PDA

View Full Version : Bird specs

Mkcecil
04-13-2011, 01:01 AM
I'm looking for what could be the best leveling spec since I want to try out the bird haven't been on in awhile and wanted to try out the bird since I was a enchantress for a long time... Is pure Dex a good soloing or leveling build? If not whats good for a bird to put points into for leveling? And what are the main skills that I should max out ASAP? I have been looking around the forums but nothing came up for pur Dex bird so could I get some advice from the pros please :) any help is greatly appreciated!

EpuYue
04-13-2011, 02:09 AM
You can probably get a general idea from Physiologic's guide here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16244-Comprehensive-Archer-Skills-and-Equipment-Guide&highlight=guide).

I can't say I'm a pro but IMO a bird is never the best choice at soloing a map (not that you can't do it, just need to pot alot), simply because a bird is not as good with AOE compared to mages, and has low armor (for pure dex birds). I suggest you put all points in dex for now (before the issue with GCD is settled) and the main skills you should max as soon as possible are your main combo skills shattering scream and blast shot, buff/debuff skills, and thorn wall (you don't have to max this though) for the nature strike combo with mages.

adwin
04-13-2011, 08:43 AM
I will have to disagree. I solo all the maps (except for bosses, depending on gear).
If you want to avoid extensive potting, just use a tanker/melee pot and you're set.

No AoE? Do a thorn wall, round them all with a shatter scream and blast away merrily with the combo. It's a 1 combo-kill for each group of mob.

Junside
04-13-2011, 08:45 AM
Pure Dex is best even if you do solo, just don't get yourself cornered while trying to kite too many enemies at once. Although, for bosses and mini bosses, you may need to spend a little more than a mage or bear.

EpuYue
04-13-2011, 07:38 PM
I will have to disagree. I solo all the maps (except for bosses, depending on gear).
If you want to avoid extensive potting, just use a tanker/melee pot and you're set.

No AoE? Do a thorn wall, round them all with a shatter scream and blast away merrily with the combo. It's a 1 combo-kill for each group of mob.

Well firstly I didn't say a bird can't solo. I did mention more potting is required. Neither did I say bird has no AOE, just that a mage has better AOE range. Personally if I want to solo a map I would prefer to use a mage. That's all. Please don't misunderstand, this is just personal preference. How anyone wants to play is still up to the individual.

Physiologic
04-13-2011, 10:20 PM
Soloing a higher campaign map is now damn near impossible if you want to finish reasonably fast.

Raulur
04-14-2011, 03:39 AM
Yeah, soloing is pretty rough now unless you jump down way under your level.

As far as stats go, I prefer the 11 points in int for the 1 m/s, then the rest dex. Even then you are still going to be doing more damage than most of the others around you.