PDA

View Full Version : Bug skills

mesalin
05-27-2015, 02:51 PM
Who can tell me which skills are still bug? Ty

Madnex
05-27-2015, 03:21 PM
Who can tell me which skills are still bug? Ty
There's nothing major at the moment just don't use Shadow Storm Shot for anything and don't take the "Rising Death" upgrade on Shadow Piercer.

mesalin
05-27-2015, 03:23 PM
OK thanks:)

e5c4p3artist
06-04-2015, 02:15 PM
There's nothing major at the moment just don't use Shadow Storm Shot for anything and don't take the "Rising Death" upgrade on Shadow Piercer.

For someone new-ish to the Rogue class, can a little more explanation around the deficiencies of these two skills be given? I would agree that both are not worth it, and here is my reasoning why. I have tried both of them.

Shadow Storm Shot sure looked promising, on paper it reads like an equivalent skill to the Sorcerer's Fireball, which is one of the most popular and useful attack skills for that class. In fact, the damage is equivalent to Fireball, and while on the low side for a Rogue, you have to keep in mind that it is (supposed to be) damaging multiple targets at once. Therefore it may deal MORE damage than other skills, just spread out among many targets. That seems like it would be worth it to me if it truly hit 4-6 enemies like it says it will (4 base skill, 6 upgraded and charged). In practice, what I noticed though is that SSS, even when fully upgraded and when "charged" never seems to hit more than two targets no matter how close together enemies are standing! That's why I would recommend against it. Is this the "bug" that makes the skill not worth it? Or are there other reasons people have for not taking it?

For Rising Death, I just didn't notice it doing anything. I'm sure if I looked close enough I'd probably see some low red numbers coming out from my enemies head, but their health bar certainly doesn't seem to go down at all because of it. I'm thinking those red number would be VERY low.

Now, in the latest patch notes, it cryptically appears as though Rising Death may have gotten a buff (Shadow Piercer’s “Rising Death” initial impact damage is now on par with un-upgraded Shadow Piercer). I don't know if that is going to make it worth it or not, but I have posed that question in another post, so hopefully I will see some opinions on that.

mesalin
06-04-2015, 04:43 PM
Thank you
!

Madnex
06-04-2015, 11:11 PM
Shadow Storm Shot sure looked promising, on paper it reads like an equivalent skill to the Sorcerer's Fireball, which is one of the most popular and useful attack skills for that class. In fact, the damage is equivalent to Fireball, and while on the low side for a Rogue, you have to keep in mind that it is (supposed to be) damaging multiple targets at once. Therefore it may deal MORE damage than other skills, just spread out among many targets. That seems like it would be worth it to me if it truly hit 4-6 enemies like it says it will (4 base skill, 6 upgraded and charged). In practice, what I noticed though is that SSS, even when fully upgraded and when "charged" never seems to hit more than two targets no matter how close together enemies are standing! That's why I would recommend against it. Is this the "bug" that makes the skill not worth it? Or are there other reasons people have for not taking it?

For Rising Death, I just didn't notice it doing anything. I'm sure if I looked close enough I'd probably see some low red numbers coming out from my enemies head, but their health bar certainly doesn't seem to go down at all because of it. I'm thinking those red number would be VERY low.

Now, in the latest patch notes, it cryptically appears as though Rising Death may have gotten a buff (Shadow Piercer’s “Rising Death” initial impact damage is now on par with un-upgraded Shadow Piercer). I don't know if that is going to make it worth it or not, but I have posed that question in another post, so hopefully I will see some opinions on that.

SSS has been reported as bugged. It has horrible AoE but is also bugged (when charged hits 4 instead of 6). On Rising Death, it used to deal significantly more damage overall before the fix if you used the skill without the upgrade comparing to taking it. Even post-fix, it's barely any DPS increase but at least it's not bugged anymore.

Serancha
06-04-2015, 11:40 PM
If you ARE going to use SSS, make sure not to add both the damage and crit upgrades (the middle 2). You can add one of them, along with the increased range (the top one), but adding both the middle 2 messes up the "increase to hit 6 mobs" upgrade, so you only hit 4.

This skill is really useless for anything but tombs, and using it for tombs it costs you so much in mana potions that it's just not worth it.

You're better off just using daggers if you want to hit multiple mobs. At least you don't have to charge them and they don't suck your bank account dry.

mesalin
06-04-2015, 11:42 PM
Thanks for tips! :)