PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick of all you guys complaining.

RedRyder
04-13-2011, 06:55 AM
There's something called constructive criticism, but when you're going as far as nagging over and over again when the DEVS said themselves that they're playing, watching, and listening and will take the appropriate action. It was a comment on my post that set me off so sorry if this is kinda rant'ish

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/0750dcd0.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/7cbfbe1b.jpg

They're going to discuss today what they can do to improve on the system. and as said they wait to see how the players react to the change. Bellow are a few instances where this was the case

When no one liked the chat filter and the temporary silencing, they removed it

When no one liked the 90% drop rate of ao1, they nerfed it.

People felt ancient swamps were too hard, they nerfed it.

When you guys felt the shadow caves were too easy and should be more elite since the drops were apparently better than the rarer AO3 drops. So they nerfed that as well

I know there are many more instances like this, so you know the devs give it time before they take any action. Something will be done.

Ellyidol
04-13-2011, 06:58 AM
Maybe he really likes the new Polar Bear face.. ;)

But I hear ya, Red! We're not going anywhere so don't worry :P

RedRyder
04-13-2011, 07:01 AM
It's like they're completely overlooking all the other super cool features over one thing. My only real issue was with the menu, but you don't see me making multiple threads, posting everywhere about it, or making a quit thread.

Ellyidol
04-13-2011, 07:02 AM
It's like they're completely overlooking all the other super cool features over one thing. My only real issue was with the menu, but you don't see me making multiple threads, posting everywhere about it, or making a quit thread.

That's why you have the red shield with a crown on it as your avatar, you're better than that :)

Acyer
04-13-2011, 07:03 AM
/ agreed I'm not going anywhere just a few tweaks and the game will be perfect.

Buffs being longer and the world map is all I see. Players should adjust to change 1 biggest problem I'm hearing is mage healing and buffing simple answer if 2 are in the party 1 buff heal other dps and help heal. Now are the times is when skilled players will shine and the so called "noobs" will quit.

Plasticuproject
04-13-2011, 07:07 AM
How are the devs going to know how I feel about this if I don't speak up?? I feel pretty passionately about this so I'm going to let them know and POST POST POST. This is my game too and I PAY for it.

RedRyder
04-13-2011, 07:24 AM
There's a Thread (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?23320-Client-Update-1.7.1-is-Live!&p=258435&posted=1#post258435) for that. And believe me, they know.

When they say they're going to do something, wait till it's done and then continue "voicing" your opinion IN the feedback thread. They read everything even though they don't reply all the time. You try making a game that will appeal to every one of their thousands among thousands of players. Or quit if it bothers you that much. Another player will fall in your place

Corpser
04-13-2011, 07:28 AM
yeah im not complainig just sugesting that they lower it completly agree with you tho to many complaints.

i just suggested they lower the cool down thats all

RedRyder
04-13-2011, 07:29 AM
And im sure something of the sort is in the works

Plasticuproject
04-13-2011, 07:46 AM
Yes something may be in the works BECAUSE people spoke up. If five guys said they didn't like it and never spoke about it again how would the devs know how a lot of us feel? This is what makes this a community. We may not have a vote but we have a voice. If you don't like something that has happened in your community at home what do you do? You write your congressman. You find people who feel the same as you and encourage them to write their congressman. You organize a rally or protest or start a petition. You may not have a direct vote but you have a voice and it is in your best interest to use it. Your complaining about people's complaining is completely asinine and redundant. If you don't like it you can simply ignore or do what you are doing now, VOICING YOUR OPINION....SAME AS I.

Mikeylito
04-13-2011, 07:46 AM
I dont understand your point. You tell us to stop complaining because they hear us. But yet, how do you expect them to hear us if we dont complain?? Take a seat, grab popcorn and just enjoy the show because with this new update their is going to be alot of complaints about gcd. Also stop complaining about complaining.

Ellyidol
04-13-2011, 07:56 AM
I dont understand your point. You tell us to stop complaining because they hear us. But yet, how do you expect them to hear us if we dont complain?? Take a seat, grab popcorn and just enjoy the show because with this new update their is going to be alot of complaints about gcd. Also stop complaining about complaining.

You don't need to complain for them to hear you. They don't treat complaints as the most important feedback, quite the opposite in fact.

Constructive feedback aimed to provide what you experience and prefer, nothing more. No quit threats and ruining of the game accusations - I mean, why would they? Its money in their pocket.

RedRyder
04-13-2011, 08:07 AM
I never said there was an issue with voicing your opinion did I? PLEASE find that for me. What I'm referring to are the people that CONTINUE to ramble on even AFTER the devs said they were working on it. You guys are so dense. Go on with writing paragraphs that have nothing to do with my main point. In case you missed it, again, my point was that you've complained, the devs responded, so stop complaining?

Something is going to be done, so there's not need to spend the in between complaining constantly when the change is on it's way. THAT is my point.

Plasticuproject
04-13-2011, 08:25 AM
This is what happens when a lot of people become unhappy very quickly. People will remain posting because they are unhappy with the game and will remain that way until it is fixed. A one liner that says "we're workin' on it" is not enough for some people. I thought it was extremely obvious this was going to be a HUGE issue the day they announced it was coming. Are you going g to tell me that they didn't recognize this? People did speak up, before the update and they were basicly ignored. So they they are upset. Is that so unreasonable? A lot of these people are still just now finding out about this! I made multiple posts because I wanted to pound it in their heads how unhappy I am with this update. I gave constructive criticism "Turn it down a notch". I even started a thread asking others for help and ideas on skill set up to help with mage strategy, that was ultimately closed. And you, a GUARDIAN, are going to call me dense? Really? Name calling? I expected much more tolerance from a guardian such as yourself.

hawkei
04-13-2011, 08:30 AM
im tired of the complaining also, like everyone is so spoiled.
and yes that dude is very bi-polar haha

RedRyder
04-13-2011, 08:35 AM
i said being dense as of state of mind. there were complaints when this was announced, but do you think they would just shelve it then? dont you think theyd rather have people try it out and THEN take their criticism to mind? well thats whats happening now. they implemented the system and are now taking in the opinions of the people. theyve responded to the opinions so that should be enough. wait till after the fix theyre going to implement before you propose any further complaints.

bravemenrun
04-13-2011, 08:38 AM
Everyone needs to tone it down on both sides. I agree that repetitive posts by the same player don't help, they just clog up the forums. But I also think every player is entitled to post their opinion in hopefully a constructive way even if the opinion has been posted by someone else already. Since I started last october, I can't think of a single change that effected the entire game as much as GCD has, or seen this bad a firestorm from any change. So I'm certain the devs are taking this seriously. But people should not be discourage from adding their voice to the mix.

Rare
04-13-2011, 08:38 AM
Yeah, you know, I don't like that so much changed at once but I'll deal with it. I'm pretty sure that every game I joined since the update at least one person has complained and said they were quitting. I don't think the gameplay is that much different.

Although, I must say I'm not impressed with the cool down. Makes things a lot more difficult in places where it was already pretty difficult.

And maybe its just me, but it seems like a lot of the sewer maps have changed a little. At least Stronghold and Catacombs. The floor in the trash room looks different. The entry way in to the king and queen room looks a little longer. Maybe I'm just crazy though.

Plasticuproject
04-13-2011, 08:45 AM
Oh. Please link me to where they have responded, I haven't seen that. All I have read is basicly that they are listening. So if they are listening people will continue talking. Have they asked anyone to stop giving feedback yet?

BeardedBear
04-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Complaining about complainers makes the situation worse. Let's all just calm our horses.

RedRyder
04-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Oh. Please link me to where they have responded, I haven't seen that. All I have read is basicly that they are listening. So if they are listening people will continue talking. Have they asked anyone to stop giving feedback yet?

If you took as much time searching for it as you did being stubborn then you'd find it

KingFu
04-13-2011, 09:00 AM
All I can say is, every little update, and every little change added to PL causes some kind of controversy! If people just give it time to adapt, they'll be fine! I remember when 1.4 came out. So much change, and so much stuff I didn't like at the time because it was different, and I almost quit. Now? Well, I've adapted, and I'm fine with it, and like it better than before. People just need to be open minded and try adapting to the new environment. But as for the fart packs, those things give me nausea:p

Plasticuproject
04-13-2011, 09:09 AM
Red, I am stubborn, and you can't link me. All JustG has said is to keep leaving feedback, we are watching and playing and will iterate in the future. That's it.

RedRyder
04-13-2011, 09:12 AM
All I can say is, every little update, and every little change added to PL causes some kind of controversy! If people just give it time to adapt, they'll be fine! I remember when 1.4 came out. So much change, and so much stuff I didn't like at the time because it was different, and I almost quit. Now? Well, I've adapted, and I'm fine with it, and like it better than before. People just need to be open minded and try adapting to the new environment. But as for the fart packs, those things give me nausea:p

finally someone that fully understands. the cool down isnt going away so get used to it. if you need me to post that, then i will gladly. theyre doing fixes and will unleash them on us by today (do you also need me to post that for you?) i predict a .25 second cool down. fast enough for us to barely notice, but slow enough to prevent multi tapping on skills.
increasing damage/buffing/healing outputs while slightly decreasing enemy damage is another prediction.

Major
04-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Either way, what happens, happens and there is not to much we can do, suggestions here and there are good but we don't need any complaining. We just have to learn to adapt. We are human, we should be able to do this guys. Personally i like the GCD it makes the game more balanced, just needs getting used to is all.

Duke
04-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Personally i like the GCD it makes the game more balanced

Yeah... now everyone is equally useless. ;)

Plasticuproject
04-13-2011, 09:21 AM
That's all I wanted was a reduction in cool down time. .15 or .2 And I could care less about extending buffs.

bravemenrun
04-13-2011, 09:24 AM
.25 secs may work. We'll see. But telling players to get used to it may be premature. Some things I can adjust to. And if players adjust and runs get faster as people get better at it, I can deal. But if not, I have every right to stop playing. If you rented a PS3 game and hated the mechanics, would you then go buy it and force yourself to get used to it? Big LOL there. But seriously both sides need to tone down the tudes. I think the forums need a global cool down right now.

KingFu
04-13-2011, 09:28 AM
.25 secs may work. We'll see. But telling players to get used to it may be premature. Some things I can adjust to. And if players adjust and runs get faster I can deal. But if not, I have every right to stop playing. If you rented a PS3 game and hated the mechanics, would you then to buy it and force yourself to get used to it? Big LOL there. But seriously both sides need to tone down the tudes. I think the forums need a global cool down right now.

He never said he'd force them/you to play, just asked them to stop complaining. I've seen people spamming in town "Complain to the devs so they change this!", and many other complaints aimlessly whining about the GCD. If they have such a big problem with it, they should delete the app and quit if they really don't even want to TRY to get used to it. I'm fine if someone says they don't like the update that much, especially if I ask them, but people spamming in town, and whining about it, asking me, or anyone else to help support them so they change it gets annoying. Give it a few days, or even a day. I bet half the people whining about it haven't even left town.

RedRyder
04-13-2011, 09:29 AM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/41a67dd3.jpg

But seriously both sides need to tone down the tudes. I think the forums need a global cool down right now.

i agree lol. im done. if we voiced our opinions already, lets just leave it at that.

KingFu
04-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Meh, just all day I have heard people complaining about GCD in game. Then I go on facebook, and check the PL page out of boredom, and still, people complain about the GCD. Then I come to forums and see toms of locked complaint threads. Just getting annoyed>.<

RedRyder
04-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Meh, just all day I have heard people complaining about GCD in game. Then I go on facebook, and check the PL page out of boredom, and still, people complain about the GCD. Then I come to forums and see toms of locked complaint threads. Just getting annoyed>.<

all thats what fueled this thread -.-

Mikeylito
04-13-2011, 09:36 AM
I have warned people about the gcd since the beggining and nobody wanted to listen. I already lost many friends because of this do to them quiting. As far as im concerned the people have every right to complain. We payed real money forthis game and now its changed completely. You need to get over the fact that people are complaining because its going to keep on happening. People are angry and they have every right to be until this terrible gcd is gone. Why does it seem that everyone with crown shields by their name seem like tush kissing fanboys? So sick of it....

Plasticuproject
04-13-2011, 09:38 AM
He never said he'd force them/you to play, just asked them to stop complaining. I've seen people spamming in town "Complain to the devs so they change this!", and many other complaints aimlessly whining about the GCD. If they have such a big problem with it, they should delete the app and quit if they really don't even want to TRY to get used to it. I'm fine if someone says they don't like the update that much, especially if I ask them, but people spamming in town, and whining about it, asking me, or anyone else to help support them so they change it gets annoying. Give it a few days, or even a day. I bet half the people whining about it haven't even left town.

People are afraid. Afraid if they don't speak now, if they just let this calmly be implemented that it will stick, that they will have missed their opportunity to be heard.
"If we don't take action now, we'll settle for nothing later" -RATM

Yes its a bit crazy right now. And yes I do LOVE the rhetoric, the debate and the arguing. This is more fun for me then playing with a .5 second cool down ;)

KingFu
04-13-2011, 09:39 AM
I have warned people about the gcd since the beggining and nobody wanted to listen. I already lost many friends because of this do to them quiting. As far as im concerned the people have every right to complain. We payed real money forthis game and now its changed completely. You need to get over the fact that people are complaining because its going to keep on happening. People are angry and they have every right to be until this terrible gcd is gone. Why does it seem that everyone with crown shields by their name seem like tush kissing fanboys? So sick of it....

I understand people have a right to be annoyed, and dissapointed, or even angry. However, as Max said, there's a big difference between aimlessly complaining, and giving constructive feedback that actually benefits the devs, and doesn't make everyone else wanna kick em into next week:p

Genes
04-13-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm a moderator (guardian in your context) in another forum and I assume as mods, you guys should have an operation or some other sub forum where it's hidden from public views to do discussions on problem threads, people, projects etc. Only mods, admin, forum managers can access. I think it's a difficult situation for mods to handle with changes this scale. So why not discuss on how to handle this situation there first rather then creating a thread that will surely see more red? If we members voices are too much, lock the thread so that no one else can add more post?

Ellyidol
04-13-2011, 09:43 AM

Trollalala?

They have been through all this and more before. They know what has happened, is happening, and going to happen, all from the experience they've had over the past year - hence they're status.

Similar updates?

Combat Rebalancing - Massive uproar, especially on how "slow" weapons became. Apparently game was ruined, people quit, PL was dead, STS acted on it, solved. Healthy game.

Anti Rush - Again the rebellion. Game was ruined, everything slower, PL was dead, STS acted on it, solved. Healthy game.

GCD - Obviously. Game was ruined, everything slower, death of PL, STS WILL act on it, solved. Healthy game.

RedRyder
04-13-2011, 09:45 AM
Trollalala?

They have been through all this and more before. They know what has happened, is happening, and going to happen, all from the experience they've had over the past year - hence they're status.

Similar updates?

Combat Rebalancing - Massive uproar, especially on how "slow" weapons became. Apparently game was ruined, people quit, PL was dead, STS acted on it, solved. Healthy game.

Anti Rush - Again the rebellion. Game was ruined, everything slower, PL was dead, STS acted on it, solved. Healthy game.

GCD - Obviously. Game was ruined, everything slower, death of PL, STS WILL act on it, solved. Healthy game.

which brings me back to my first post. IT WILL BE FIXED

Petrichor
04-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Ugh i agree with this thread. Change is inevitable and it's good that they are constantly updating or else the game would get boring and repetitive. Changes aren't easy to get used to and I understand that but I just personally think people should give it more of a chance. Doing one or even a few runs is not going to make things normal. I think that complaining about it tO the extent that I've seen (no I'm not generalizing everyone who opposes gcd) is not going to help you. Instead of complaining try doing runs and practicing with gcd. Maybe you will find out that it's better than you thought. I'm sure you'll find that it's not really as bad as it seems. Personally I don't feel a major difference other than I put much more thought and consideration into what I am pressing. Sure things may seem slower but that's because everyone is still getting used to it. This is just the beginning and like everything in technology there are things that can always be improved. That's just my contribution to the defense. :)

LADYHADASSA
04-13-2011, 09:48 AM
No matter where in life game, family,friends, work, church any place people exist there is going to be opinions.. The old adage opinions are like........everyone has one... The point , constructive critism is the best way to give feed back, a reasoning behind your thought.... People are correct on both sides in this thread...people want to be heard ok that is fine, I did so as well... However.... The child like putndowns, and constant complaints are bringing me back to high school drama, give this crew of devs time to work things out... And remeber all this is their b day week that being said there is withoutnquestion an uodate coming for that, Pl devs are probabley working some LONG hours since update breath.... I am not saying I personaly enjoy the GCS, but i have to Say this... Give this poor crew a break! Does anyone else know what kind of pressure one endures at work?

....Hands devs a bottle of advil...

Ellyidol
04-13-2011, 09:50 AM
No matter where in life game, family,friends, work, church any place people exist there is going to be opinions.. The old adage opinions are like........everyone has one... The point , constructive critism is the best way to give feed back, a reasoning behind your thought.... People are correct on both sides in this thread...people want to be heard ok that is fine, I did so as well... However.... The child like putndowns, and constant complaints are bringing me back to high school drama, give this crew of devs time to work things out... And remeber all this is their b day week that being said there is withoutnquestion an uodate coming for that, Pl devs are probabley working some LONG hours since update breath.... I am not saying I personaly enjoy the GCS, but i have to Say this... Give this poor crew a break! Does anyone else know what kind of pressure one endures at work?

....Hands devs a bottle of advil...

Some party drinks and lets start the party!!!

Mikeylito
04-13-2011, 09:52 AM
which brings me back to my first post. IT WILL BE FIXED

The question is How will it be fixed? By putting the CD too .25 seconds? I can guarentee it still wont work. Get rid of gcd altogether and just make it so you cant multitouch and then everyone will be happy. Heck if anything bring back multi, its still better than gcd!

markus
04-13-2011, 09:53 AM
. As stated before, why buy a game and try to learn to enjoy it? Prob is people bought a game with real money they enjoyed and now after changes a lot of people didn't want, its here to stay and we have to learn to enjoy it?
Hmmmmmm............
With everyone tight on money thee days is it really that suprising the amount of distatse at the new gcd?
And since I have spent a decent amount of money on tbhis game I will post here and nywhere else until I feel my voice is heard. I will prob take a break from pocket legends till this issue is resolved because its no longer fun to play. As mentioned in another of my posts, itdosnt mean gcd removed but def need to fix the fun factor of this game. And I have given several ideas.

Olli Walli
04-13-2011, 09:53 AM
I agree to some extent. I personally do not like the GCD at all. I'm still playing and waiting to see what happens. Everyone should atleast post on the feedback column atleast once if they do or don't like it. Nothing wrong with that.

As for the people saying that this will show true skill and that the people that are complaining just need to step up their game..... I'm not even going to go there. Anyone who has played with me and many others know that we can more than hold our own on any map in the game.

RedRyder
04-13-2011, 09:54 AM
no matter where in life game, family,friends, work, church any place people exist there is going to be opinions.. The old adage opinions are like........everyone has one... The point , constructive critism is the best way to give feed back, a reasoning behind your thought.... People are correct on both sides in this thread...people want to be heard ok that is fine, i did so as well... However.... The child like putndowns, and constant complaints are bringing me back to high school drama, give this crew of devs time to work things out... And remeber all this is their b day week that being said there is withoutnquestion an uodate coming for that, pl devs are probabley working some long hours since update breath.... I am not saying i personaly enjoy the gcs, but i have to say this... Give this poor crew a break! Does anyone else know what kind of pressure one endures at work?

....hands devs a bottle of advil...

thank you!!

Plasticuproject
04-13-2011, 09:54 AM
I just don't see the big deal with letting people complain. It's what we do. Don't like who's in office, complain. Go to a therapist, complain. Chicken for dinner again, complain. Businesses have whole departments dedicated to complaints. Its how things get done in America. Without the right to complain what do you get? Orwellian thought police. Ever read 1984? Ever heard of communism? You should embrace people's right to complain. It's part of what makes them free.

RedRyder
04-13-2011, 09:58 AM
. As stated before, why buy a game and try to learn to enjoy it? Prob is people bought a game with real money they enjoyed and now after changes a lot of people didn't want, its here to stay and we have to learn to enjoy it?
Hmmmmmm............
With everyone tight on money thee days is it really that suprising the amount of distatse at the new gcd?
And since I have spent a decent amount of money on tbhis game I will post here and nywhere else until I feel my voice is heard. I will prob take a break from pocket legends till this issue is resolved because its no longer fun to play. As mentioned in another of my posts, itdosnt mean gcd removed but def need to fix the fun factor of this game. And I have given several ideas.

please. take a break. and as ive said, if you voiced your opinion once, wait till after the fix to voice it even further. idk about you guys, but id get tired of repeating the same thing anywhere and everywhere. anything in the feedback thread is being read by the devs, so keep it there. no need to spam the life out of it

Genes
04-13-2011, 10:01 AM
As for the people saying that this will show true skill and that the people that are complaining just need to step up their game..... I'm not even going to go there. Anyone who has played with me and many others know that we can more than hold our own on any map in the game.

Lol Olli, I've played with you sometime ago and I think you're awesome. Agree with all the "skills" thread. Makes me feel that the community only accept "skilled" players and outcast the "casual" players.

Petrichor
04-13-2011, 10:02 AM
I just don't see the big deal with letting people complain. It's what we do. Don't like who's in office, complain. Go to a therapist, complain. Chicken for dinner again, complain. Businesses have whole departments dedicated to complaints. Its how things get done in America. Without the right to complain what do you get? Orwellian thought police. Ever read 1984? Ever heard of communism? You should embrace people's right to complain. It's part of what makes them free.

Yes people are free to respectfully state their opinions. It's not the fact that people are complaning or expressing their dislike for the changes...it's the extent that I have seen/heard some people take it to. The devs work hard to make it enjoyable for us all and feedback is definitely beneficial in the development whether it is positive or negative. So go ahead, say what you want as I'm sure it will help. However, the method some people have chosen is what is irritating others

Mikeylito
04-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Constructive critisism? Ha No need for that!! Its so blatantly obvious the failure of this update and it can easily be described in two words. It sucks....... Why do you want people to explain why it sucks? Ummmm have you played the new update? Its the gcd duhhhhhhhhhh! It Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that out and seriously a waste of time to try and explain because of how obvious the prob is.

KingFu
04-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Constructive critisism? Ha No need for that!! Its so blatantly
obvious the failure of this update and it can easily be described in two words. It sucks....... Why do you want people to explain why it sucks? Ummmm have you played the new update? Its the gcd duhhhhhhhhhh! It Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that out and seriously a waste of time to try and explain because of how obvious the prob is.

Then either quit, give necessary feedback, or give the devs some time to work it out? Complaining doesn't do anything....I'm tired of wasting my energy. It's so simple, give constructive feedback, quit, or give devs time to work it out. 1832 people complaining doesn't help, just makes things harder. Sorry if I sound harsh, but thats how it is.

Plasticuproject
04-13-2011, 10:07 AM
I can't believe this! Do you promote censorship or something? Why shouldn't people be able to say what's on their minds if its not hurting anyone?? Just because it annoys you!?!

Mikeylito
04-13-2011, 10:08 AM
Then either quit, give necessary feedback, or give the devs some time to work it out? Complaining doesn't do anything....I'm tired of wasting my energy. It's so simple, give constructive feedback, quit, or give devs time to work it out. 1832 people complaining doesn't help, just makes things harder. Sorry if I sound harsh, but thats how it is.

No we are not going to stop complaining and if ypu dont like that then you quit the game. Otherwise put that smile back on your face and act as if nothing us wrong. The people have spoken....

chappy
04-13-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi,

This is a bait and swtich - a fraud. This is why so many people are upset. It has nothing to do with the game itself - balancing or unbalancing. It changes the activity itself. Now a phone really begins to overheat and battery life is much more reduced. Instead of a 5 minute run, you don't since you only had 5 minutes to begin with. And now you have to carve out more time than in the past to participate. Othere activities in ones lives now compete and as such, the activity of PL has changed. I don't care about the game. I care about the fun of the activity. And it has changed significantly where you just can't use all your spells. You just can't use lower damage weapons that might have other attributes. The freedom has gone and that is the gripe.

So from STS perspective, there must be other things happening. GCD must reduce the server load in processing and this time must allow for better virtualization of all of the traffic of data, including a significant growth in the user base. When a change like this that affects the user activity itself, then it is now a different user activity. This is the bait and switch. That is my concern.

They can change the game but not our controls and that is what happened. The backlash is going to be significant with a huge devaluation of items, etc. if this is not corrected. Of course, perhaps due to not being able to add new servers, or higher performing ones, or perhaps they didn't budget for capital correctly to support the growth, the bottom line is this change in control most likely saves them signficant cost in computing hardware and virtualization. I do not know but there is no question with so much not happening so quickly, the computing requirement is so much less not just in data processing totals but burst capacity. To support burst capacity you need much faster equipment which is not cheap nor as a new company, it may not have been budgeted.

So I believe GCD is a capital and hardware decision on STS's part and not a decision to change the game itself but it does affect the user activity which will affect the user participation. I don't think many of the past changes ever affected our controls before. They effected the environment we played in.

I initially thought the change was from the higher level players wanting more of a challenge and I hope that isn't case. In that they could have made more challenging 80 level play and in fact they should be investing R&D in this area. Also, using increased AI like MAN vs WATSON technology would be cool too. But again this is an investment in server technology and units.

I think it all comes down to dollars and capital for STS. I believe this is the reason for the GCD. I don't blame the developers, I don't blame the high level players for wanting more challenge, and I don't blame STS management if in fact it has to do with server capital.

STS has a right to change gameplay. I know that with the success of STS there will be a lot of competition and options for the user to get a pre 1.7.1 user activity. The problem and why it is so emotional is PL was the first to entertain us and develop this new quick device independent activity that can happen anywhere.

As a new xoom user I do love the new graphics. I can adjust to the GCD but unfortunately the majority of the user base cannot and without a lot of players online, getting a party together that is decent will be even more time consuming. And keeping them together is even going to be tougher.

Change is good - it keeps us focussed and vibrant. This change may cost STS dearly. They really needed to spend more time assessing the impact of the user controlled activity and understand the repercussions before launching. They should have a broader based beta testing group like premier software companies.

Too much is a stake for them to use the community as the beta test. This is one update they will be feeling for months, quarter, and perhaps years.

One thing comes through with all of this banter through the masses - that is the thirst for the user activity that was pre 1.7.1 PL. Although PL is not gone, that user activity of fast runs is. People will find other options in time.

I am sad for STS and PL. I see the worst case scenario unfolding. I does not bode well for all especially those with the most to lose which is lvl 55+ players and STS.

Time will tell.

KingFu
04-13-2011, 10:10 AM
I can't believe this! Do you promote censorship or something? Why shouldn't people be able to say what's on their minds if its not hurting anyone?? Just because it annoys you!?!

No, I just don't think everyone argueing and complaining is helping anyone or anything. I don't feel people need to speak everything that's on their mind unless it is going to benefit someone or something. Some people don't like GCD how it is, I've heard it so many times today, devs know it, you know it, I know it. I just don't think posting it over and over benefits anything.

Mikeylito
04-13-2011, 10:10 AM

I agree 100%. Maybe he lives in cuba or iraq where people are hung for complaining and voicing their opinion. Gosh thank goodness hes not president.

KingFu
04-13-2011, 10:16 AM
I agree 100%. Maybe he lives in cuba or iraq where people are hung for complaining and voicing their opinion. Gosh thank goodness hes not president.

Lol, nope. I'm fine with people voicing their opinion, if it's beneficial, and put in the right way. People complaining and whining doesn't help anything, especially when it's being complained about every 5 posts. I don't want to get into a big argument about this, can we just agree to disagree? Devs will fix it soon enough......

Plasticuproject
04-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Chappy, your post was a little over my uneducated head so I will have to take what you say with a grain of salt, not because I distrust you but because of my ignorance.

@Mystical: If you want to post 9,000 times on how your cat pees in the house or your poppa beats you in off topic you are free to do so in my opinion. That is your right and I respect that.

EDIT: Why does posting something HAVE to be beneficial? Why can't it just be cathartic?

markus
04-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Well said chappy

FluffNStuff
04-13-2011, 10:24 AM
Is this where I complain about Dane Cook? Man, is that guy annoying!

RedRyder
04-13-2011, 10:24 AM

you have no place here. youre just trolling now. however, although i dont agree with plasticcupproject a lot, i respect his opinion. youre just being immature now and bashing people for no reason.

Petrichor
04-13-2011, 10:25 AM
Lol, nope. I'm fine with people voicing their opinion, if it's beneficial, and put in the right way. People complaining and whining doesn't help anything, especially when it's being complained about every 5 posts. I don't want to get into a big argument about this, can we just agree to disagree? Devs will fix it soon enough......

I like it....agree to disagree :)

ratava
04-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Txs Chappy; thoughtful read. Tbh it's 50% mmo players complaining, business as usual... Maybe a significant % bait & switch and some other reasons finishing the rest eg future dev.

First I agree with OP: It's the best supported app in app store I have seen and fact GCD is being iterated in the combat mechaic shows there's partly a real desire for STS to continue to improve the mmo. Ie this is MMOs we are talking about: Always changes.

Constructive criticism is the way forward. Peace out :)

smokester
04-13-2011, 10:30 AM
red and myst stop feeding the trolls... we have been there and done that with every major update or a major change to the game... ppl leave and ppl come... just let them complain and complain they are just lessening what little reputation they have... if you dont like it that much to where you are complaining 24/7 and have to argue with every person why dont you just quit, go find something else to do....

Plasticuproject
04-13-2011, 10:34 AM
red and myst stop feeding the trolls... we have been there and done that with every major update or a major change to the game... ppl leave and ppl come... just let them complain and complain they are just lessening what little reputation they have... if you dont like it that much to where you are complaining 24/7 and have to argue with every person why dont you just quit, go find something else to do....

Is this directed toward me?

Fluff, please start a thread on Dane Cook. I would like to join you in complaining about him.

StompArtist
04-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Please stop complaining about the stop complaining thread peeps. TY. :D

Plasticuproject
04-13-2011, 10:39 AM

Lol. I've finished complaining a while ago. Now I'm just arguing :)

RedRyder
04-13-2011, 10:42 AM

and with this im done. youre right. ill be there to enjoy the silence of all these people complaining by the end of today, or tomorrow depending on how soon the devs are changing this. it isnt the first time this has happened, as Elly and myself has listed, and i know this situation will be dealt with appropriately.

jaggedlilpill
04-13-2011, 10:43 AM
So you make a thread complaining about the ppl complaining...lol. All this complaining. Anyone want cake?

FluffNStuff
04-13-2011, 10:45 AM

Please stop complaining about the complaining about the stop complaining thread, and just complain about Dane Cook.

Plasticuproject
04-13-2011, 10:47 AM
So you make a thread complaining about the ppl complaining...lol. All this complaining. Anyone want cake?

And I'm defending his right to complain ;)

Mikeylito
04-13-2011, 10:58 AM
you have no place here. youre just trolling now. however, although i dont agree with plasticcupproject a lot, i respect his opinion. youre just being immature now and bashing people for no reason.

Well if u respect his opinion then you should respect the opinion of the thousands of people complaining. Dont tell them to stop because they have the right to be heard

RedRyder
04-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Well if u respect his opinion then you should respect the opinion of the thousands of people complaining. Dont tell them to stop because they have the right to be heard

They've been heard, heard, heard again, and heard some more.

FluffNStuff
04-13-2011, 11:00 AM
And I'm defending his right to complain ;)

Can you defend my right to complain about you defending his right complain?

markus
04-13-2011, 11:01 AM
So when are the devs gona attempt a fix at this? And iam curious if this is poor planning on sts part......
Also are those voicing there opinions loudly gona be persecuted with temp or perma bands?

Mikeylito
04-13-2011, 11:01 AM
They've been heard, heard, heard again, and heard some more.

Yes and they will be heard some more

Redbridge
04-13-2011, 11:03 AM
I've just made a carrot cake. Yum yum yum. Anyone want any?

Plasticuproject
04-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Can you defend my right to complain about you defending his right complain?

Yes. I will defend your right to complain about anything (except people who complain about Dane Cook. Seriously I REALLY don't like him).

RedRyder
04-13-2011, 11:05 AM
Yes. I will defend your right to complain about anything (except people who complain about Dane Cook. Seriously I REALLY don't like him).

Something in common

markus
04-13-2011, 11:06 AM
I thought I read some where about people complaining will get temp posible perma bands or am I imagining it?

KingFu
04-13-2011, 11:06 AM

Well said Smokester#1. Well said...

LADYHADASSA
04-13-2011, 11:07 AM

You make the point entirley clear and here is mine... i put in my grievance as do others no matter where i am in life, that being said I am a positive person i seek the bright side to all things and for this situation the bright side is... the devs fix things when they go wrong.. Opinions voiced...

Now does ANYONE like cake? ( lmao random but who cares lol)

LADYHADASSA
04-13-2011, 11:08 AM
thank you!!

Lol Care for some cake? Lmaoooooo

KingFu
04-13-2011, 11:09 AM
I thought I read some where about people complaining will get temp posible perma bands or am I imagining it?

You're not imagining it:

Definitely keep a cool head about it. Those that know us, know we will keep working on things until they rock. Troll or multiple cries of this sucks can lead to temp (or perm) bans from here. We need level feedback, not drama.

Sorry

You know, this is one of the reasons why I felt the need to RE-Iterate my comments (My ban called it Trolling). I suspect that those that bare the shield, and those that seem to have a sole purpose to one day bare the shield, are downplaying their dismay at the recent changes.
Don't want to piss off the devs and lose the chance at the coveted shield, right?

News flash... you aint helping.
So, before you go telling the populous that this bickering is THEIR fault, you should look in the mirror.

jaggedlilpill
Carrot cake....yuuuuum

RedRyder

There have been bans for spamming both on the forum and in game.

LADYHADASSA
04-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Some party drinks and lets start the party!!!

What are we having!!!!!! / brings party platters full of munchies and a homemade huge cake who has the drinks?

ECHUSER
04-13-2011, 11:14 AM
i'll bring the drinks! whos the designated driver?

Plasticuproject
04-13-2011, 11:15 AM
You're not imagining it:

And I'll call G out on that for bullying. They want to ban someone for letting out some steam in a tastefully manner, ban me first because I no longer want to be part of a community that does not encourage people to be themselves and have the FREEDOM to say what's on their mind.

RedRyder
04-13-2011, 11:15 AM
What are we having!!!!!! / brings party platters full of munchies and a homemade huge cake who has the drinks?

Are you 21+ ;)? if so I'll bring the drinks. I'll bring the party mix

Benaorn
04-13-2011, 11:16 AM

Can I get banned for complaining about getting banned for complaining?

LADYHADASSA
04-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Are you 21+ ;)? if so I'll bring the drinks. I'll bring the party mix

Ohhh yes indeed I am lol.... I collect keys all so drop them in the key box!!! ....... Turns up the tunes.......

smokester
04-13-2011, 11:18 AM
You know, this is one of the reasons why I felt the need to RE-Iterate my comments (My ban called it Trolling). I suspect that those that bare the shield, and those that seem to have a sole purpose to one day bare the shield, are downplaying their dismay at the recent changes.
Don't want to piss off the devs and lose the chance at the coveted shield, right?

News flash... you aint helping.
So, before you go telling the populous that this bickering is THEIR fault, you should look in the mirror.

uh no just no... it seems as though you havent learned your lesson which is sad and pathetic... why dont you go look at yourself in the mirror? lmao... for your information im not downplaying my dismay or wanting to lose my chance at the coveted shield bahahahahaha that is so funny to me... i would careless if i get a shield or not as you can see my join date which was apr last year and the number of posts i have... and most of the posts account for putting trolls like you in their place.... im done i wont post no more im gonna stop feed you trolls food lmao peace out

markus
04-13-2011, 11:20 AM
So would my posts be considered complaining because iam partaking in the criticism of there latest update, and will I suffer a ban for voicing my thoughts on what people post because it is distastefull even though I. Have given positive feedback and criticism?

WILLIAM cmy
04-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Guardian of Alterra.... or Guardian of STS?
I thought they were selected because they helped the community a lot and being rewarded with a shield.
Or
Is that they all get a red shield from STS such that they can be the official spokeman and know what we don't know?

... I should start a new thread "I am sick of all Guardians of Alterra who pretend to be the super-class!"

RedRyder
04-13-2011, 11:23 AM
So would my posts be considered complaining because iam partaking in the criticism of there latest update, and will I suffer a ban for voicing my thoughts on what people post because it is distastefull even though I. Have given positive feedback and criticism?

who cares? just join the party. dont forget to drop your keys in lady's bowl before partaking in the festivities ;)
oh and bring a variety of cakes and you wont have to pay the 10k gold at the door fee.

Plasticuproject
04-13-2011, 11:23 AM
How is this trolling? This whole thread subject is a troll itself. How do you troll on a troll thread? (By throwing a dang cake and booze party when I'm am trying to argue civil liberties, that's how) ;)

Plasticuproject
04-13-2011, 11:25 AM
.......can I have a slice?........

markus
04-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Is that what we can expect from sts in future though? When we disagree with or dilike something and we voice our thoughts we risk getting banned? I hate to say it but those with the shields do seem a bit elitest...... wich is to bad cause I had a lot of respect gamewise for mystic and the others......

Justg
04-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Closing up now, new iteration coming later today.

Party on!