PDA

View Full Version : Lock will no longer drop after expansion?

Abersit
05-27-2015, 04:16 PM
Hello everyone ,
I read a thread in the announcement section which stated that , locked grand crate of the watch will no longer drop after the expansion realeased ,

I've got a couple of specific announcements this month, all of which pertain to the upcoming expansion!

Grand Crates of the Watch will no longer be available once the expansion launches. We will be replacing the Grand Crates of the Watch with something new, more on that later!

I was wondering if locked will drop lvl 42- 46 items after the expansion released,
Any comment by any dev will be appreciated , i believe many Arlorians would also like to hear if locks will drop 41+items Thanks in advance

Ssneakykills
05-27-2015, 04:23 PM
I believe they will only drop the current items that contain and won't drop anything new such as L41+ items and actually this sounds like great news because this could be ( fingers cross ) a new chest which means something other than plat to open it

Arachnophobik
05-27-2015, 05:43 PM
Hmmm. Probably a new form of crates that can be opened with plat too. Or maybe opened with gold and plat o.o
Could also be a way to get people to do the new maps instead of the regular jarl/km3 lock farming

Fyrce
05-27-2015, 08:15 PM
There are actually lots of tombs anyone can still use to farm. Only Brack-Brack has changed. So far.

Bm4_le60
05-27-2015, 08:57 PM
I wonder if locks will increase in price once they are not able to drop.... Maybe something to buy when low and sell once they are extinct

Oursizes
05-27-2015, 08:59 PM
Sts discontinuing locked crates? They must be pretty determined to keep this game alive.

JohnnyHardcore
05-28-2015, 01:24 AM
I wonder if locks will increase in price once they are not able to drop.... Maybe something to buy when low and sell once they are extinct

Doubtful. More likely buy low and sell lower. All outdated gear, only really helpful for PvP twinks.

acewasabi
05-28-2015, 02:03 AM
i think it's good locks are going, i'm interested to see what they will be replaced with. hopefully something involving less of a gamble. and maybe can be opened with a tradeable key.

what i also want to know is, what will low lvls farm when locks are gone? if sts do introduce a key then that would be a good farmable item if it drops from bosses like locks do.

Fyrce
05-28-2015, 03:50 AM
Maybe everyone will be farming events. I think the item creation aspects of the events has been very successful, i.e. the Lovecraft Token Kits. There was plenty of farming during that event.

There can certainly be more farming and creation in other events.

TankingRogue
05-28-2015, 08:05 AM
I believe they will only drop the current items that contain and won't drop anything new such as L41+ items and actually this sounds like great news because this could be ( fingers cross ) a new chest which means something other than plat to open it

when lvl cap went from 36 to 41, lockeds drop gears for lvl41. it is also clearly stated in the description.

Devoleb
05-28-2015, 08:55 AM
I guess they wont drop lvl 41+... Sts replaces them, so that means they are making another new crate from which the new items drop. Maybe they will do the key thing which has been suggested in forums over and over, so you could farm keys to open the new chests and/or sell them. Its a very good way to help the economy back up and keep the farmers busy ;) if they do this, i guess the keys will only drop from special bosses such as the elite ones.
Lockeds will defenitly drop in price and wont contain new items, cause if they will do, sts wouldnt remove them out of the game ;)

TankingRogue
05-28-2015, 09:15 AM
As of now, only the devs now. Maybe they'll still give equipments based on your level. Maybe they won't. We can only just wait.

Ssneakykills
05-28-2015, 09:49 AM

when lvl cap went from 36 to 41, lockeds drop gears for lvl41. it is also clearly stated in the description.

As I said they are planning on discontinuing the locks this time so I doubt they will put 46 gear in

shothim1
05-28-2015, 09:55 AM
What are they gonna drop then I think lock crate are the best thing to open but if this one is better than locks I will be happy

Hoardseeker
05-28-2015, 11:21 AM
Seems they are increasing the Chance on Arcane or Mythic with Increased price of Plat