PDA

View Full Version : get rid of those scammers!an initiative we can try to take to make scam-extinct

Greatankush
05-29-2015, 01:23 PM
Hello fellow arlorians,
In this thread I just wanted to try to help lessen scam...
First of all we all know that scamming is becoming a huge problem for lots of people who may be in a hurry or not alert at the time due to some reason.i know we can not make it extinct but atleast do our bit to spread awareness and leessen it.just my bit maybe someone may think I am a big noob and I don't know anything but try to understand me...
1) If someone tries to scam you anyhow just say <name> is a scammer.in the chat(common) and every scammer will reply that you are a scammer that proves he is one
2)if someone says 'I can regenerate ur gold and items' or 'I can double your gold'just tell in chat that it is a scam and don't trade that guy to help lower lvls who don't know it.
3)never take of your items from auction to sell unless the deal is fully decided.
4) the must is spread awareness about scams and help lower levels not to get scammed
5) don't get scammed yourself check all the items and gold amount.
I know it's all repeat from other wonderful guides but this is to get more great ideas I know many of u out there have great ideas...this is for now I'll be posting more soon...I want more and more points.

Get some great stuff going you may make a noob smile some day :) the feeling is what counts and not the content :)
I know all this is noob stuff xD I want more..will be updating soon:distracted:

I even want to form a group for this but I am still figuring it out

Greatankush
05-29-2015, 01:25 PM
<reserved>For later updates and club details

Greatankush
05-29-2015, 01:27 PM
<reserved>

Iamsenpi
05-29-2015, 01:28 PM
One jerk made me take my stuff out of ah to buy it cheaper then was just like nah nvm I don't want it now x.x

Greatankush
05-29-2015, 01:30 PM
How to form a group..xD

Iamsenpi
05-29-2015, 02:04 PM
How to form a group..xD

To get in u need to beat up great

shothim1
05-29-2015, 02:13 PM
Me too I got scammed for my 55k vanity and my 28k

carmine_blade
05-29-2015, 05:15 PM
I really wish the mods would spend just 20 minutes in Outpost watching the chat. Seems most scammers are there, probably cos it's the town the lowest lvls can access i.e. lots of new players. Within those 20 minutes you can see the Blinky/Blight scam, Frist/Frost, promocode selling, all sorts... sigh.

Usually I'm very supportive of STS and their endeavours but I have to say, the way they manage scammers (that is, ignore completely our complaints even when accompanied by screenshots) is extremely disappointing.

Caabatric
05-29-2015, 07:02 PM
some ideas could be warnings to players. If a player says words like "double your gold" "duplicate items" "selling account" the player it was directed to (pm) will receive a pop up on screen saying this player is attempting to scam you. This can get rid of some of some of these types of scams.

A blinky/blight or frist/frost trade should be avoided by the players observation skills (their are 2 verification parts of a trade so...). However, perhaps when the item is an event only pet the pet will have a easily noticeable symbol by it. (I was thinking about a gold star for gold tier??)

I doubt these ideas will go into place but might as well try.

Seoratrek
05-29-2015, 07:49 PM
The best thing you can do is be vigilant. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. If you are unsure about something, you are more than welcome to PM one of us for clarification. If you do run into some of the people, please send a detailed report to our support team at support@spacetimestudios.com with the details of the situation. I'm going to close this before it becomes a name and shame type of thread. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me directly.

Thanks!