PDA

View Full Version : How to Separate Bandit King and Queen

noneo
04-12-2011, 11:49 PM
With multiple methods of testing, a team consisting of Myself, Echelong, Anichelith, Mitsu, and AttackElf, we found a way to separate the king and queen.

Have everyone stand outside of the room, then have one member walk into this spot:

(the spot where 3 of us are standing)
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_eA5DSw10JJY/TaUvssR54QI/AAAAAAAABT4/5FGf0-Rb57g/snap20110412_234914.jpg

You will gain the Queen's aggro, and she will follow you out.

Pretty simple :p

Also, there are other methods. Have a long range member fire at the queen (in turn gaining both aggros), when another DPS member runs in and attacks the king. They will take the king's aggro and keep the king in the room while the other 4 team members will kill the Queen outside of the room.

AttackElf also thought of having someone run into the room, gain both aggros, then bring to fire grate area and blast/split them apart far enough away so that only one retreats back to the room. In turn leaving one boss to kill.

Ellyidol
04-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Your method seems easiest, another exploit here? :P

I like the double bird aggro too, should be fairly easy.

Moogerfooger
04-12-2011, 11:51 PM
I got aggro on the Queen simply by using Focus and one Cruel Blast when they both ran out, and since I got her attention immediately, they never did that crazy beckon combo they do. Kited her back into the room while the others popped the King. I burned some pots but was pretty simple.

noneo
04-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Nice work.

The first method (with the picture) is the best one we found. It allows all 5 players to kill the Queen at the same time, then move onto the King. That way no one has to "Sacrifice" themselves and tie up one of the bosses.

Necrobane
04-13-2011, 12:03 AM
I found that getting a bird to single target attack the king when after the bear has taunted them. The archer kites the kind around the room, while the others kill outside like before. Works well.

MITSUISUN
04-13-2011, 12:10 AM
On double bird agro, on earlier runs with Anichelith(neko), Ikungfubird(JayB), Gnrz(Echelong), Darkphoenix, Mitsuisun. 3 birds 2 pally.

We tried kite in hall way, kite in room with King, it's way more efficient for hp pot vs kiting queen ( we tried kite Queen in room too, Echelong did)

So for 2 bird/person agro kite, it's best to kite king in the room. I damaged pot with RR Autobow, one of the run I had King at 10% single handedly by the time rest finished Queen outside. If I timed my skills better, I would have soloed it. So I think Phys / Moog / Parth and other elite birds, they can solo it better than I can heh. I didnt need to use HP pot if just couple, just need use mana pot. I repulse when I get beckoned or in danger / close etc.

When I kited King in hall way while rest inside killing queen, I had SK leather+bow+Customized Crown. (didnt use full SK cuz I like stats better with dex crown)
Still got it to 50%, without damage pot, and cuz of good HS/MS regen, in close combat / less range space / kite space, I only needed to use 8 HP potion.

More fun.

Regardless of what this update does to people, there is always another way, or 2, or a couple :p

Riccits
04-13-2011, 01:04 AM
nice noneo! i will try today! tyvm! :)

Doubletime
04-13-2011, 06:53 AM
I got aggro on the Queen simply by using Focus and one Cruel Blast when they both ran out, and since I got her attention immediately, they never did that crazy beckon combo they do. Kited her back into the room while the others popped the King. I burned some pots but was pretty simple.

Yeah, last night I think we made a tactical mistake by having you aggro the Queen and kite in the room while the other 4 dealt with the king in the hall. It has actually been bothering since last night when you said how many health pots you burned. It was easy for me to aggro both with my pally and lead them into the hallway and for your bird to take aggro back from one to lead them back into room for kiting.

We just should have had you kite the king instead. After talking a little with Mits, I realized that the Queen's spell attack is pretty much non-stop damage even when kiting. With the king, he can be kited with an autobow for max distance and you only have to avoid melee attacks.

However, I am liking the new glitch. Good job guys in finding it so fast.

Wushu
04-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Nice job on finding (and sharing) the different ways to split them up again.

Moogerfooger
04-13-2011, 09:41 AM
DT,

Yeah our way worked pretty well, but after reading Mitsui's post his idea of kiting the King is way smarter. It should be about as easy to pull off to get the aggro, I just randomly chose the Queen because I figured I could handle it and let you guys take the King without the hassle of her AoE. I roll with over a thousand HP pots so no biggie and it was my own damn fault for choosing her :) but upon further review, if the kite method is used, Mitsui's way is best I think :D

Echelong
04-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Kiting the queen i snot the best idea lol. I used at least 30+(I am been conservative here At points I had to spam pots just to keep myself alive) health pots while the team tried to kill the king. She is unkitable because of the range. Moog I feel your pain by the time the group killed the king I was yelling please take her off me.

Without the exploit we found, the easiest was for one player to aggro by standing in the entrance and the queen always aggro first now; then the other archer can use repulse to push the king back and start kiting him.

Standing in the front of the entrance its the easiest but still takes a long time without pots killing her.

Weagledan
04-13-2011, 10:08 AM

Yea this worked well, but what'd you say you used Mooger something like 80 pots?

utaca
04-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Easy way is to go to the left and wave at start of spawn room she will come.

JaytB
04-13-2011, 10:38 AM
@ech and mits

Yesterday was one of the most fun days playing in a long time. For both dark and me :)

You guys really rock! And mits... You're just a brilliant strategist IMO. Always enjoy running with you guys :)

Ayrilana
04-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Kiting the queen i snot the best idea lol. I used at least 30+(I am been conservative here At points I had to spam pots just to keep myself alive) health pots while the team tried to kill the king. She is unkitable because of the range. Moog I feel your pain by the time the group killed the king I was yelling please take her off me.

Without the exploit we found, the easiest was for one player to aggro by standing in the entrance and the queen always aggro first now; then the other archer can use repulse to push the king back and start kiting him.

Standing in the front of the entrance its the easiest but still takes a long time without pots killing her.

Did they change her damage output with the last update? I don't recall her ever dealing enough damage that I couldn't just heal. If you're holding aggro while the others kill king, the only skill you really need to use is heal and maybe BOV. Attack skills are pointless since you'd never out-damage her heals.

Moogerfooger
04-13-2011, 11:24 AM

Didn't I just say that kiting the queen wasn't the best idea, as far as burning health pots? Yeah, I am pretty sure I did.

Yeah, I had no problem staying alive, and I didn't have to spam pots and never was close to dying, but I did consistently have to tap one every few seconds and it took longer to kill the King than I was expecting (was my first time post-patch) and wasn't sure how GCD would affect how long it would take to kill him, and the party was pretty good (others were DT and Weagledan and a coupla other randoms). Had I known that, mighta gone Mits' idea of kiting King first and let rest of party deal with Queen out in the hall.

Ayrilana, I don't know if they tweaked her damage, but with my low-dodge 97 armor bird setup I had on, I was able to withstand her AoE attacks fairly easily with the health pots...steady, never taking huge hits it seems, but ti was consistently damaging. I'd say one health pot every 3-5 seconds or so, but I always over-pot to be safe and my health never got below 1/2 :)

I did use 80, but it was because King took longer than we are used to, and I try to keep my health always over 2/3 to avoid random huge crit hits. I probably would have used 30-50 kinda like Echelong mentioned, if I was trying to save on them.

Echelong
04-13-2011, 11:38 AM
I had RR set and crit/damage ring so my armor was 83 only. Maybe that's why but sometimes she would crit me and I had to spam some pots, plus I had 5-7 dodge only so she hardly missed unless I used evade. I don't think she is doing more damage than she used to but mages have mana shield and heals plus the BoV and drain.

neko
04-13-2011, 01:49 PM

utaca,

I'm going to try that later tonight. I think we're all looking for a method to pull aggro from either the Queen or King that doesn't require a specific class/equipment configuration. If anyone else gets a chance before I do to please post their results of this method?

It's almost as if the devs simply increased the K&Q's aggro radius.

noneo,

It's very kind of you to post our findings so quickly! Many thanks!

Physiologic
04-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Now that the devs mentioned that having only one aggro is indeed an exploit they'll probably end up patching it again so that the King and Queen are essentially on top of each other when you meet them in the boss room :D

neko
04-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Now that the devs mentioned that having only one aggro is indeed an exploit they'll probably end up patching it again so that the King and Queen are essentially on top of each other when you meet them in the boss room :D

Devs read this?! *jaw dropped*

:D

Echelong
04-13-2011, 02:13 PM

Its very easy to separate them without the exploit if you have an archer. The archer needs to target King and another players gets aggro and hits only using auto attack, then the archer hits king with repulse and kite him.

JaytB
04-13-2011, 02:20 PM
I did several runs in random PUG's m, and several times someone pulled the queen out first by using a simple emote. Didn't get to see it 100% properly and they all left without caring to say how they did it.

My guess is there's another very simple exploit.

noneo
04-13-2011, 02:27 PM
...King and Queen are essentially on top of each other when you meet them in the boss room :D

In a kids game!!??

I say..

Ayrilana
04-13-2011, 02:32 PM
I did several runs in random PUG's m, and several times someone pulled the queen out first by using a simple emote. Didn't get to see it 100% properly and they all left without caring to say how they did it.

Probably blew her a kiss

Physiologic
04-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Its very easy to separate them without the exploit if you have an archer. The archer needs to target King and another players gets aggro and hits only using auto attack, then the archer hits king with repulse and kite him.

I'm sure those methods are just as easy, I believe you :) - I'm just saying that the so-called exploit still exists and the only way the devs can remedy it is if they place the King and Queen on top of each other.

And no...not in that way...

MITSUISUN
04-13-2011, 02:38 PM

That is very okay IMO. We can always use a workout to make this game fun, I mean, fun is why I play. Just like 1st day of BS i ran with Phys and he said no, let's destroy all the bins first and we will see what he means. Boy did my mind opened up on so many things since I been running with so many brilliant players, u guys know who u all are and i am so fortunate to know u guys as friend.

I will say it again.
there is always a way :)

Echelong
04-13-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm sure those methods are just as easy, I believe you :) - I'm just saying that the so-called exploit still exists and the only way the devs can remedy it is if they place the King and Queen on top of each other.

And no...not in that way...

Lol had to re-read the post to understand it. Yeah probably they will patch it.

Snakespeare
04-13-2011, 02:51 PM
Phys, are you saying that we can still pull just one? I didn't try K&Q yet, just some Hideout runs before I switched to my twinks and went soloing. So this whole business about not being able to pull one or the other is a mistake? Someone thought the devs "fixed" the "exploit", but they are still just as separable as they have always been? We can still do what range's video showed us all how to do?

drewcapu
04-13-2011, 02:56 PM

If you fart in their general direction, I'm sure you'll get their attention!

Echelong
04-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Phys, are you saying that we can still pull just one? I didn't try K&Q yet, just some Hideout runs before I switched to my twinks and went soloing. So this whole business about not being able to pull one or the other is a mistake? Someone thought the devs "fixed" the "exploit", but they are still just as separable as they have always been? We can still do what range's video showed us all how to do?

It can be done just not in the same way. If you step into the room you will aggro both, so you'll need to aggro them from the entrance, no need for attacks or emotes just step bit by bit till she yells.

JaytB
04-13-2011, 03:00 PM
It can be done just not in the same way. If you step into the room you will aggro both, so you'll need to aggro them from the entrance, no need for attacks or emotes just step bit by bit till she yells.

Ow! Interesting... Going to try this very soon :)

Riccits
04-14-2011, 03:13 AM

works perfect! TY! :)

Ellyidol
04-14-2011, 03:14 AM
Poor King can't seem to hold on to his Queen..

Ayrilana
04-14-2011, 09:12 PM
You can pull king separately pretty easily. I was able to do it several times without much effort. It's not worth it though unless you really want to kill him first and/or want the entire room to go all out on the queen.

All you do is use a speed pot and aggro the queen by standing just a little into the room. You don't need to do emotes or anything like that. When she follows you, run past the grate and wait until she resets. When she does, hurry and run back to the room and within aggro range on the king. Do NOT attack him or you'll just end up having the queen follow. Pull back out of the room before the queen hits her spawn point. If done successfully, the king will follow you shortly.

Riccits
04-15-2011, 01:32 AM
fart her in face and she will come...

Ayrilana
04-16-2011, 07:33 PM
It's also possible to pull the king without doing what I said above. I'm not quite sure how I managed it but I was in a similar spot to pull the queen.

MITSUISUN
04-21-2011, 02:57 PM
It's also possible to pull the king without doing what I said above. I'm not quite sure how I managed it but I was in a similar spot to pull the queen.

From the entrance, creep left little by little near fire poll/wall, u get queen agro

From the entrance, creep right little by little along the wall, u get king agro - so far that's how I've done it when I want queen or king first.

of course when I do noob it and gets 2, i switch target right away to single King so he agros on me, no damage to Queen, so it's easier for my group to damage her and pull/agro queen in hall, while I kite King solo inside.

Or the other way around; and I get some alone time with the queen in the room :p

Yoshura
04-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Why post these exploits to everyone. This will be patched just like the last one and then there will be no way to seperate them. Its like figuring out a loophole in the IRS granting people more money. You wouldn't go around telling other tax companies your secret that gets you're customers more money. Just like everything else, something many people enjoy that isn't exactly "legal" you have these people who go on the web/youtube telling everyone about it and the next thing you know its banned and all over the news. Let people figure some stuff out on their own, no reason to candy feed people who can not figure this out on their own. Edit: Sorry if I offend anyone this is just my opinion and I imagine I'm not the only one who feels this way.

MITSUISUN
04-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Edit: Sorry if I offend anyone this is just my opinion and I imagine I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Nah, it's all good, me not offended at all.

Personally I don’t have a problem sharing any info. After all, sooner than later no matter what, in game or forums, everything is gonna come out. Having an extra day or two, or weeks advantages prior to the rest of player figuring stuff out doesn’t matter to me <personally>.

For this particular instance on K/Q, I wouldn’t call single pull an exploit. ( I would call overlord wall 1person agro an exploit, or cave witch 1 person wall agro as well. Not sure if they been fixed yet )

Devs designed the room and aggro range. Roach has bins, gob has totem, fever has chest, heep has vent. K/Q has a big room for us to play anyway we want / utilize surrounding etc. Hell, devs even gave us orbs near hall to time / use on the K/Q.

If something on forums helps everyone’s in-game experience, that’s good and I rather see whole community move forward as a whole than someone else not “in-the-knows”

I’ve been single pulling K/Q since day1 of BS; single pull or not, destroy Roach pins or not, anything is doable.

If one day dev decides to patch/nerf another map or certain boss, I am already prepared for it and have counter-strategy lined up.

But if they add more fire traps, gas vent or bombs, that’s a different story. My only strategy is to group with 4 mages :p (and I still die)

Mr.Wallace
04-21-2011, 05:02 PM
... My only strategy is to group with 4 mages :p (and I still die) ...
Lies! Everyone knows you can't die in a group with four mages, unless Keeper steal their shields... ;-) jk

Yoshura
04-21-2011, 05:10 PM
I get what you mean though it will eventually come out but spreading it on forums kind of seals the deal, atleast we know the devs actually read and care about what we say lol.