PDA

View Full Version : New endgame Warbirds: OP or not?

Itoopeo
06-01-2015, 03:42 PM
99% of endgame PvP birds are pure dex.
The damage is high on pure dex birds, but it has its disadvantages. One biggest counter is called Beckon+Stomp or Ice+Fire.
Birds tend to take so much damage from AoE spells, that in teamfights they are literally feeding opponents with kills.

I have been playing around with my L73 Beastly warbird with my own personal build made for warbird only (It sucks for pure dex, since dexbird dies so fast I dont get the advantages off it.)
73 warbird is a decent matchup against 76/77 mages, birds, foxes, rhinos, dexbears.

77 Lust warbird however has more skill damage, more survivability and more health, dodge and even crit.
Damage is still higher than lets say pallys or bears can do, as long as you avoid hit% debuffs.
Bears are not considered as "OP" as many birds say, since as a warbird you can survive full beckon stomp sms combo and quickly regen back to full hp.

Warbirds playstyle is very different. I personally like to go to melee range when fighting birds and mages, but I avoid bears. I use Avian scream s part of my burst, not just as an escape skill. It also has a knockback so combining it with repulse is great way to keep foxes away or end dexbirds lives with a nice big throw. :boxing:

I think everyone who has a 77 bird and str Lust set, should spend 4 plat and try to learn it. I say its as viable as dagger bears, if you use it right.

Share your experiences below people!

Sheugokin
06-01-2015, 03:49 PM
The damage is high on pure dex birds, but it has its disadvantages. One biggest counter is called Beckon+Stomp or Ice+Fire.
Birds tend to take so much damage from AoE spells, that in teamfights they are literally feeding opponents with kills.

I have been playing around with my L73 Beastly warbird with my own personal build made for warbird only (It sucks for pure dex, since dexbird dies so fast I dont get the advantages off it.)
73 warbird is a decent matchup against 76/77 mages, birds, foxes, rhinos, dexbears.

77 Lust warbird however has more skill damage, more survivability and more health, dodge and even crit.
Damage is still higher than lets say pallys or bears can do, as long as you avoid hit% debuffs.
Bears are not considered as "OP" as many birds say, since as a warbird you can survive full beckon stomp sms combo and quickly regen back to full hp.

Warbirds playstyle is very different. I personally like to go to melee range when fighting birds and mages, but I avoid bears. I use Avian scream s part of my burst, not just as an escape skill. It also has a knockback so combining it with repulse is great way to keep foxes away or end dexbirds lives with a nice big throw. :boxing:

I think everyone who has a 77 bird and str Lust set, should spend 4 plat and try to learn it. I say its as viable as dagger bears, if you use it right.

Str = Wimps

End of story gg.

Groaning
06-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Str = Wimps

End of story gg.

Words of wisdom :)

Ssneakykills
06-01-2015, 04:21 PM
Ya that very special 73 war build that is top secret because you never know when people will start playing 73 warbird as well

andi doubt a 73 warbird does well against 76/77 mages or bears

anahadaz
06-01-2015, 04:27 PM
Str = Wimps

End of story gg.

No better way to put it.

plpr
06-01-2015, 04:58 PM

i thought the thread was a joke..

Reunegade
06-01-2015, 06:14 PM
I stopped reading when it said Warbirds: OP.

Sheugokin
06-01-2015, 06:27 PM
i thought the thread was a joke..

I thought so too, but I guess not.

Waug
06-01-2015, 08:50 PM
STR bird is not op in general but as I say, killing.non str is easier with it.

and the birds who says bears r not op are those who play bear in their alt mostly or those who always fight someone hiding behind his str guild mostly. this is like a fam bear saying others 'str nub' u should rly ignore that.

If birds were op equipping str gear trust me u were not first to discover in june, 2015 and endgame would not b filled with str mages & bears.

In the fear of getting two hitter if you equip str, the dmg would b so low that u would not b able to kill str either. but getting str to srvive nothing wrong and you should ignore the hatters in such case. It's just rock solid hypocrisy to blame a bird being str whears the 90% endgame is str.

At last I'd suggest u to mix str & dex (dual spec) it's way better

Sheugokin
06-01-2015, 09:23 PM
STR bird is not op in general but as I say, killing.non str is easier with it.

and the birds who says bears r not op are those who play bear in their alt mostly or those who always fight someone hiding behind his str guild mostly. this is like a fam bear saying others 'str nub' u should rly ignore that.

If birds were op equipping str gear trust me u were not first to discover in june, 2015 and endgame would not b filled with str mages & bears.

In the fear of getting two hitter if you equip str, the dmg would b so low that u would not b able to kill str either. but getting str to srvive nothing wrong and you should ignore the hatters in such case. It's just rock solid hypocrisy to blame a bird being str whears the 90% endgame is str.

At last I'd suggest u to mix str & dex (dual spec) it's way better

One post that I agreed with you on.

Waug
06-01-2015, 09:28 PM
One post that I agreed with you on.

Then proly u could not understand the rest, or maybe I didn't explain like this one...

Itoopeo
06-02-2015, 02:29 AM
Ya that very special 73 war build that is top secret because you never know when people will start playing 73 warbird as well

andi doubt a 73 warbird does well against 76/77 mages or bears

My build turns into 77 build when I just add 4 more points to repulse.

Not bears that well but mages are easier than as pure dex

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

KingFu
06-02-2015, 02:33 AM
My build turns into 77 build when I just add 4 more points to repulse.

+20 attribute points
+a 2pc/3pc ring
+a lust set, or at the very least, crafted bsm set

Oh ya, and ya know, being decent.

Itoopeo
06-02-2015, 03:12 AM
Str = Wimps

End of story gg.

Joepally is a wimp? And Arsmage? Noooo.....
Your argument is invalid

Waug
06-02-2015, 03:56 AM
Your argument is invalid

I just googled to know the meaning of wimp and found this the perfect word to describe em ow I dont fight ars, he s a frnd so Idk.

The way the whole guild not only him fight to me- tickle me and ran back to hide behind either guildies or tree, booting if its 3-3, holding spot etc etc

anahadaz
06-02-2015, 07:29 AM
Your argument is invalid

Yes joe is a 'wimp' because he uses the op gear in the game instead of int, because he knows he would get farmed by any other int or dex pvper.

Reunegade
06-02-2015, 07:34 AM
Yes joe is a 'wimp' because he uses the op gear in the game instead of int, because he knows he would get farmed by any other int or dex pvper.
That's a bad mindset. One should not be called a wimp solely on the gear they wear, that's just pure ignorance.

anahadaz
06-02-2015, 07:37 AM
That's a bad mindset. One should not be called a wimp solely on the gear they wear, that's just pure ignorance.

Well it is true in this situation since itoopeo seems to think that str isn't op/an easier class to use.

Loving that sig though.

Itoopeo
06-02-2015, 08:14 AM
Well it is true in this situation since itoopeo seems to think that str isn't op/an easier class to use.

Loving that sig though.

Str isnt a class.

anahadaz
06-02-2015, 08:18 AM
Str isnt a class.

I'm sure you knew what I meant. What would you like me to call it instead then, lol.

Itoopeo
06-02-2015, 09:54 AM
I'm sure you knew what I meant. What would you like me to call it instead then, lol.

Stat.

And there is no specific stat for each class. Bird is not "meant" to be dex, since str works too and boosts defensive stats more.

Bears can use int gear, it also works fine, and gives the possibility to use smitten combo or other similiar depending on the weqpon.

Int birds can do nature strike i think with certain staffs.

However you can call a mage who uses str set a wimp, since its considered as OP without real weaknesses.
Warbirds are not OP so you cant call them wimps. Just consider warbird as a class of its own.

Ssneakykills
06-02-2015, 11:36 AM

Not really a bad mindset when the person in mind won't change gear to accommodate fair 1vs1s

You remind me of armourslash

KingFu
06-02-2015, 04:42 PM

In Joe's case, he's been a pally for about as long as I've known him, so at least since 50 cap. He even renamed to Joepally during I believe 56 cap. So he's a little bit of a different scenario from most pallies, who just went str to jump on the op bandwagon and not need to know how to play.

And Arsmage?

No idea who Arsemage is tho.

Itoopeo
06-02-2015, 05:30 PM
Not really a bad mindset when the person in mind won't change gear to accommodate fair 1vs1s

You remind me of armourslash

Well if you consider pallys as "unfair" thrn you are obviously a new gen noob who has no idea how to counter these pallys.

Using blind makes them useless. Time roots with their heal, and try to use the small 400 base hp against them by bursting fast 600 damage to them using cruel blast and roots.
Its enough believe me.

To main topic - warbirds lack damage so bursting pallys down is very hard and you need to hit all skills including Avian damage. It is possible tho, and the str set gives plenty of time to try again and again, and even save focus buff until pally runs out of armor buff.

Learn to know how to play against different classes before you cry here.

Pocket legends has total 15 different classes with 5 different skillsets and 3 different stat based item sets for each.
If you are used to play against only 5 classes, you are really a nub. Literally.

Would you cry if you get farmed by lust dagger set rhino? 400 armor 900+dps?
It hurts yeah and doesnt die, still it has its weaknesses.

KingFu
06-02-2015, 05:42 PM
Pocket legends has total 15 different classes

Str isnt a class.

^
/11chars.

Groaning
06-02-2015, 07:18 PM
Whoa we have 15 classes now. :/ Am I just stupid or have I been missing out D:

Suentous PO
06-02-2015, 11:28 PM
There are more! You forgot all the tri-stat classes!

Ssneakykills
06-02-2015, 11:49 PM
Well if you consider pallys as "unfair" thrn you are obviously a new gen noob who has no idea how to counter these pallys.

Using blind makes them useless. Time roots with their heal, and try to use the small 400 base hp against them by bursting fast 600 damage to them using cruel blast and roots.
Its enough believe me.

To main topic - warbirds lack damage so bursting pallys down is very hard and you need to hit all skills including Avian damage. It is possible tho, and the str set gives plenty of time to try again and again, and even save focus buff until pally runs out of armor buff.

Pocket legends has total 15 different classes with 5 different skillsets and 3 different stat based item sets for each.
If you are used to play against only 5 classes, you are really a nub. Literally.

I struggle to comprehend how wrong and absurd half the things you say are and you really shouldn't be telling me how to play my own class because I'm pretty sure I've played bird longer than you and at various levels.

Im getting lectured by someone who has a bird with 9k kills and 3k deaths why do I even bother feeding the trolls

Itoopeo
06-03-2015, 02:19 AM
I struggle to comprehend how wrong and absurd half the things you say are and you really shouldn't be telling me how to play my own class because I'm pretty sure I've played bird longer than you and at various levels.

Im getting lectured by someone who has a bird with 9k kills and 3k deaths why do I even bother feeding the trolls

Actually 14k kills and you keep whining about some variations of pally being op, while its not.
If I use blind -> pally wont do any damage.
If pally gets to use ice+fire on me, she chunks only 30% of my health.

Warbird might seem op but all you have to do is use bow set and root blind root combo.

Talon set doesnt work since blind root cruel blast is not enough to kill.

Befs
06-03-2015, 06:09 AM
Actually 14k kills and you keep whining about some variations of pally being op, while its not.

Warbird might seem op but all you have to do is use bow set and root blind root combo.

Bot I thot dat blindz ownli tekes het % nawt demuge.

anahadaz
06-03-2015, 09:44 AM
Bot I thot dat blindz ownli tekes het % nawt demuge.

It does quite a lot of damage.

Groaning
06-03-2015, 10:59 AM
It does quite a lot of damage.

Isn't it the second most damaging skill next to blast?

Ssneakykills
06-03-2015, 11:17 AM
Isn't it the second most damaging skill next to blast?

Avian is next

Ssneakykills
06-03-2015, 11:21 AM
Also to @itoopeo

Thanks for the new inspirational quote I could add to my collection I think it suits the others well

Sheugokin
06-03-2015, 02:06 PM

I just LOVE how he has not mentioned the OP dodge pallies have.

High armor and high health are just two aspects of pallies. But the dodge is what really pisses many people off.

I think that is why many people think that STR is OP.

If you have played, quoting you, during the "sewer cap since 2013," how do you not realize the increasing dodge %? Please, take you time and reevaluate your arguments because right now, I don't even know if you just started or if you are just trolling.

I am almost sure it is not the latter.

Budapest
06-03-2015, 02:42 PM
I'm not even going to get involved in this thread, Itoopeo just cracks me up. :)

anahadaz
06-03-2015, 02:46 PM
I would actually be happy if they just whipped out a bit of effort and nerfed the crit in the str sets, wouldn't take much effort at all, and maybe nerf rage too.

Suentous PO
06-03-2015, 04:07 PM
I would actually be happy if they just whipped out a bit of effort and nerfed the crit in the str sets, wouldn't take much effort at all, and maybe nerf rage too.

Also wouldn't take much to fix one # in the quest count, or for them to answer a simple question on bsm drop tables,
Buuuuuutt

Yeeaahh

It's pl

Itoopeo
06-03-2015, 04:48 PM
I just LOVE how he has not mentioned the OP dodge pallies have.

High armor and high health are just two aspects of pallies. But the dodge is what really pisses many people off.

I think that is why many people think that STR is OP.

If you have played, quoting you, during the "sewer cap since 2013," how do you not realize the increasing dodge %? Please, take you time and reevaluate your arguments because right now, I don't even know if you just started or if you are just trolling.

I am almost sure it is not the latter.

My account info says 2011 so I have never said such thing as sneaky "quotes"

Dodge is not a problem, just use root not hard. Or cb.

With pallies just look when they use heal and then root root blind cruel blast gf.

They heal only like 160 too so its not instant full hp like mages.

Use cruel blast for tanks especially pallys. I see many birds just spamming shots to pallys and end with double scream heal run and die.
Cruel blast is the main element in nukes.

anahadaz
06-03-2015, 05:07 PM
You seem to forget that they can (and do) dodge roots too.

Befs
06-03-2015, 08:21 PM
My account info says 2011 so I have never said such thing as sneaky "quotes"

Dodge is not a problem, just use root not hard. Or cb.

With pallies just look when they use heal and then root root blind cruel blast gf.

They heal only like 160 too so its not instant full hp like mages.

Use cruel blast for tanks especially pallys. I see many birds just spamming shots to pallys and end with double scream heal run and die.
Cruel blast is the main element in nukes.

Hey sneaky that's a good one

Birds can use cb.

Suentous PO
06-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Guis

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/lordzenu1/E80E5A4F-D970-4798-93AD-E22E2D0645EA_zpsjlak5mcg.jpg (http://s28.photobucket.com/user/lordzenu1/media/E80E5A4F-D970-4798-93AD-E22E2D0645EA_zpsjlak5mcg.jpg.html)

Get ready for a "pure dexbird is op" thread soon

Itoopeo
06-04-2015, 01:50 AM
Hey sneaky that's a good one

Birds can use cb.

Dodge debuffs in general. Dont forget hamstring thats crazy strong debuff too.

Ssneakykills
06-04-2015, 02:17 AM
Dodge debuffs in general. Dont forget hamstring thats crazy strong debuff too.

But you said or cb implying that birds would use cb which they can't because that's a bear skill.

Jheez guys did guy is rlly gud

Waug
06-04-2015, 06:02 AM
Devilfin, the problem is ur going to fight a pally and trying, but u are not able to kill that in few tries exactly that moment you're thinking if I was dex I could be able to do it ofc that's not incoorect but then u forget if u were dex u would not survive like that, the way u present all the theories reflects this dual mindset, having the advantage of both str & dex at the same time, which is not possible, other than that u had few good points.

dudetus
06-04-2015, 06:20 AM
I'm just going to sit back and wait until the "dex birds are OP" thread after he kills a few 71s with his bird.

AppleNoob
06-04-2015, 02:22 PM

Its enough believe me.

Stopped reading at newgen noob.
Only New gens do that insult.

Itoopeo
06-04-2015, 03:08 PM
Devilfin, the problem is ur going to fight a pally and trying, but u are not able to kill that in few tries exactly that moment you're thinking if I was dex I could be able to do it ofc that's not incoorect but then u forget if u were dex u would not survive like that, the way u present all the theories reflects this dual mindset, having the advantage of both str & dex at the same time, which is not possible, other than that u had few good points.

My theory is based on the fact that i did kill 71 beastly pallys with great success rate. They did like no damage to me, and I eventually killed them.
Same should go for 76/77 warbird vs pally fights

since these levels are very much likely.

Itoopeo
06-04-2015, 03:11 PM
I'm just going to sit back and wait until the "dex birds are OP" thread after he kills a few 71s with his bird.

I killed ayaxl already. And Hnw with root blast repulse combo since hes pure

AppleNoob
06-04-2015, 06:33 PM
My theory is based on the fact that i did kill 71 beastly pallys with great success rate. They did like no damage to me, and I eventually killed them.
Same should go for 76/77 warbird vs pally fights

since these levels are very much likely.

Uh no It won't.

Itoopeo
06-05-2015, 10:54 AM
Uh no It won't.

It will.

AppleNoob
06-05-2015, 01:19 PM
It will.

Just believe what you want to believe. It doesn't make you right.

Etarbitrev
06-05-2015, 05:15 PM
Embicle gone viral or somit?

anahadaz
06-05-2015, 06:20 PM
Embicle gone viral or somit?

Ya. Embicle.

bearuang
06-06-2015, 01:53 PM
There were few eg bird's that used to be str lust bird for a while but they prefer went back to pure.. Ex:cold,chaotik
I believe with their experiences they know bird better than you do
If warbird really that op as u speculated
They must have been a warbird till now
and it would must be a trend already

Itoopeo
06-06-2015, 03:36 PM
There were few eg bird's that used to be str lust bird for a while but they prefer went back to pure.. Ex:cold,chaotik
I believe with their experiences they know bird better than you do
If warbird really that op as u speculated
They must have been a warbird till now
and it would must be a trend already

Well look at Colds pure dex stats thats why he went back dex. He has so OP items based on dex

Itoopeo
06-06-2015, 03:39 PM
Just believe what you want to believe. It doesn't make you right.

Well you aint right either. Dont think anything about yourself, you are not smarter than others. (seems like you do think so)

AppleNoob
06-06-2015, 03:55 PM
Well you aint right either. Dont think anything about yourself, you are not smarter than others. (seems like you do think so)

No? I just believe I'm right in this matter. It doesn't mean I believe I'm smarter than others.

Itoopeo
06-06-2015, 06:55 PM
No? I just believe I'm right in this matter. It doesn't mean I believe I'm smarter than others.

It seems like you do by saying my opinions are wrong.
And also constantly throwing half hidden insults towards me.

I have been so long on these forums, then you just suddenly appear from a bush and start calling me new gen and saying i dont know anything about PL PvP.

Back to topic - If my bird was 77 I would be using lust str set and I would prove you my theory.

AppleNoob
06-06-2015, 10:46 PM
It seems like you do by saying my opinions are wrong.
And also constantly throwing half hidden insults towards me.

I have been so long on these forums, then you just suddenly appear from a bush and start calling me new gen and saying i dont know anything about PL PvP.

Back to topic - If my bird was 77 I would be using lust str set and I would prove you my theory.

Well let's see, Mr. balefort sewers cap from 2013.

I have not insulted you and while I've not been on the forums as long as you, appleisaac could confirm (if he was here today) I was in PL before you. I am also saying your opinion in this case is wrong. I however have not gone full out and said you were wrong in every way.

As you said back to the topic, your theory would be wrong.

XghostzX
06-06-2015, 11:26 PM
Str = Wimps

End of story gg.

Thanked/thumbed

Itoopeo
06-07-2015, 05:25 AM
Well let's see, Mr. balefort sewers cap from 2013.

I have not insulted you and while I've not been on the forums as long as you, appleisaac could confirm (if he was here today) I was in PL before you. I am also saying your opinion in this case is wrong. I however have not gone full out and said you were wrong in every way.

As you said back to the topic, your theory would be wrong.

My account info still says 2011 and I havent said such thing as sewer cap quote says.

And because I am 100% sure about 77 lust warbird will work in some way with certain gear, I want someone to switch to str and show me some gameplay.
Since warbird was very viable at 71/73 and 56/66, I say it is as viable on 77 too.
At least birds, mages, some pallys, dexbears, foxes and rhinos come down easily.

Sheugokin
06-07-2015, 12:49 PM
My account info still says 2011 and I havent said such thing as sewer cap quote says.

And because I am 100% sure about 77 lust warbird will work in some way with certain gear, I want someone to switch to str and show me some gameplay.
Since warbird was very viable at 71/73 and 56/66, I say it is as viable on 77 too.
At least birds, mages, some pallys, dexbears, foxes and rhinos come down easily.

Can you tell me if warbirds were viable in 2013 during the Balefort Sewers cap? Lol?

Honestly, warbirds lack a heck a lotta damage. As an int mage, I can easily burst many warbirds down.

If weakness hits, you're dead.

Seoratrek
06-07-2015, 02:09 PM
This thread has run its course. Please be sure to be respectful when debating. Thanks! :)