PDA

View Full Version : Rage of the Ren'gol Sneak Peek | Key Art Reveal + Hulking Brute Mob!

Remiem
05-29-2015, 05:14 PM

Things are really coming together with the Rage of the Ren'Gol expansion! Check out the beautiful new key art, featuring our heroes pitted against an angry group of orcs who have just finished burning and pillaging the poor town of Garetta. I can't wait to get in there to help!

Also, we just wrapped up another one of our new mob types...the Hulking Orc Brute. What's so scary about another Orc, you ask? Well, just check out how he compares in size to his normal orc brethren...or better yet...the teeny tiny gnome! But that's not all. This raging brute looks out for his own and gets angrier the more orcs you kill around him, giving him increased speed and damage. I'd sure as heck be scared if I were him.

Who will help these poor gnomes?!!!

Anasinator
05-29-2015, 05:50 PM
I hope it will be fun to fight :)

twoxc
05-29-2015, 05:54 PM
Second lol.

Dalmony
05-29-2015, 05:58 PM
They looks awesome ^_^

Expansion must be exceedingly close by now :3

Farminer's
05-29-2015, 05:58 PM

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

mmaachilles211
05-29-2015, 05:59 PM
Awesome can't wait 6th :)

acewasabi
05-29-2015, 06:03 PM
exciting! :)

also, that gnome is cute hehe

also, plat sale pls?

Anabrad
05-29-2015, 06:06 PM
8th and can't wait

nazarethnusz
05-29-2015, 06:06 PM
Wow look awesome. .lol

Ssneakykills
05-29-2015, 06:11 PM
The orcs look pretty impressive

Dimitrian
05-29-2015, 06:12 PM
OMG THIS IS SOO AWESOME

gonna set it as my wallpaper :D

RaZrAT
05-29-2015, 06:30 PM
i dont have good gears :| but cant wait for this!! :))

extrapayah
05-29-2015, 07:24 PM
niceee, any news on shared pet stable?

and please return breeze's range, please

thank you

scarysmerf
05-29-2015, 07:28 PM
Awwwe the gnome reminds me of gnomeo and juliet :p

Donquixoth
05-29-2015, 07:55 PM
15th -_- last

ImValorzeta
05-29-2015, 08:02 PM
16th..nice boss..hope the loot is awesome too

Mortalninja
05-29-2015, 08:12 PM
Woo Orcs look cool :P

Wazakesy
05-29-2015, 08:42 PM
A Drum stuck in a catapult without its rubber string? How cool ._.

Santave
05-29-2015, 10:26 PM
Woow thats cool :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ripnabs
05-29-2015, 11:18 PM
:encouragement:

Gladius
05-29-2015, 11:52 PM
The art is awesome...

the Hulking brute ....*gulp* looks like we need a bigger party

supersyan
05-30-2015, 12:48 AM
Who will help these poor gnomes?!!!

Rogues

marfibagheera
05-30-2015, 01:11 AM
woooooooooow awesome guys:smiley_simmons: but when's the release date of expansion? :)

felipezem
05-30-2015, 02:00 AM
Ancioso pra matar orcs

Dex Scene
05-30-2015, 03:32 AM
24th..
Can't wait!
The teasers are working very well.

Haligali
05-30-2015, 03:40 AM
Another troll boss?

Madnex
05-30-2015, 04:54 AM
Another troll boss?

No, this is one of the warrior-type mobs from the new maps. Should be interesting.

gereomanchie
05-30-2015, 05:49 AM
i will help little gnomes to smash the orcs

gereomanchie
05-30-2015, 05:52 AM
how about the new chest? surprise or you will make teaser?

Deathdor
05-30-2015, 06:00 AM
A Drum stuck in a catapult without its rubber string? How cool ._.

Understanding orc traditions: Step 1, orc code #78, Garetta library book 822, copy 10, issue 30, chapter 6, page 8, myth 2,348, fact 0

A drum, is never a drum.

A barrel, is never a barrel.

Did you know?
Orcs play badminton

Doubles up as masher!
Gotta use something to mash potatoes.

I like how this enemy reacts to combat.
Speeds up, increases damage.
Strategy: Kill it, kill it first!

Nicely done.

Dashie
05-30-2015, 06:37 AM
Wow....this looks cool !! Orcs <3

Meteoral
05-30-2015, 07:50 AM
Cool! Can't wait :)

vfreakhun
05-30-2015, 09:56 AM
I like how this enemy reacts to combat.
Speeds up, increases damage.
Strategy: Kill it, kill it first!

Nicely done.

Now, we know that rogues are needed...
IMO we knew this already.... LOL

Kakashis
05-30-2015, 10:32 AM
Looks good! He looks like he's full of one hits :(

Deathdor
05-30-2015, 10:46 AM
Now, we know that rogues are needed...
IMO we knew this already.... LOL

I'd say a couple of rogues.
Probably a warrior...
but rogue? Definately.
;)

Kyle Holmes
05-30-2015, 11:51 AM
Give the guy that does the art work a cookie because this looks awesome

sent from fritters beak

Thefireofic
05-30-2015, 02:09 PM
The gnome..

Learafica
05-30-2015, 03:06 PM
I think it will be the best map

i cant wait

Xorrior
05-30-2015, 05:00 PM
First teaser that actually has me excited in anticipation.

........And he isn't even a Boss!

Devaux
05-30-2015, 05:15 PM
You guys are a bunch of teases:)

Madnex
05-30-2015, 05:27 PM
Another troll boss?

No, this is one of the warrior-type mobs from the new maps. Should be interesting.

On second thought I'm not sure. The title says boss but the post says mob type. Then again pretty much all of the existing mob types have a boss version right now.

On a sidenote, for days now I was thinking that the little gnome had a fancy mustache...

Littlegroot
05-30-2015, 05:30 PM
Selling my service to these Gomes

5m I will kill the orcs and protect your town

Serancha
05-30-2015, 06:18 PM
I'd say a couple of rogues.
Probably a warrior...
but rogue? Definately.
;)

Anything that requires killing quickly means rogue-based teams. The more rogues, the quicker they die, so the less chance things will get harder. This seems to be encouraging all-rogue teams.

But hey, I'm a rogue - so yay. That being said, I'd really like to have a use for my other toons. I do enjoy the other classes, they're just so inefficient. Things that require quick-kill "or they get harder" means any rebalancing of pve is a long way off.

Nice artwork though.

Zeus
05-30-2015, 06:45 PM
So, will sorcerers be unwanted for this boss? Since their AOEs will wipe the minions frequently...

Noxarrow
05-30-2015, 06:50 PM
woaaaq very nice

Aprove
05-30-2015, 09:21 PM
Nice Art.
Excited to see the Expansion.
Btw, The Gnome is super super super small :banana:

alongcay
05-31-2015, 02:43 AM
Did the warrior will helpful in this expansion? ?

Ardbeg
05-31-2015, 05:50 AM
This raging brute looks out for his own and gets angrier the more orcs you kill around him, giving him increased speed and damage.

Awesome Artwork!
But this Mechanic (like every DPS check, enraged Arena Bosses for example) at least seems to punish having a Tank or Mage in the party. After all the Feedback regarding PVE issues i trust that you keep this aspect in mind :)

Haligali
05-31-2015, 08:31 AM
That gnome is cute for sure

Roycedamagnet
05-31-2015, 11:09 AM
Lmfaooo the gnomes tho xD...dey r actually too cute to b gnomes xD

justhell
06-02-2015, 08:47 AM
Warrior will agro another mob while rog kill this mob... Mage??? [emoji20] again and again we'll be a class who have to tried really hard just to got party invited.

Why not make him have ability to eat his comrades when his hp down under 50% to increase his speed and damage,that will make mage AoE have important part to prevent this orc eat his comrades.

Fibus
06-02-2015, 12:18 PM
Hi all,

I just want to correct something with the original post (which I've updated). The Hulking Brute is actually a regular mob, not a boss. I wouldn't underestimate him though. He can be quite a handful if you engage him without knowing his abilities.

To address those of you concerned with how Sorcerers will handle this mob, I think much of that concern should be lessened knowing that he is a mob, not a boss. Continuing with our design philosophy of striving to encourage diverse group compositions, not every class will be 100% effective on every mob encounter. While this particular mob may be a bit difficult for Sorcerers to fight effectively, there are other fights where they will be better than the other classes.

As a Sorcerer, I would suggest primarily using Lightning Strike for a pack that contains a Hulking Brute (as opposed to Fireball), as it will be a little easier to position yourself to hit just the Brute. A Warrior would also be useful as he'll be able to control the mobs and prevent the Hulking Brute from destroying the Rogues and Sorcerers in the group as he grows in power. A well-placed Time Shift plus a Rogue or 2 can bring the Brute down quickly as well.

Madnex
06-02-2015, 12:39 PM
Hi all,

I just want to correct something with the original post (which I've updated). The Hulking Brute is actually a regular mob, not a boss. I wouldn't underestimate him though. He can be quite a handful if you engage him without knowing his abilities.

To address those of you concerned with how Sorcerers will handle this mob, I think much of that concern should be lessened knowing that he is a mob, not a boss. Continuing with our design philosophy of striving to encourage diverse group compositions, not every class will be 100% effective on every mob encounter. While this particular mob may be a bit difficult for Sorcerers to fight effectively, there are other fights where they will be better than the other classes.

As a Sorcerer, I would suggest primarily using Lightning Strike for a pack that contains a Hulking Brute (as opposed to Fireball), as it will be a little easier to position yourself to hit just the Brute. A Warrior would also be useful as he'll be able to control the mobs and prevent the Hulking Brute from destroying the Rogues and Sorcerers in the group as he grows in power. A well-placed Time Shift plus a Rogue or 2 can bring the Brute down quickly as well.
Thanks for the clarification.

On a sidenote, are there any plans for any skill/team buff implementation (outside of mob/boss design) that will make a three-way class-diverse team the most efficient way to farm the new maps? Or will we be stuck with full rogue teams and maybe a mage?

derieoktora
06-02-2015, 12:45 PM
Can't wait for expansion

Oezheasate
06-02-2015, 01:21 PM
Lel #11 charachters

Oezheasate
06-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Hi all,

Btw awesome signature, made me laugh

Fibus
06-02-2015, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

On a sidenote, are there any plans for any skill/team buff implementation (outside of mob/boss design) that will make a three-way class-diverse team the most efficient way to farm the new maps? Or will we be stuck with full rogue teams and maybe a mage?

A high level goal with the expansion, and moving forward, is to make each class desirable in a group setting. How exactly we accomplish that will likely come from little tweaks to multiple game systems over time, as opposed to major overhauls of one to two game systems (such as a Skills revamp). This isn't an overnight change and will probably take place over an extended period of time, but rest assured, we certainly don't want a game where one or more players are excluded from something simply because they are playing a certain class. That said, I don't have any estimates on when any of these potential tweaks would take place. We are currently 100% focused on getting the expansion ready for launch.

Boomboomsatli
06-02-2015, 02:10 PM
Hi all, when I will be lvl 46, and than I craft pendant planar, he will be lvl 46 or lvl 41 ?

Madnex
06-02-2015, 02:54 PM
A high level goal with the expansion, and moving forward, is to make each class desirable in a group setting. How exactly we accomplish that will likely come from little tweaks to multiple game systems over time, as opposed to major overhauls of one to two game systems (such as a Skills revamp). This isn't an overnight change and will probably take place over an extended period of time, but rest assured, we certainly don't want a game where one or more players are excluded from something simply because they are playing a certain class. That said, I don't have any estimates on when any of these potential tweaks would take place. We are currently 100% focused on getting the expansion ready for launch.
Ah, fair enough. But does that mean the skill system revamp that was pushed for post-expansion was called off?

Serancha
06-02-2015, 05:19 PM
Ah, fair enough. But does that mean the skill system revamp that was pushed for post-expansion was called off?

I think they announced a while back that the skill revamp promised last summer is no longer on the table.

justhell
06-02-2015, 08:13 PM
Hi all,

So warrior is control class now? how poor my mage became [emoji20]. Easy to say that thing,but I can't argue anything now we'll see when expansion coming. Just wish in this expansion u guys prove that u guys serious when talking about class balance.

And btw about mage lightning strike it still prefer to aim unmovement object rather than mob.

Haligali
06-03-2015, 03:38 AM
Warrior will agro another mob while rog kill this mob... Mage??? [emoji20] again and again we'll be a class who have to tried really hard just to got party invited.

Why not make him have ability to eat his comrades when his hp down under 50% to increase his speed and damage,that will make mage AoE have important part to prevent this orc eat his comrades.

Do you play mage? Frost bolt freeze everything atm..

Hi all,

This is a very technical post, im very happy and i want to see these kind of comments, we really miss these since swede inactive/left. It makes me truly believe that developers actually have some clue, thank you very much!

Wazakesy
06-03-2015, 04:44 AM
Change the way taunt works for warriors pls!

jiazataoe
06-03-2015, 06:33 AM
More golem :(

Fredystern
06-03-2015, 06:56 AM
Of course us. The Legends will help those poor gnomes

justhell
06-03-2015, 07:21 AM
Do you play mage? Frost bolt freeze everything atm..

This is a very technical post, im very happy and i want to see these kind of comments, we really miss these since swede inactive/left. It makes me truly believe that developers actually have some clue, thank you very much!
[emoji33] seriously? Didn't time for play atm,but yes my main toon is mage. Are they released annoucement about that? coz I didn't notice.

TRVPLORDx
06-03-2015, 12:25 PM
Excited for this !

vfreakhun
06-04-2015, 05:33 AM
[emoji33] seriously? Didn't time for play atm,but yes my main toon is mage. Are they released annoucement about that? coz I didn't notice.
LOL.
Mage now freezes many bosses (Planar Tombs bosses, Antee in arena, etc.)
IMO it is a kind of nice gesured glitch.
OFC there was no announcement.

tonyyyyy
06-04-2015, 08:16 AM
Cool

When is this new update is coming

skiorakehan
06-05-2015, 02:49 AM
Kill them all lol!?

Monique Jessica Mann
06-06-2015, 07:22 AM
when it comes...i cant wait longer

crudmudgeon
06-06-2015, 08:36 PM
Hi all,

Come on now... I've always found it easier to fight a mob that is FROZEN not just slowed down with Timeshift... WTF is up with mobs that don't freeze!? It was ABSOLUTELY GLORIOUS to be able to participate in Planar Tombs as a valued member of the team while the sorcerers and bosses froze... luckily I was able to hoard enough essences that I'll be able to craft both imbued armors and pendant... because I do not see myself effectively participating in Tombs anytime soon now that the hardest mob don't freeze and I die when they blink in my general direction...

Come on. It was the best week of my AL life... PLEASE BRING BACK SORCERER FREEZE if not bosses... and don't make even more content I won't be able to survive even with 20M of equip and 12 Plat of elixers... THATS JUST WRONG.