PDA

View Full Version : Archers and Mana

pbfreek
04-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Hey. I just started up an Archer and was wondering whether if Intellegence is an Attribute I should pay some attention to. Is mana at all a problem at times? I'm wondering how well I should balance out all my stuff.

Thanks.

Dizko
04-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Personal opinion -> Don't add int.

Archers are generally quite rich and accumulate money quickly from the fast killing. That means that mana potions are not that costly.
I haven't added int and I've never ran out of mana or money.

LODD2
04-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Honestly, you really shouldn't add any IMO. First off, you won't be spamming attacks such as Avian Scream or Thorns unless you are soloing, if you are in a party, all you will really be doing is using blast shot and focus. You can spam these as much as possible and run out of mana slowly, but thats what restore is for. at Level 1 for 10 mana it regens 30 mana, with +10 more mana for each level. If you want, you can put a couple of points it to it to make it 50, but I just left mine at 30 because Mana management by archers are real nice. If you are a dagger, you still only need to put a couple of points into restore.

Edit: Replace Restore with Meditation.
Restore is the healthing version of Meditation.

Disastrix
04-11-2010, 05:06 PM
i add points to all 3 stats in a specific order that i wont give out but i do add stats to all dexterity of course getting the most. But tbh i think all 3 stats need at least a few points added.