PDA

View Full Version : Screen Burn-In protection NEEDED!

Sterist
04-13-2011, 12:25 PM
i've only been using this game for about 2 weeks and most of the hud is already burned into my cellphone's screen lol

it would really be nice if there was some measure in place to avoid this like an option to dim the hud or make the hud elements spiral a few pixels @ about 2 RPM or hide hud while in town(e)s or (insert brilliant idea here :))

i don't care if it comes to be a platinum feature lol i really need it and the lack thereof will reduce how much i play the game significantly

JaytB
04-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Does that still happens to modern phones? O.o

Never heard of an LCD screen burning in, but that's probably just me :)

Sterist
04-13-2011, 12:33 PM
i'm not an expert on burn-in's lol but i can see my spell bar while i'm using my phone's web browser (-_-)

samsung epic 4g
the screen is OLED (not LCD) i don't know if that makes a difference.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oled

Olli Walli
04-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Yes it happens. I have a samsung fascinate with the AMOLED screen and it has faint burn in. It is not usually noticable, but it's there.

Lesrider
04-13-2011, 12:37 PM
This forum has given me so many reasons to stick to iDevices :)

JaytB
04-13-2011, 12:41 PM
This forum has given me so many reasons to stick to iDevices :)

Lol. Indeed :D

I have PL opened for most of the day just standing in one spot and have never even spotted the slightest hint of burnin on either iPad or iPhone.

Sterist
04-13-2011, 12:46 PM
OLED screens consume much less power. i don't know if that's the difference here but each type of product has it's pro's n con's............... but i digress. let's stay on topic please? :)