PDA

View Full Version : mages and scorns aa

acewasabi
05-27-2015, 07:20 PM
why?? esp. when there is no tank and my averagely geared rogue is suddenly 20% less armor = death. or am i being unreasonable? lol just that i seen a lot of scorn users lately.

Red Dress
05-27-2015, 07:40 PM
You are not being unreasonable.

The debuff from scorn's AA is not worth the buff, in my opinion.

An average geared rogue with no pet has around 450 damage and 1.3k armour. Using scorn is adding around 90 damage and taking away almost 300 armour. Also, because damage % does not stack, the 20% "increase" in damage is only adding (20 - (pet damage))%. The damage increase would be non-existent if you are using a damage elixir.

If you see someone using scorn where you know you cannot survive with it's aa active, you can ask politely for the scorn user to swap pets.

Alhuntrazeck
05-27-2015, 10:03 PM
Scorn was an effective tradeoff pet waaay back when Tindirin began. Then STS added shadowlurk, which adds 20% crit more than scorn on its AA and does not have a debuff (and also adds 20% damage).

So yes its pretty useless now and as armor increases scorn will increasingly be a bullet in the leg. Next season rogues with 2k armor :o

carmine_blade
05-28-2015, 12:49 AM
I feel ya. If it's a hard map and someone is using Scorn, I usually just leave. It's up there with people asking for mana/heal in annoyance factor.

acewasabi
05-28-2015, 02:06 AM
glad i'm not the only one who thinks this! i havent had good experiences asking people to do or not do things in maps (i am always polite) usu. get ignored or abused haha.

MissVy
07-08-2015, 12:16 AM
Was researching a way to avoid scorn's AA debuff which is annoying btw!!! Did some experiment with a friend who has scorn while I use Nilbog. Nilbog's AA is to remove all debuff while in the green pool. And this happened...

IT DIDNT WORK :(

acewasabi
07-08-2015, 12:20 AM
hi i'm from nz too :) kia ora cuz!

Arcael
07-08-2015, 05:40 AM
Yeah. I use scorn only around bosses...in tombs or when a mob group strikes, everybody dies like hell...A scorn user managed to get 2 bulwark tanks dead once I have seen lol

bedmaster
07-09-2015, 04:57 AM
That scorn is a must-have pet for blockers xD if ur guildies cant kill enemies tell ur blocker to activate scorn aa and go finish the dps.