PDA

View Full Version : Question from some1 looking at al

Befs
05-31-2015, 08:54 AM
Hello al community,

Is there a viable way to play al using a macbook air (13 inch) and trackpad or magic mouse? In pl there wasn't, because you couldn't click the skills fast enough, but is there a way in al?

Farminer's
05-31-2015, 09:19 AM
Keyboard 1,2,3,4,5

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Befs
05-31-2015, 09:26 AM
K ty, I have one more.
Is it better to charge skills or spam? In PvE

Overweightank
05-31-2015, 09:53 AM
K ty, I have one more.

It all depends, heres for warrior:

SS half way, Cs half way, jugg charged, heal charged, normal attacks always spam, and for Venge charged.

heres my recommended skills set: SS, CS, HORN, JUGG . (Windmill is weak and imo really bad for pve considering cs can taunt AND deal massive damage)

Tatman
05-31-2015, 10:06 AM
K ty, I have one more.
Depends on your class. I don't charge anything when playing rogue, except shadow veil (charging increases its radius) and nox bolt (only when soloing). Mages, on the other hand, need to charge a lot. Not that familiar with the warrior class.

Befs
05-31-2015, 10:14 AM
It all depends, heres for warrior:

SS half way, Cs half way, jugg charged, heal charged, normal attacks always spam, and for Venge charged.

heres my recommended skills set: SS, CS, HORN, JUGG . (Windmill is weak and imo really bad for pve considering cs can taunt AND deal massive damage)

Sorry for not specifying but it's for sorcerer

JohnnyHardcore
05-31-2015, 10:39 AM
Sorry for not specifying but it's for sorcerer

Sorcerers charge almost every spell.

Trancemaster
05-31-2015, 10:50 AM
Hello al community,

Is there a viable way to play al using a macbook air (13 inch) and trackpad or magic mouse? In pl there wasn't, because you couldn't click the skills fast enough, but is there a way in al?

I've been playing on a pc for more than three years. In the beginning when I started playing with pc I clicked skills pretty slow because I wasn't used to it. I'm not sure about a macbook and either a trackpad or magic mouse. If you'e going to play AL alot on your macbook then I'd recommend you getting a better mouse. If you don't want to buy a new mouse then use the magic mouse. Using the magic mouse has way more accuracy than the trackpad. The trackpad makes it much harder since you basically have to use both of your hands to move your cursor and then click (my experience). Another reason is you should use magic mouse is because you to move your character with W,A,S,D. When using the trackpad, it's probably hard using those keys. Those keys are the main keys to walk/move around. Your mouse would then be the "clicker" to click skills etc. Hope this helped!

Dalmony
05-31-2015, 08:52 PM
Playing on PC I use numbers for skills, the E and W for pots, and the arrow keys to move. That way its left hand for skills and pots, right hand for movement. I don't see how anyone using wasd movement can possibly spam enough pots, use skills and move smoothly at the same time all with one hand. Lol!!

Fiasaria
05-31-2015, 09:14 PM
i use macbook air ( 11inch) and its harder with magic mouse cuz u have tom the character in wasd while with the keyboard only u move in right left down and up key skills in 1234 pet aa 5 spam normal attacks space bar pots q and e

Befs
06-01-2015, 05:53 AM
Problem solved guys thanks, what works for me is arrows for movement q / e for pots and 1-5 for skills

gumball3000
06-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Al is best played with a mouse because you can't cancel your skills on keyboard

Zeus
06-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Al is best played with a mouse because you can't cancel your skills on keyboard

Yes you can, press enter.

Wazakesy
06-01-2015, 09:00 PM
Enter key = Open chat

1,2,3,4,5 = 1-4 character assigned skills, 5 pet activated ability

/ -> overrides any previous command like /guildc. Best to use if

/guildc hi
/p les do dis

WASD/ arrow keys -> Movement

Q/E Potions

Space is for weapon attack

I assume thats it....

gumball3000
06-02-2015, 03:22 AM
Yes you can, press enter.
Just when you tought you knew everything...

Tested it, it works by bringing up the chat, i wish there was a more elegant solution.

kinzmet
06-02-2015, 07:41 AM
Just when you tought you knew everything...

Tested it, it works by bringing up the chat, i wish there was a more elegant solution.

There is.
Double press enter.

Zeus
06-02-2015, 09:51 AM
There is.
Double press enter.

Yep, lol. I love it!

Dalmony
06-02-2015, 08:14 PM
Also if you die in something you can't revive in like a poison pool or whatever, but you can't see when its gone cos the revive box is in the way... Press 'I' to open inventory and then close inventory and you will have clear view of the screen for a few seconds ^_^ Gotta keep doing it til its gone but hey ho :P

BaronB
06-04-2015, 11:40 AM
Also if you die in something you can't revive in like a poison pool or whatever, but you can't see when its gone cos the revive box is in the way... Press 'I' to open inventory and then close inventory and you will have clear view of the screen for a few seconds ^_^ Gotta keep doing it til its gone but hey ho :P

Yup, also works if u die in pvp, stay dead do same an you can see half of whats happening :3. Can also press "enter" whilst dead to chat away whilst dead XD can be fun :3

ripnabs
06-04-2015, 11:58 AM
There is.
Double press enter.

:victorious: