PDA

View Full Version : gcd killed pvp maybe

Fatpigwarrior
04-13-2011, 01:48 AM
i think pvp wont be as good anymore..
i havent expierenced the update(it stfed my ipod)

Ellyidol
04-13-2011, 01:49 AM
It's awesome, you have to try it.

It's different, new, but in a good way.

WILLIAM cmy
04-13-2011, 02:27 AM
not for PvE though... :(:(
STS should remove GCD in all PvE areas. Or add in some compensation like: increase skills' DMG, prolong pot's effective time or boost the effects, lower pot's cost, etc.

Ellyidol
04-13-2011, 02:31 AM
not for PvE though... :(:(
STS should remove GCD in all PvE areas. Or add in some compensation like: increase skills' DMG, prolong pot's effective time or boost the effects, lower pot's cost, etc.

It's not THAT bad.

Solo was definitely affected, much slower.

Still as fast if you're in a good group though.

Mikeylito
04-13-2011, 07:48 AM
Pvp isnt awesome now are you kidding me? Its slow and overcrowded with mages now.

Samhayne
04-13-2011, 07:53 AM
Change is never easy, but progress is worth it! The team is listening, watching, playing and planning. What specifically don't you like, or what specifically do you like now in PvP?

Alldaykid
04-13-2011, 07:58 AM
I like how people cant get kills by mashing their ipod screen....

joeychandler
04-13-2011, 08:03 AM
Change is never easy, but progress is worth it! The team is listening, watching, playing and planning. What specifically don't you like, or what specifically do you like now in PvP?

I like that you need to think more about what skills you use, and what order you use them in

Ellyidol
04-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Like:

Classes are actually needed to do what they are needed to do: birds damage from range, mages support and damage from range, bears tank.

More emphasis on strategy and timing rather than whoever can tap the fastest.

Everyone is on level ground, no device advantages/disadvantages.

Dislikes:

People blame GCD when they die, yet praise themselves or insult you when you die.

Christina
04-13-2011, 11:57 AM

Samhayne, is alright to hav cooldown but if the cooldown timing could reduce to 0.2 sec or 0.5 sec will be good.. I think 1sec of cooldown is way too slow.. I almost fall aslp while pvping lol..

xyoz
04-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Pvp isnt awesome now are you kidding me? Its slow and overcrowded with mages now.
i agree completely with kell, pvp used to be about speed, technique, and distances, now all it seems is who can do the most dmg quicker

KingFu
04-13-2011, 12:52 PM
pvp used to be about speed

now all it seems is who can do the most dmg quicker

Confusing me here:p

smokester
04-13-2011, 12:56 PM
pvp is so much better, more intriguing and more interesting.... because its not about who can mash buttons the quickest which even a five year old can do lmao

Phoenixking
04-13-2011, 04:10 PM
pvp is so much better, more intriguing and more interesting.... because its not about who can mash buttons the quickest which even a five year old can do lmao
Its never been about that its been about tje combo and speed!!!! The reason i dislike gcd samhayne is restriction and distracting i got to wait to check if my time is ready And then i die that instant so i prefer no gcd

Sigkill
04-13-2011, 05:03 PM
I seem to do well with GCD, weirdly enough

xyoz
04-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Confusing me here:p

hahaha yeah that kinda came out wrong i meant it was alot of reflex to time everything right and hit the buttons at lightning pace, now its just DPS that counts.

Knazen
04-22-2011, 03:26 PM
I do well to I learned the system but still to slow combo should be fast ad it was now it's more about dodge n running pvp is more lame IMO skills stuck that's annoying just a little faster skills then it's ok for all chars like I said before.. Gcd should stay just faster combos now it's slow n boring I wasn't great at start but I learned n did very good :) // hmmhmm

Knazen
04-25-2011, 05:54 AM
Ur right pvp is dead no one hosting gamea anymore n ppl chat o 1v1 in there pvp is dead :(

aYePro
04-25-2011, 06:00 AM
i think its okay now...just change ur playstyle

kobebean
04-25-2011, 07:00 AM

Perhaps buffs could be a bit longer? Or weapon damage a little higher and spell damage a little lower?

F1zzzzp0p
04-25-2011, 07:10 PM
I think it was a great update because usually birds would I'll me in one second but now it's
Really strategic and I can finally kill birds.. I'm not happy because I can kill birds finally lol
Overall ppl can get used to it. Most of the ppl who complain are birds cuz they get many disadvantages
Thx

Knazen
04-26-2011, 08:33 AM
I still kill mages ;)

Dyclonious
04-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Yeah the GCD nerfed everybody... in exactly the same way. Balance wasn't effected imo.

I can deal with the GCD on damage abilities, but to have a GCD on buffs and debuffs is ridiculous. Takes a mage a good 4 seconds to get buffed for battle, for example. In PvP its inconvenient, but in PvE it kills us everytime.