PDA

View Full Version : Possibility of improving graphic effect for iPad 2 ?

saberlam
04-12-2011, 11:04 PM
I got my iPad 2 and have played around some iPad 2 optimized title such as Real Racing 2 HD, Infinity Blade, Dungeon Defender. All of them has added Anti-aliasing which is a easy work to achieve.

Would Pocket Legends consider adding a Anti-aliasing function in the setting panel for iPad 2 ? Of coz, if adding better texture and effect, we all appreciate.

BTW, the GPU of iPad 2 is really awesome, all the games run much much smooth than before and even with better graphic.

Ellyidol
04-12-2011, 11:07 PM
iPad 2 here too, have to say I can't complain though.

The graphics are already really really good, the iPad 2 just makes it run really smooth.

Are you playing on HQ?

saberlam
04-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Yes, I am also playing HQ setting and it run holly smooth. But there is many rooms for graphic improvement, simply adding a anti-aliasing would make it much better.

BTW, I am not complaining. Just feel that the iPad 2 can do more complicated texture and effect.

Ellyidol
04-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Forgive my cluelessness, but anti-aliasing?

Didn't mean that you were complaining, just saying that I can't :)

Vallist
04-12-2011, 11:17 PM
I am so jealous when you say it run really smooth ..

Zeus
04-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Forgive my cluelessness, but anti-aliasing?

Didn't mean that you were complaining, just saying that I can't :)

Anti-Aliasing is rounding the pixelated jagged edges you see. With Anti-Aliasing, you will see a visually appealing curve instead of jagged boxes. Requires a good GPU to work well.

OmnipotenceZERO
04-13-2011, 01:45 AM
I played PL on a friend's Samsung galaxy phone, which ran very well but on my iPad it doesn't run so well... I've been used to this so it's cool; it's just that when there's like 4 guys including me in a dungeon and we all use our skills, it lags like crazy for a second or two. Fortunately this doesn't affect my gameplay but I just want to see the animations properly, like on the android phones. Any helps would be appreciated.
P.S. I was literally the first person who bought the iPad where I'm living... So I don't fancy buying a new iPad just for the sake of graphical improvement. I would just simply play Gran Turismo 5 or Killzone 3 with superb graphics on the PS3 :cool:

Ellyidol
04-13-2011, 01:48 AM
Anti-Aliasing is rounding the pixelated jagged edges you see. With Anti-Aliasing, you will see a visually appealing curve instead of jagged boxes. Requires a good GPU to work well.

Not like the iPhone 4 right?

Cause for the iPhone 4 case, I find the image too sharp at times. I love the iPad 2 now just because it runs really smooth.

If only I could have < 100 ping.. D:

saberlam
04-13-2011, 02:41 AM
Not like the iPhone 4 right?

Cause for the iPhone 4 case, I find the image too sharp at times. I love the iPad 2 now just because it runs really smooth.

If only I could have < 100 ping.. D:

It is completely different. iPhone 4 is using retina display which make Anti-aliasing useless or not practical. I just want the dev. to have a remastered version for iPad 2 just as what other fancy iPad 2 apps.

Ellyidol
04-13-2011, 02:43 AM
It is completely different. iPhone 4 is using retina display which make Anti-aliasing useless or not practical. I just want the dev. to have a remastered version for iPad 2 just as what other fancy iPad 2 apps.

I see, I understand :)

Thanks for explaining! Imagine how smooth it'd be..