PDA

View Full Version : I got muted for saying paki

blaze5786
05-28-2015, 04:00 AM
Any other weird words muteable offence

Kyle Holmes
05-28-2015, 04:16 AM
Paki is short for Pakistani but people use it as racism.
When guild members type my name but put kyke instead it mutes them. I have asked someone to look into this and change this word to be **** out or people could end up getting perm banned for a simple mistake which is understandable because the letters are next to each other

sent from fritters beak

Squeezable
05-28-2015, 04:25 AM
I think it's disrespectful the word gay is banned to be honest, although I don't think it was STS' intention for it to come across this way.

If I a player is using this pathetic insult to someone, they should just be banned for it due to discrimination. Not have the entire AL population refrained from using it. Only noticed because I was telling an in-game mate I was gay, and got muted! Lmao

Madjid Haddaoui
05-28-2015, 04:27 AM
And what about "Douche" what does it means ; i am french and when i say to people that i am going to take a "Shower"(douche in french) i am muted ^^

Kyle Holmes
05-28-2015, 04:37 AM
Well if douche is a mutable offence then sts needs to sort their heads right out. Was the person that created the muting a 5 year old or just easily offended

sent from fritters beak

Ssneakykills
05-28-2015, 04:47 AM
The majority of people who use these words don't use them in the right context which I can see why they are banned.

You can use many alternatives to these words anyway so I don't see what the big fuss about unless you get banned for saying something like what Kyle said about his name then things like that need revising

Rome
05-28-2015, 05:18 AM
i got muted for saying shower :P douche actually means shower in Dutch ( the netherlands)

nevercan
05-28-2015, 05:55 AM
i got muted for saying shower :P douche actually means shower in Dutch ( the netherlands)
Since when is douche muted word? I never use it (why woud i it nowans bisnes when i take a shower) but lol

merch_master
05-28-2015, 07:27 AM
If gay is muted, thats immensely wrong. Yes its used as a profanity, but it has another major meaning and profanity taking preferance over it is just plainly insulting to people.....if people use it as a profanity and others are actually offended by it, then they are just narrow-minded and shouldnt be bothered with

Handshandy
05-28-2015, 07:39 AM
best thread ever!!! how long before it gets shut down OR people start saying the inappropriate words they can use in chat that don't result in a mute!! lolz

xnorwayx
05-28-2015, 08:35 AM
Paki means heal packs on my language -_-"

mesalin
05-28-2015, 08:39 AM
I said also paki and i got muted zzz

Cursebaby
05-28-2015, 08:47 AM
I got muted for saying a word that doesnt exist.-.

cami
05-28-2015, 10:11 AM
I always got muted when I said dike for say dime what mean say me or chapulin colorado a spanish hero

Zylx
05-28-2015, 10:24 AM
I'm sick of the censorship when you are not even trying to spell whatever is being censored.

Like "I'm going to go get it"
Turns into "I'm going to go ge* **"

Justg
05-28-2015, 10:27 AM
It is remarkably difficult to have a chat filter that covers everything. Additionally, some people will go to great lengths to be mean to others.

Rest assured that we have your best interests in mind. I know it is not perfect, but it is the best we have.

Gonna close this one up now.

*click*