PDA

View Full Version : GCD in Blackstar?

wvhills
04-12-2011, 08:43 PM
I wonder if GCD will be a "feature" in Blackstar?

Arterra
04-12-2011, 08:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

oh sorry, i mean
http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/halolz-dot-com-teamfortress2-nope.avi-obama-poster.jpg

Lesrider
04-12-2011, 08:46 PM
I dunno, I mentioned it and my post was deleted. So I'm guessing they don't want us talking about it.

Lubh
04-12-2011, 08:56 PM
made me laugh, now people are going to start being frustrated at a game not yet released due to GCD

Major
04-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Hard to say but I wouldn't doubt it.... At this point anyways lol

wvhills
04-12-2011, 09:13 PM
I was just wondering because a guy told me in game that he heard GCD was implemented to make people quit PL and go to Blackstar. I don't believe it myself but if GCD isn't it blackstar it will make me wonder. Haha.

Lesrider
04-12-2011, 09:15 PM
I was just wondering because a guy told me in game that he heard GCD was implemented to make people quit PL and go to Blackstar. I don't believe it myself but if GCD isn't it blackstar it will make me wonder. Haha.

That makes no sense. Why would the devs do that? They make money off both games.
People say a lot of stupid things in game -- remember that.

As for GCD, it only makes sense that if they feel the need to implement it in one game, they would do so in the other as well.

wvhills
04-12-2011, 09:56 PM
yeah, it didn't make much sense to me either. But I bet they do make a lot more money off new players than they do on established players (i.e. buying inventory slots, auction slots, etc.).

Thade
04-12-2011, 11:07 PM
The rumors people start amaze me. As stated above, this rumor doesn't even make sense.

Hullukko
04-13-2011, 12:56 AM
I joked around about that yesterday in the pool party, but I said it as a conditional and as a joke, but I guess someone can pass it on as more than that and the third one gets to hear it as a fact. Weren't you there at that time thade? Or then it was before you guys rebooted the servers and mariah was there. And yes, it doesn't make any sense (but neither does gcd for that matters).

I don't think people often get to really "start rumors". They start by themselves when information is passed on incorrectly.

markus
04-13-2011, 10:32 AM
My guess would be it will be in b* but hopefully tweeked with better ratios to mobs and bosses so maybe it won't be so BAM! In your face horrible!

StompArtist
04-13-2011, 10:34 AM
The rumors people start amaze me. As stated above, this rumor doesn't even make sense.

It's all part of an anti-Squirrel ploy I tell ya! LOL

rocket
04-13-2011, 07:25 PM
From Chat earlier today.

13-04, 15:15 rocket:
So I assume B* will likewise have a GCD

13-04, 15:16 Cinco:
Blackstar will definitely have a global cool-down. It will probably have other skill-class cool-downs as well. Like all of your "Holographic" stuff may have a cool-down and all of your "Amp-Light" will have its own, etc.

Lesrider
04-13-2011, 07:27 PM
From Chat earlier today.

13-04, 15:15 rocket:
So I assume B* will likewise have a GCD

13-04, 15:16 Cinco:
Blackstar will definitely have a global cool-down. It will probably have other skill-class cool-downs as well. Like all of your "Holographic" stuff may have a cool-down and all of your "Amp-Light" will have its own, etc.

What does that even mean? Is he just messing with us?

markus
04-13-2011, 09:13 PM
At least they are upfront about it so we don't have to throw our money away by investing in this game. I wasn't getting to excited about this title cause I figured they would have gcd in it since theey were planing on adding it to pl. I don't see this being as big a hit as they would like it to be unless they found a way to integrate the gcd better into the game play then they did in pl,

SUPAPRODIGY
04-13-2011, 09:24 PM
i think it should because people havent play it yet so they will get used to it what ever it is spacetime studios will make the right decision no matter what.

rocket
04-13-2011, 09:36 PM
B* is being designed from the start with the GCD taken into consideration for overall game balance, so it should hopefully feel more seamless. Plus, there will be no "shock" of pre-GCD and post-GCD play as there was in PL.

You should at least give it a try before deciding against it.