PDA

View Full Version : We've done the unthinkable..

noneo
04-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Me and a team of awesome players, successfully cleared the Shadow Cave V map AFTER the GCD came out.

It only took me (I was host, and was there from the beginning till the end. Others came and went), and I'm not lying when I say this, 2.5 hours to complete!

I got a Trueshot Pink bow, and another player got another pink.

Unfortunately no uber-rare helm though :p

As long as it took, and as hard as the GCD made it, I REALLY enjoyed completing the map. It was such a great accomplishment to do, and the whole team (of total strangers besides Peckahead) celebrated together. Some serious bonding going on :p The GCD made this map an incredible challenge, and was extremely fun to do.

So keep up the good work everyone!!

Devs, were we the first team to clear that map after GCD?

Major
04-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Wow 2.5 hours. Think I'll stick to the sewers for now. I like the gcd personally. We just have to get used to it is all.

Junside
04-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Nice! I felt like rewarding you with some sort of imaginary value like pretzels, charm or chivalry, but alas, I do not hold such powahs

Sxybabrz
04-12-2011, 10:30 PM
I had a ball feather... Its all about timing ur skills right really. My dodge set helped alot too. Prob would of been alot faster if we had the right classes to finish with. 4 mages n myself to complete level??? Very nice indeed i must say :p

Draiinbamage
04-12-2011, 10:41 PM
I wish i had 2.5 hours to throw away, lol on one map.

braluk
04-12-2011, 11:16 PM
I completed Shadow Caves V with a good group of friends- all 55. It didn't take us 2.5 hours but it did take us a solid 15-20 minutes. Let me say that Shadow Witch, as difficult as she was before the patch, is impossible afterwards unless everyone pots. Given that there are two witches who can still one shot kill people who fully pot, odds are you'll need to pot at least twice. Without the ability to buff/debuff at the same time it is damn hard. You'll need at least one or two bears. Farming for the Vyx Helm is a complete waste of money.

LADYHADASSA
04-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Cheeers to you and your team sticking it out for 2.5 hours that is commitment not many have......

Diodge
04-13-2011, 12:08 AM
noneo , pec .. I joined in the last hour of this run.
It was fun. It was a new game in there with GCD. I sorta like the way the game plays now. It was a tab slower but that can be worked out.

I still hate that witch.. one shot with pot... I wish I could find more games with people level 50+. It gives me something to waste gold on. :P

noneo
04-13-2011, 12:20 AM
noneo , pec .. I joined in the last hour of this run.
It was fun. It was a new game in there with GCD. I sorta like the way the game plays now. It was a tab slower but that can be worked out.

I still hate that witch.. one shot with pot... I wish I could find more games with people level 50+. It gives me something to waste gold on. :P

Thanks for the help Diodge!

I really did enjoy the caves with the GCD, it was such a great challenge. I just hope they change the drop rate so it reflects the extended time to complete the cave.

I was shocked at that witch also. It was wiping our whole team, when we were ALL potted with damage/armor pots...

Mothwing
04-13-2011, 01:04 AM
yay! u are my first award-ee! i bestow upon u 50 mothballs for such an accomplishment!

bravemenrun
04-13-2011, 01:10 AM
Congrats, but I thought the whole design concept behind the game was to make it possible to pick up and play even if you only have a short time. I guess GCD is literally a game changer huh.