PDA

View Full Version : PL Project (Officially) Abandoned

MightyMicah
05-31-2015, 03:04 PM
About a year ago I had a dream of remixing the themes within Pocket Legends and creating a theme for each zone. I made dozens of small melodies that I messed around with, one day planning to make them so much more. However, my enthusiasm died hard as one bad update after another came, all my friends left, and I, myself, simply wasn't having fun anymore in game. I still wanted to complete the project though so I kept fiddling around with it. When the news hit about PL, SL, and DL no longer getting updates I was almost certain I would never finish the project. But there was still a chance. Now, I have moved on to other things and have officially dropped the project.

However, I did manage to finish one particular song about a year ago that I planned to share eventually, and that is the remix of the original PL theme. I thought I'd go ahead and share it with you guys just so you can have it if you really want it: https://soundcloud.com/micah-greaney/pocket-legends-main-theme-1

It's not my best work, and I could certainly do a much better job now, but I don't have the original files to remaster it with. So it is what it is. Crank that volume up! (Also, it's free to download if you so desire.)

Enjoy!
-MM

End
05-31-2015, 04:03 PM
Unlucky man, What are you working on now

Glorbuk
05-31-2015, 06:37 PM
That is some awesome work! Have you showed this to any STS staff?

Ape
06-01-2015, 03:36 PM
Brings back old memories (especially 1.01-1.05, dunno why). AMAZING

XghostzX
06-01-2015, 06:47 PM
Cool stuff bro, really impressive stuff. Extremely talented!

Sheugokin
06-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Nice to meet you Micah Greaney!

The music can literally bring you to tears. :,(

Schnitzel
06-01-2015, 10:18 PM
That is...some AWESOME MUSIC!!

great job Micah!

btw, I've never downloaded music from Soundcloud before, is it supposed to be an ".aif.crdownload" file?

MightyMicah
06-01-2015, 11:40 PM
I appreciate the support, guys! It really does mean a lot to me that you guys enjoy it. In some ways even posting here makes me want to reconsider but I just can't find the motivation. Perhaps if STS ever takes off in the future, I might do some remixes for those games. (Maybe CoC? Who knows...)

Unlucky man, What are you working on now

I'm currently working on a Hip Hop/Rap EP. (This white boy goes hard. Just wait and see :) )

That is some awesome work! Have you showed this to any STS staff?

No, but I doubt they'd care. They'd just as soon ban me for copyright lol.

That is...some AWESOME MUSIC!!

great job Micah!

btw, I've never downloaded music from Soundcloud before, is it supposed to be an ".aif.crdownload" file?

Hmm that sounds correct to me. It should download the aif file and then you can import that right into iTunes. If I remember correctly. Or any other music player that you have, if you don't use iTunes. Let me know if that works!

Brave Sir Robin
06-03-2015, 08:52 AM
It's a shame you could not complete your project. However, it's not all bad as while you were working on it you gained experience (working with various tools, composing, covering music etc.), which I am sure will prove useful for your future projects. Plus, now you got some more compositions in your portfolio:)

MightyMicah
06-03-2015, 11:08 PM
It's a shame you could not complete your project. However, it's not all bad as while you were working on it you gained experience (working with various tools, composing, covering music etc.), which I am sure will prove useful for your future projects. Plus, now you got some more compositions in your portfolio:)

All very good and very true observations!

By the way, it's good to see that you're still around, Brave Sir Robin! I can remember seeing you around quite often back in '11.

Brave Sir Robin
06-04-2015, 07:18 AM
Since the game is not updated any more, there is not much to write/argue about. This is the reason I rarely post these days.
However, I had a lot of fun playing PL and interacting with the community on the forums so I return here regularly.

I am one of the forum ghosts I guess...

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/Sfaliaras/ghost_zpssjwirgmw.jpg

Laar
06-04-2015, 05:25 PM
Hey Micah, fancy seeing you still on here!

If that isn't your best work, then I could imagine what would be. :)

We should talk sometime! Cheers ~

Jig
06-06-2015, 01:34 AM
Micah, you just unlocked a whole lot of feels of memories :sulkiness: I don't think this was too late to finish, I think this was spot on perfect timing, as a song like that should come with a Fair-well pocket legends video, popular moments of old times. Felt a slight tear coming on :s

oh wow.. Still can't believe how great and how much it was apart of my life.. Thats all I can say

Thanks Micah

Burningdex
06-06-2015, 03:33 AM
can i use this for BG music for school project?
It sounds amazing memories rushig back :,)

MightyMicah
06-10-2015, 09:01 PM
can i use this for BG music for school project?
It sounds amazing memories rushig back :,)

Go for it, man, I 'd be honored. :)

Flacs
06-11-2015, 06:23 PM
Very nice remix brother.

Its been so long time! Pm me =)