do damage in a game where 1 or 2 shots can kill anyone. This involves pillar hugging, LoS cheesing, and coordinated rushes in which individual players [or PUGs] have literally no chance to react. This leads to mindless and predictable PvP, even though the goal is for it to be as dynamic as possible given the limitations of there only being 3 classes, etc.

#2 - Damage mitigation needs to be tweaked. Without sounding too abstract, it is difficult to tell where the problem of 1-2 shots is stemming from. My first assumption is that it is on purpose and is to be dealt with later on with more efficient gear / level cap / stat points / skill points to allocated. My second assumption is that it could be dealt with by either increasing damage mitigation in relation to Armor, ala either an Armor mechanic tweak or by buffing Armor across the board globally via gear updates. The third idea is the opposite of the previous, wherein either the DPS mechanic itself or weapons in general are nerfed to reduce damage and circumvent changing damage mitigation as is. Any of these are viable and practical for PL, possibly a hybrid. Natural progression of the game itself would point towards the first assumption, where the problems seen in terms of PvP combat numbers are overcome by more practical and useful gear and more character flexibility at higher levels [with more skill / stat points to utilize].

#3 - Respawns need a 3 second invuln buff. Simple. Could also consider different spawn points, 'bases' etc.

#4 - The Ref. What gives? Absolutely borks the ____ out of some rounds.

#5 - Are the PvP power-ups being shown on screen as a buff or in any manner on the HUD? If not, something to consider. Timer would be nice for buffs / powerups, but maybe I'm missing this.

#6 - Red text in the "Join PvP game" screen too difficult to read. Contrasts bad against the blue background of the game in this particular section of the UI. Just make it WHITE like the rest of the games listed in any other section of the "Join Game" UI.

#7 - No way to see who is in the current game, who is on the opposite team. This makes beginning a match difficult without someone messing up or the chat box being spammed. As is, most people just gung-ho right from the start and this can bork entire rounds.

#8 - Some sort of trigger in order to begin the round. Otherwise it is difficult to start a legitimate round. I know it's sort of casual and all, but a simple "ready!" would be nice that would count down from 3 and let the actual round start. Before hand no deaths / kills should count, or people should be invuln until it starts.

These are just off the top of my head. So far it is a total blast, but also falls short in the context of structure. Feels more like a jump-in, jump-out type of endeavor. This is wonderful for logistics and accessibility in a meta sense; everybody will get a chance to get in a knock some heads around... but there needs to be more structure to give PvP a sense of legitimacy and organization [for those that wish to play that way]. Thanks Spacetime, you guys rock and are on your way to making PL the best game. It may seem like a long way to go, and sure it is just a phone game, but this is really pushing the edge as far as mobile gaming and MMOs in general are concerned. If you guys make this work smooth and get everything to come together [which we, the players, already see happening] then you will have something very special in your hands. To the rest of you, I'll heal ya if you're on my team and run away if you aren't. WOOT!!!

doot
05-25-2010, 03:35 AM
Lag Lag

my warrior

my enchantress

This skill bug happens to my bear (name: Dootbear), as well.

Purearch
05-25-2010, 03:58 AM
Pures feedback on PvP.

PvP is great!! I think when it comes to PvP it's all about how your skills are used. In this case a warrior can own 3-4 people in one blow. I've done it already so it's possible. Also Bow-Bears at this point own everyone.

My inputs are maybe when starting a pvp match give all players x3-4 health... This would make pvp last alot longer and give it more skill rather then spam your skills. I also believe with that being said that maybe boost mana as well 2-3x when entering a PvP dungeon. I know it's a pain with all of the code changes needed but I think more people would play.

With all this being said..... Great Job Devs.... 1.2 is (at this point) the best update so far. I love PvP and can't wait to see what is done with the potential PvP has.

P.S
You guys are awesome!!

j46g629h
05-25-2010, 04:08 AM
Just a suggestion

When you just respawn, there should be like 3 seconds or more that the other team players can't attack you,

or within 3 seconds if you are killed by the other team players, then it won't count (e.g. pvp in world of warcraft)

Guitarlon
05-25-2010, 05:17 AM
Um. I can't find any PvP games in the list? Are there many going on?

Sicarii
05-25-2010, 06:23 AM
A few things....

First off, I love it. I am having a blast. You guys rock.

2. I heartily concur with a substantial pvp health boost. I would love to see battles drawn out more, allowing group coordination, reaction time, strategies, and tactics. That would dramatically boost the overall pvp experience.

3. There seems to be a bug with stun. On my character, when I am hit with beckon or wind up stunned from a skill, I cannot move... but I CAN pop off skills. So if I am running around with my bow bear and a warrior beckons me, I cant run away but I CAN pop off iron blood and evade, and then stomp the warrior away... all before my stun wears off. To my thinking, if I am stunned, I should not be able to do anything at all until the stun wears off.

4. Lastly, bow bears are dramatically overpowered. don't get me wrong... I love my bow bear, and I enjoy chewing off faces... but the following should not be possible (Caeryk is my bow bear, lev 31 in green gear):

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab242/believer819/Legends/fd14f209.jpg

Dizko
05-25-2010, 08:00 AM
Bows are not over-powered. Warriors just have to be smart.
Range always has the initial advantage in any pvp game.

j46g629h
05-25-2010, 08:05 AM
I have a bow bear,

tank bear still can kill me in second and they are not that easy to be killed

I don't think bow bear is overpower, just have the advantage of attack speed.

Guitarlon
05-25-2010, 08:21 AM
can sum1 explain where to find the free 2v2 map. I've tried creating one but it's not listed. I want to try before purchasing

JoeRoe
05-25-2010, 08:35 AM
Well i was hope we can fight a little bit i think the ppl die to fast my archer got 3 attacks (dmg skills) when i use all 3 Only a tank dont die.

Maybe increse amor and pve mob dmg or something.
U have create much diffrent maps thats very well

thx.

Inching
05-25-2010, 09:01 AM
constructive crit

- lagging like crazy
- anyone using a bow regradless class has advantage
- respawing in the middle of battles hense instant death
- other bugs which i know ur aware of like constant running man
- cannot host any games besides PvP
- cannot join any games unless PvP
- touch screen on the game seems less responsive (or is that just me?)

zonabi
05-25-2010, 09:32 AM
the PVP seem very unbalanced (esp for mages) and very short-lived. the matches and even 'lives' dont last long enough to make it enjoyable to all.

spawning needs better logic and/or immune time to give a starting chance.
adding more health or figuring out a different hitpoints/damage/armor system could help make matches longer and more strat involved. (liked the idea of adding "0" to HP to boost up ie adding one thousand.)
mages need some love, they are very squishy.
cannot seem to join townes (yea this isnt exaclty pvp related)

overall interesting update, pvp is kinda cool, but certainly needs alot of tweaking. Thanks for all your hard work devs and STS (spacetime studios). Great product.
Community, keep the constructive criticism and ideas coming, its the only way they will know what we expect and would like in Pocket Legends.

Laska
05-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Right now I kinda prefer the 3v3 maps over 5v5 cu of less lag and also I last longer then 5 sec and ther actually a little bit of strategy involved :) otherwise it's pretty fun and ctf wuld be way funner imo. And I really don't thinkbow bears are overpowered. I die as much as anyone else. But I do think ranged is way to easy lol ppl wif daggers or swords jus die before they get to me....and also I don't lik being spawned killed lik 5 times in a row so annoying..

Steverd
05-25-2010, 09:59 AM
AGREE, so far Respawns are the worse part of PvP, people just stay around the entrance and kill you as soon as you respawn. How about random respawn locations????

Steve

1) Respawns
They suck.. Sorry. I respawn, and before I can even move sometimes I am at half health or dead. There is a long delay from when you hit respawn and when you can actually control your character. Also why am I respawning right next to an enemy? That should be the number one NoNo.. When I actually am able get out and fight, it is fun. But half of all kills is someone getting the first shot right after you spawn.

ed anger
05-25-2010, 10:12 AM
It will only show ranked skills.

-ALS

nice, this is actually helpful

Azrael
05-25-2010, 10:56 AM
most of the ideas being flowed around here are pretty accurate. I wasn't able to enter any games last night so i'm going to hold off on my major suggestions or ideas and just share initial experiences..

After playing a few rounds with each of my characters, i'll say that each class can get kills, but bows obviously have the advantage. Two handers were way too hard to use, as the swing time was so slow compared to other weapons that only slashes were effective.

The biggest two issue i can see just from the onset spawning randomly and on your enemy, and fights end in 2-3 hits. Health and armor are almost meaningless. If i pop all of my buffs on my warrior before entering combat, i can survive a bit longer to get the kill, but there isn't even enough time to use them once a fight has started. Beckon is also unreliable, affected by lag, and easily overwhelmed by stomp and knock-back. Enchantress heal can make a big difference sometimes.. but the fights go so fast it generally can't save your team mate. Seems to me like everything needs to be slowed down.. damage, certain cool-downs, stun effects.

I love that pvp is in the game, but the amount of tweaking it needs is so great that its going to require everything about the game to change, including player/mob pve interaction.

Xanthia
05-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Health and Mana need to go WAY up, I would guess around 3k each would be a good number, that way attacks would not kill in 1 shot. Also add more damage and heals from the current skills. Everything needs a buff, but health and mana need it the most. I think it was a good release. Just needs some major tweaking. There needs to be Bases on each side that are inaccessible to the other team and you have 4 seconds to be invulnerability in your base before you are kicked to right outside. Also make the maps much bigger so that base camping will be much less of an issue. No power ups at all, these do not make the game even, it is basically who is the first character to make it to the power up wins. Battles need to last like minutes not seconds.

Edatx
05-25-2010, 11:18 AM
I agree with a lot that has been said-- it was a good initial release-- with some tweaking I can tell PVP is going to be a lot of fun.

Xanthia made a great point about hit point / mana pools. Perhaps with each level characters get like 10-15 hit points and 10-15 mana-- Str and Int could probably also give more hp/mana per point to help people specialize better (tanks have way more hit points because of strength, casters way more mana...)

One other thing: dodge and crit rates are WAY too high. Having archers approaching 70% crit with 50% dodge is a little un-balanced. As an Enchanter (yes, I'm the only male Enchanter) my only defense is my manashield, when that's burned through with 1 shot I'm left useless with no mana anyway. Bears and Birds have massive mitigation abilities that enhance their survivability a lot.

I've only played PVP for a day now so I'm sure I'll have a lot more specific suggestions-- great initial release!!!

Dizko
05-25-2010, 11:19 AM
I guessed we'd need more health.

Too fast paced. The only thing close to 'tactics' at the minute seems to be sticking together.

Infact I was in a 3v3 match (actually 2v2) and it was me on my archer and another dude as a tank. We started this system where he would run in and start hitting while I root the enemy and hit from range.

We could get 2 or 3 kills before his health was too low and he got killed. The shortly after I'd get beckoned in and ka'pwned.

FeralDruid
05-25-2010, 11:30 AM
I was going to state that I'm 2 shotting chickens right now with my bear, which while fun, gets old quickly. However, I've noticed you updated the arenas for players to do less damage now. Looking forward to longer matches :)

Endless
05-25-2010, 11:30 AM
After playing a bit more this morning, I agree with most of the points in this thread.
HP/MP pools are almost unchanged from lvl 1 to lvl 30. And getting 1 shotted as I'm spawning sucks quite a bit.
Turning seems more difficult with the skills book open. Even when I'm using screen area that is not covered.
A health bar over your current target would be nice.
Tap targeting would be even better.
Spells and attacks while stunned seems like a no-no.

asommers
05-25-2010, 11:34 AM
We reduced PvP damage in the latest content update. Give it a try and post feedback here (or in the 47406 Content Update thread).

-ALS

JoeRoe
05-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Ok 1. Thx for turn the dmg lower.

But a tank reggs more than he lose lol

u guys do a real good job u listen to the players and try to do it perfect thx for this

Synozeer
05-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Just played some PvP. It's slowly getting there, but unfortunately, now it takes way too long to kill someone. I fear that by reducing damage across the board, it's minimizing the differences between those who do more damage and those who do less damage.

For example, if all damage is reduced in half, then someone who was doing 100 a shot is doing 50, and someone doing 80 a shot is doing 40. Instead of an extra 20 points of damage per hit over the other person before the reduction in damage, now they're only doing 10 more than the other person, meaning there's not a whole lot of difference and trivializes the extra damage people have built up.

Some other suggestions:

- When someone dies and respawns, give them "ghost" status for 5 seconds where they can't attack or be attacked, to help prevent spawn killings.
- Stun should stun the character so they can't do anything, not just make it so they can't move and still attack back.

Thanks!

j46g629h
05-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Just played some PvP. It's slowly getting there, but now unfortunately, now it takes way too long to kill someone. I fear that by reducing damage across the board, it's minimizing the differences between those who do more damage and those who do less damage.

For example, if all damage is reduced in half, then someone who was doing 100 a shot is doing 50, and someone doing 80 a shot is doing 40. Instead of an extra 20 points of damage per hit over the other person before the reduction in damage, now they're only doing 10 more than the other person, meaning there's not a whole lot of difference and trivializes the extra damage people have built up.

Some other suggestions:

- When someone dies and respawns, give them "ghost" status for 5 seconds where they can't attack or be attacked, to help prevent spawn killings.
- Stun should stun the character so they can't do anything, not just make it so they can't move and still attack back.

Thanks!

Can't agree more,

and it makes enchantress more useless.

FeralDruid
05-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Just played some PvP. It's slowly getting there, but unfortunately, now it takes way too long to kill someone. I fear that by reducing damage across the board, it's minimizing the differences between those who do more damage and those who do less damage.

Some other suggestions:

Thanks!

You can't really have it both ways, in that even after reductions, you're still doing 20 more damage. We wanted longer matches, and thats what we got. Instead of dying in 2 shots, you're dying in 20, and in that time you've got a larger window of opportunity to play your class in a way that it works best for the situation rather than dying before that situation ever gets a chance to arise.

Dizko
05-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Its very hard for 1 dps to take down a tank. But thats the way it should be.

Natatat
05-25-2010, 01:06 PM
I still think the spawns are a little screwy. I'd say you could designate a blue and red spawn point, but then people would camp those out.

Dizko
05-25-2010, 01:10 PM
I still think the spawns are a little screwy. I'd say you could designate a blue and red spawn point, but then people would camp those out.

Yea 5 second ghost status idea would sort it.

EDIT: However, do not make the ghost status apply to someone who has been ress'd by an enchanter. We dont need a ressed tank who can do anything lol.

Synozeer
05-25-2010, 01:18 PM
You can't really have it both ways, in that even after reductions, you're still doing 20 more damage. We wanted longer matches, and thats what we got. Instead of dying in 2 shots, you're dying in 20, and in that time you've got a larger window of opportunity to play your class in a way that it works best for the situation rather than dying before that situation ever gets a chance to arise.

I'm doing 20 more damage, but that's not what my character with his equipment was designed to do - he was designed to do 40. PvP is putting an artificial reduction on my characters abilities, basically changing the way everything works and interacts with one another. Overall, it's throwing everything out of balance and making PvP boring and generic.

In my opinion, the real way to fix this problem (and several others in the game), is to make gaining hit points level based so that you don't end up with 1st level characters having the same health as a 35th level character. That just doesn't make sense. Sure, this would require a revamp of most things in the game, but there's a reason why almost every level based RPG and MMORPG in existence uses a hit point per level system - it works! And it lets you add a lot more variety to the game without the restraints of staying within the small range of hit points characters can have.

Right now the hit points per level is supplemented with armor. Every level you can do more damage, and armor can absorb more damage. Overall, it stays even, and no matter what class you are, there's very little difference in armors for the different classes. A few points here and there, but that's really not significant. If you had a hit point system, you'd start to get big differences between the class, which is how it should be.

Synozeer
05-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Also, I just did small test in the game where I sat there with my Sniper's Bayou Bow and shot at a warrior (he was helping with the test) without him attacking back and couldn't kill him. 3 minutes later and he was still fine. I'm guessing that the armor reduction wasn't reduced as well?

Edatx
05-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Can't agree more,

and it makes enchantress more useless.

I disagree. While I'm not sold on the changes (I think something more comprehensive is necessary than just altering damage tables) I think it made my enchanter much stronger. Having 14m/s I almost never died in the matches I played and always had mana to heal and attack.

Dizko
05-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Heres a challenge.

Get two warriors to kill eachother.

Nothing happens. Lol..

Laska
05-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Lol it wuld nice to actually find a pvp match right now thers lik none.....but the 5v5 arenas are pretty coo lol

ed anger
05-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Lol it wuld nice to actually find a pvp match right now thers lik none

pvp is hard to balance. those who lose stop playing after a couple matches, and soon the winners have no one to fight and quit from boredom.

Edatx
05-25-2010, 03:11 PM
pvp is hard to balance.

this.

It's also hard to balance when you have a complete other game to worry about (PvE in this case) -- If you change skills / abilities / roles you have to re-tune everything.

FeralDruid
05-25-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm doing 20 more damage, but that's not what my character with his equipment was designed to do - he was designed to do 40. PvP is putting an artificial reduction on my characters abilities, basically changing the way everything works and interacts with one another. Overall, it's throwing everything out of balance and making PvP boring and generic.

In my opinion, the real way to fix this problem (and several others in the game), is to make gaining hit points level based so that you don't end up with 1st level characters having the same health as a 35th level character. That just doesn't make sense. Sure, this would require a revamp of most things in the game, but there's a reason why almost every level based RPG and MMORPG in existence uses a hit point per level system - it works! And it lets you add a lot more variety to the game without the restraints of staying within the small range of hit points characters can have.

Right now the hit points per level is supplemented with armor. Every level you can do more damage, and armor can absorb more damage. Overall, it stays even, and no matter what class you are, there's very little difference in armors for the different classes. A few points here and there, but that's really not significant. If you had a hit point system, you'd start to get big differences between the class, which is how it should be.

This isn't "every other mmo" if we get to the bottom of things. This is core gameplay, the very basics packaged into a pick-up-and-play digestible format for a portable medium.

Saying you want to keep your +40 damage which you've acquired through gear means those highly geared have an easier time chalking up victories. No thanks, I don't want to grind out gear just so I can be on par with people who have more time to play than I do. I'd rather take my welfare epics and be on a level playing field with those who spent days tracking down a pink helm and still hand out beat downs based on how I play and not what I'm wearing.

The bottom line is PvP is about using your class to the best of its ability..

Saying the PvP is watered down, or lacks dynamics ignores variables such as spec and weapons of choice.

Sicarii
05-25-2010, 04:18 PM

Actually, nothing has changed except the timeline. Before, you used to do 40 extra damage in 5 seconds. Now, you do 40 extra damage in 10 seconds. You still have the same difference in damage across classes, you have simply changed the time table.

The only thing this really effects is skill based spike damage, because you have to deal with recasts. There are really only a very few skills that have significant timers, though, and most of those are defensive.

Also, I just did small test in the game where I sat there with my Sniper's Bayou Bow and shot at a warrior (he was helping with the test) without him attacking back and couldn't kill him. 3 minutes later and he was still fine.

I call shenanigans, seeing as how I just went through a pvp round where I specifically targeted the warriors... and I was able to kill them... with Scabby Heavy Crossbow. Took me a while, but then... it's a bloody tank - it SHOULD take me a while. They survive. That's kinda the point...

Not to mention, these are not 1v1 pvp arenas. They are 3v3 and 5v5. At the moment, they are being played like a bunch of crazies running around with hatchets, hacking at the first thing they see. Eventually, you will wind up with groups that work together, that coordinate attacks, that have certain characters assigned certain roles, that focus fire, and that keep each other alive. When a group of 3 or 5 focus fires on that tank friend of yours, I guarantee you he will drop before he knows he is under attack... especially if they coordinate spikes.

Bam! Headshot!

Diz
05-25-2010, 04:57 PM
I just played two rounds, one 5v5 one 3v3 - wow. Amazing now. Actually playable compared to last night [even though it was still a blast].

Now my favorite PvP game on my iPhone. Goodbye, Eliminate Pro...

Teamwork = everything. Stick n move. Focus fire. Support teammates. Grab powerups. WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Synozeer
05-25-2010, 05:35 PM
This isn't "every other mmo" if we get to the bottom of things. This is core gameplay, the very basics packaged into a pick-up-and-play digestible format for a portable medium.

Maybe at first, but with all the new additions - guilds, PvP, trading, etc, it's gaining the features of a more advantages MMO. Of course, with only 3 stats, it can only go so far.

Saying you want to keep your +40 damage which you've acquired through gear means those highly geared have an easier time chalking up victories. No thanks, I don't want to grind out gear just so I can be on par with people who have more time to play than I do. I'd rather take my welfare epics and be on a level playing field with those who spent days tracking down a pink helm and still hand out beat downs based on how I play and not what I'm wearing.

The bottom line is PvP is about using your class to the best of its ability.

So what you're saying is forget about equipment or time spent on developing your character - lets make it easy for everyone. Just because you don't care to grind out gear to do a bit better in PvP doesn't mean no one else does. There's a reason why there's different rarities and stats for equipment - to reward those who put the time in and give a goal to strive for. But either way, you would still be able to do fine with your welfare epics, but those with better items would have a slight edge.

Actually, nothing has changed except the timeline. Before, you used to do 40 extra damage in 5 seconds. Now, you do 40 extra damage in 10 seconds. You still have the same difference in damage across classes, you have simply changed the time table.

The advantages of some classes is the speed they can deal out damage. Time is important. Now you're giving your opponents time to heal, regain mana, recover from stuns, etc, that they wouldn't have been able to do normally. Enchantresses with 16 mana regen will basically get double the mana back, enough to throw extra heals, more damage dealing spells, etc, while a warrior will run out of mana after sitting there for 40 seconds trying to kill you.

I call shenanigans, seeing as how I just went through a pvp round where I specifically targeted the warriors... and I was able to kill them... with Scabby Heavy Crossbow. Took me a while, but then... it's a bloody tank - it SHOULD take me a while. They survive. That's kinda the point...

I don't think so. Ask Doberman - that's who I was testing with. Note that all I was doing was shooting at him and casting Rage - I wasn't using any other of my abilities. But I sat there for minutes and he was fine. If you half damage, you need to half armor.

Diz
05-25-2010, 05:43 PM
You don't need to half the armor just because you half the damage. In fact that would be two steps back after we just took one forward, Grim.

Nerfing armor because damage was nerfed [to reduce 1 shot instagib fest aka LAST NIGHT] would then put us right back in the same exact situation.

There are other ways of balancing the numbers, but they seem to be pretty balanced compared to last night. Duels SHOULD last several minutes [which they do right now] if both players are going all-out and focusing. It shouldn't just be a lucky crit within the first cooldown cycle.

PS - However, I did have a fight about an hour ago where Ajeje was on the other team, and we had 4 dudes on him for nearly a minute before he died. He killed one of us. 95% dodge rate, only taking once in a while taking low single-digit damage once in a while from hits. He could 3-4 shot someone too if I wasn't just spamming heal. Seen a couple other archers in similar playstyles, but none on Ajeje's level. Only glaring imbalance I see currently.

DandyValkAiz
05-25-2010, 05:44 PM
ah... its funny how my mage got killed all the time by an archer with juz one hit... ^_^ and my tanker gets killed by an archer too with a few hits...

and ooooh, i'll be rly happy if the lag gets a wee bit better.. lol, i juz respawned and after loading i find myself dead again... >_<

Azrael
05-25-2010, 06:01 PM
dodge does seem to be higher than on our stat pages, by alot.

Natatat
05-25-2010, 07:36 PM
I think there needs to be some sort of pre-game lobby.
1. It would be nice to speak with the people you are playing with, to strategize or something? Maybe when guilds and groups come out, this will be a nice something to have.
2. Maybe the game should be full before it starts, because I've seen people playing like 4v1 and that's not fair. Or maybe the game should force a balance. This could all be figured out in a pre-game lobby.

nerdherd
05-25-2010, 08:09 PM
@Natatat Yes, those are both excellent ideas. Also, maybe add a "ready" button and the game doesn't start until everyone clicks it?

Dizko
05-25-2010, 10:19 PM
I think there should be rewards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. :)

Prest87
05-25-2010, 10:33 PM
Lately I haven't been able to play the pvp maps, it starts to load and 10mins later it's still loading, same with most pve maps any idea why... Sry about being a bit off topic here.

Aerospacegod
05-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Same happened just when 1.2 came out though they said it was fixed. Pm a dev

Edatx
05-25-2010, 11:30 PM
I had a fun day playing! Here is a little more feedback about the latest changes from an Enchantress perspective:

-There are considerable lag spikes while playing, this is a PvP killer because every second counts. (I'm on a 18mb/s connection with low ping, tested with speedtest.net)

-Fizzling spells (when target is oor but the spell still casts and goes into cooldown) is extremely frustrating.

-Damage is a little more inline now but dodge and mitigation still feel a little out of whack. I tested with a few people by rolling my entire arsenal (Drain Life -> Lightning -> Ice Storm -> Fire Storm -> Frostbite), sometimes I do between 150 and 200 damage and sometimes it's like 10. This is with my target not using any defensive abilities.

-Bears and Birds can trigger a DPS burst with their crit enhancing abilities but I don't have an equivalent. It's the same for dodge and armor enhancement.

-I thought Mana Shield would be key, but now I think it's kind of useless for PvP; it's better to just heal spam. When I go to my mana shield it's probably because I'm getting focus fired, in that case I'll be down to 0 mana and die anyway. It seems better to try and survive with heal spam and make a run for it, that way if I survive I'm still able to fight.

-Buffs are pretty much useless. I have yet to notice the benefit they provide, if me or a party member are going to get focused nothing really helps.

-I felt like I contributed the most in a group when I was just heal spamming and running for my life. Sometimes I'd drop a combo and it would work but I don't know when an opponent's health is low so I can actually be effective.

Thanks guys!!

JoJoTheWho
05-26-2010, 05:35 PM
The first night I tried pvping, my tank took no damage at all. I was completely over powered, but with that I couldn't deal enough damage to kill the pure dex's with their insane dodge rate.

The next night I pvpd after an update, I was being one shot by every class, with 90 armor and over 350 health? Not sure. I can't even touch any one with 200 dex, as they stab me down with 100 dps >:0

I suggest:
dex: reduce the amount of dodge recieved from dex. Dex gives hit, crit, and dodge. Str gives little health, little armor, little health regen. Int gives little mana, and mana regen.

Or instead of reducing the stats gained from dex, increase the armor from str. Or cause str to increase min and max damage, and dex increase dps. Int could increase spell crit. That way they have a little more power.

Maybe have a buff gained from being in a pvp zone. X5 health, or some sort of multiplier, so fights are more drawn out. Give some sort of equality in damage recieved. Fights should be about using certain skills to defeat your opponent. Not luck, and hoping to be the one to dodge more and one shot

pbfreek
05-26-2010, 11:56 PM
I am in favor of any suggestions relating to...
Decrease in Warrior Damage (the tank class shouldn't also be the DPS class; tank should do the least damage or a relatively equal amount of damage compared to the healer class)
Decrease in Archer Damage (when people are talking about how they hit 700 in PvP, there's a problem)
Increase in Enchantress Damage (I don't think I've hit above 30 yet, and I have some top-notch gear)
Auto attack fix (it is having issues)
Dodge stat decrease and/or dodge skill power decrease (dodge skill can be popped a second or two after the buff expires and that buff puts their dodge at almost 70%)
Ping/lag/framerate fixes (the average ping in PvP on my iTouch is around 350 on a good day)

Obliteration
05-27-2010, 12:03 AM
Decrease in Warrior Damage (the tank class shouldn't also be the DPS class; tank should do the least damage or a relatively equal amount of damage compared to the healer class)
Decrease in Archer Damage (when people are talking about how they hit 700 in PvP, there's a problem)
Increase in Enchantress Damage (I don't think I've hit above 30 yet, and I have some top-notch gear)
Dodge stat decrease and/or dodge skill power decrease (dodge skill can be popped a second or two after the buff expires and that buff puts their dodge at almost 70%)
Ping/lag/framerate fixes (the average ping in PvP on my iTouch is around 350 on a good day)

There you go again asking for nerfing of the classes you don't play. See they can't just reduce a single classes damage. Due to the fact most people go hybrid. Maybe you should create another class, maybe try getting your archer to 35. Or just respec.

pbfreek
05-27-2010, 12:35 AM
There you go again asking for nerfing of the classes you don't play. See they can't just reduce a single classes damage. Due to the fact most people go hybrid. Maybe you should create another class, maybe try getting your archer to 35. Or just respec.Well, where's your 35 Enchantress, Mr. Know-it-all? :)

I have in the past started a bear. I couldn't handle the melee combat with all my lag. And I've been leveling another archer which I plan to sit at 19 so I can PvP in the free Dark Forest map, then I plan to finish up my 29 archer. But... switching to the OP class isn't very fun. I'd rather have balance. If balance isn't relatively there by the time my arhcher is 35, I'll still play my Enchantress. I've PvPed on my 29 and 16 archers a few times. Four shotting people isn't fun and just causes them to leave. I'd rather play the underdog, but more-so, I'd rather have balance. In any case, the issue I'm addressing isn't a personal one, so it wouldn't matter what I do or don't play.

Respecing could solve the issue, I suppose. Then again, all my best gear is in Int and I'd hate to have to farm again. Also, my setup is great for PvE; I love my M/s. I'd prefer not to sacrifice one gameplay over the other.

I didn't really think about hybrids. I guess I just don't see them that often, with the exception of the bow-bears; they're somewhat common. Most players that are not Enchantresses definitely do not go hybrid. Only occasionally will I see a melee-bird.

Well, if you haven't noticed, no Enchantress does well for themselves; even the hybrids. The warrior and archer hybrids (who, may I remind you, never take on the role of casting spells) do well for themselves, too, so it would make sense to make a base-nerf on both classes. In my opinion, those hybrids need a little debuff, as well.

Obliteration
05-27-2010, 01:47 AM
Mystic is one of the best pvpers. They are full on caster enchantress. But I never wanted to create an enchantress because I'm sexist when it comes to video games. There's your honest answer.

Azrael
05-27-2010, 11:44 AM

Strangely... i agree but i doubt i agree with you. Wierd right?

Right now all classes have to have their damage tweaked and for dodge and miss rate to be brought into line with stats.
Warriors 1h and Enchantress should have the same damage potential, and Warrior 2h and Archer bow should have the same damage potential. The first thing that needs to be done is to have dodge rate and miss rate fixed though, so that we can really tell what the classes damage potentials are.

Evanna<3
05-27-2010, 05:46 PM
im losing hope with the capabilities of the enchantress when it comes to pvp. >,< i guess we need luck to survive most of the time since were so easily killed and we have low damages. or maybe we should just stay back and heal/buff... doesnt sound so interesting, does it? :(

Evanna<3
05-27-2010, 05:49 PM
pvp is a bit laggy as well.

ratava
05-28-2010, 04:14 AM
Only played a few games of PvP so far, but all really super satisfying. Thanks Devs.

The pace and duration, at least seem spot on and first to 10 kills etc is good. Power-ups on some stages are good variety also.

ratava
05-28-2010, 04:24 AM
A graphical effect to show when you kill an enemy and get a very visual cue from this would be good to see. Always nice to see the enemies entrails...

Are there any updates due to make organising balanced PvP matches/tournaments etc soon?

Enjoy the odd match of PvP but wish there was more structure for organising satisfactory fights ie equal numbers, right weight division !! ; )

runedarkblade
06-14-2010, 02:58 PM
never any matches going on and if there is it always say i do not meet dungeon requierment and I'm level 34 bow bear thats unstopable when i can join

runedarkblade
06-15-2010, 10:03 AM
being able to play one would be nice. i never can join always says i do not meet dungeon requierments. the only games i can join are the ones i create...

jerryguevara
06-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Well I'm not going to repeat all the basic, and most obvious, bugs that are present in the PvP campaigns because they have been mentioned a lot and I'm sure thats the Devs are of aware of them.

My Suggestions (Might seem kind of crazy or 'overexpanding'):

1. HQs-
Okay I suggest that PvP should be made in a more interesting manner and that for every team there should be headquarters where players can respawn and not get killed in a mere 5 seconds. There should be a time limit of (30 seconds) allowed in the HQ for a player to exit it. Once a player exits, they cannot re-enter the HQ until they die. Oh, and i should add that a PvP game can't start until the the correct number of players are present. So the HQs can also be a waiting room.

2. Towers
I would suggest towers in certain PvP maps for archers and mages, where they can somewhat farcast from above.

3. Hit Point Problems -
Okay first off I would like to display to you the obvious and the real numbers and stats that we have going on here and also the disadvantages that those stats bring. On average, Mage staffs hit from 80-108 damage. Warriors, while equipped with a 2-handed sword, can hit anywhere from 100-190 damage. NOW CONSIDER: The average PL character has about 250-350 health. Doesn't this seem just plain...WRONG?! And this is not even considering the buffs. With buffs someone can hit up to 300. Thats a KO to almost any character. I would HIGHLY suggest you add that extra '0' at the end of every character HP, although not changing the damage potential on the weapons. This would allow longer battles, more skill involved, and consequently more satisfaction to the PL players that enjoy a good game of Player-vs-Player.

4. MAJOR SUGGESTION ON SKILLS

Three paths in skills. Yes, three paths. What exactly am i talking about? Well, let's just say when you raise to level 2 on a mage, there are three skills you can choose: Fire Bolt, Ice Bolt, and Lightning Bolt. Whichever skill is chosen opens up a gateway of other skills specifically related and similar(yet stronger) than the skill chosen. For example, just say a you choose fire bolt, well after that there would be a skill called fire blast that is stronger than the first 'fire skill'. The same with Ice and Thunder. That way the mages can have more variety and can be called 'Fire mage', 'Ice Mage', or 'Lightning mage'. The same thing can correspond to other characters. For warriors it could be a 'Rage warrior', etc. Archers could be 'Sniper Archers', etc. This would create a HUGE variety withing the characters and would also allow skills to be very significant in a game of PvP. (This, ofcourse, would be a major update and would take time and a lot of thinking, but i would guarantee this would be the best iPod/iPhone game out there.)

5. EXPAND

PvP maps should be significantly enlarged which can allow, most likely later on in the future, 10vs10 and 20vs20 maps :)

Tell me if I'm in way over my head or if this sounds reasonable lol :)

bmc85uk
06-25-2010, 07:16 PM
1. HQ/Spawn room
Yeah, I like the idea of a spawn room, although there are a lot of maps they'd have to redesign, pardon mentioning it, but WoW had a pretty good system, both teams had a spawn room that was locked during the waiting process, then the barriers came down and carnage ensued. I like the idea of a battlefield where you can push the frontline to either persons front door :-)

2. Towers
Not sure I like the idea of this, considering that maps are set on a level playfield and having people hide in towers just seems a problem.

3. PvP damage problems
If you use stiff variables to affect the damage, the impact changes incrementally between the lower and higher levels, I'd suggest something more like a damage reduction to skills, hit%, evade% and crit%, as well as a reduction in heals, and most likely mana/hp regen on some of the oasis gear.
Just a quick example of stiff variables being no good - defensive skills such as an enchantresses 'Weakness', part of the effect is -10 to -50 damage, which for regular attacks is great, but a critical hit from firestorm wont feel much effect from this.
That said, the idea of having hp/mana added by level progression (as well as through stats) has been suggested Here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3231-Adding-health-and-mana-every-level-*LOOOOOOOOOOOOK*)

4. Skill trees
This has been posted in the suggestions & feedback forum, and is best discussed in there :-)

5. Expansion
Using the current game as a rough guide, 10v10 would be absolute chaos and slowdown on certain devices, think how crazy town gets when someone pops a few enchantress buffs off.

jerryguevara
06-25-2010, 08:15 PM
hah yea bout the 10vs10 it would lag like crazy:P

ratava
07-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Starting a PvP game ATM involves:

1 NEW GAME
2 Towne: Chat: "PvP game, roll-up, roll-up..."
3 Invite friends who meet lvl requirements who might turn-up at irregular times.

I was wondering if a queue-system could be added to players interested in PvP to join while they go about other things?

This could be restricted to players going to Towne, while they can do other things at same time usefully, until eg 3v3 enough players have jumped in & tapped ready to start to confirm [in a new menu screen].

Benefits: Would give a place for players to go to organise pvp, give them more time to arrange successfully & carrying on doing useful things eg ye olde housekeeping, book-keeping, trading, chatting, avatar-watching ; ) etc

Guess that gives more chance to

orgnise PvP before, between &/or after PvE [dungeon-crawling] without interfering with this.

That's where/when I see PvP games being played ATM for fun or a challenge or change from usual PvE.

Is this idea any good?

[edit: About with WHO more advanced features needed, eg league, knock-out, guilds collections of players with persistent result/fixture/leadership features.]

Barbamitsos
07-12-2010, 05:18 PM
Close em isnt good idea. Many times u get bored with one hero and switch or maybe one of ure heroes isnt "the best for the job". Close em but make em able to change playwrs

pvpmaster
07-15-2010, 05:03 PM
y not give us a armor boost when we join the game tht way the damage we take is lower so we can fight longer?

bmc85uk
07-15-2010, 05:18 PM
y not give us a armor boost when we join the game tht way the damage we take is lower so we can fight longer?

I see what you mean but it's a false fix for the real issue at hand which is balancing. Adding HP/Armour isnt a solution.

pvpmaster
08-11-2010, 09:37 PM
rawr everyone complains in pvp -high pitch voice- ahhh how do u do it ahhh u hit so high ahhhh u one hit me ahhh
PROBLEM
not enough health????
2H PLAT LVL 45 WITH MY FIRESTORM DOES LIKE 200 AND 170 AVERAGE -.- thts all of a bears mages archer life but if we had about 2000 hp dont u think pvp would b alot better like 2300 bear 1900 mage 2000 archer tht seems about right of how much hp they should have after attriubutes and all the fights would last longer but ud hve to make the str weps stronger cause bear fights would never end but tht would make pallys stronger so jus make a wep tht only bears can use...anyone agree on this??

Grandduke
08-11-2010, 09:52 PM
u should take away ping and just make everywhere equal i mean really it crashes alot

cbreuner
08-17-2010, 12:05 AM
pvp rewards need to be implemented fa sho

Protank
10-10-2010, 12:22 PM
A 1vs1 with spectators is a must imo!

smoae
10-17-2010, 02:55 AM
Add exploding barrels in all levels

Kossi
10-19-2010, 06:04 PM
i hate dying in 2 secs...it should be a 1 vs 1 arena or a multi arena with limited potions allowed in a certain time, and fights should last between 10-20 secs at least

Kossi
10-19-2010, 06:06 PM
also, i hate my LEVEL 49 ARCHER getting killed in 1 second by a sub-boss? for real? even in runescape the best boss (level 700ish) cant kill you in one hit (corporal beast), and also, i strongly want more life points for ALL CLASSES to make pvp and pve better.

TwinkTastical
10-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Yeah.. it hits 104 ... when ur brewed... and ive soloed CB, so sit down and learn ur Runescape. and screw that sig, i saw u boost it -.-

Conradin
10-21-2010, 01:55 PM
Twink what's ure rs guy? I have one but I quit after I lost my gear in pvp. We could meet up on there maybe

Kossi
10-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Pvp rewards? and 2x hp so it isnt a half second fight?

Kossi
10-28-2010, 08:26 PM
lol learn my runescape twink? ive played since '01

TwinkTastical
10-28-2010, 09:04 PM
lol learn my runescape twink? ive played since '01

Then youd know how to solo a CB, and youd know how to pvp, and ud have stats, My *** uve played since 01

Conradin
10-28-2010, 09:44 PM
i started in 03

Protank
11-07-2010, 07:20 AM
Devs make a 1v1 room with the spectaters joining a grey team to watch and or ref. I think legends needs this.

inragedmage
11-07-2010, 06:36 PM
increase hp its absolutely terrible in any other game any class can at least take a few hits before dying but in pve or pvp my mage is out in 2-3 hits with mana shield and all buffs and all cosmos or all void

bladesword
11-15-2010, 04:59 AM
*Ahem* As i wanted to know from ages ago, does Tha ref drop a pink??

Kossi
11-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Pvp rewards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lce
11-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Pvp rewards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:O

Protank
11-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Yes PVP REWARDS plz!

You get 1000, 2500 and 5000 kills u go to the pvp guy in town and get good, better, and best item. Like any item to wear or hold would be beast. Same with ctf. 1000 goals and u get a flag to equip & carry around town or something..anything.

Conradin
11-28-2010, 12:02 PM
pvp rewards, yea!!!!!

SpeedWeed
11-29-2010, 07:22 PM
level restrictions by game creator would be nice.

i find the idea of ppl being able to bring lvl 25-28 into a game with lvl 14-19 just plain retarded

cuard
12-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Nothing it is to great

Jespo
12-24-2010, 02:53 PM
*Ahem* As i wanted to know from ages ago, does Tha ref drop a pink??

one time i was told that he does. and i wouldnt doubt it because in the pvp arena skeller and meathead drop pinks

TheLaw
12-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Just a suggestion

When you just respawn, there should be like 3 seconds or more that the other team players can't attack you,

or within 3 seconds if you are killed by the other team players, then it won't count (e.g. pvp in world of warcraft)

Yes i agree, respawning within 3 seconds and getting killed shouldn't count, spawn killing sucks.

Lag Lag

my warrior

my enchantress

I think you should try mapping your skills, that could be the problem.

youngwizzy
12-24-2010, 06:57 PM
I think Pvp bets, like a 1v1 or something and u bet items or money that you will win, so low lvls bet low and high can bet whatever. :-)

TheLaw
12-24-2010, 07:01 PM
I think Pvp bets, like a 1v1 or something and u bet items or money that you will win, so low lvls bet low and high can bet whatever. :-)

Sounds cool, add in PvP rewards too!

Ruscour
12-30-2010, 02:13 AM
In my opinion, if there's going to be a rewards system for PvP, it should be gear with worse stats than PvE gear, but with bonuses that would make a large difference in PvP.

For example, for a bear as an example, to help close the gap on targets, if you had 2 pieces of the PvP set your ranged-pull-dude-in-ability has a 100% change to work on players, and in addition to the chance to stun, slows the target for 5 seconds.

Elves could have some sort of survivability boost that scaled with INT to encourage less hybriding without sacrificing the ability to live, and maybe some bird ability that had little effect in PvP could be turned into a jump-back ability, where the bird got launched backwards, to be able to keep distance from being raped, but only if the bird had taken damage within 5 seconds (so you couldn't use it to get around faster, just for mobility).

Just some random ideas that are probably awful. Or add resilience (WoW term), that is, a PvP-only stat that directly reduces the amount of damage taken from players, the chance to be crit, and damage-over-time effects.

Movement speed on gear would also probably make a good difference.

I just don't think it's a good idea for people to have to PvE to get decent PvP gear, and vice versa.

Falcomist
12-30-2010, 07:47 AM
Hmm i dont think rewards are necessary but what would be nice if every 1000
kills it would say something, like when you reach 1000 PvE kills it says a title.

Gamelova
01-03-2011, 02:57 PM
A dev... is... viewing.... this... so I'm going to post...

ChadM
01-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Any chance we could get some sort of duel option? I'd love to go one on one, I'd gladly pay real money for an expansion to do it.

One of the biggest things I dislike about current PvP is how one sided it can be with either mismatched levels or two extra guys five levels higher popping in suddenly and mopping the floor with someone in a 1vs1. 1v1 maps or the ability to duel would fix that nicely, and given the transient nature of players on phones, it would certainly be popular...

Zerious
01-23-2011, 05:57 PM
bears at level 20 and below currently over-powered due to rage boost. Implement this please? Not sure how this will affect higher levels... Just asking that this is looked into. Perhaps lowering the boost just slightly?

Thanks in advance :)

Zerious

Chogu
01-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Most of the time archers will own cause of there ko combo if they no it. Basically who ever plays pvp has a great combo. So I think every character should have a ko combo or a combo that is close to death for them to find out.

JBah
02-06-2011, 04:36 PM
bears at level 20 and below currently over-powered due to rage boost. Implement this please? Not sure how this will affect higher levels... Just asking that this is looked into. Perhaps lowering the boost just slightly?

Thanks in advance :)

Zerious

If a warbird owned everyone at lower lvl...would you ask that the devs nerf their skills?

Every character has their advantage... At low lvl is just so happens to be that the bear owns the arena. 30 and up...how often do you see a bear?

In my opinion... Leave the bears alone :D

noobmigo
02-06-2011, 04:38 PM
You did not just rez this thread

Zerious
02-09-2011, 05:37 PM
lol migo
///

Arcanahasabumrash
03-30-2011, 06:32 PM
I hate when I have just died in Capture the Flag and 2 players are in my base, both mages or archers and they kill us with combos when we respawn. There needs to be a protection around us for at least 5 seconds for us to get on our feet because I've gotten at least +200 more deaths than I just. My ratio was 6-1. Now its 2-9.

xyoz
04-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Hi, my name is Xyoz.

I have been playing PL for probably around 3-4 months now, maybe 5. I think its a great game and has been constantly improving. My main character is a mage. It is lvl 55 and i loved to pvp on it. However after the update, i am sorry to say, i have been very disappointed. Pvp for me was always a challenge, since there has always seemed to be a huge amount of archers high level pvping, i died alot. But after training and talking with a few mages, and a little tip off a great mage pvper, i learnt how to kill birds in 1v1.

Although people were really upset about birds using multitap and kind of cheating. I enjoyed it. It gave a great challenge to try and make them misjudge the range and fire their whole arsenal of attacks into open space.

Pvp for me was about perfect timing and judging distance. Now pvp seems about who has the most damage and armor. I have changed from my mixed stats to just full int, for dmg. I find this pretty disappointing that everyone will change to full int because its best, and not have to fiddle around finding the right mix of other attributes. Now mages also feel totally overpowered. I can kill a bird in one hit.

There is no more need for making up combos to 1v1 anymore. Global cooldown takes care of timing the combos, like with ice and fire, before you had to mentally time it before you hit fire so that the ice sticks to your target, now you can just hit the ice button and spam the fire button until the global cooldown does the job for you, and you instantly have a combo. This i find takes the fun out of pvp. It makes it alot easier for people to be good at pvp when before there was a select group that seemed to be able to dominate every match.

It feels like the general public, including me doesn't like global cooldown. If someone could clarify the actual reasons why they added global cooldown and exactly how it benefits us, i will be willing to listen even though i may not agree. However i do like a few of the updates, but not all. The new emotions are funny, and the faces are cool. Also i like how you always face your target if you are in range, that could be a very useful utility. I like the look of the new homepage but i dont' like how the only option you have is to go into a town, you cant go straight into your menu anymore. I also think they should have an option to let it still work like the last time the join button worked on a private match. To only let friends of the players in the match to join.

Space Time Studio's i hope you will take my suggestions and feedback constructively and not as criticism.
Thank You
Xyoz

Knazen
04-20-2011, 06:45 AM
Hi Devs I think there's a glitch in combos it get stuck a lot n somtimes when u do shoot them it still shows that skills there but there not pls look in to this n make it just a litte faster combos so it gets balanced for all chars got used to this now :) // hmmhmm

Kaizz
04-22-2011, 03:05 PM
I would like to see the opponents HP and LVL.

I get asked so many times what is my lvl and for hp i would like to see how well i do against the opponents.

F1zzzzp0p
04-25-2011, 03:06 PM
are pure ints better than dex int dual spec for pvp?

F1zzzzp0p
04-25-2011, 06:27 PM
There should also be a 5 second spawn right after u die and u could also add a option were
U press a button after u die and there is a instant replay
BTY devs r u thinking about making another class or staying with the basic
3?
Thx

Deadsoldiers
04-28-2011, 03:22 AM
I think the new level caps are silly! I am level 10 twink and i can join level 7 in pvp . Then its so easy to beat em because they cant wear strong weapons like christmas or platinum weapons!

CelticStyle
04-28-2011, 03:30 AM
5levelGap= fair IMO. Let's you duel enough players. Or you'll be extinct.
Spawn Invincibility= Not needed. You spawn at different areas in pvp. And in ctf, their buff wears off so they're useless.
These two arguments are invalid lol.

Recommended=STAKES! You bet in cash, Opponent bets in cash, or item, both click agree button, then countdown and START. Winner of Game gets the stake. You get to choose games from 1-10rounds?

CelticStyle
04-28-2011, 03:32 AM
I think the new level caps are silly! I am level 10 twink and i can join level 7 in pvp . Then its so easy to beat em because they cant wear strong weapons like christmas or platinum weapons!

Their fault for not leveling up. If they stay at 7, then they chose it :P

Dyclonious
04-28-2011, 11:46 AM
There is no "new lvl cap" there has always been a 5 lvl gap btwn hosts and joined players.

More on Celticstyle's idea...

I defiantly think there should be a 1v1 arena. Most of the time in PvP people only do 1v1 anyway, or at least try to haha.

DDOUBLED
04-29-2011, 10:28 AM
The new cooldown system makes it harder to use skills in tight situations, like when i wanna use evade but it wont allow me to use it even if i press lots of times, and i end up getting blasted by combos and all that stuff. Im not sure if its an error or something.

Zomgitznaynay
05-21-2011, 01:57 PM
you dont have skills mapped to display thats all that happened

JemNI
06-02-2011, 12:52 PM
I forayed into the realm of PvP in the CtF game and discovered some things that will keep me from probably ever playing CtF again. I see other complaints about this too so I hope some changes are made. As a pvp n00b I was getting pwned as soon as I respawned, with no chance to even press an attack button before I was dead again. The spawn zone should be a safe zone with numerous exits onto the map so that they can't all be blocked by enemy players. Otherwise players can defensively camp in the spawn zone, pinning you down while one other team member freely runs the flag back, racking up a score.

In general, it seems that PvP needs some sort of balancing, experience wise. Level doesn't do it because you can stay at whatever level you choose, but kills shows a pretty good measure of how good you are. Getting more kills should put you into a higher bracket of players to some degree so that a fresh new player doesn't get matched against a PvP expert with 100,000 kills. I mean, is there even a challenge once you have become a master? What's the point for you guys? Anyway, pick any game or sport you want and I find it no fun at all to be immediately matched up against masters while I'm learning how to play.

I think I'll stick to PvE where I enjoy life.

Arterra
06-02-2011, 01:54 PM
In general, it seems that PvP needs some sort of balancing, experience wise. Level doesn't do it because you can stay at whatever level you choose, but kills shows a pretty good measure of how good you are. Getting more kills should put you into a higher bracket of players to some degree so that a fresh new player doesn't get matched against a PvP expert with 100,000 kills. I mean, is there even a challenge once you have become a master? What's the point for you guys? Anyway, pick any game or sport you want and I find it no fun at all to be immediately matched up against masters while I'm learning how to play.

I think I'll stick to PvE where I enjoy life.

I like the kills idea, but that would make it difficult for joining games... maybe if there where a more easy to find auto-join pvp portal, you could introduce the idea of sorting by kills there. that way, you can either join any game you like or automatically get placed in a decent game with players of similar experience.
as for a high kill player joining a game... maybe like this:
0-1000 kills can join any game freely
1000< can join only games hosted by players with 500 or more kills
i myself am at 474 kills and 475 deaths (grrr not even) and now can pretty much play PvP half decently with my mage, so making numbers experience-wise.

JemNI
06-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Yeah, something like that. Or a "Kiddy Pool" where only players with less than 100 kills are allowed. LOL.

I had another thought about CtF because there seems to be a focus among some players on the kills in that game, so they camp on the respawn zone. If you took kills away and put the focus on flag captures. In addition, once a flag is captured and brought home, reset the players back to their home zone. That's the way I've played CtF in real life. Once you capture it and score, you reset so players can recover and people near the other base have to return.

lionblaze149
06-08-2011, 01:00 AM
One thing that would make it better is adding the ability to let hosts inspect others. This way, we could boot people faster, make friends faster, and plainly, things would be less complicated. Please take this into consideration.

Tranejose
06-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Im noob i just started to pvp and everybody kills me what eq should i use and combos? please help :)

AOmonsta
07-04-2011, 10:31 AM
I started playing pvp the other day and have put together a respectable 3-43 record. I must be going against level 50's.

Asaciuacor
07-12-2011, 05:49 PM
full Dex birds have a very low chance of winning against int or str until they reach lv55, str has a lot of health, int [mage-int] heals and has mana shield which gives dex a hard time.
im a lv51 dex bird and when i play against lv46-56 int, str or lv53-56 dex i get owned fast, i mean bears can combo me and i die, i can break a lv56 mages mana shield but they just heal and combo me to finish me off, [Ive combod some mages 2-3 times and they still dont die because they heal before my powers regen] i might just suck at pvp, but dex do have the lower hand, if you dont one hit your opponent, you're going to die.

i would like to see better armor for dex

Bournelegacy
07-16-2011, 09:48 PM
I agree with what everyone is saying, need to have a 3 second invincible moment at the start of a match, and after a respawn. Then, it would make PVP a whole lot more fun if you gave us like 3000 health so it would be more strategic gameplay rather than a Mage coming up with a mana shield and whooping your a**! Don't get me wrong, every character is capable of some serious damage, but it is all about the skills, and it shouldn't be. We need to have a longer fight. From all of the updates, I know you are on top of things and making things better and different, so I won't complain, I'm just putting my suggestion out there.

MightyMicah
07-29-2011, 07:26 AM
So, I have mainly pvped at 50-55 so I'll just say what I think about that. Some people mentioned it was unbalanced, believe me its not. You can get good as literally any character. I've known several people mages, archers, and bears, who dominate. People also mentioned lag...YES! Lol lag is insane. If u could do something to help that. I generally ride at 400ping (and thats good) i agree with the person who was saying how kills shouldnt be counted for ctf and that everyone should be sent back to bace after each score. Hope this helps! Ciao

ghost.mw
10-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Most bears have no chance of winning in pvp

ThePvpTwink
10-12-2011, 07:34 PM
All characters have a good chance at winning in pvp. :D

Maybe add some new pvp maps? o.O

13lacklegionz
10-12-2011, 07:55 PM
After nuri was released, bears became much better at pvp in comparison with birds and mages (the str glyph gear is better than the int and dex glyph gear in comparison with the Sewers gear). However, there are not many bear pvpers, if there even are any, that can beat pro bird and mage pvpers at lvl 55-61. By pro, I mean REALLY pro.

This is because the pro bird and mage pvpers will kite against bears, as a bear is the only class that has melee skills. If beckon is dodged, the bird or mage would use root or freeze, or if that doesn't work, just stay out of his range (glyph auto-bow is the best kiting weapon). Int mages can't kite that well because their staff/wand doesn't have as far a range as an xbow.

Just my opinion. :)

ThePvpTwink
10-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Mages kite well with skills like drain and firestorm. True pro warbirds and mages can keep a bear out of range with frost or root...:D

13lacklegionz
10-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Mages kite well with skills like drain and firestorm. True pro warbirds and mages can keep a bear out of range with frost or root...:D

If only scream had a larger range... then the bears would have a huge advantage. Yay! :D

Phoenixking
10-14-2011, 10:36 PM
If only scream had a larger range... then the bears would have a huge advantage. Yay! :D�� actually your right :D it would be helpful, and not just in pvp but in pve as well

robert69
10-26-2011, 06:19 PM
My issue with pvp is not being able to see opponents health bar its pretty annoying and I think its something that should be added

STINKY
10-30-2011, 03:59 AM
I disagree how when you leave during combat you get a death, when I finish a fight and and I leave it says left during combat when I'm not fighting. So I think instead of getting a death can you guys make it that u can't leave while fighting?

Chickenrunnn
11-01-2011, 06:25 AM
Hey guys :)

There is an awful bug for birds :the famous root kill..
Indeed, when a bird uses root, it brakes the dodge.. Moreover it makes a little drain! And if the guy is killed because of that drain, the kill/death doesn't count ! 8(

I lost like 400 kills because of it.. Please fix it:)

Elitephonix
11-03-2011, 03:49 PM
I disagree how when you leave during combat you get a death, when I finish a fight and and I leave it says left during combat when I'm not fighting. So I think instead of getting a death can you guys make it that u can't leave while fighting?

Hmm All rushers leave right after they kill the Players so they have to make it fair

Elitephonix
11-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Hey guys :)

There is an awful bug for birds :the famous root kill..
Indeed, when a bird uses root, it brakes the dodge.. Moreover it makes a little drain! And if the guy is killed because of that drain, the kill/death doesn't count ! 8(

I lost like 400 kills because of it.. Please fix it:)

I think thats fixed now

Udiemorenoob
12-01-2011, 10:45 PM
If only scream had a larger range... then the bears would have a huge advantage. Yay! :D

Or you could... Put some points on evade/taunt and have a very good chance of them missing..:p

Protank
12-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Justg,

In light of the new vanity set bonuses

Can u plz release an elite qst to acquire these items?

Loaden
01-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Okay.. 3: srroezgang. Have some sportmanship. I won you fair and square dont call me lucky :)

Apostel
01-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Just wanted to mention one thing here : since the double-blast update, theL30-35 PvP became more balanced. It now possible to kill VoodooMages with a higher frequency as before. Thank you Pocket-Legends Team.

Chickenrunnn
02-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Hello ! something isn't exploited ! the Team message chat with /team ... could u please make a chat with another color (like green for guild) and we could see if it's a team message or not ? :)

Moreover, something would be wonderful : 3 teams in pvp.. like blue yellow and red would be awesome ^^..
Cya guys :)

Scottred
02-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Great IDEA!!!!

XghostzX
02-14-2012, 08:11 PM
Chickenrunn up there has a good idea^^. I also think there should be FFA with no teams, you just have to play solo.

Mothwing
02-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Hello ! something isn't exploited ! the Team message chat with /team ... could u please make a chat with another color (like green for guild) and we could see if it's a team message or not ? :)

Moreover, something would be wonderful : 3 teams in pvp.. like blue yellow and red would be awesome ^^..
Cya guys :)

Awesome idea, although it might be a little hard to type. Maybe a special icon that automatically brings up the /team command?

Also, rushers aren't fair, i think it might have been mentioned before but i think there needs to be some kind of respawn cooldown system.

PL_Keaton96
03-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Please add my twink pvp bear, lvl 17, named Twinkerton.... I will help you get better at lvl 10-17 twinking on him:congratulatory:

Swords
03-03-2012, 05:40 PM
:O lol

Advicatus
06-01-2012, 01:51 AM
Well idk of this is going to be ignored like our reports, but I'd like it if leaving in combat was only 5 seconds but 2-5 deaths. Cause people now just leave in combat cause there's no real consequence. Anyways, hope you actually read this.

Subscriber
06-02-2012, 02:01 AM
I went like 10-40 to Intheway, he's pretty good or I'm garbage. ^^

Paladinslaya
06-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Hmmm, I think we could have a ghost offect when we spawn after we die? (ghost affect is when we cant attack or die for any short amount of time) Because lvl 65-66 pvp with crafted sanguine longbow set spawners isn't fun especially with mages with only like 400 health. that or u could bop up all chars health by like 100. Thanks for feedback thread STS!

Jig
06-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Good idea, I see this in a lot of games, we need it the most in CTF when noobs try to spawn you.

cookiez
09-08-2012, 05:50 PM
DUDE!!! 3 team pvp=epic idea!!!

Anyways...

First I'd like to say I LOOOVVEEEEE pvp!!! Funnest thing in pl, but the same old game types.and maps are getting pretty boring so new game type/maps? Mayyyybbeee? Ty!!!

Puddleglumm
01-01-2013, 05:00 PM
in low level it slow ALOT whey u dont use fbow, but ya it is rly fast

Puddleglumm
01-01-2013, 05:04 PM
My issue with pvp is not being able to see opponents health bar its pretty annoying and I think its something that should be added

if it was added the number of rushers would go up because they see the easy kill

Caiahar
01-14-2013, 01:45 AM
Hmmm

Iamlvl
05-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Oooo! Oooo! Me! Me!

Thanks for calling on me lol ;) Give 5 seconds of invincibility to eliminate spawning... Also, patch the "Only being able to boot in one game" glitch, please. I like my haters non-present ;)

I-am-Fogue
05-22-2013, 05:34 PM
I think 5 seconds of invincability is a great idea would completely eliminate spawning also would kinda slow boosters down a bit... two very nasty birds with one very sharp stone if u catch my drift ;)

Sryyoulose
05-24-2013, 10:14 PM
Characters damage is not proportional to their armor at the current cap of L76

Iamlvl
05-27-2013, 12:55 PM
I think 5 seconds of invincability is a great idea would completely eliminate spawning also would kinda slow boosters down a bit... two very nasty birds with one very sharp stone if u catch my drift ;)

"i" is the only vowel in "invincibility".

This "DUH" moment is brought to you by Iamlvl and other participating players ;)

Reciprocal
07-17-2013, 08:46 PM
The letter Y acts as a vowel in 'Invincibilty'

Jig
07-19-2013, 11:01 AM
The letter Y acts as a vowel in 'Invincibilty'

And you just spelt it plain wrong to, Invincibility. Not "Invincibilty"

rhebel
07-27-2013, 06:37 PM
Hello,
Could you please add a gate in front of the spawningroom, that enemies can't come in our spawningroom and spawn us.
Map- Rockwall forts

quantionus
08-28-2013, 08:11 AM
PVP really sucks for birds now.Lots of birds gave up pvping its awful after those updates. Birds were not even dodging and now ...

ty

luazhi
09-24-2013, 04:42 PM
ok so from what ive experienced and seen. is there in an extreme level gap bracket in pvp, and this is in the worst way possible. Level 18s absolutley have no business entering into a level 10 arena. 20s and 22-23s have no business being in a level 15 arena, just shouldnt be possible, right now there is an extreme amount of people who primarily farm lower levels for good kill ratings, as well as get tired of being beat by there own levels and go crush low levels. this is not right, nor is it in anyway acceptable or equal fighting. no such thing as a fair fight i get that but there must be boundrys for such things, that is an extreme difference in: HP,DMG,ARMR AND SKILLS from level 10-18 or 15-22 as well as high level. how is that in anyway equally for a level 71 to have to face a level 76??? i like most ideas ive seen for other issues, this is the most important issue ive seen through out all levels. i hosted a level 45 arena and had a big issue keeping 55s out. i have thought about this issue for a while now and it seems to be pretty fair every 4 levels example: 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29 ect. until u get to 50. then it would seem as the way the game is played and gear ratios, weapons ratios ect. that it would have to be around every 5 levels to even make it fair. you would make it so only that level would be able to join. example: 50 arena, 55 arena, 60 arena, 65 arena, and finally 70 arena. from there it seems that for anyone to have a chance with out being blown away by 76s is to have it at every 2 levels. example: 71-73 and 74-76 . i have played pvp a lot and i used to love it but it has extremely gotten out of hand with people exploiting the game, this is gonna happen no matter what but there are things that can b done to relieve these effects of cheating. it might also be fun to see 2 seperate TYPES of arenas. FFA arenas, and teamed duel type set up the way u have it now. i realize this is probably gonna be a huge programming task. i understand, but it has extremely gotten out of hand. i thank you for your time and do appreciate everything you have fixed already with the fbow nef back and the 3 second spawn fix. i know your trying and i thank you p.s. another thought, it would be a little rash but maybe there needs to be posted rules for players that are ruining other players fun, just a thought. :)

Luazhi :cheerful:

unmercyful
10-10-2013, 12:27 AM
maybe a pvp with a loot system or a duel arena to make the game more intense and interesting.

Somenub
10-17-2013, 06:07 AM
Fox: stealth (unable to be detected)
mages: clone itself(1-2 copies)
birds: fly (increase speed by 100% 3sec)
bears: idk yet
rhinos: idk yet
please help me get these Abilitys to work it will be awesome

Pvpandctf
10-17-2013, 06:16 AM
5v5 in rockwall fort hehe :)

Somenub
10-17-2013, 06:22 AM
5v5 ctf smaller maps and mics and headsets to speak to people on team and new Abilitys like I posted before

Somenub
10-17-2013, 06:56 AM
Fox: "stealth" (unable to be detected)30sec cooldown last 10seconds can't cast in combat damage interrupts the effect

Mage: "clone" (1-2 copies)1min cooldown last 10second clones do 50% reduce damage and does everything u do and follows you

Bird: "fly" (increase speed by 100% 5sec also escapes movement imparting effects)20sec cooldown

Bear: "Whirlwind" (spins rapidly doing 75% weapon damage also breaks movement imparing effects)1min cooldown last 7seconds

Rhino: "Headbutt" (Does high damage)5second cooldown

Somenub
10-17-2013, 07:11 AM
Fox: "stealth" (unable to be detected) last 10 seconds 30second cooldown damage interrupts the effect

Mage: "clone" (1-2 clones having 100hp)1min cooldown last 10second clones do 50% reduce damage and does everything you do stand beside you and copy you

Bird: "fly" (increase speed by and dodge 100% 5sec also escapes movement imparting effects)20sec cooldown cannot be use while holding a flag cannot attack while flying

Bear: "Whirlwind" (spins rapidly doing 75% weapon damage also breaks movement imparing effects can not use any attack while whirlwind is taking place)30second cooldown last 3seconds

Rhino: "Head butt" (Stuns and Pierces through armor dealing high damage)5second cooldown

Pvpandctf
10-17-2013, 07:13 AM
Fox: "stealth" (unable to be detected)30sec cooldown last 10seconds can't cast in combat damage interrupts the effect

Mage: "clone" (1-2 copies)1min cooldown last 10second clones do 50% reduce damage and does everything u do and follows you

Bird: "fly" (increase speed by 100% 5sec also escapes movement imparting effects)20sec cooldown

Bear: "Whirlwind" (spins rapidly doing 75% weapon damage also breaks movement imparing effects)1min cooldown last 7seconds

Rhino: "Headbutt" (Does high damage)5second cooldown

Da bes! :)

Depury
01-06-2014, 05:31 PM
Well hai there,

Umm... the solution to your spawning problem is pretty obvious. Why don't you just make a wall that one team can pass through but not the other? To protect pvp from the narbs I know will use ranged weapons through the wall, make it so it can only be passed through on one side, not the other.

To sum things up, make a wall that protects the people in the spawn (maybe kinda holographic?). Make it so they can only pass through once and not go back through.

P.S. Dep is mos friendly mage evar. :banana:

Jig
01-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Lol yes that could fix it all .... We will see what sts thinks

Crashy
01-11-2014, 03:37 PM
Hey.
Can you his take a look at imxoriginal's thread on pvp balance.
Got some good stuff going on there.

Sheugokin
01-11-2014, 05:39 PM
Hopefully some of them will actually sympathize us. Hopefully. Pwerty Pwease.

ToastyLord
02-19-2014, 08:59 AM
I have a great idea :D they should add "free for all" as in every player for himself. It would make the game a lot more interesting and it would be very nice for the people who get bored of just CTF and Team Deathmatch. What do you guys think? :)

Jig
02-22-2014, 01:59 AM
Seen that suggestion many times colly, even myself suggested long ago.. dunno if they would it ... WHAT ABOUT TAG TEAM??!!

ToastyLord
02-24-2014, 12:34 PM
Why hasn't STS added what so many people want if they redeatedly ask for a "real FFA" game type? O_o

Oh and I was also thinking it would be pretty cool if they had a juggernaut game type, like 1v3-5 and that 1 player has insane buffs and whoever kills the juggernaut gets to BE the juggernaut.

Idk just an idea :)

Jig
02-24-2014, 08:27 PM
Why hasn't STS added what so many people want if they redeatedly ask for a "real FFA" game type? O_o

Oh and I was also thinking it would be pretty cool if they had a juggernaut game type, like 1v3-5 and that 1 player has insane buffs and whoever kills the juggernaut gets to BE the juggernaut.

Idk just an idea :)

Look at the biggest wanted thing right now, a new lvl cap, every single player is asking for it and are they releasing it? No, so there's a reason..

ToastyLord
02-25-2014, 08:44 AM
Look at the biggest wanted thing right now, a new lvl cap, every single player is asking for it and are they releasing it? No, so there's a reason..

Yeah i suppose :/ but why even have a official feedback thread if they're not even gonna listen to it O_o

Jig
02-26-2014, 03:19 AM
Hmmm read, they do, i dont know ask them not me

onaskaanidar
03-16-2014, 10:31 PM
What pl pvp needs is not new arenas, not new skills, not even characters not even more adjustments, JUST SOME ARENA EFFECT'S:) LIKE RAIN MUD LAVA FOG MIST POISON TRAPS HAZZARDS :) MAKE PVP FEEL MORE REAL, LIKE A OPEN WORLD :D more challenging!!

ToastyLord
03-17-2014, 09:56 AM
What pl pvp needs is not new arenas, not new skills, not even characters not even more adjustments, JUST SOME ARENA EFFECT'S:) LIKE RAIN MUD LAVA FOG MIST POISON TRAPS HAZZARDS :) MAKE PVP FEEL MORE REAL, LIKE A OPEN WORLD :D more challenging!!

Yeh that would be nice, like bigger maps with HILLS maybe. I defiantly think that would solve a lot more "pvp is boring" problems

Jig
03-17-2014, 09:55 PM
Takes money to make new maps, they could do that or make new maps for a new content expansion update.. Which would you think they would choose? What does PvP get them? Hmm not much, what would and expansion give them, plat spenders to buy platinum to level up and cap that new max level. I think maybe a little re-design but not too much I don't think could be done... Really it's up to the developers, like geez for most players even they want just a re-balance in sets up to 81, and a lvl cap.. This is asking a lot..

IwantHoloshield
03-18-2014, 09:36 PM
Ok so first of all bears are super overpowered...they buff/and combo usually your dead or 1/10 hp left...second if I spawn next to an enemy I die instantly, make an invulnerability for 3 seconds and it will be more fun (will also stop the spawning issue) third, rhino's restore needs to be nerfed because if I hit with drain and firestorm it gets them to 1/10 hp..but they restore and instantly regain it all back with about 5 more seconds to obliterate me with 100 hp regeneration

Wrestled
03-22-2014, 03:53 PM
I dont think they forgotten bows should have been nerfed :(

Hardcorexd
03-22-2014, 07:21 PM
Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Kanital
03-30-2014, 06:40 AM
nerf savage plz

Etarbitrev
03-31-2014, 06:28 PM
Hahaha kani

Jig
04-01-2014, 12:50 AM
nerf savage plz

plez

onaskaanidar
04-05-2014, 11:49 AM
there will be no nerf for savage, sts doesnt care about pl much now, like they said why even update a game where less than thousands play when they can keep updates on thier biggest game yet! (AL) if savage gets nerf thats losing more players, pl main lovabe characters are mages and birds, most mages use savage now for end game, plus even pve dragon slayer where most of us farming now require savage and its also where mostly mages are needed and what maes use??? SAVAGE! typically there wont be a savage nerf, there is no need, why ask for it? cause many birds are not skilled enough to take out a savage apponent, where i (fearinasking savage mage) come thru players that are skilled such as birds and even own me, its been many months since this caps has been out, almost a year, and im thinking its too late to ask for a savage nerf, just deal with what we have now, if you dont like it then play al where sts focusing on now and going by what players want there, :D

Bous
04-05-2014, 12:25 PM
there will be no nerf for savage, sts doesnt care about pl much now, like they said why even update a game where less than thousands play when they can keep updates on thier biggest game yet! (AL) if savage gets nerf thats losing more players, pl main lovabe characters are mages and birds, most mages use savage now for end game, plus even pve dragon slayer where most of us farming now require savage and its also where mostly mages are needed and what maes use??? SAVAGE! typically there wont be a savage nerf, there is no need, why ask for it? cause many birds are not skilled enough to take out a savage apponent, where i (fearinasking savage mage) come thru players that are skilled such as birds and even own me, its been many months since this caps has been out, almost a year, and im thinking its too late to ask for a savage nerf, just deal with what we have now, if you dont like it then play al where sts focusing on now and going by what players want there, :D
Says a pally. Savage is overpowered, a Mage with str can easily kill a Mage with int. Hence the cheap price tag for int sets. Mages and bears are str because it's the strongest set even some birds are going str because of its OPness. Mage should be int, birds should be dex, and bears should be str.

Waug
04-05-2014, 09:16 PM
^ though savage is not the main culprit but nerfing savage would fix the most in an easiest way..
Definitely mages who doing well only using savage would not like a nerf and would voice for it. If someone can kill 5 lvl higher player does not mean that higher lvl is not op-er than lower lvl and stupid peoples would say learn from this example, 'skilled peoples can kill higher lvl, so higher lvl isnot op...

onaskaanidar
04-05-2014, 11:04 PM
Bears with savage is worst than mage with savage, all snould know, specially how bears dodge can meet 80+ and you act as a pally needs fixing? @_@ nah its the bears, bears always op, pvp is dodge based and who can increase dodge by so much? BEARS!

onaskaanidar
04-05-2014, 11:13 PM
Really if birds had to be dex, mages int, bears str hmmmm sts why let us choose our stats and gear?:) like im sure this not first cap with str sets being best, if you know what set seems best fit for ur class then use it, if u want to be better at what you already doing then find a way to be better, if your complaing on whats op what sucks. Well let me tell you, there is never a pvp balance in any game, there is always a catch, a set that can over throw others, there will be begging for balance, like i said never a perfect alace in pvp, its obviously shown in every cap pvp within pl, when ur called nub for being opposit stat user of ur class its a symbol of how ur opponent wants a chance to over throw u in game, that's why i am saying sts doesn't need to balance, no matter what they do, players will cry for another balance and another, just deal with what you get!

Jig
04-05-2014, 11:18 PM
You obviously have no clue about PvP do you Onas.

onaskaanidar
04-06-2014, 06:53 PM
Hmmm see me in pvp, will show you what i know :)

Jig
04-07-2014, 04:39 AM
What, on your pally? Yeah k mate

Waug
04-07-2014, 07:20 AM
Bears with savage is worst than mage with savage, all snould know, specially how bears dodge can meet 80+ and you act as a pally needs fixing? @_@ nah its the bears, bears always op, pvp is dodge based and who can increase dodge by so much? BEARS!

Bears have the most dodge doesn't mean it makes bears op, but yes bears r op, they should have most dodge than other classed and always had cause they tanking class, problem is not that, they tanks let em tank but they shouldn't 2hit kill non str then, means sitting on 7-9 dodge among 10 hit , their dmg is op , same as mages

Look at your drain and fire dmg fully buffed as pure int, if u haven't seen it yet, wjen u go str and were sheild also, ur dmg is still enough to 2hit kill non-str whears the opponent have to go through a complete and decent combo to kill u,add heal, ms with that.

the difference is huge and I would say it worse than fighting 5lvl higher player in a relatavely banced situation.

angeldawn
04-07-2014, 08:00 AM
Jig and Waugh are correct.

Ppl need to understand the classes and the game before they make comments.

Really if birds had to be dex, mages int, bears str hmmmm sts why let us choose our stats and gear?:)

To create variety. At 56 cap if a
Mage chooses to use non class specific gear then you had no mana regen. To get the benefits of a non class specific set you had to lose something.

At this cap, if you were savage you get high hit, damage. dodge, health and armor ect. You don't really sacrifice anything. Mana regen isn't that big of an issue.

..... if you know what set seems best fit for ur class then use it, if u want to be better at what you already doing then find a way to be better, .......

You do realize using savage DOESNT make you better right? It makes you OP.

Saying you good as a pally just means you outlive others with you higher health, dodge and armor. Additionally, the scythe damage is higher than a wand. Which is completely OP since tanks are supposed to have high health, dodge and armor and little damage.

.......that's why i am saying sts doesn't need to balance, no matter what they do, players will cry for another balance and another, just deal with what you get!

Again you are incorrect. Savage isn't just a slight stat difference. It's grossly OP for what a tank is supposed to be. A tank shouldn't have high damage.

Pvp will never be perfectly balanced but it can get better. And first step it to nerf savage.

And if everyone who used savage quits like someone suggested, it proves they were never good to begin with. This proving even more of the set being OP

Jig
04-07-2014, 08:03 AM
Bears have the most dodge doesn't mean it makes bears op, but yes bears r op, they should have most dodge than other classed and always had cause they tanking class, problem is not that, they tanks let em tank but they shouldn't 2hit kill non str then, means sitting on 7-9 dodge among 10 hit , their dmg is op , same as mages

Look at your drain and fire dmg fully buffed as pure int, if u haven't seen it yet, wjen u go str and were sheild also, ur dmg is still enough to 2hit kill non-str whears the opponent have to go through a complete and decent combo to kill u,add heal, ms with that.

the difference is huge and I would say it worse than fighting 5lvl higher player in a relatavely banced situation.

Ha sorry I'm really sorry this is totally of but haha f me work on your english xD sorry I just keep smiling irl at every post of yours, keep it up xDD

Is it actually the device you type on that keeps doing silly little miss types or something? What device do you use Waug?

ToastyLord
04-07-2014, 08:11 AM
I feel like this is just gonna be an endless, pointless argument...Why care when nobody else is listening or caring?

Waug
04-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Ha sorry I'm really sorry this is totally of but haha f me work on your english xD sorry I just keep smiling irl at every post of yours, keep it up xDD

Is it actually the device you type on that keeps doing silly little miss types or something? What device do you use Waug?
My English is little bit better than what I type, and usually idc about the spelling usually, l leave some intentionally. But u know I appreciat any kinda gramaticle correction by anyone, from where I can learn more.

onaskaanidar
04-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Blah lol no Nerf commig just like no cap:) sucks huh

Jig
04-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Blah lol no Nerf commig just like no cap:) sucks huh

Oh really, and who said no Nerf is coming, and who said no cap is coming, stop posting fake rumours, your another one of those guys that just sit there and just because you don't get something for a extended amount of time, you think it's the end of the world.

Know one knows until a developer says so.

ToastyLord
04-08-2014, 02:29 PM
Oh really, and who said no Nerf is coming, and who said no cap is coming, stop posting fake rumours, your another one of those guys that just sit there and just because you don't get something for a extended amount of time, you think it's the end of the world.

Know one knows until a developer says so.

And they have said so...STS isn't making anymore updates for PL, why should they when they have AL to update?

I suggest stop whining about unbalanced pvp because they're not gonna listen and even if they did, you're just gonna want another nerf because its not balanced enough...theres always gonna be a problem about "unbalanced pvp"

I've played a lot of PvP games and there is always people complaining about it being unbalanced even if it's just SLIGHTLY unbalanced

angeldawn
04-08-2014, 07:17 PM
And they have said so...STS isn't making anymore updates for PL, why should they when they have AL to update?

I suggest stop whining about unbalanced pvp because they're not gonna listen and even if they did, you're just gonna want another nerf because its not balanced enough...theres always gonna be a problem about "unbalanced pvp"

I've played a lot of PvP games and there is always people complaining about it being unbalanced even if it's just SLIGHTLY unbalanced

You obviously don't read what the devs write on the forum.

XghostzX
04-08-2014, 07:20 PM

Colly, through 4 years of playing this game I think I have every right to say that this time of PL (end game at least) has been the most unbalanced... the last nerf we received was way too minimal.

ToastyLord
04-08-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm off this thread, its just gunna be an endless argument. I disagree with you but I'm not gonna waist time trying to prove my point. All I can say is there is always going to be complaining no matter how many nerf updates (it happens in all games, not just PL)

XghostzX
04-08-2014, 09:45 PM
I'm off this thread, its just gunna be an endless argument. I disagree with you but I'm not gonna waist time trying to prove my point. All I can say is there is always going to be complaining no matter how many nerf updates (it happens in all games, not just PL)

Ok, feel free to leave. Forums are only places for discussing your thoughts and bouncing back and forth between different ideas.

Go and try any other game and look for no complaining - ha good luck! A nerf in pvp PL will drastically lower the complaints. Trust me, this is by far the best community you'll ever play with... something that STS really appreciates as well.

Jig
04-09-2014, 08:03 AM

"Looks at date of join" oh a 2 month old player, right ok cya^^

Hey guess what, there is such a thing called balanced cap, it used to be called "Balefort Sewers" and you know what? Theres surprisingly another called Arcane Legends, the PvP over there they actually just about perfected the balance. So yeah...

Come in say trash then leave knowing your gonna get it thrown right back atchya ;)

Depury
05-21-2014, 03:31 PM
I'm actually in favor of an un-nerf. The last nerf was HUGE and altered the game dramatically. Almost too dramatically. Now, bird's underpowered, nobody can come up with a decent build, and bears (especially 56+) are parading around killing everyone because they weren't overnerfed like all of the other classes. If there were a vote right now, I'd have to go with the pre-fbow era or if that's not an option I'd vote for fbow era. This new pvp simply isn't fun. Please do the game a favor and don't nerf the bear, but un-nerf every class.

I am open to your CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and input.

~Depury

Boiled_35
05-26-2014, 02:59 PM
I'm actually in favor of an un-nerf. The last nerf was HUGE and altered the game dramatically. Almost too dramatically. Now, bird's underpowered, nobody can come up with a decent build, and bears (especially 56+) are parading around killing everyone because they weren't overnerfed like all of the other classes. If there were a vote right now, I'd have to go with the pre-fbow era or if that's not an option I'd vote for fbow era. This new pvp simply isn't fun. Please do the game a favor and don't nerf the bear, but un-nerf every class.

I am open to your CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and input.

~Depury

Amen, Amen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

igibig
05-29-2014, 01:50 AM

Jig
05-29-2014, 05:35 AM
The only thing cloud ruined was his reputation and his life... Sorry but wow whats with him.

Laar
05-29-2014, 09:34 AM
The only thing cloud ruined was his reputation and his life... Sorry but wow whats with him.
Lets not go off topic here.. after all this is the OFFICIAL PvP feedback thread. And my feedback = nerf pls

Hardcorexd
05-29-2014, 10:32 PM
You gotta nerf bird even more they now kill shat blast

Jig
05-30-2014, 03:35 AM
Lets not go off topic here.. after all this is the OFFICIAL PvP feedback thread. And my feedback = nerf pls

Yeah true because there is a lot of things to talk about and all. :)

Narb
05-31-2014, 07:36 PM
Cloud is love. Water is life. <3333

Laar
06-01-2014, 12:12 AM
Cloud is love. Water is life. <3333
Which came first, the cloud or the water?

bglir
09-06-2014, 11:57 PM
Colly, through 4 years of playing this game I think I have every right to say that this time of PL (end game at least) has been the most unbalanced... the last nerf we received was way too minimal.

May i add another, to me CTF is also ruined and dead after fox and rhino introduced, why? all they do is run and get flag and score and soon the game finished in a few minutes, it kills the fun of fighting to earn the flag, slowly you rarely find people play ctf and now only guild war will be the next only thing.

Impact
09-07-2014, 02:32 PM
May i add another, to me CTF is also ruined and dead after fox and rhino introduced, why? all they do is run and get flag and score and soon the game finished in a few minutes, it kills the fun of fighting to earn the flag, slowly you rarely find people play ctf and now only guild war will be the next only thing.

I agree in some ways, they should make it when your dashing TO someone its a 8 m dash for foxes and 12 m for rhino, but when not dashing at someone the range of leaps should be half.

Ssneakykills
10-28-2014, 04:07 AM
Balance pls

iRandom
10-29-2014, 08:42 PM
You gotta nerf bird even more they now kill shat blast

Bears kill beck stomp

Crys
11-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Bears kill beck stomp

Something worse happened!

RIP Cloudwater :(

Oculus
01-06-2015, 12:58 AM
I have to agree with dep, I think a nerf back would be the best option, either pre forg or forg era. I never play 35 anymore it's boring and all those guilds, moonity, amity, A B P all dead. Now it's all about int halloween and dodge.
The fbow era was great, pre forg even better. I'd have to say that's when I enjoyed pvp most. I would quit all other levels just for 35 again if that ever happened

iRandom
01-06-2015, 10:10 AM
I have to agree with dep, I think a nerf back would be the best option, either pre forg or forg era. I never play 35 anymore it's boring and all those guilds, moonity, amity, A B P all dead. Now it's all about int halloween and dodge.
The fbow era was great, pre forg even better. I'd have to say that's when I enjoyed pvp most. I would quit all other levels just for 35 again if that ever happened
*Dex Hallo players
Hallo generated a new set of skills to be the winner.
Players using voodoo have to "tank" instead of actually worrying about dodge and miss chances.
I have to say the forg era just wasn't that great. I absolutely detested the idea of using an fbow rather than an esb, but that's just my opinion.

Irishcow
01-12-2015, 04:22 PM
I liked Forg era a lot. But when voodoo pvp came it got boring cause everyone just keeps tanking. All of these new guild 35-45 are not that good like the once back then. I wish they would rework forg items so it could become useful again in 35-45 lvls.

iRandom
01-13-2015, 01:01 AM
I liked Forg era a lot. But when voodoo pvp came it got boring cause everyone just keeps tanking. All of these new guild 35-45 are not that good like the once back then. I wish they would rework forg items so it could become useful again in 35-45 lvls.

imo forg for 35 - 45 didnt take skill
all u needed was a nukey skill build and the ability to press drain ice fire

Rninjas
01-26-2015, 06:32 PM
Stoping the fosert manor glitch where when ppl join game they die instaley cuz ppl go through the wall and can go trogh tree and kill u

Paullh
12-11-2015, 11:53 PM
Enchantress needs to have mana shield nurfed or removed. It allows them to tank better than bears at level 80. This makes archers, foxes and rhinos useless in team and solo fights.

XghostzX
12-12-2015, 01:28 AM
Enchantress needs to have mana shield nurfed or removed. It allows them to tank better than bears at level 80. This makes archers, foxes and rhinos useless in team and solo fights.

Sorry dude, nobody ever really looks at this thread^

Dolloway
12-12-2015, 04:06 AM

The problem isn't mana shield. The problem is the stats on sets. More mana = better mana shield to absorb/protect against more dmg.

And talking about removing the skill of mana shield is fantasy. Mages have had the shield since forever and in past caps where sets (and skills) were actually balanced, mana shields were never a problem for any class.

Boiled_35
12-14-2015, 03:21 AM
Undo pvp rebalance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sagnos
03-15-2016, 12:47 PM
Yay finaly my 10th reply so i can make a treath so stuppid..